Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

May 20, 2021
Christopher J Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an IT department, our vision is to provide [the] most simple and easy-to-use service to our colleagues while maintaining [the] security of colleagues and the company. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is one of the main parts of our security architecture. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo stands as a gate on the frontier to allow secure access on our systems. Most of our colleagues switched to working remotely [during] that lockdown period. As they require remote access, we need to provide [the] most reliable and secure remote access to them as the IT. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo's important role, is undeniable on that matter as we verify their identity and protect their credentials. While we protect our end-users with Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, we also gain increased endpoint security.
  • Secure remote access via protected credentials with two factor authentication
  • Endpoint visibility improvement
  • Easy user identity verification via Duo app for end users
  • Security policy implication on personal devices of the colleagues
  • I have not had any negative incidents with Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo
Absolutely I would recommend Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo to my colleagues. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo's implementation process, is painless and flows smoothly. Does not require too much effort on maintenance as it works like set it up and forget. Finally, its mobile app for end-users is easy to adapt, anyone ranging from beginner to pro IT user can use it without any problem.
Absolutely, Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo's usability is very well on both [the] admin side and [the] user side. Beginning from the purchase to deployment, Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo has been an unproblematic product. End users quickly grasped it thanks to Cisco's mobile app compatible with any mobile device. Also, they provide MFA dongles for users who [do] not want to carry a mobile phone in a clean lab environment.
The company has valuable intellectual property on the IT systems. Apart from that, the production process and automation of that machinery [are] connected to the IT infrastructure. Therefore, [the] end-user is our weakest point on the system. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo increases security on this matter by applying [for] selective user access by identity verification and increased secure access by multi-factor authentication.
Since the purchase decision, they helped kindly on all our problems and concerns.
Read Christopher J Evans's full review
Randy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo is being used across the whole organization which encompasses four different business divisions for a total of between 350-375 employees. We use Duo as a part of our two-factor authentication when logging into our network from off-campus locations. This last year with the pandemic, the number of employees that were added to remote network capabilities increased by around 70% which meant more people were getting set up and using Duo. I have not heard of any problems and it has helped us maintain secure access to the network, which is vital in the industries we compete in.
  • It is simple to setup
  • On-click verification
  • Can have multiple two-step authentication connections at one time.
  • I can't think of any area that I would improve it.
  • The user interface is great, easily readable, and friendly. How do you improve on that?
  • The color scheme is generic, but not necessarily boring.
Duo is great if you really desire to secure your access to a network or website account through two-factor authentication. I actually use it personally as well to help secure my access to some of my social media accounts. I know that if I am using it to get approval for access, I am confident that I have a secure connection.
This is a very easy application to use. The installation is simple, the user interface is user friendly. If you have been reading my review to this point, you should understand very well that I have said that this is a good product to use for multi-factor authentication. From an administrative point of view, deployment was easy as well.
Yes, my company has definitely benefited from using the Duo multi-factor authentication solution. I don't know if we are using all of the features that could be used but from what I am able to do, and the purposes for which I use it, I know that it is doing the job that needs to be done.
I have never had to use support for Duo, so should I give it a 10? Maybe if I had the need to use their support.
Read Randy Palmer's full review
Ryan Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Duo security primarily for its MFA capabilities. We did however purchase it because of its ability to handle SSO well. We use it across the entire organization. It helps us to keep our accounts secured and allows us a single unified interface to manage logins and lockouts.
  • The App is easy and intuitive.
  • It just "works". There is not a lot of need to troubleshoot failed connections since they rarely happen.
  • The Duo install team at Cisco was exceptional. The experience was very smooth because of them.
  • An extra step to configure when setting up with things like O365 products whereas the native client would have been easier.
  • At the time of implementation it did not integrate with the rest of the cisco security suite.
  • Documentation was light or lacking for any lesser known products.
  • Had to configure ManageEngine as a "generic app" when doing SSO. Really need to build out the prebuilt app's base quicker for us lazy IT people.
Duo is great as an MFA product. The SSO is getting better every day but needs a lot more off-the-shelf stuff added to really make the implementation easy. Quite a few applications that are rather large market share products, like Manage Engine, had to be configured as generic apps still. Great price for the features other than that SSO issue. Their professional services team that helped with the install were all rockstars and really made the implementation smooth. Highly recommend leveraging them for the first year you own the product minimum.
MFA is super easy to use for users and was a breeze to setup for administrators. Instructions online were intuitive and easy to follow. No issues. Very few questions from any user on the product and most people just took to it naturally with little training.
We were regularly having users get their o365 accounts compromised via phishing attempts that we had to reactively fix via Microsoft. With MFA that number has decreased substantially to the point that we rarely have to worry about that. It helps also to keep security at the front of everyone's mind when they are prompted to login each day. With the SSO piece, we also have way fewer people trying to write down passwords on sticky notes and storing them around their office anymore.
