Cision Communications Cloud Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

November 18, 2020
Lynn Meadows | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our agency has used Cision for many years. A year ago, we switched from the classic Cision to the Cision Communications Cloud. We mainly use this tool for building media lists. It helps us to better identify appropriate media contacts by location, subject area, type of publication, job role, etc. Theoretically, using Cision Communications Cloud provides the most current information on media contacts. We're told that Cision makes more than 20,000 updates a day. However, I have found that quite a few contacts are still outdated. We've provided frequent updates to Cision as we learn of incorrect information. I am the primary person using Cision in doing public relations work for my client — development and distribution of press releases, guest columns, media advisories, etc. My work sometimes includes the assistance of an intern. There is one additional person at our agency who uses Cision to build media lists for other clients. About a year ago, our agency switched to sending press releases out through the Cision platform for my client, rather than separately through Microsoft Word mail merge. Sending email press releases out through Cision provides an "opt out" function and also helps us to keep track of open rates.
  • When I send contact updates to Cision Communications Cloud customer support, they always reply, usually in a timely fashion.
  • I like the filters to the Cision Communications Cloud media lists which allow us to drill down by subject, job role, location, DMA, etc.
  • Our account manager (Mike Sullivan) has been friendly. He's been able to keep our subscription at the same price in recent years.
  • In the media influencer database, the classic Cision allowed us to do a zip code radius search to really drill down to the neighborhood level. That's because we do localized media advisories and press releases for events at neighborhood schools. One part of a big city like Chicago really doesn't care what's happening in another part of Chicago that's too far away. The zip code radius search was a feature in the classic Cision but not with the current Cision Communications Cloud. We've asked for this to be restored several times, but nothing's happened. In fact, we were told to use DMA — which actually goes wider in a search (bigger than a city), not more narrow as needed. This reflects a basic misunderstanding of what we need.
  • Another missing feature involves a merge field when sending out an email press release through Cision. This is the "select insert field" button in the upper right that's used to personalize a release with the media contact's name and other information. This is key for localization of the release. Many media outlets won't run a release unless it's local. While "county" is a feature in the influencer database when putting together a media list in Cision, "county" is not available to insert into a press release as a merge field. Counties are important because this is how many newspapers and health departments are organized and identify themselves. I've asked for this to be implemented, to no avail. As a workaround, we've had to use "contact city" or "outlet city."
  • After refining a media list in Cision using filters, I've had to download the list and take it offline to see the big picture, screen for duplicates, etc. While there is a button on the bottom left intended to help with this, it doesn't do the trick. That's because there may be multiple contacts with the same email address. In addition, one media contact may represent numerous media outlets, so this same contact could show up several times. It would be nice to have a better way to see the whole list online and eliminate both duplicates as well as those who previously opted out.
Cision Communications Cloud is good to help build media lists and keeping track of updates in media contacts — much better than if you were trying to do it without such a tool. It's good for sending out press releases via email, without having to pay additional money for PR Newswire. In addition, it's good if you have one main person at your company using Cision, as at least our subscription only allows one user at a time. It's less helpful if you have multiple users who need it simultaneously, as this would cost more. It's also less helpful for tracking outcomes because we don't have media monitoring, which would have cost an additional $10,000 or so. One of our clients did subscribe to media monitoring through Cision's NextGen, but it seems like the two platforms are not integrated very well. With this media monitoring, "clips" of print newspaper articles are provided via LexisNexis as text-only, and not as printed in the paper with a photo.
Read Lynn Meadows's full review
January 13, 2021
Erin Halvey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We just used Cision Communications Cloud in order to send out an important press release via PR Newswire regarding a software update that we pushed out. This is helping us to increase awareness and spread the details of the software update to our customers as well as the media.
  • Cision has the largest distribution network in terms of press releases
  • Cision Communications Cloud provides a detailed and almost immediate visibility report on the results of the release
  • I experienced some customer service struggles--mostly in that I had to wait on hold for 15+ minutes before I could ask a simple question along the way.
  • My release needed to be sent in a faster manner than traditional, so I had to follow up after each step wasn't completed quite as fast as it was detailed that it would. I did receive help, I just had to initiate the next step each time.
My experience is specifically with sending a press release via PR Newswire through Cision Communications Cloud. This is a great fit for the times in which you want to send a press release for a big update or change. However, due to the price, I wouldn't use it for small releases, but it does have a really wide reach so it is great for large releases. Plus, the process is not overly time consuming once you have the release written.
Read Erin Halvey's full review
December 02, 2020
