Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco Umbrella, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: DNS-layer security
- Supported: Secure web gateway (full proxy)
- Supported: Cloud access security broker (CASB) functionality
- Supported: Cloud-delivered firewall
- Supported: Interactive threat intelligence
- Supported: Integrates with SD-WAN
- Cisco Umbrella Datasheet
- Enterprise security and networking are facing a significant transformation as organization embrace SASE, a Secure Access Service Edge. Wide-scale adoption of cloud applications, an increase in remote workers, and expansion of branch offices has rendered the centralized, on-premises security model impractical. The convenience, cost savings, and performance benefits of going direct to the internet is driving a new decentralized approach to networking. Yet with change comes risk and a new set of security challenges. Organizations require a broader set of protection that not only improves security, but simplifies management. Learn more about Cisco Umbrella, a key component of Cisco's SASE architecture.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Chromebooks|
|Supported Countries||190 Countries|
- Setup is quick and the connection is immediate. Great connection, automatic and simple to use and a great connection!
- Overall, I like this method better than Amazon workspace. Logging in is much faster and takes much less time, which saves me time!
- On the positive side, the product does help block known bad sites, resulting in less time that technicians spend cleaning infections.
- On the negative side, the problem that causes Windows to incorrectly report no Internet access has taken a lot of time for many technicians.
- Reporting features for individual clients help us more efficiently provide browsing reports when needed.
- Blocked waterholes
- Blocked malware
- Reduced ransomware.
- Reduced malware issues.
- User behavior.
- Helps keep Cyber insurance.
- Had to find other solutions for Chromebooks being taken come.
- Helps keep away malware.
- It has helped to decrease infection in our network.
- It has optimized IT support for mobile users.
- Secures our organizational network.
- Provides great protection on our organizational units.
- I know many are looking for ROI numbers - I think this product (and other security products) you have to look at the potential risk. Even with the "best" users bad stuff is going to happen.
- Another risk factor, one that I took seriously, was the potential for company liability by bad users accessing objectionable sites and good users being exposed to that - with potential liability issues. By utilizing the filtering capabilities this helps lessen this risk.
- Users felt more confident and productive
- Support had less security incidents
- No ROI, only provides that extra layer of security.
- Increased organization security
- Prevents security breaches
- Excellent ROI
- Increased Productivity
- More visibility on users.
- Detailed reports
- Increased security (no price can be set for this but it has extremely high value)
- Positive support from the board & investors
- Peace of mind
- Cisco Umbrella has reduced security man-hours by not having to set up distinct blocks in the firewall or AD DNS servers to try to manage exclusions
- It has directly reduced malware exposure by stopping access to malware sites before they start
- The average helpdesk ticket for a DNS exemption takes 5-8 minutes given how easy it is to research and allow a site in umbrella.
- Would be nice if Investigate API was free
- During Covid Umbrella was our saving grace
- Cisco Umbrella helps secure our network
- Cisco Umbrella looks good
- Cisco Umbrella is redundant in some cases
- Increased productivity.
- Increase security.
- Better visibility for our Security teams.
- Some employee complaints about Security "spying" on them. But it is a corporate device and we have to protect our customer data.
- Excellent security features
- Ease to manage
- User friendly for all
- Cisco Umbrella's flexible global cloud architecture ensures network resiliency and dependability that has enabled us to keep our connections and data fully safe while also helping us to maintain high performance.
- We have saved tons of hours and money, as well as getting effective security with a 100% uptime guarantee with this single solution.
- Insight into applications used by remote workers, reduce shadow IT vulnerabilities.
- Less downtime due to malware.
- Less risk of being scammed.
- Negative, troubleshooting blocks can be a time drain on IT resources.
- Cisco Umbrella has been an excellent investment for us. The extra protection it provides in a very simple way has been well worth the costs.
- Cisco Umbrella is very easy to setup and manage and can do most of the things we need with little daily interaction so we are free to work on other systems that need more attention.
- Utilizing the Cisco Umbrella reporting features, we can determine what systems might need additional attention. If we see systems attempting certain types of access, we quickly know there is likely something on the device that probably needs removed.
- Specific Cisco Umbrella reports can help us determine if we need to do user education and develop cyber habits.
- Extended Security - Fear of phishing or malicious domains/URLs or getting compromised with ransomware attacks are reduced due to IP level protection in place.
- Reduce load on Perimeter devices - As clear traffic [reaches] perimeter devices, utilization of perimeter devices has been reduced.
- Helped with security.
- Prevents basic, bad website categories without overloading helpdesk with proxy issues.
- Good mix of security and end-user experience.
- Positive ROI when the service keeps users from going to malicious websites.
- We had it deployed while users were internal and external with the AnyConnect Umbrella module so our protection was both on and off the corporate network.
- Great product. Has paid for itself two time over.