Cision Communications Cloud Reviews

Do you work for this company?

We use it specifically within the PR team as a way to identify the best editors to pitch for our clients.
  • Their database is vast and extensive.
  • They have a variety of news outlets and blogs.
  • They don't keep the database updated as often as they could.
  • Their customer service is pretty terrible.
Overall, as far as database services go, Cision is so well-known in the industry that of course, I recommend to fellow PR-folks that it's worth taking a look depending on their budget. We are able to use Cision for an affordable annual fee to find contacts across as many clients as we need. I have talked to a few other database options that seem to be better solutions but come with a hefty price.
We use Cision as a media research database for a wide variety of clients in an array of industries, both domestic and international. As an integrated marketing firm, we have teams across many disciplines, but Cision is typically used by those in our PR department only. It's an integral daily tool to develop media lists for PR campaigns.
  • Creating media lists.
  • Researching media targets that may exist for new business opportunities or existing clients.
  • Reporting results.
  • While the content generated through media research is high quality, the interface to get there is often clunky and slow.
  • The reporting features are good but not great. The software still misses a lot, and it takes time to comb through to determine what needs to be added manually.
The real core value in Cision's offering is its robust media database. While some of the other fringe offerings are ok (reporting, reporter inquiries, distribution), they alone would not justify paying for the service because there are other companies out there that do a better and cheaper job with those offerings. The bottom line is that we would not be able to do what we do as effectively without the media database.
Dan Lobring profile photo
Cision is being used on behalf of our clients, as well as internally for our own agency PR efforts. Cision helps us pull distribution lists for outlets and reporters nationwide, and is especially helpful in markets where we don't historically activate. It also allows us to research journalists and outlets at scale and in a time efficient manner.
  • Cision is a great database of outlets, journalists and media contacts
  • Cision is a great tool to sort and create lists based on outlet type, reporter title and most importantly geography
  • Cision's user interface is intuitive and easy to use, whether you're pulling a list of thousands or researching one particular outlet or journalist
  • Cision doesn't always have niche outlets in its database
  • Cision doesn't always have accurate circulation, web or advertising cost #'s built into it's database
  • Cision doesn't have robust international capabilities as part of its core offerings
Cision is well suited for PR staffs, either at a brand or agency level, especially those that are actively executing outreach programs at a national, state or local level. Cision doesn't necessarily replace manual list development or building PR relationships, but it gives PR personnel a significant head start on where and with whom to begin targeted outreach.
Read Dan Lobring's full review
Matt Kennicott profile photo
Cision PR Software is an invaluable tool to my PR firm. While only used by about five members of our entire organization, it addresses the needs we have as a public relations business. It is especially helpful as a tool for pitching reporters, finding contacts at specific news organizations, and updating staff and clients on daily news by topic.
  • The ability to pull lists of reporters - both national and international - is extremely helpful.
  • Getting industry news by client delivered to my inbox daily is a tool I highly recommend.
  • The lookup functions available when trying to find contact information is a tool I use on a regular basis.
  • The interface, at times, can be difficult to use.
  • Some of the functionality is a little buried in the interface.
  • Tracking press releases is not an intuitive feature. Some training is need on this feature to fully understand how it's used.
Cision PR Software is perfect for the PR practitioner. It has all of the tools one needs to get a job done for a client and to do it well. I especially like the media monitoring function for getting client news delivered directly to my inbox on a daily basis. It's also a great tool with incredible search functionality for finding reporters and influencers by publication, location, specialty, and other ways.