Ed Romaine | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cision Communications Cloud allows my organization to communicate with not only the correct editors in my field but the peripheral editors, bloggers, and media companies that I would have never known about, nor communicated with. The system provides great visibility and one place to go for all media associated with the release. It's very attractive and provides a great pdf for documenting and proofing.
  • Reaches editors and writers on the peripheral.
  • Great SEO
  • Easy to use and train on.
  • Provides great PDF proof of the release (which can be used for your files and even sent out if needed).
  • More granular selecting of publications.
  • More business publications.
  • More visibility into who is reacting to your content.
Cision Communications Cloud is very suited for creating maximum visibility to your press releases. You can select the sector, editors, writers, bloggers, and media channels that your release is best suited for. It certainly delivers the releases to these people because you can see the results. Also, there is a great "connection" between Cision and Google to get articles and stories ranked and visible.
Read Ed Romaine's full review
December 23, 2020
Currently, Cision Communications Cloud is only used in our Public Relations department which consists of two employees. We primarily use it to look up contact information for media outlets and other writers. We've also used the TrendKite feature to monitor media coverage for both of our clients, which has proven to be very helpful in our monthly reporting.
  • Great at providing a full list of contacts for each outlet we're trying to reach.
  • TrendKite provides great insights for coverage, especially in terms of reach and SEO.
  • Robust system that provides what many others cannot.
  • Would like more features to flag contacts as inactive.
  • Would like to be able to modify contacts already listed, for those that may have switched jobs and Cision hasn't updated their files yet.
  • Oftentimes, the interface can feel "clunky," constantly having to click through things to find the information I'm looking for.
Cision is a robust tool that provides our team with all the information we need to best serve our clients. The only things holding me back from giving it a perfect score are that at times, the interface can feel a little clunky, meaning we have to click through a number of pages to find the information we are looking for.
December 15, 2020
Cision Communications Cloud is used at our organization to reach media outlets in our markets and influencers relevant to our specific audiences and to build brand awareness. It is used exclusively in the marketing department but supporting all departments of the organization. The business problem we are addressing with the Communications Cloud is brand awareness and assistance in reaching individuals who could benefit from online career training and take advantage of grant funding that covers the cost.
  • Customer Support and consistent outreach from account reps.
  • Resources and toolkits for best utilizing their products.
  • Providing accurate data and contact info.
  • Ease of use of influencer and outlet search tools.
  • Difficult to format email campaign templates.
  • Duplicates of contacts, outlets in lists.
  • Reporting breakdowns of campaigns, or emails of performance could be beneficial.
Cision Communication Cloud is well suited for finding influencers and news outlets in specific areas or industries, where you might not otherwise have connections. The search engine might not be well suited for very niche industries.
December 15, 2020
Cision is used to monitor news coverage and build analytical reports. PR is looking into possibly using this for press releases. It is mainly used by the public relations team within the marketing department.
  • Media lists.
  • Fairly easy to use.
  • Searching for bios.
  • Variety of media outlets, news, blogs, etc.
  • Viewership data.
  • Search is not as accurate as we would like.
  • Database doesn't seem to be well maintained. Not always updated or accurate.
  • Receive too many emails. Seems that even if you unsubscribe, you still get alerts.
  • Can find news on Google that Cision does not carry or seemed to miss.
  • Very high priced for what you get.
  • Cision can be very slow at times, causing timeouts on our computers.
I would maybe recommend this to someone who has a smaller company that they want to measure. It's not really well suited for our R&D clients. It's high priced for following print, broadcast and social.
November 29, 2020
We use Cision Communications Cloud to monitor the media for the college. It allows us to keep tabs on our brand and the great things our faculty and students are doing.
  • Measures the impact of articles
  • Gives a thorough review of all articles about the college
  • Provides us with numbers to measure our impact
  • Dashboards could be a bit easier to set up.
Cision Communications Cloud is above and beyond better than our previous solution and I would be more inclined to recommend this to colleagues than before.
November 20, 2020
We use Cision Communications Cloud for our corporate communication to delivery press releases to other media outlets. It is primarily used by marketing, but all functions can have a say on what we send over the wire. I think it is a good way for other outlets to pick up our wins and share with their audiences.
  • Easy to use platform
  • Helpful operations team at Cision
  • Great way to communicate to media outlets
  • More explanation on who is picking up the release
  • Updating platform regularly
  • More explanation on headlines of those who pick up the release
Cision Communications Cloud is a great platform to use when trying to get your message out to many media platforms all at once. Eliminates the hassle of trying to reach out one by one. Use this platform when you want to share your release. I'm not sure of a case when you wouldn't use it, because if you didn't have public relations, then you wouldn't invest in the program.
October 01, 2020
We use Cision to monitor news coverage, distribute press releases, and build analytical reports. It is used by the public relations team within the marketing department, but we monitor all Health System related news.