Can't recommend duo support or their professional services team that we used enough. They were highly skilled in DUO and very experienced in many different IT systems so that they could really give good guidance on the entire rollout process. Cisco is really knocking it out of the park with their professional services groups lately.
Read Ryan Lee's full review
Thomas Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security is used across the organization as a two-factor authentication method for access to confidential information. The business problem addressed by Duo is securing information. It works exactly as one might expect by only allowing certain devices the ability to authenticate user access requests. That can sometimes be a pain, but that's what it's supposed to do.
  • Duo Security protects against unwanted access.
  • Duo Security ensures devices are secure and that non-approved devices cannot act as a secondary form of identification.
  • Duo Security has an easy-to-use interface.
  • Duo Security requires me to contact my IT department when devices change, which can sometimes be a pain. I get that it's a security thing, but Duo could provide a workaround.
  • Duo Security sometimes has latency in when I receive the approval notifications.
  • Duo Security sometimes requires me to sign in twice.
Duo Security is appropriate for securing information that needs significant security. It tracks devices and allows for users to either click "Authorize" or enter a passcode. The dual options are useful. Duo Security is not useful for individuals or entities that don't need this type of high-level security. It can sometimes make accessing information overly burdensome.
The user interface of Duo Security is about as simple as it gets. One downloads the app and signs in. Once authenticated on the device, Duo Security offers individuals the option to enter a passcode or click on authenticate to allow access to the information that is protected by Duo Security. Overall, the software is quite easy to use.
From what I know, Duo Security does a great job at securing information from unwanted access. Potential hackers have tried to access information and have been prevented from doing so because of the dual security that Duo Security requires. If it wasn't for Duo Security, I think we would use another authentication software to get the job done.
I rarely contact Duo Security's support team. When I have had to make such a call, they've been professional and easy to deal with. The individuals on the support staff know what users are going through, but are careful to authenticate a user before making any changes to the Duo set-up. Overall, a well-run organization.
Read Thomas Young's full review
Jared Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security acts as the MFA piece of our security offering to our clients. As a third-party authentication platform and vendor, Duo is capable of catering to a far broader audience in terms of what is protected, and how. We leverage Duo internally and across all clients who have MFA needs.
  • Broad integration library. Many common platforms have direct integrations
  • Conversely, Duo has the ability to configure an internal authentication server, as well as more recently offering a a hosted option to capture those vendors and platforms that do not directly integrate.
  • Duo has fantastic and interactive support. Willing to help you engineer solutions simply as a part of your partnership with them.
  • Additional user syncing authority options would be great. Currently supporting OpenLDAP, Microsoft AD, and Azure AD. Being able to sync from GSuite or the like would be nice.
  • UNQUALIFIED -- I am unaware of any kind of platform that allows external communication built-in. They do have API which allows other platforms to more proactively report on data but so far as I've seen reporting is done in the dashboard and there aren't "alerts" that can be sent out to admins to my knowledge.
I would say the only situation in which Duo would not be most optimal would be in cases where the client has very simple needs that can be totally covered by Microsoft and Azure applications, etc. If you are able to live entirely inside of Microsoft's sphere then the native MFA options may make more sense from a configuration/less vendor spread perspective. But Duo integrates VERY well with Microsoft and assuming you need to cover some other website/vendor, Duo quickly becomes the better option from then on out.

Even then, if you are a managed service provider, Duo gives you a single platform to manage from and standardize on which eliminates configuration differences on your end.
The mentioned end-user experience could be somewhat enhanced. Some of our clients do not have formal means of training their own employees so very specific things like: "employees using personal cell phones", and replacement of those devices, quickly become business issues that creates challenges for our smaller clients who do not have formal guidelines along these things are more informal in the way their business runs.
All things that can be helped by us as resellers but some existing client-facing documentation would help and more administrative controls to help "force" people in the right direction.
Duo's platform allows identification above and beyond specific platforms and accounts. With the Duo application on phones, we are able to authenticate users in a multitude of ways including sending a verification to their phone while on a call with them.
Duo has the flexibility to allow disparate scenarios including platforms with different naming schemes (allows for manually added alias') and shared accounts in allowing multiple authenticated devices to be added to a single account and of course vice versa.
Fantastic. Hands down one of the most well-focused support engineers. And a company that desires to push you to towards healthy security practices with hands-on assistance for no additional cost.

Being acquired by Cisco is somewhat concerning, however, these unique "extra-mile" qualities sometimes have a tendency to disappear once fully integrated into the larger Cisco family which has a very particular way of interacting with vendors/partners.
Read Jared Miller's full review
Dave King | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Duo Security for our remote access workers. We implemented Duo to comply with our cybersecurity initiatives. We plan to utilize it for more of our Cloud based apps. Currently it is implemented on our VDI Environment.