I don't really use Cision much for sending press releases or pitches. The system can be a bit bulky at times and I have other ways of tracking my emails internally.
Read Matt Kennicott's full review
Chris McCarthy profile photo
We were longtime customers of Vocus. When they were acquired by Cision we stayed with them. I lead with great content, then the best distribution channel for the specific audience I am looking to serve. Post acquisition Vocus’s media database became extremely expansive. We serve a hyper fragmented market, so we stayed laser focused despite how much greater their media database had become. But it is great to have the option, for those times when we seek broader coverage.
  • Easy to use! Simplicity wins adoption every time.
  • Access to media advisories we could not reach elsewhere.
  • Tracking metrics and reporting intelligence is extremely important in every campaign. Timely and accurate!
  • Expensive! We suggest lowering the price, and layering value-added features from there. We just don’t need full capabilities every time.
It is great for highly targeted, unique audience PR/comm. It is also great for strategic communications to a broader audience, when your company is seeking such a strategy. Overall, it’s a bit pricey and has us considering other options.
Read Chris McCarthy's full review
Cindy Arco profile photo
The Vocus PR Suite is used by my department, which is a public relations team of myself and my boss. We also occasionally allow contractors/PR agencies we work with to use it temporarily for specific projects. We use the software for two primary purposes. First, we use Vocus to research news media outlets and contacts and organize them in to media lists. Second, we use Vocus's distribution feature to send a company news release or announcement to the members of a particular media list.
  • The Vocus PR Suite has an extensive media outlet database so it allows public relations and communications professionals to find the right media outlets and contacts for any media market in the United States and for just about any specialty or trade news media.
  • The Vocus PR Suite is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and find what you need, plus offers a lot of options for how to organize your contacts and media lists.
  • The customer support team at Vocus is always very helpful and gets back to you quickly when you need assistance. Vocus also offers online/teleconference training classes plus a great help section within the portal that contains articles and "how to" videos.
  • Vocus could do a better job of keeping all media contacts in its database up to date. It is difficult because in today's media landscape, turnover is high BUT having the right names and contact information is critical for the public relations and communications professionals who use the software.
  • Vocus could start offering lower cost package options for smaller companies or agencies. Right now, the cost of subscriptions is at a level that smaller organizations likely can't afford it but don't necessary need all the features that larger, enterprise companies will utilize and are willing and able to pay for.
The Vocus PR Suite is well suited for public relations and communications professionals looking to research media outlets and contacts to target with news releases or company announcements, then be able to quickly send them out via a distribution through Vocus (versus having to spend a lot more time sending individual emails to each person.) It's not as well-suited if a PR or communications professional always needs to share their news and announcements with a small, specific group of media contacts - in which case, it would be much more cost effective to maintain their own media list via an internal document and then send announcements out individually by email.
Read Cindy Arco's full review
I have used Cision for a number of years through three different jobs in the public relations field. The product is great for building media lists, sourcing media contact information, searching for relevant media based on coverage area, social media, or previously reported topics. It is also great for searching for outlets or contacts based on location, topic area, etc.
  • Sources reporters contact information
  • Sources relevant information for publications (i.e. circulation, contact information, masthead, etc.)
  • Filter reporters based on previous coverage areas, location, etc.
  • Search funtionality
  • Media list building
  • Updated contact information
  • More freelancers or contributors in database
  • More specific search criteria
Cision is great for public relations professionals who know the specific reporters they are looking to reach or are doing a basic/general search to find reporters relevant to a specific subject. I don't personally use the monitoring services, I think other products have better monitoring functions.
Anna Swenson profile photo
My agencies use Cision daily for information on media professionals. About 80% of our company is pitching media daily, so this tool is essential for getting information about publications, members of the press, locations, etc. It's most useful when we're investigating a new publication or contact, and often has information you can't find anywhere else, especially emails and phone numbers. I know their teams verify contact information, but it's not always up to date. There are also a lot of people in Cision who aren't traditional journalists too, so you do still have to have some expertise to do successful media relations outreach with this tool.
  • Media contact sourcing
  • Inside details on reporters
  • Media movement and new beats
  • Researching media in new geographies or industries
  • The contact information isn't always accurate or up to date.
  • There are many contacts in Cision who aren't traditional reporters, whether they are bloggers or sponsorship contacts.
  • The search and list-building functions can be hard to use.
If you need to find contact info for reporters, especially phone numbers, Cision is invaluable. If you are a smart media pro, it makes you much better at your job. However, if you don't know much about media, Cision can be overwhelming and won't give you the insight you need to know what to do with the information.
Read Anna Swenson's full review
We use it in the marketing department for distribution of press releases and reporting on any coverage our company receives. It allows us to distribute company news quickly and efficiently as well as collect information that can help us develop better press releases in the future.
  • Distribution of press releases down the wire.
  • Report building and analytics tracking.
  • Media monitoring.
  • There is room for improvement in reporting. There can always be more information to collect.