As a huge Health System, this allows us to pull in all our coverage into one place and keep track of day-to-day media hits.
  • Distribution--able to send things to many media contacts at once
  • Building lists--able to easily add and remove contacts from lists
  • Tracking past activities--easy to reference past activities using the calendar view
  • Monitoring--pull in a lot of irrelevant coverage due to the name of the company easily being confused with similarly named institutions
  • Analytics--could have more features, very basic
  • Back end--a lot of work and tweaks need to be done on the back end in order to fix issues, can be a lot of manual work
Cision Communications Cloud is great for distribution. You can easily schedule and send press releases and other materials to many contacts at once and track open and click rates shortly after. It is very user friendly and easy to learn.

Cision is not great for analytics. It offers very basic numbers and info. Numbers seem to be a ballpark range and not completely accurate. It also feels like the numbers change based on who is checking it. My colleague and I will often check the same thing at the same time and sometimes we get different results. Would also be great to be able to create slide decks directly on the platform.
September 30, 2020
The marketing team uses press release distribution.
  • People who call to verify are friendly.
  • People who call to verify do so in a timely fashion.
  • Account rep changes all the time.
  • User interface is from the 90s.
  • Renewal date is 3 months out - a lot can change in 3 months in a small co.
  • Prices are too high for the value. Other companies charge WAY less.
  • I paid for a graphic and didn't know I could use it for all releases. Again - bad UI.
If you are a big company and need to satisfy filing needs/EDGAR, maybe this is a good fit? Not a fit for SMBs/start-ups.
September 29, 2020
It is being used in the marketing department as a means to distribute press releases. We have sent over 15 in the past year and have been pleased with the functionality of the program and reach. Great product.
  • Easy reporting
  • Good reach
  • Great customer service
  • Reasonable price
  • More characters on included Twitter post
Cision is a perfect and cost-effective tool for distributing press releases. I have not found a service that is comparable (with unlimited words).
September 28, 2020
We used Cision Communications Cloud to distribute press releases via PR Newswire. We also use it as our primary media monitoring service. We are a full service agency, and the platform is primarily used by our Comm's and Content team. It easily allows us to track our clients' mentions in the news (print and broadcast) and create monthly and quarterly reports.
  • Easy to use.
  • Captures the majority of coverage.
  • Compiles reports in a way that's easy for our client to understand.
  • Captures metrics that are quantifiable.
  • Customer service is fantastic!
  • Influencers database is very helpful.
  • Disconnect between Cision and PR Newswire account reps.
  • Inaccurate coverage captured (ie news from other companies that's irrelevant).
  • Not capturing some articles our clients are mentioned in (particularly on major news sites/broadcasts).
Cision is fantastic for capturing client coverage and saves me hundreds of hours from manually capturing coverage myself. It's also 100% more accurate than something like free Google alerts alone. Bottom line: our clients like to know when they're in the news, and this platform enables me to not only accurately capture that coverage, but quantify it as well.
September 09, 2020
The cloud is used just by the marketing department, and most specifically within the PR team. It helps us manage media lists.
  • Media lists.
  • Customer support/account service team.
  • Outlet metrics (uvms, circulation etc).
  • Search tool functionality.
  • Lack of details for contacts.
  • Slow updates to contacts.
It is well suited for those who manage media lists, distribution, email marketing, mass communication. It would not be appropriate for anyone outside of a marketing team at my company.
I give it a 5 because while the website is very easy to navigate, I have so many issues with the search function. I can type something in that is one letter off, and no results will come up. You must type something in to perfection to get results - I think the results should cast a wider net so it's easier to find what you're looking for.
September 05, 2020
Erin Witt, APR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cision to distribute news releases, PR pitches, and inquiries to media for several of our key clients. It is primarily used by me, as I lead our PR efforts as well as content management. Since many of the clients I represent are in narrow verticals, the solution allows me to research what influencers have written about specific topics and better target my pitch to them. It also helps me quickly perform follow-ups on my pitches, rather than spending hours cutting and pasting a pitch into email and reformatting and personalizing for each recipient. The amount of time the product has saved me has been amazing. It is the most useful tool in my PR arsenal.

