Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco Nexus Series Switches, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Since moving to these for our core data center switches, we don't have to worry about problems that they may have. They just get the job done, day in and out. You don't have to worry about whether the switch is functional tomorrow, they just simply work. For me, that's big on the ROI scale.
- Expandability is excellent, as we've grown, these switches have grown with us. No need to do a forklift upgrade to get new compute and storage cabinets up and running. When we've needed to add a new compute and storage cabinet, we buy the parts and connect them to these existing cores, add a little code, and we are in business. Another soft dollar amount when it comes to thinking about ROI, you can buy cheaper switches, but you would be hard-pressed to find better.
- As we've needed to add more features to the core network, these have allowed us to add those features and keep the business moving. For example, we needed to put some VACLs in place to control east-west traffic, so we quickly wrote some code, applied it to the switches, and it was that easy - we were done.
- Hard to comment
- ROI is really good
- It reduced our cost for colocation space at the data center due to its modular feature that supports virtualization using virtual device contexts.
- NXOS Checkpoint and Rollback feature helped us a lot during times when we had configuration errors and needed to rollback changes.
- The Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) feature made our SAN implementation easier.
- Increasing network capacity allows applications to grow without slowing down. This is a big advantage for us.
- High-speed processors manage high recovery and complex traffic.
- A positive ROI from the Nexus 9000 is cost reduction. We moved from a 2 core and 2 aggregation layer to just the 2 Nexus 9000 in our data center.
- Another ROI is the increase of efficiency. We don't have to distinguish between FastEthernet, gigabit ethernet, or ten-gigabit ethernet when configuring the Nexus 9000, they are all ethernet.
- Furthermore, another ROI is its reliability and stability. We have run our set of Nexus 9000 for over 5 years and have not had any hardware issues.
- Lastly, the features of the Nexus 9000 are another positive ROI. The ability to utilize vPC, FCoE, 40 gigabits, etc. gives us options to accommodate future business needs.
- We expected the switches to provide ROI and they did as advertised.
- NX-OS was pretty similar to IOS so the learning curve was pretty low.
- Being a Non-Profit we need to be extremely cost conscience and buy gear that has a long shelf life. Nexus line of switches met this objective.
- Positive ROI as I have seen fast switching and improved productivity.
- These switches are really special to us as we improved performance. The implementation was hybrid and it was challenging for us at first but with the help of the support team. We improved the whole process. Low power consumption is a great advantage since it reduces costs and increases bandwidth. It really is a system of professional switches that allow maximum workflow.
- Able to offer higher SLA for DC infrastructure
- Reduced DC services infrastructure cost by nearly 30% by bringing services back in-house
- our partner gave a good corporate discount so ROI was positive
- Hard to quantify ROI only based on switches but it certainly enables large migrations (on-prem and to the cloud), which is part of our larger IT strategy.
- It also brings in DC SDN in conjunction with applications and additional infrastructure, enabling additional automation and monitoring potentially lowering TCO.
- Improved business process outcome.
- Less impact to business and customer.
- Data center LAN
- Reduced downtime
- Higher throughput
- Speedy processors handle even the high valued and complex traffic.
- Further, Cisco Nexus has extra switches, that controls the flow of content.
- Further, Cisco Nexus has the appropriate storage selection with access methods that are authentic.
- Good ROI
- Great user and App access experience
- Cisco Call home licensing
- By having a better network capacity, I can increase my applications without being slow, [it] is a great benefit for our company.
- The energy consumption in our data center decreases is a benefit .
- The analysis of the data and the security that the Cisco Nexus 9000 [Series Switches] solution offers us helps us to make decisions [that] help to meet objectives.
- More port density saves cost for multiple switches
- Multiple capability of ports saves buying multiple switches for different purpose
- Multiple options / models as per requirement
- Very useful for identifying missed payments by vendor
- Reports great at isolating data
- Streamlines the administrative process, saving time and money
- High equipment costs
- Expensive Subscription and Support Contracts
- Some limitations by licensing model
- Cisco Nexus 9000 series has been able to overcome the stigma behind the Nexus 5000/7000 line and stand out on its own
- Higher cost point but meets business requirements
- High bandwidth utilization
- Ease of management
- We have been very successful with network uptime
- It's has always met our future needs to date when adding new data center hardware
- We have had these for almost 5 years and it still has support available to ensure maximum ROI before we need to regreen it
- It allowed us to achieve a great performance and reliability levels on our Datacenters.