  • The system at times slows down when you have to select a lot of press hits.
It's great for those who want to quickly get press releases out to the press. It gives you many options for specific demographics to target and it's easy to use. They now allow you to download a PDF prior to distribution to share among your colleagues.
Kathlene Carney profile photo
I have a boutique PR firm specializing in publicity and we use Cision everyday to build and update media lists, and to verify contact information.
  • Media contact information is the most accurate compared to their competitors.
  • Beat descriptions are fairly accurate.
  • Interface is relatively easy to learn, and whenever I get stuck, their customer support is only a phone call away. They've walked us through search steps many times.
  • They must make it easier to search for radio shows that have guest interviews! Hundreds of morning and afternoon drive-time shows do interviews every day but there's no easy, accurate way to search for them on Cision.
  • They must identify contacts who handle books at each outlet. Book review editors have been drastically cut, so it's no longer a searchable beat. We don't have time to read through the descriptions of every single editor for clues. It's a real problem and we wish Cision would step up.
The media landscape is changing rapidly and Cision's up-to-date contacts are indispensable for those of us out there pitching everyday.
Read Kathlene Carney's full review
Dan Green profile photo
Cision PR is currently being used by our North American Communications Team, and may be adopted by our global team at a later date. We have a number of communications initiatives, and Cision helps us to find the media that we are targeting, create media lists for personalized outreach and to send mass emails on rare occasions. We also just started using it to track our media and social media coverage. I don't have extensive experience on that portion of the software, but from what I have seen to date, it is useful to see who is talking about AkzoNobel on social media. I actually am currently waiting for the media tracking to be activated.
  • Media contact research. If you are involved in media relations and need to contact reporters covering specific beats, it's nearly impossible to do it without Cision. The software literally saves you hours of work. Rather than using the Internet to research editors who may be covering your market, you just submit information on the topics you are seeking, and the database pulls up a list of editors in seconds.
  • Personal profiles. Not all editors participate, but Cision interviews a number of editors to ask them how they want PR professionals to connect with them -- by phone, email, and there are still some who prefer fax. It's a very helpful service that helps you get relationships off on the right foot.
  • Email distribution. I have used Cision's media research for the last 15 years, but just recently started using their email distribution to distribute press releases to key media. It's a great tool, and tracks which reporters open your email and who clicks on the links included in your news release.
  • I'd like to see them bring back their old influencer profiles where they ranked reporters on their level of importance from 30 to 99. I realize people complained about it not being completely accurate, but it provided a good gauge on how important the media outlet or reporter is -- especially for blogs, where it's hard to determine whether they are worth the time to contact.
  • This may be a little premature, but media tracking is part of our service, and we have not had the opportunity to track any of our media coverage to date. Social media is working fine, but we are still waiting for the media side.
  • It needs to work with all Internet services. There is functionality that doesn't work with Internet Explorer, so I had to download Google Chrome in order to gain full functionality-- which wouldn't be a problem, but when you are working at a large organization, it's hard to get approval to download any software, including Google Chrome.
Personally, I feel that Cision is a required media tool for any organization that is interested in generating media coverage -- whether they are a small business or a global organization. I have actually worked at both over the past 15 years, and have always used Cision. When I came to an organization that didn't have Cision, like in my current role, one of the first things I did was work to get approval to order it. Cision PR's media research tool can be used to find any reporter across the country. For a specific example, I recently needed to send out a press release to all reporters covering Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. I used Cision to find all reporters covering these topics, then used the email distribution system to send out the news release. In real time, it took about 20 minutes to do that from beginning to end. If I had to use the Internet to research and contact all these editors, it would have taken days.
Read Dan Green's full review
Lindsey Lucenta profile photo
I work at a public relations agency, and we use Cision on a daily basis to build media lists and compile media placement/monitoring reports. Overall, Cision serves as our key source for gathering the contact information for key reporters, editors, bloggers and online influencers. The database allows us to compile strategic, targeted media lists for any PR campaign we develop.
  • Cision is the best database available for compiling media lists, both for print and online outreach.
  • Cision is excellent for quickly getting high-level information or metrics about a publication, whether it be for a report or presentation.
  • Cision serves as a great starting point for compiling targeted editorial calendars for a PR strategy.
  • One search parameter I would love to see added back to Cision (it was removed a few years back) is being able to create a media list based on the top 100 newspapers. Currently, you must vet out the top newspapers via the circulation parameter, which adds a time-intensive extra step.
  • Users get locked out of lists too often, even when no one is currently logged in. The customer service team fixes the problem efficiently, but I call to address locked lists a few times each quarter.
Cision is, hands-down, the best database for creating targeted media lists. For example, if you want to target health editors at the top 150 U.S. newspapers, you have that information at your fingertips with Cision. The service isn't the best for compiling lists of social influencers (e.g. YouTube or Instagram stars), but, I believe, Cision is aiming to better develop that capability.
Read Lindsey Lucenta's full review
Jessica Herrera profile photo
March 01, 2017

