Reviews (1-1 of 1)
SD-WAN was being used across the whole company when I worked at my previous company. It was utilized mostly for connecting the branches. It allows for zero-touch provisioning, which is very desirable. A specific issue it addressed was that it reduced manpower expenses since troubleshooting really was made easier and less convoluted. With a single click, you could configure different protocols including but not limited to OSPF BGP's ACL and a couple of others.
- SD-WAN is very powerful and user-friendly.
- It is especially useful if your organization has a large number of sites.
- The zero-touch deployment saved so much time and freed up a lot of technical resources which can really quickly add up.
- The instant tech support was unparalleled and really helped with the installation questions that many of our employees had.
- I read on another review that Cisco’s refuses to participate in an SD-WAN test, which makes me question the product.
- Worried about an increase in hardware upgrade costs.
- When you offer too many features and only limited power that makes for products that could appear good but in the long run they are lacking in the real-world applications.
Read Katie vonErden's full review
I noticed that this solution is very simple to manage through the vManage portal. The main dashboard affords customers valuable insights into what is happening at any of the company's sites.
Cisco SD-WAN, powered by Viptela Scorecard Summary
About Cisco SD-WAN, powered by Viptela
Viptela in San Jose provided software-defined WAN, and was acquired by Cisco in 2017. Cisco now offers and supports Viptela.
Categories: Software-Defined WAN
Cisco SD-WAN, powered by Viptela Technical Details