  • Easy to deploy.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Replacing a mobile device.
It is well suited in any company that required 2FA for their cybersecurity initiatives or within any company that is looking to make their remote access more secure.
I did require a little help form the Support team for initial setup and system overview, but mostly it is straightforward. Policies do require a little understanding on how they work and when to use, but there is plenty of documentation and support staff available to assist with any requirements you may have. I have not come across any issue that was not resolved quickly.
The main benefit is keeping customers and staying on an approved vendor list. We have found that more and more of our clients are requiring more stringent cybersecurity policies to be allowed to work for them. MFA is one major requirement for access[ing] company and client data. Without it we will lose our customer base. We are finding it is a game changer when it comes to meeting the cybersecurity requirements of a client.
I mentioned it before but there has not been an issue that the Support has not been able to resolve. The hold times I have found are minimal and the support personal. At least the ones I have connected with have been extremely knowledgeable and can assist with any issue I brought to them.
Read Dave King's full review
David White | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cisco's Duo Security product is an excellent way to implement and manage two factor password authentication. Duo Security is easy to install and easy to use. By sending push notices that can simply be accepted, it's a much preferred method to two factor password authentication than using text messaging or other authentication applications.
  • Excellent process for two factor password authentication.
  • Easy to install.
  • More widely available.
  • Integration with other applications.
  • Offer a free version.
I find Duo Security to be the easiest form of two factor password authentication. Duo Security is easier to use than text messaging and other third part password authentication applications. Duo Security is easy to install and consistently works as expected. For these reasons, Duo Security is my preferred method of two factor password authentication.
Duo Security has a very easy to use end user interface that makes two factor password authentication simple and quick. Duo Security does a better job of two factor password authentication than any of its competitors' two factor password authentication application products. Duo Security's push functionality separates it from its competitors.
Duo Security allows easy and simple implementation of two factor password authentication for organizations of any size. Duo Security protects against data breaches by providing an easy and simple way to implement two factor password authentication. Duo Security's simple approach makes adoption and acceptance of two factor password authentication more likely.
Thankfully due to Duo Security [being] so easy to implement and install, it has not required any overall support. Given the overall quality of the Duo Security two factor password authentication application, I would expect that they would provide high quality support; however to date I have not needed to use their support so can not specifically comment on it.
Read David White's full review
Justin Giffin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security is used across our entire organization. It was implemented to use with Okta for a seamless single-sign on (SSO) in our organization. With this integration, we can navigate multiple applications within Okta without having to sign in to each. This prevents unauthorized access to the various SaaS products that our company uses.
  • Prevents unauthorized access to our SaaS environments.
  • Allows for logging in to various applications without having to re-login each time.
  • Keeps intruders at bay and requires our phones to have more secure access.
  • It should allow for use in multiple devices without selecting.
  • It should allow for entering a passcode if the timeout is within 15 minutes of the push like other products.
  • It should be more user friendly when moving from one device to another.
Duo is great for a security product, especially when critical data is possibly at risk, e.g. customer data, personal information.

Duo is not necessarily a home product, as it is too cumbersome for an everyday user in its current design. So many people rely on their phones for so many things and if they have a password issue, it will be difficult to login to your phone if your phone locked you out.
Duo at many instances with my working our IS/IT departments, is not always smart to recognize new phone numbers or new devices unless they manually push this update. This may not be an issue if you keep your phone number the same, but it could impact people who relocate.
So because our organization has over 20 different applications that we use across different SaaS platforms, the ability to skip the login every time with the combination of Okta and Duo, allows us to continue working throughout the day in the platforms without logging into every single application that we need to use.
I can't really rate the support for Duo Security, as I rely on my internal IT/IS departments ability to troubleshoot and fix the issues that we may have. I know [in] my previous roles, working with Cisco support in general has been fairly successful, but not necessarily with the Duo Technical Support teams.
Read Justin Giffin's full review
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security is used for two factor authentication for outside connectivity to internal resources across our entire organization, including any third party vendor access for support services.Users use the Duo app on their iPhones. Support vendors use a key fob we purchased specifically for them. Two factor authentication obviously is much safer for external access.
  • User functionality is simple. Our users love the ability to use their iPhones for the authentication.
  • User access is quick. We have had no reports of sluggishness or timeout issues when logging in and no downtime reported for the functionality in the year that we've used the service.
  • Bypass option in Duo is easy to administer when you have to make an exception for a user to bypass the two factor authentication (for example someone lost their iPhone but needs to work remotely until the new phone arrives).
  • Some of the applications that Duo works with offer users the ability to send them a 'push' - which means their iPhone app pops up automatically for them to simply check and approve or not approve button to allow remote access. Users love this. I wish all applications would allow Duo to do this so it was consistent for users. It's even easier then having to enter the PIN code from the app.