We also use the platform to scan the news for coverage for our clients, and to perform competitive analysis for new clients, or during the discovery process for existing clients. It allows us to provide a summary view of what others are saying about our client and its competitors, and to also share helpful content analysis facts, such as number of mentions, number of publications reached during a time period, key terms used, etc. It is a valued research tool.
  • Influencer research: I am able to quickly find the right reporter or editor for my pitch because Cision lets me know what they write about, their communications preferences, past articles, etc.
  • Distribution: I appreciate a template to help streamline my pitch and press release distribution that allows me to send my news to a targeted list of contacts without having to send individual emails. I can send out communications with just a few steps, in just a few minutes.
  • News search: I use Cision to scan for news and monitor for mentions of my clients. I also use this feature to keep tabs on topics and key terms of interest to me and my clients to stay ahead of emerging trends and stay on top of emerging discussions in my clients' industries.
  • I would like to see more COVID-19 search terms. This is here to stay. Many of my clients want information specific to this topic.
  • Let us monitor for reporters specifically writing about COVID-19. Make this a topic in the influencer search.
  • I wish I had more functionality when searching "all news" instead of just "my coverage." There are times I have a search fully set up and get no results back only to realize I am in "my coverage" instead of "all news" and have to start all over again— only to find that I can't do half of what I could have if I was only searching my coverage.
I think Cision is very helpful if you have a number of clients you are performing PR/media relations/content management for. It could also be very useful if you are working with a client or for a company that is often in the news—it can help you keep on top of the news funnel, and not miss coverage.