Worth the Investment

Cision PR Software is used to help aggregate media contacts, create press release distribution lists and also upload and send media content directly to media contacts. It is also used to connect to reporters and other media contacts through social media and track and follow media coverage based on specific topics and our organization itself.
  • Cision is a relatively easy to use platform that is more-or-less straightforward to the user.
  • The software has great customer service representation and answers questions quickly and easily.
  • It is generally very functional at pulling media lists and sending press releases to those outlets/individuals.
  • Cision is a relatively expensive platform.
  • While there is Cision staff devoted to updating media contacts, the process is imperfect and there are times where media outlets and contacts are not updated in a timely manner.
  • It would be great if Cision allowed for media tracking based on specific keywords and individual names so that we could do most if not all of our media outreach and tracking in one place.
Cision does a great job at quickly pulling media lists and distributing media materials to those lists housed in an internal system that also tracks deliveries, opens, and failed attempts. Cision isn't great at tracking the results of those press releases (as in whether it resulted in media coverage).
Read Jessica Herrera's full review
Cheryl Lew profile photo
February 21, 2017

Cision Review

We use Cision within our department (other departments may use it as well, but I'm not sure) to obtain contact information (names, outlets, email, phone numbers, etc.) for media outlets that we want to pitch our books authors to. It allows us to search for people at certain outlets as well as discover outlets that we had not previously worked with.
  • Good customer service
  • User friendly
  • Up to date information
  • Sometimes slow and crashes
  • The hits/analytics are difficult to learn
  • It's difficult to change information, as you have to contact customer service
Cision is extremely helpful when looking for information for media members, such as television, newspapers, online outlets, etc. It helps you find information both if you know what you are looking for or if you have no idea and need a push in the right direction. It's also good for keeping you up to date on updated information.
Read Cheryl Lew's full review
Erika Schaefer profile photo
Cision has been a great tool for my team. I've used it in particular to keep a media list of ours updated and accurate. It has helped me personally to make sure our contacts are at the same position, with the correct contact information. When they are not, I can now easily find their new contact information. Cision has saved me time because I don't have to try and follow a paper trail of emails to find one person's contact information.
  • Helping to build strong media contact lists, by allowing you to add people who cover the same beats
  • Helping to keep current with contacts information
  • Helping to maintain relationships with media contacts
  • When a contact needs updating, it could be helpful if there was a faster way for Cision to update the info. or be alerted that someone is no longer at the same outlet.
Cision was perfect for when I was a Media Booker. It helped me to build my contact lists and get my pitches out, quick and easily!

Less appropriate if you are at a company or position not involved with media or PR.

If you are a business involved with media or PR I would say that having Cision PR is essential to your success.
Read Erika Schaefer's full review
Stanley Hurwitz profile photo
I'm an independent PR/Marketing consultant for businesses and non-profits of all sizes and types. These range from a 9 office Orthodontic office to a private school with 250 students, to a large commercial real estate company, and a new product launch.
I use Cision differently depending on whether the client's products or services will be of most interest mainly in the Boston or eastern Mass. area, the New England region, or nationally. Cision saves a lot time -- I can set the parameters for the types of publications or other media I want, and the specific job roles I hope to hit -- such as editors, reporters, show producers, etc.
  • Not too complicated to figure out (after some self-taught training and some calls to the help line). Once you know your way around, setting up the media contact list for a specific job, pasting the story and attaching a photo - are all straightforward.
  • All of my calls to the 800 help desk have been excellent. The customer service reps know the program, they offer advice on how others they have spoken to might have approached the problem, and they are patient - even with someone who's not technologically inclined.
  • I like the way I can see a full report of who received my distribution and I can share that with clients. I like the report that tells me it was successfully distributed, and a day later, what the success rate was -- usually around 93% of the targeted recipients. Seems good these days with the 'musical chairs' as various media downsize and reposition themselves.
  • I suggested this a few years ago: It would be great if the next step that the user needs to do (as they move toward distribution) was shown in a bold and/or different color. Maybe even number the steps. "You are on step 3 of 6," for example.
Cision is great for sending your news to every type of media in selected categories. If I'm doing a launch of a food product, it's easy to select all the editors and reporters in related categories, plus the general business editors, etc.
Read Stanley Hurwitz's full review
Alexis Ramsey profile photo
Cision PR was used by myself and others in a previous role to create and curate media lists to reach audiences in healthcare, technology, and the military community with the intention of pitching recent news. Additionally, Cision PR helped identify influencers at publications, blogs, and websites to share content with.

