Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Cisco promises to deliver key wireless innovations through custom-built access points that go beyond the Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) wireless standard to provide radio-frequency excellence for high-density environments.
Cisco now offers a two-question, two-minute interactive tool to identify the Cisco products and services that help solve up to five network challenges.
- Product cost is much more so some time your ROI cannot be fulfill.
- Customization limitation can stop your productivity.
- Your uptime will be more.
- Device can be manage easily by 1st level team.
- They help us understand the visitor flows and patterns
- Single pane of glass for managing
- It supports the latest APs so it is easy to upgrade the network.
- It's with the small form factor and low budgeted device with most functionalities.
- Extended network environment
- Keeps production running
- Increased communication on our factory floor
- Safety tracking over wifi
- Network availability
- Good TCO
- Maintenance cost
- 1 time investment on WLC can add many APs, based on requirement.
- [The] dispatching of goods is faster by 60%.
- [It has a] fast expansion.
- Hanging loopholes against other wireless controllers solved out to the greater extent.
- Centralized Management setups: there is no need to optimize [the] settings of each application.
- [A] huge variety of settings options [are] available in this LAN controller, it [manages] lots of micro errors.
- Reduced cabling costs
- Improved mobility for users
- Better support for new wireless devices
- Reduced downtime for users
- We have had our [Cisco Wireless LAN Controller] 5508s for a very long time now and although they are getting dated, they have earned us our money's worth with consistency, stability, and ease of use. Users have minimal wireless complaints and when they do seldom are they WLC-related.
- Even though it is a very expensive solution, the ROI is very good for when the solution is implemented
- Allows access control using 802.1X
- The security that you provide is very good in the network
- Improvement in the coverage of the wifi network in the areas.
- Improved mobility and productivity.
- Improved signal quality.
- Reduced the complexity of deploying and managing a wireless network.
- Enabled advanced services like voice, location and guest Networking.
- Ensured the cost of operating wired and wireless network is manageable.
- Has been a huge time saver when updates need to be pushed
- Given us better overall control of the Wifi network
- Peace of mind that your network will rarely go down
- Frustration levels have gone way down after going to the wireless lan controller
- You could argue money has been saved as we can keep a single lineup of AP's and corresponding wireless lan controller
- Costs will have to go up when you start adding one of these into the mix
- Hardware equipment costs are high.
- There are not many options for equipment models.
- They still do not have low-end equipment for few users
- Reduced time to provide access to guests by incorporating captive portal.
- Increased wifi coverage throughout the premises.
- Enhanced connectivity during roaming.
- This product is very good as ROI, its full fill organization needs as per expectations.
- Before this product we use multiple brands for wireless connectivity and faced lot of issues, but after Cisco we (Team IT) and users (Production stations) are connected smoothly.
- No miscommunication, no huddles. Smooth business operations affect business positively.
- Saved IT admins time managing access points
- Saving helpdesk time diagnosing Wi-Fi issues for users
- Cost of APs has gone up to stay compatible with wireless LAN controllers
- Time saved diagnosing controller issues
- Helped our users due to fewer issues on the WiFi network
- Happy users make our bosses happy!
- Yearly costs did go up, however
- We got absolutely great ROI as with a small investment we have provided connectivity everywhere
- A lot of happy customers
- Saved a lot of IT resources thanks to the automation
- Better use of the mobile Internet network
- Security first with authentication portal
- Control of access to the wireless network through 802.1X authentication
- Access and permissions management
- Infrastructure durability--we have been using it for more than four years without having had any type of incident
- It has definitely made it easier to connect and control all devices on our network.
- Create new networks quickly and securly
- Prioritize important data traffic
- Better security for our wireless networks