I think it is probably less necessary for clients who are only in the news infrequently, or for whom PR is not an active strategy. If you are looking for passive and infrequent monitoring or engagement with media, a less robust solution is probably sufficient.
Read Erin Witt, APR's full review
June 11, 2020
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cision Communications Cloud (formerly Vocus PR Suite) is used by my department, which is a public relations team of myself and my boss. We also occasionally allow contractors/PR agencies we work with to use it temporarily for specific projects. We use the software for two primary purposes. First, we use Cision to research news media outlets and contacts and organize them in to media lists. Second, we use Cision's distribution feature to send a company news release or announcement to the members of a particular media list.
  • Cision Communications Cloud has an extensive media outlet database so it allows public relations and communications professionals to find the right media outlets and contacts for any media market in the United States and for just about any specialty or trade news media.
  • Cision Communications Cloud is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and find what you need, plus offers a lot of options for how to organize your contacts and media lists.
  • The customer support team at Cision is always very helpful and gets back to you quickly when you need assistance. Cision also offers online/teleconference training classes plus a great help section within the portal that contains articles and "how to" videos.
  • Cision could do a better job of keeping all media contacts in its database up to date. It is difficult because in today's media landscape, turnover is high BUT having the right names and contact information is critical for the public relations and communications professionals who use the software.
  • Cision could start offering lower cost package options for smaller companies or agencies. Right now, the cost of subscriptions is at a level that smaller organizations likely can't afford it but don't necessary need all the features that larger, enterprise companies will utilize and are willing and able to pay for.
Cision Communications Cloud (formerly the Vocus PR Suite) is well suited for public relations and communications professionals looking to research media outlets and contacts to target with news releases or company announcements, then be able to quickly send them out via a distribution throughCision (versus having to spend a lot more time sending individual emails to each person.) It's not as well-suited if a PR or communications professional always needs to share their news and announcements with a small, specific group of media contacts - in which case, it would be much more cost effective to maintain their own media list via an internal document and then send announcements out individually by email.
  • Online training
Read Cindy Arco's full review
August 23, 2020
Michael Puglia | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cision is used at our agency to quickly and accurately compile lists of target media outlets and contacts for media relations. Using the online platform, we're able to sift through publications across the country to find reporters that will have an interest in our clients.
  • Maintain media lists
  • Perform ad-hoc reporter research
  • Customer service
  • User interface
  • Customizability
Cision is perfect for any PR agency—small or large—looking to broaden their reach while reducing upfront target media research. The tool itself doesn't require much learning, allowing even interns the ability to research, develop, and share media lists with senior members of the team. For companies managing multiple lists, the online database is a no-brainer.
Read Michael Puglia's full review
March 29, 2020
Amy Cantrill | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it to monitor our own, and our clients', PR impact. Having previously used a number of different platforms to generate valuable insights and showcase the results of our work, this is plugging the gap by bringing all of those analytics under one easy-to-use platform.
  • The dashboard - really straight forward to use, easy to explain to new starters how to use it and also switch around for clients depending on what campaigns / time frame you're monitoring
  • The shareability - it's great to give clients an interactive report for them to go into themselves and click through to individual pieces of coverage
  • The chat bot - always a quick, helpful response which is especially handy for us as we're in the UK and it's a US platform so when starting out our contact wasn't always available
  • The share of voice tool - very accurate and good to be able to add a number of different charts to monitor different sectors / offerings
  • Integration with Google Analytics - this isn't always showing the most accurate results and it's not explained as well as the other widgets.
  • Print coverage - it would be useful to have a manual way of adding in print coverage so we can evaluate all coverage on one dashboard.
  • UK regional breakdown - there is a good breakdown for hotspots in US but not for UK regions.
Great for growing PR agencies or companies looking to measure themselves against competitors. Good for campaign measurement / specific messaging or KPIs. Useful for agencies with clients who are very hands-on with the report and want to view analytics for themselves. It looks slick so a good way to impress clients with good, global PR tools.
Great chatbox function but the UK support could be better
Read Amy Cantrill's full review
July 22, 2020
Aidan M. Ryan, APR | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our firm's Brand Management and Client Relations departments use Cision to monitor coverage of the firm, gain competitive intelligence, and quickly reach media contacts and influencers. We have also used Cision on behalf of firm clients to monitor crisis situations.
  • Data visualization - very helpful in presenting data to non-experts
  • Media contact database - fairly extensive and up-to-date, with some notable exceptions
  • Ability to organize work in "campaigns" - good for self-monitoring and reporting on ROI
  • Impact - this is wildly inaccurate
  • Actual views - again, wildly inaccurate
  • Reporting - should be more options besides real-time alerts and hand-curated newsletters. Automated weekly reports would be an obvious addition.
Cision Communications Cloud is well-suited to the marketing or PR professional who needs to track real-time and historic data on media mentions of a company, product, or person, and to report on these to stakeholders within an organization. It is also very helpful for PR professionals (internal or external) tasked with pitching media and tracking their own ROI.
Read Aidan M. Ryan, APR's full review
March 27, 2020
T. Andrew Huddleston | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the communications infrastructure, we use Cision Communications Cloud (TrendKite)* to keep track of the impact of our media outreach efforts and track trends with respect to how the UAW is mentioned in the news. We use it to create regional and topic level reports on media sentiment and impact.
*[This review was written before Cision acquired TrendKite. TrendKite is now part of Cision Communications Cloud.]
  • The UI/UX is really great. Dashboards are easy to read and, compared to other products, Cision Communications Cloud is easy for first time users and non-experts to understand intuitively.