Cision PR was used by 3-5 people in the company and tremendously cut down on time trying to Google influencers, get their contact information, and learn more about their publication or website.
  • Cision PR has a large database of the more popular publications and is making great strides in adding smaller, community outlets and lower viewed blogs that may have a loyal fan base.
  • The software is intuitive for the most part and is powered by keyword searching which is common for everyone.
  • The addition of social media handles for reporters and pubs is helpful to understand what they're reporting on.
  • Including smaller pubs and community outlets would be helpful.
  • Sometimes an outlet will have 5+ names for a contact. If there's a way to sort those based on who is likely to respond or uses the software daily.
  • Searching via social media only for keywords, recent news, and reporters could further target influencers.
Media list building is still Cision PR's number one strength. The software provides robust lists that can be tailored by location, circulation, topics, and more. Again, the addition of social media information allows lists to be made of influencers to follow and eventually reach out to. Cision PR is not a social media tracking platform and while it has some capability, the reporting aspect is still not there compared to other programs like Union Metrics.
Read Alexis Ramsey's full review
Logan Stewart profile photo
I have used Cision PR in the past three years, twice, for media clips. It's the main way we track media mentions for our organization. I also use it for media contacts as we have 39 offices spread out geographically and a service like this is the best way to find contacts in those markets. I also reported on our media coverage through Cision.
  • Strong media database - updated frequently
  • Good tracking capabilities
  • Individualized customer service is poor
  • Reporting mechanisms are cumbersome and difficult
  • Social media coverage is very lacking
  • Overall media database and searching capabilities are a bit difficult to use
  • Location of user lists is difficult to find
  • Good for comprehensive media building, distributing press releases and finding out information about specific media and contacts. Best contacts of any software I have used but many are outdated.
  • Poor for social media monitoring and reporting in general. Needs a reporting mechanism that's more aesthetically pleasing and easier to read.
Read Logan Stewart's full review
Kristen Carvalho profile photo
We use Cision to assist us with our outreach efforts. I am a single user of the software as we are a small company and do not have other members on the team that would need to use it. Having it available to create lists on media in our industry has been great. It was something we did not have access to prior. We also use it to send out our press releases on the wire.
  • Cision is very accurate at providing up to date contact information for contacts at media outlets. I am constantly getting updates or changes to my lists which is appreciated.
  • Their profiles for media contacts is great as well. Having a full outlook on their social actions and being able to write in our personal notes on what they prefer is very helpful.
  • I also like that they give you the option to get a PR Newswire account right within the platform. This makes it easy to keep all of your PR efforts centralized and in one place.
  • While I know they have training available within the platform and you have an account manager - I think it would be better if it was more visible or a focus.
I honestly think Cision is the best tool for PR and monitoring on the market. They have really updated the ability for tracking your mentions on social media which is extremely useful because it could eliminate a social media monitoring tool. It is also the best for creating lists with up to date media information. Being able to track everything that I have been doing on the wire and the retroactive social posts that come through in one platform is so useful.
Read Kristen Carvalho's full review
Erika Taylor Montgomery profile photo
January 27, 2017

Great Media Database

Three Girls Media is my public relations and social media management agency. We use Cision on a daily basis to create media lists as well as research members of the media, and to send out press releases or pitches to the press. Cision also has the largest media database of its competitors!
  • Building Media Lists - takes the guesswork out of researching media on your own.
  • Easily send pitches - With the integrated email plan it's easy to send messages to the Media
  • Detailed Info on Each Media Outlet & Journalist
  • Cision is by far the most expensive software of its kind. I'd like to see better pricing for very small companies, perhaps w/ 5 or fewer employees.
Cision is very well suited for building media lists, doing research on members of the media and media outlets, and for conveniently sending out blast pitches to the press.
Read Erika Taylor Montgomery's full review
Pete Terhorst profile photo
January 26, 2017

