Reviews (1-3 of 3)
April 02, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Read Randy Zuehlke's full review
The product was easy to install and get running. To maintain the product is also a simple matter of maintaining lists of wanted and unwanted domains or URLs. The basic and advanced security features all do what they are intended to do with no known erroneous outcomes.
November 10, 2020
Score 6 out of 10
Read Patrick Smith's full review
We had no complaints about this product and solution from a usability point of view. Our only issue was the overall cost of configuring and maintaining the system.
November 10, 2020
Read this authenticated review
For some aspects the configuration is easy and straightforward but in some features you have to dig a bit before understand how to configure them.
Cisco Umbrella Scorecard Summary
What is Cisco Umbrella?
Cisco Umbrella, a key component of Cisco's secure access service edge (SASE) architecture, integrates multiple security services in a single, centrally managed, cloud-native solution to secure access to the internet and control cloud app usage. By unifying secure web gateway, firewall, DNS-layer security, threat intelligence, and cloud access security broker (CASB) solutions, Cisco Umbrella helps reduce the resources required for deployment, configuration, and integration. And, by delivering this functionality from the cloud, you can scale to meet the needs of a remote and roaming workforce, shifting network perimeter, and multi-cloud environment — all while simplifying security. Umbrella can be easily integrated with an SD-WAN implementation to provide a combination of performance, security, and flexibility to delight both end users and a security team.
Cisco Umbrella Videos (2)
Cisco Umbrella Downloadables
- Cisco Umbrella Datasheet
- Enterprise security and networking are facing a significant transformation as organization embrace SASE, a Secure Access Service Edge. Wide-scale adoption of cloud applications, an increase in remote workers, and expansion of branch offices has rendered the centralized, on-premises security model impractical. The convenience, cost savings, and performance benefits of going direct to the internet is driving a new decentralized approach to networking. Yet with change comes risk and a new set of security challenges. Organizations require a broader set of protection that not only improves security, but simplifies management. Learn more about Cisco Umbrella, a key component of Cisco's SASE architecture.
Cisco Umbrella Integrations
Cisco Umbrella Competitors
Cisco Umbrella Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Cisco Umbrella Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cisco Umbrella Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Chromebooks|
|Supported Countries:||190 Countries|
Frequently Asked Questions
Cisco now offers OpenDNS Umbrella Web Filtering. Cisco acquired OpenDNS in August 2015, and rebranded the product as Cisco Umbrella.
Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.1.
The most common users of Cisco Umbrella are Mid-size Companies from the Information Technology & Services industry.