  • The automatic, interactive reporting feature is a highlight that allows us to get some really great insights on different topics and for different sectors that provide great insight for executives.
  • The customer service experience and interactive chat feature is great. If you've got any questions, the team at Cision is always very responsive.
  • The features of the product are generally easy to use, robust and user friendly. The one thing that many competitors offer is more of a full-service package with distribution and media databases or social media integration. I hope that this is added in in the future.
If you're looking for a software that tracks the impact of your press work in a way that's both detailed and easy to understand in the C-Suite, this is a great product. It's not really appropriate beyond that.
Support is an area where Cision really stands out. Its staff is responsive, well-trained; understands the products and its use cases; can provide help on things from setting up dashboards to strategies for getting more out of the product. They are always quick to respond to requests and are very professional.
This product is easy to use for beginners, generates easy to understand insights for laypeople, but is powerful enough to dig deeply into PR trends.
Read T. Andrew Huddleston's full review
July 07, 2020
Andrew Still-Baxter | TrustRadius Reviewer
The communications team at Clover is currently using Cision as a media database. If we're looking to do a beat-specific announcement, we will compile all the relevant reporters to conduct our outreach. Similarly, if we are mentioned in an article, or there is an industry reporter that we don't have a relationship with, we use Cision to find their contact information. While just used in one department, it is an essential aspect of the work the communications team is doing.
  • Always has up-to-date reporter information
  • Location-specific searches for media relations in local markets
  • Lists previous coverage and current interests of reports to more accurately target outreach
  • Sometimes it is missing contact information for key journalists.
  • Reporter beats could be more granular.
Cision Communications Cloud's media database is essential for media relations work. Reporters frequently change jobs and don't always share their contact emails, so getting in touch with them can be incredibly difficult at times. Having one place with an up-to-date list of all the reporters that I need to interact with empowers me to do my job more effectively.
Read Andrew Still-Baxter's full review
June 14, 2020
Emily Hartman | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's used only by the Marketing department right now. I'm the only company employee who spends time on PR (split with Customer Comms) and have one freelancer who we give access to use the platform. Our Digital Marketing Manager also uses the platform to help supplement monitoring HARO and for advertising information. Cision helps with competitor intelligence and understanding our PR reach.
  • Media database of reporters is always helpful and what I consistently come back to Cision for.
  • Monitoring: I find it harder now at a B2B organization to measure impact with Cision, but Cision's ability to monitor sheer volume and general impact has always been helpful.
  • Share of voice.
  • UX when it comes to switching between systems. I understand that it's a process that is long and can be difficult to accomplish but feels like as such a powerhouse Cision must have a faster process for this. e.g., Trendkite. Overall, as a user, I get the sense that Cision just buys companies and everything I touch as a user requires me to enter a new system/previous company's interface. It's also complicated to remember where things live, or how you get to similar aspects in other platforms (e.g., Distribution and Message Center).
  • HARO: I'm interested in certain search terms within HARO and am surprised there isn't a way to create an email alert based on my search term.
Cision is great for large companies and organizations that receive a lot of news (particularly mainstream news). As a mid-size B2B company, I'm less convinced now that Cision is the right tool when we're trying to gather measurement and impact among smaller trade publications. Cision considers those pubs to be small without much impact, but those are big hits for us. My measurement reports (e.g., SEO, audience reach, etc.) never look great because I'm not focused on the New York Times but on publications like Health+Safety Magazine or AutoSuccess. Not that I expect a weighted system or have an answer for this, I'm just not sure how much measurement helps us.
Read Emily Hartman's full review
March 28, 2020
Ellie Malone | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to track media placements and mentions for a variety of clients that we serve as a PR agency. We use it across the entire agency but our clients do not use it. It helps us keep track of all the media placements in one place as well as do our monthly reporting on things such as share of voice, SEO impact, etc. to help show the value of our work to our clients.
  • Media monitoring: good at catching broadcast clips and online clips compared to other tools I've used.
  • Share of voice against competitors is also easy to use and good to show the value of brand within the industry.
  • Some of the searches can be really complex to understand and can pick up a lot of unwanted media hits.
  • Setting up dashboards and learning to use them can be hard and have a bit of a learning curve.
I think Trendkite [when it was standalone] as a media monitoring system and reporting tool is the best there is out there, but I think you need more than just Trendkite to complete the job. I would recommend this over competitors like Meltwater, but I think you need this combined with Cision to really have all the right tools for a job in PR.
Support is always online and the chat feature is really easy to use. There have been very few times where they have not been able to solve my problem for me. It's timely and convenient which is what I need when going about reporting, etc. during my day to day duties.
Read Ellie Malone's full review
March 24, 2020
Roland Alonzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
The agency uses Cision Communications Cloud (TrendKite)* across the entire PR department. We use it to measure and quantify the results that we generate for clients, and to create visually pleasing, easy-to-digest dashboards that we can incorporate into our reporting structure.
  • Accurate reporting and measurement of editorial results
  • Easy-to-digest, visually impressive graphs that can be incorporated into reports
  • Easily sharable interactive reports that can measure share of voice among other valuable metrics
  • Bulk removal of irrelevant search results
I have already recommended Cision to many of my peers who have been using other measurement and reporting solutions. It is perfect for the agency environment, where you have to track results and measure them for a number of clients in many different industries.
Cision support has always been a great feature for the product. From onboarding to ongoing issues that pop up, Cision has an outstanding support team. There's plenty of ways to reach them and they are well versed in the product, so you can't stump them with an issue because they've seen it all.
It's a relatively inexpensive (compared to Cision pre-TrendKite, Meltwater and other measurement platforms) and easy to use solution.