Cision sizzles

Our client uses Cision PR media tracking software on a daily basis in their communications department. The daily media clips provide knowledge of external issues relevant to the organization, as well as tracking of the organization's news releases. On a periodic basis, searches are conducted on specific issues.
  • The user interface is well designed and easy to navigate.
  • Customer support has ben excellent.
  • Cision has become a market leader providing news feeds for traditional print and broadcast media as well as social media.
  • Because our client works within its industry and is also advocating for member interests, there are many search terms necessary. Unfortunately this requires sifting through many unrelated stories on a daily basis.
  • While social media is important, quantifying and qualifying search results on a daily basis is a daunting task.
"News" sources have proliferated exponentially because every internet user is a potential news maker. Cision does a good job of sorting through the chaff and chatter. We went through a lengthy process vetting the various competitors and the Cision platform was the equal or better. Customer service has been excellent. Plus they are price competitive.
Read Pete Terhorst's full review
Emma Chase profile photo
The entire accounts team at my agency uses Cision for media list building. It addresses our need to build solid, accurate and up-to-date media lists to use on behalf of our clients that range from major FinTech companies to nonprofits.
  • The new Cision media building interface is incredibly easy to use and very clean. Love the update.
  • The new edition also includes more detailed bios on each journalist-- very helpful for pitching efforts!
  • In the past, we've been concerned about that accuracy of contact information-- with the new interface, it is clear that Cision is investing their time into providing the best contact database out there.
  • I'm personally still learning how to use the new edition, and have not run into too many problems. It takes a little while longer to build your search, but that in turn leads to better results.
  • Outside of the media database, the monitoring system still lacks metrics that go above and beyond tracking mentions.
  • The analytics platform should be integrating with Google Analytics to show how articles are really performing!
Cision's biggest strength is its media database. Other than that, you're better off with a more robust tool.
Read Emma Chase's full review
Michael Conrad profile photo
Cision is hands down the most exhaustive media database we've ever used, and we use it daily. After trying several different media database services over the past 15 years of our company, Cision PR has proven to be the most accurate, reliable, and easy to use. At the end of the day, it makes my job as a PR professional easier and allows me to focus on more important work than mining for media contacts. It's awesome.
  • Tracking down a good producer contact for a TV show.
  • Reach info on media outlets.
  • Knowing who to pitch.
  • Not super fast to add contacts to lists.
  • Somewhat clunky and time consuming to export lists.
  • Saving lists takes a long time.
For us, we use it for reach info and the media database. Outside of that, we haven't had success with monitoring media or doing other PR-related tasks with Cision. It's also not suited for niche media, at least in the faith and family-friendly market that we work in. We mostly use it for mainstream and secular, national media, or well-regarded local media.
Read Michael Conrad's full review
Amy Ridings profile photo
The public relations department of our agency uses Cision PR Software. We've been using it for several years, and my previous agency also utilized the tool. In particular, we use it almost daily for researching media contracts and creating lists.
  • Adding contacts to existing lists is quite literally as easy as the push of a button.
  • The Cision PR team automatically takes care of updating contacts. Within the media industry, this is important because contacts are constantly jumping around between beats or publications.
  • One feature that is difficult to use is the scrolling mechanism within the lists. This has been an issue for years, and I've never seen any improvement. If you do what is typically considered a "slow scroll" where you only click the mouse up or down once, a list shoots from the top to the bottom or vice versa. I always have to resort to using the arrow keys.
  • I'm not too familiar with Cision's support team. There are also an abundance of features, which is good, but can be overwhelming, so many tools aren't utilized at the end of the day.
Cision PR Software is well suited for anyone who routinely researches media contacts or builds lists. The notes are useful in that they provide context for the reporter and how they preferred to be contacted, as well as their career history.
Read Amy Ridings's full review
Melissa Kuehnle, M.A. profile photo
January 20, 2017

OK in PR

Cision PR has allowed me to do my job efficiently and seamlessly. We, in the office of marketing and communications, are able to keep all of our press releases and media lists in one place and access them whenever we need to. We have specific lists for a variety of topics for each campus. I also configure reports and either export them or print them out for presentations and meetings. I have found that the support staff at Cision PR is always available to help and answer any questions that I have. That means a lot, even if I have the smallest issue.
  • Keeps media lists organized
  • Easy searches for media contacts
  • Customer Service
  • Hyper-local reporter information
  • Email replacement for those who have bouncebacks
  • Font variety
Cision PR is great for sending out press releases and keeping record of who you contact for what. It also allows you to keep record of activities outside of the software, like phone calls, emails and face-to-face encounters.
Read Melissa Kuehnle, M.A.'s full review

About Cision Communications Cloud

CIsion Communications Cloud is used for identifying key media and influencers, connecting with audiences, monitoring traditional and social media, and analyzing outcomes.