  • We have found that the license count on the admin interface is sometimes wrong, counting devices instead of users - but we pay for licenses based on users - so it's sometimes difficult to track properly.
  • It would be nice that users didn't use Duo for 90 days or some period, they would fall off the active license use count. We have all of our users setup in case they need to work remotely, so we find we pay for more access licenses than we actually use in any given period. We have about 30% of our users that have never used it, but we continue to pay for the licenses as a business model decision - but some companies do offer 'active' license count pricing only.
We use it with our Cisco VPN, Citrix, and OWA. For vendors, such as a remote outsourced HelpDesk, we sent a key fob. It's worked great for everyone with everything we've setup so far. Their support has been helpful with the setup as well.
Read Debbie Johnson's full review
April 14, 2021
Sean Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cisco Duo is being used to provide Multi-Factor Authentication for users who have administrative accounts to access our VPN. It will soon be deployed to general VPN users as well and eventually be required when logging into terminal servers. This allowed us to take one step further in our PCI compliance which required MFA for Privliged accounts. It takes its job a bit further by allowing us to geofence our users to ensure they are accessing their resources from know locations for instance within the united states. To sum it up it provides a layer of protection against external threats gaining access to our network by abusing our services that is a leap above our previous capabilities.
  • Integrates with our other cisco products perfectly.
  • Allows Cisco support to provide setup and troubleshooting instead of having to bring multiple vendors into a situation where support is quick to point fingers.
  • Provides user information and reporting which allows us to gain knowledge about our users we can use in troubleshooting.
  • Authenticates with almost perfect certainty that the user who is requesting access to our systems is a valid user
  • Uses geofencing to stop the majority of hacking attempts from countries we have no business with.
  • Elevates the authenticity of our security measures to the executive team
  • Cisco Duo allows for the use of a landline for users who do not have a cell phone which provides coverage for any potential user even ones without cellular devices
  • Other MFA products have a password manager function for an added fee that would be nice to have, though I believe Cisco Duo partnered with Last Pass to provide for now
  • Navigating Cisco Duos Support processes can be difficult, if you open a ticket in the wrong group you may end up having to reopen the ticket in the correct group.
Wherever the price of confirming authentication is a priority, we are not just protecting our network, we are protecting our users connection, we are protecting our employees data, we are protecting our company's stability, we are protecting our customers data, this all sums up to it has to be done right. If you had something less important you are configuring you may not be willing to go the extra length.
Cisco Duo is known for the ability to do what you want and being configurable to whatever you need if you have the talent. If you are new to Cisco Duo and have no support I would not recommend it. If you buy support from Cisco Duo then you can have them configure it properly and have access to their support if anything happens or you need to make a change to how you do things. If you are a Cisco certified network administrator you are in for an easy configuration with your support team. If you just got your network plus and have never worked with cisco before you need the support package or look into getting some external support from an MSP.
We see many blocked attempts to access our systems every day. There is always the fear that someone will sign up for a service to attempt to download a coupon or sign up for a video game with the same username and password they use at work which if those external low priority systems are ever broken into by a hacker would leave one of our usernames/passwords out on the dark web for a few pennies. Cisco Duo MFA provides us with the needed ability to prove that the users who attempt to log in are our users preventing lockouts from malicious actors trying to brute force their way in or flooding our systems with requests blocking the way for valid users. This lets us sleep at night without fearing the text notification at 3am.
Support has been great they assisted us in setting up everything from start to finish, we do have an excellent CCNA certified network administrator but even with that internal support we made sure to get the opinions of the subject matter experts at Cisco Duo to configure things the right way.
Read Sean Muller's full review
June 22, 2021
Somya Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo for two-factor authentication in our environment. We have integrated our network devices & servers for adding an additional layer of security over it with the help of Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo. Also, we are using it for single sign-on options for our different applications. We are using it across all the departments as it is good to have extra security.
  • Synchronization
  • Easy to integrate
  • Also using it for mobile device management solution
  • Easy to configure
  • Latency issue sometimes
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is well suited for everyone as it is basically an additional layer of security. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo provides a bundle of features such as single sign-on, easy integration, prevent unauthorized access. It is also easy to configure with any device & provides real-time synchronization.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is easy to configure and manage for end-user as well as system admins. Also, we are using it for most of the applications & also with third-party tools.
We have implemented it for our remote users also as due to the pandemic most of our workforce working from home so it is really important to add a security layer that Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo has provided us. It prevents bad actors from accessing the infrastructure. Also, we have integrated it with Active Directory so that then can use a single sign-on option.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo has excellent 24/7 tech support with minimum SLA. They provide real-time support with easy documentation. Also, they guide you to prevent such issues in the future itself so that there will be no downtime in infrastructure.
