Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 02, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Read Randy Zuehlke's full review
Overall, the implementation was smooth with little issues. Testing some of the advanced features and ensuring they did not impact our user population was the greatest challenge.
Cisco Umbrella Scorecard Summary
What is Cisco Umbrella?
Cisco Umbrella, a key component of Cisco's secure access service edge (SASE) architecture, integrates multiple security services in a single, centrally managed, cloud-native solution to secure access to the internet and control cloud app usage. By unifying secure web gateway, firewall, DNS-layer security, threat intelligence, and cloud access security broker (CASB) solutions, Cisco Umbrella helps reduce the resources required for deployment, configuration, and integration. And, by delivering this functionality from the cloud, you can scale to meet the needs of a remote and roaming workforce, shifting network perimeter, and multi-cloud environment — all while simplifying security. Umbrella can be easily integrated with an SD-WAN implementation to provide a combination of performance, security, and flexibility to delight both end users and a security team.
Cisco Umbrella Videos (2)
Cisco Umbrella Downloadables
- Cisco Umbrella Datasheet
- Enterprise security and networking are facing a significant transformation as organization embrace SASE, a Secure Access Service Edge. Wide-scale adoption of cloud applications, an increase in remote workers, and expansion of branch offices has rendered the centralized, on-premises security model impractical. The convenience, cost savings, and performance benefits of going direct to the internet is driving a new decentralized approach to networking. Yet with change comes risk and a new set of security challenges. Organizations require a broader set of protection that not only improves security, but simplifies management. Learn more about Cisco Umbrella, a key component of Cisco's SASE architecture.
Cisco Umbrella Integrations
Cisco Secure Malware Analytics (formerly Threat Grid), ThreatConnect, ZeroFOX, FireEye, Check Point, Splunk, ThreatQ, Umbrella Enforcement API for Custom Integrations
Cisco Umbrella Competitors
Cisco Umbrella Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Cisco Umbrella Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cisco Umbrella Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Chromebooks|
|Supported Countries:||190 Countries|
Frequently Asked Questions
Cisco now offers OpenDNS Umbrella Web Filtering. Cisco acquired OpenDNS in August 2015, and rebranded the product as Cisco Umbrella.
Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.4.
The most common users of Cisco Umbrella are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.