*This review was written before Cision acquired TrendKite. TrendKite is now part of Cision Communications Cloud.
Read Roland Alonzi's full review
March 24, 2020
Nick Bowman | TrustRadius Reviewer
One of the measures of corp comms performance - Cision Communications Cloud (TrendKite)* helps us to get a view of our competitive/peer relative performance. We use it also to track how we do in target pubs and key message association.
  • Quick, visual reports
  • More or less instant coverage reporting
  • Picks up ads quite often
  • Misses print coverage
Use Cision Communications Cloud to supplement agency reporting for a more trustworthy picture of how your company is doing across the media landscape.
Generally good but requests aren't always followed through on (though recently this has drastically improved)
Read Nick Bowman's full review
March 11, 2020
Kimberly Phan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cision is being used by our PR and Digital department within our cleantech, mobility and real estate practice. We leverage Cision to help us find media contacts, however, a lot of the information is outdated.
  • Research of size of journalists
  • Media monitoring solution
  • Good enterprise marketing management
  • Media outlets and journalist information is outdated.
  • Not enough data for reporting.
  • User interface could be cleaner and easier to navigate.
Working in PR, Cision works well when it comes to sourcing media lists and looking up information for media briefs. On the reporting side, it allows us to track and monitor all media hits.
Cision's response time is lagging and could be improved.
Read Kimberly Phan's full review

What is Cision Communications Cloud?

MEDIA MONITORING

Understand a company and brand’s reputation with a complete collection of global online news, blogs, social, print and broadcast channels.​​

RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT

Cision Connect is a media and social influencer database offered to improve users' outreach, help build better relationships, and secure more coverage.​

AUDIENCES & ATTRIBUTION

Understand earned audiences, connect PR to the bottom line, and retarget earned media audiences with subsequent marketing efforts.​

ANALYSIS & REPORTING

Visualize media coverage and build the story around data – tying it back to business results – with analytics.​

Cision Communications Cloud Competitors