Read Somya Gupta's full review
June 17, 2021
Alec Poitzsch | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is used across the entire organization to enable access and login to virtual private networks as well as secure access to workstations and other secure software programs. This program is the standard method of enabling access whereby a push notification will be sent to the Duo app, which can then be manually validated to log into the actual program. It solves the business program of software security, enabling a method of protecting user access to workstations and to high-security software programs.
  • The program is simple and can be easily installed on a smartphone
  • The program allows for a secure way of logging into a program through push notifications
  • The program enables the user to add or remove different secure, two-factor authentication connections
  • The program has limited features and configurability
  • The program is not always compatible with other methods of two-factor authentication
  • Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, only enables authentication through the app, not providing other methods such as voice/audio/SMS verification
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is well suited if there is a connection to a particular software program or service that requires secure, two-factor authentication. In this case, the user would install the app on their phone and would link it to the service, and each login will require verification through Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, to ensure that it is the user themselves securely logging into the program. This helps protect secure access to the program.
The program is incredibly simple and easy to use, which is one of the highlights of the program. On a smartphone, one must simply download the app from the app store, and then once it is installed on the phone, there is a simple and straightforward process to link Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, to the account through a QR code. It is as simple as this process could be.
The company has benefited from using Cisco's MFA to prevent data breaches by ensuring that all logins to user workstations are secure and are only enabled after being verified through two-factor authentication. This has helped protect overall IT security across the network. The company has also benefited from using this software to protect access to cloud-based applications which are high security, further ensuring that users must be verified before being able to access secure technology.
I have not currently been in a situation in which I have had to use the support services provided for Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, therefore I do not have substantive feedback regarding the overall support available for the program. Therefore, I ranked this as 5 (in the middle)--I have not heard of the customer support either being bad or good for this product.
Read Alec Poitzsch's full review
June 13, 2021
Carli Espino | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have installed Duo Security in our company and now we feel mentally relaxed as it knows how to protect information and it has also protected our accounts from any malicious activity or from being hacked. Its integration with our business is also very easily done and its working is not complex at all.

• Duo is very clear to utilize from installation to daily working.
  • It is so good and provides thorough protection against all kinds of threats.
  • It has integrated with our company so well.
  • Its customer service is not working the way we anticipated and is lazy and unprofessional.
  • Its price is a bit too high for us to afford.
Our experience of Duo / Cisco Secure Access is going so well so far as we are no longer afraid of any kind of threats that would harm our accounts. The features and its UI are clear and easy- to understand. Its end-to-end verification is the feature that we like the most. As far as its customer service is concerned then it is no that good and above all its price is not so suitable for us.
The features it has and the level of protection it provides are just amazing. We have been using it for around a year and a half and we have found it as a perfect tool that has good integration, best security, and above all, it is easy to use all these things combining made it a perfect security tool.
Before using Duo / Cisco Secure Access we didn’t find that appealing as we found that hard to use and had fewer features as compared to Duo security and the comfort Duo has provided us is unmatchable and above all its speed is good and it has adjusted well with our demands.
To be honest we have found its customer service as its weakest part as they didn’t help us and according to our observation, they had very minimal knowledge regarding the product and were not so much interested in solving our query.
Read Carli Espino's full review
May 18, 2021
Sandeep Reyyi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Duo across our organization. Multi-factor authentication is a necessity to keep our data and information secure from any possible hacks or breaches. Cisco's Duo security does it perfectly with an easy-to-connect app. It keeps our credentials safe and secure. This application has reduced the stress of being hacked. Now we are totally in safe hands with this application. It's easy, intuitive, and supported even on smartwatches for one-tap login. Its a must-have application for every organization to avoid any potential hacks or security breaches.
  • Support for smart watches.
  • Allows us to set a logo of our organization which makes it easy to identify.
  • Push notifications are supported for one tap login.
  • Auto destroyed passcodes.
  • Great customer support.
  • Push notifications arrive late sometimes like 10-20 secs which can be annoying when we are in hurry.
  • Configuring the app is a bit hassle.
  • Can't setup on more than 2 mobiles at once.
Its smartwatch support is a big advantage considering we don't have to carry our mobiles everywhere. Push notifications are great and arrive almost instantly most of the time. But in some cases, it takes 10-20 secs, which makes it annoying when we are in a rush. It is integrated with all Office 365 apps which are great for the organization that uses them. It's disappointing that it won't work with Skype for Business.
Configuring for the first time is a bit hassle. But, once everything is set up, it's easy to use and it is frequently updated adding new features and making the configuration process less hassle. On smartwatches though, it's easy to configure and use as well. It's a great product in terms of usability as the application is minimal and user-friendly.
