Read all reviews
My experience with Cisco NX-OS dates back to about five years ago, using it to prevent network outages and optimization of networks. My …
This Cisco NX-OS switches were used as main switches by my client. It solved the business points like providing high performance in its …
Cisco NX-OS starting was very easy and effective through its clean, professional interface full of multiple and very functional …
Reliable Cisco platform that improves the performance of the network and easy to implement the platform with high-performance …
We are using the Nexus family switches as our main core switches within the datacenter. It's used in all our major sites which are hosting …
The Cisco NX-OS is a very good IOS software by Cisco. We are controlling all the necessary things using this OS. It is easy to work and …
Cisco NX-OS is used on some Nexus switches in our datacenter. These switches connect to both blade enclosures and individual servers, all …
Cisco NX-OS is being used on core Nexus switches to tie together closets as well as tie in VM infrastructure. It is being used across the …
We are using Cisco NX-OS for the operating system of our Nexus switches. We are using it for multiple purposes, one of them as a Data …
Cisco NX-OS is used as the component of Fabric Interconnect in the Cisco UCS solution in our organization. The UCS is a core of …
We are using the NX-OS in our data center across our organization. We use mostly use it to support layer2 requirements within the data …
We used Cisco NX-OS on our various Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 4000, and 1000V deployments. It is being used globally or across the whole …
Cisco NX-OS is being utilized by our customers as a CORE Switch on their organization. We deploy it via VPC to be able to have redundancy …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco NX-OS, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Cisco NX-OS is a network operating system presented as a solution to help network operations move at the speed of business, with comprehensive automation, extensive visibility, and flexible open architectures for data center networks. NX-OS is the network operating system for all fabric architectures, from traditional L2/L3 to overlay-based fabrics.Cisco NX-OS powers the modern data center.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Configuration is easy because it uses standard APIs.
- Cisco NX-OS has a flexible architecture for all scalable workloads.
- Performing segment routing is quite simple.
- Vulnarable to attacks if not used along a SOAR or SIEM software.
- A highly matured Cisco NX-OS operating system.
- Provides high performance.
- Runs longer duration with less issues.
- Few bugs with intel chipsets were noticed.
- None apart from this were observed.
- Easy to manage different networks.
- Performance and problem identification.
- Excellent reporting Cisco platform.
- To monitor different network with the package is not that easy.
- Multiple issues management.
- Setting advanced functionalities on Cisco NX-OS is a complex process.
- Effective network operations management tool.
- Data securing system.
- VLANS stretching.
- The training is not easy.
- Technical support should be more available.
- Implementation of the software at the first time.
- High performance
- [Cisco] NX-OS CLI is smarter than IOS
- Lots of features
- The price is quite high
- Sometimes upgrades can be tricky to proceed
- easy to configure
- easy to configure and deploy the VPC technology
- easy of administering the NX-os and overall easy configuration and support available
- For us it is avery wornderful journey using NX-os
- we haven't come across any issues to have any change in function
- we are happy with the prodct and it is fullfling our needs regularly
- In-service software upgrade
- Non-stop forwarding
- Virtual Port Channels
- We had some issues with FCoE initially that we got resolved later on.
- Easy to use
- Running as separate control plane
- Great performance on switches
- No DHCP server available on it
- No VTP server available on it
- Core hosting for UCS software.
- Unified Fabric enablement.
- Visibility and centralized management.
- Docker container support.
- Native web interface.
- Integration with DevOps tool.
- Cisco NX-OS is very simple to use and user friendly CLI
- NX-OS has a modular config so easy to configure.
- NX-OS comes up with copp policy where we can define most of our system level ontrols instead of defining separate ACLs
- Memory leak issue is one of the major issues that need to be solved.
- Burst traffic handling needs improvement.
- The buffer size is too small and module-level issues will be repetitive.
- Software compatibility
- Virtual PortChannel
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Port profiles
- Autolearn feature for network security configuration - it is not learning as expected and performance is poor.
- Etheranalyzer - WireShark is more user friendly.
- Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) - it's too complex to set up.
- High availability. VPC.
- Very high density data capable hardware.
- Advanced troubleshooting tools.
- Supports OTV.
- Few bugs on NX-OS
- Minor differences in syntax (when compared to other Cisco devices).
- Hard to keep the SW level bug-free.