Ever since we implemented this application there have been absolutely no data breaches or cyber-attacks. Before using this application our organization has faced a data breach that crashed all our network drives. This application made it absolutely sure that we dont face such cyber attacks again. And it is living up to its statement so far. Hope it works great going further.
Cisco's customers are great as always. They support through chats, emails, and calls. Although we didn't have to reach out to them more often as this application is great, but for any feature-related doubts or configuration-related queries, they explain it very patiently and with the utmost respect, and politely. I absolutely adore their Customer Support team.
Read Sandeep Reyyi's full review
May 08, 2021
Arturo López Páramo | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is a tool used by everyone in the company and helps us protect ourselves with double authentication by having it integrated with our email server.
  • Two factor authentication
  • Protecting devices, apps and users
  • Directory sync
  • Have better management of already known devices and networks.
  • Access to internet-free authentication through the token.
  • Increased policy settings and control of users using Duo.
It is suitable for using Duo, whenever mail needs to be accessed, allows greater security without any intruder wanting to enter the tray.

Another factor is also PC or laptop login authentication, but that's not possible if you don't have an internet connection.
Because it is very interactive and easy to use although it becomes tedious when it must be done every 24 hours.
Benefited from no company user being exposed to theft or phishing, and that no one has access without an authentication factor from which it is only managed on any user device.
The problems that have arisen have been very easy to solve and Duo's support is effective and optimal in its solutions.
Read Arturo López Páramo's full review
Carl Pieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire company uses Duo to manage our 2-factor authentication login. We are a large tech company so it's important that we ensure everyone logging into our services is who they say they are. It appears on our phone at the time of login if you are logging in off of the company wifi or if you try to sign in to the VPN.
  • Easy to use quick notification.
  • Simple interface
  • Loads very quickly
  • The signup flow was a bit confusing. There could be more guided language.
It is great for any company that needs to easily verify its employees when they are logging into their accounts. It's very simple and could be used at companies of any size which is great.
The sign up flow was slightly confusing and could use more guiding language. But once the app is set up, it's super easy to use. You either hit the giant green button to accept the request or the red button to deny. Honestly, it could not be any easier to use.
I am not aware of any major breaches since we started using this software. I definitely recommend this to anyone that is worried about breaches of their tech.
I have only had to contact support once but they were great. They helped me get up and running when I was out of the country and I was able to keep using the software in no time. Highly recommend to anyone looking to use a two factor software, its great!
Read Carl Pieri's full review
YagneshKumar Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is used by my department only to securely access our clients' end servers to retrieve and view data and primarily provide support for our BI software. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is the number one secure two-factor authentication access our clients require to use when purchasing our BI software because they want to make sure that their data is secure and only the user(s) given access to the servers are the ones allowed. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is not widely used across all of our department and other departments are focused on the front end of the application.
  • Secure two-factor authentication that quickly sends a Duo push message to a mobile device to accept the session entry
  • Support for both iOS and Android devices, and easy setup
  • Apple watch support as well; I can accept the Duo authentication right from my watch
  • 90-day access to Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, then it requires you to reset the Duo setup, which can be frustrating at times.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is suited well in areas such as gaining secure level access to clients' end servers. More importantly, in any other areas where you will need to access data or end servers, Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is a quick two-factor authenticator that can get you into the server without having to enter any passwords.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is hands down the best two-factor authentication software out there. I feel like Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, has so much to offer and works on smartwatches. The ability to accept the session from the watch is a time-saver--I do not have to hunt for my phone to see where it's at to accept the session. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, has a great UI, is easy to navigate and accept or decline sessions. It also provides end-to-end simple config by admins to add users or reset.
My organization has benefited from using Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, to keep clients' data access to their servers, this gives our clients a great sense of relief that their data will not be breached. I don't think anyone can beat Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, when it comes to secure two-factor authentication access. Our organization requires that Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, be used in order to keep data safe.
Although I have not used Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo's customer support, I think their customer support would be great.
Read YagneshKumar Patel's full review
Stella Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cisco Duo Security to provide secure login service to our colleagues. Integrating with Cisco's other single sign-on product, Duo serves as a multi factor authentication service to us. It has been in service for more than 2 years so before pandemic we were using it. But it was limited to some of our colleagues who rarely work remotely. However, since the beginning of the pandemic most of our colleagues (actually all of the staff except warehouse and production staff) switched to remote working. Duo gained more importance during this period. As they access to valuable corporate data from home with their credentials, Duo has been providing us a second layer of protection against threats targeting our staff's credentials.
  • Extra layer of security for login credentials.
  • More protection for corporate's data.
  • Simple and quick implementation for both system administrators and end users.
  • Mobile app and physical token availability.
I would definitely recommend Duo to my colleagues as it is simple to implement. Its integration ability is so wide that you can use it with almost any system configuration on your network. In our case, it has been useful for remote working staff. But it is not limited to remote working setup, it has more features such as single sign-on service to make end user's life easier.
Duo is perfect on this matter as it is easy to implement. Well documented setup guide helped us on anything during the deployment process, while its wide integration ability made it easier to deploy it on the current system.

I have not heard any complaints from our colleagues until now. End user experience is simple and well with its mobile app support. Also, they consider end users who do not want to use the mobile app.
Intellectual property stored on our company storage is most valuable thing for us. Therefore, research department's access to these data needs to be secured from every angle. Apart from that, during the pandemic other departments such as finance who access the company's monetary accounts and human resources who access personal data of the staff require more security. Duo has been providing us an extra layer of security for these access needs.
Neither pre-sales nor during the deployment I did not need to contact with support, as their well documented installation guide served adequately. Duo has been working very well without any flaw since its deployment.
Read Stella Neal's full review
Nikola Marks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, since 2016, even before it was purchased by Cisco. We were using it as a two-factor authentication tool for our company's single-sign-on system. After it was acquired by Cisco, they added new integration options, such as Cisco's remote access solutions and a DNS-layer security tool.
  • Wide integration options for better protection
  • Increased remote working options
  • Secure access for all employees
  • Works very well; we only have had some problems at the beginning while defining all users to the system
Single-sign-on and two-factor authentication requirements are being solved with a single solution. Even after occasional security awareness trainings, our employees were being caught in phishing attacks. After switching to Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, this problem slightly decreased.
On the end-user side, Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is perfectly easy to use. Most of the users have a mobile phone that they install the app on to receive a push notification for two-factor authentication. Also, some senior employees use our system less frequently. In this case we provide them with a dongle, which is also useful. On the administrator side, it makes our job easier, so I like it and recommend it.
Decreased number of phishing attacks targeting our employees thanks to the two-factor authentication of Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo.
As it is a mature company, which also was acquired by another mature company, their guides and support teams are very helpful. Their experience helps us to fix any problem quickly.
Read Nikola Marks's full review
Stacey Medina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security is being used as a secondary authentication for windows logins. As two-factor authentication, it is being utilized across the whole organization. We use Duo because it is required by the government for our company to use a 2FA to log into any PC that logs into our domain and has access to our internal network.
  • Duo does the phone app very well it is easy and requires no special permissions
  • Provides multiple routes of verification using the 2FA
  • Offers excellent support via KB or phone
  • Duo has a great cloud interface and easy to use via mobile or PC
  • Make it easier to implement updates
  • Need to be able to add licenses on the fly
  • Bonus credits for how long you have been a customer
Duo Security is well suited for any business medium to large that requires a solution for 2FA. They offer plenty of options and a web-based dashboard and can be managed via a mobile browser or PC browser. Duo is not suited for a smaller business with only a handful of employees. It would be another layer of protection but not cost effective to use.
I have had to call support for questions about implementation and issues with client install on PC's and they have always been able to resolve my issue in a short amount of time. They are very knowledgeable and friendly they get to the root of the issues very quickly and also leave you with extra knowledge so if you encounter that issue again you can resolve it.
Read Stacey Medina's full review
Olivia Crellin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security is used by my law firm as a second security block in order to VPN remotely into my firm's network. Duo is used anytime I am working on my firm issued laptop without being connected to (i) my firm's on-site internet or (ii) the firm's internal network. At present, I use Duo 2-3x a day as I work during my train commute.
  • Push notifications
  • User inter-face
  • Synching multiple platforms
  • Educating users on Duo use while working on airplanes or other restricted wifi networks.
  • Shortening push notification timing between computer login and push on mobile device.
  • Offline Duo capabilities or alternative Duo security options when mobile device is offline or dead.
Duo is well suited for company VPN purposes as a second security login to protect sensitive networks. I've seen it work well in the past for logging on to private university networks and systems. Duo has a ways to go to provide a software that works well without relying entirely on mobile devices which, we all know, can often be dead or offline which limits the functionality of Duo.
Admittedly, most of my Duo support comes from my internal IT parties at my law firm. Though I hate to blame Duo unfairly, my IT's lack of knowledge of Duo usage and work around when offline suggests that Duo could be providing better training to the organizations which use its software.
Read Olivia Crellin's full review
Shannon McNamara | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization uses Duo, in partnership with Okta for security log-ins. I love Duo because of how quick and easy it is, and it's a great way to make sure that all of our apps are duel certified when logging on to protect any PHI we are working with or using.
  • Quick use and access.
  • Offers a variety of features to use based on what you prefer.
  • Easy to understand and start using right away.
  • Once in a blue moon, the notification doesn't go through.
Duo Security is great to use if you are a company, like us, that deals with private health information. Duo is a very secure way to make sure that all information we use and work with is protected under security like Duo that requires you to log on with two devices.
I have never had to use or connect support with Duo and that is because I have never had a problem with the app. It is so easy to use and functional every time that there is no need to reach out to support, but I know that I can if I ever had to.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
February 06, 2021
Robert Ladd | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo is being used across our org for remote users as well as for proof of access to our more secure applications. Duo is very easy to use for our end users and is very secure. We have not had any major issues other than a few server reboots.
  • Easy approval process.
  • Setting up new users is simple.
  • Managing user rights is easy.
  • Adding more user rights is not complicated.
  • Making the Duo mobile app easier to use
  • Editing a users profile
  • More help with the sign on feature
Duo is very easy to use for our end users and is very secure. Being able to save login info for webpages is really helpful when you have a ton of different user names and passwords to keep up with. We have not had any major issues other than a few server reboots. Sometimes the one-click sign-in doesn't work as expected.
The users love how easy it is to use after it is set up and configured. We have not had any major issues other than a few server reboots.
Since we are a health care provider we handle a ton of PHI and with Duo, we can be certain it is protected.
Most times support is great but sometimes the support is lacking, therefore I am giving a 7.
Read Robert Ladd's full review
Wajeeh Rehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Security is the most important factor in any organization. As we have to give access to employees while they are working from home or from any other source outside organization. Duo is best and easy to use app. No need to train new users, it's so simple to use. Just you have to use the passcode to access your company's data while connecting from home.
  • Secure.
  • No training required for new users.
  • Easy mobile app for both android and IOS.
  • Can improve face recognition.
  • Load time.
  • App design.
Duo Secure Access is very well suited if you have an offshore team or if you have any external team working on projects. So you can easily set them up with Duo Security. If you have a small office with few trusted people only you don't need to put that security layer. I would recommend it for organization size of 100+.
This is very simple to use and set up. Our IT Team just over the call set this up for our Mobile application. And now during this Covid-19 every employee could easily use Duo Security while working from home. And there was no hassle. I would recommend this for all having teams working outside office.
We are working in a US-based healthcare organization from an offshore office. All health records needs to be used with security and with HIPAA compliance. Office systems are protected by company's own antivirus but when you have to log in from any other device or mobile, Duo provides that security.
Frankly speaking we don't need much support for this application. Everything is straightforward and easy to operate. But their support team is good and very cooperative. We never found any issue contacting with them or having any app related problems. So I would recommend 10-10 for support of Duo.
Read Wajeeh Rehman's full review
May 20, 2021
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is one of the top choices when it comes to multi-factor authentication (MFA, 2FA). This cloud-based security platform is very easy to implement and start using shortly after being set up. We use this program to help keep our employee's computers, networks, and devices secure now that we are utilizing remote work opportunities more and more due to a pandemic. It is a fantastic program that has helped us out in so many different ways.
  • The setup process is simplified to the point you can be up and running within a matter of hours.
  • The multi-factor authentication is second-to-none secure.
  • Easy to support and troubleshoot in the off chance that something goes wrong.
  • Logging into websites and accounts and needing to confirm each one individually can become a tad cumbersome. But this only needs to be done once, so not a huge issue.
  • Allows a user to only be logged in on one device at a time. I would love to see multiple login sessions supported.
  • Security notifications can be a bit dicey and delayed depending on the network.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is great for many different applications, teams, departments, and companies. When it comes to cloud-based multi-factor authentication and security, this program has you covered and then keeps you covered so you never have to worry about who could be stealing your information, who might be trying to hack into your servers through one of your employee's email accounts, or countless other scenarios. Peace of mind is one of the greatest things that we have been given while using this program.
The overall usability of this product has to be a high score for my review due to how easy it is to implement and how simplified the setup process lets our team get everything in place and start protecting users across the U.S. Not only was the initial setup simple, but ongoing support is something that most anyone can figure out. You don't need to have a specialist in place to solve complicated issues because the program does all of the thinking and hard stuff for you.
With the pandemic in full swing, this product has allowed our company to switch to a mostly remote, work from wherever, type model. Cloud-based security has let us go about our business without having to worry about whether or not one of our employee's devices has been hacked or broken into, thus violating our privacy and allowing information to get into the wrong hands.
For the small number of times that I have had to reach out to customer support or customer service, I have to say that I was always treated with kindness, dignity, and empathy. There is nothing that I dislike more than needing to contact support for a product or service and being treated like I am causing them some great travesty just by inconveniencing them. Unfortunately, I have had this feeling at more than a handful of companies, but Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo has never allowed that to happen, which I credit them greatly for.

What is Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo?

Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is presented as a solution to protect applications by using a second source of validation, like a phone or token, to verify user identity before granting access. Duo is engineered to provide a simple, streamlined login experience for every user and application, and as a cloud-based solution, it integrates with existing technology.

Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo Competitors