TRUE
TRUE

Mighty Media Monitoring

We're using Cision for a number of activities, but we use it primarily for media monitoring for our clients and their competitors in their …

PR Simplicity with Great Reach!

We use Cision Communications Cloud for our company's press releases to reach a broad audience. We are a quickly growing small business and …

Cision Communications Cloud Review

Cision Communications Cloud is primarily used by my organization for media monitoring and distribution. It is used by my department …

Cision Review

We use it to monitor media hits and seek out specific publications relevant to our industry, then pitch ideas to them. It's a good way to …

Save time with Cision

I use Cision Communications Cloud in the communications department to research media contacts, distribute press releases and media …

Building better media lists

Our agency has used Cision for many years. A year ago, we switched from the classic Cision to the Cision Communications Cloud. We mainly …

So far so good!

We just used Cision Communications Cloud in order to send out an important press release via PR Newswire regarding a software update that …

Three Cheers for Cision

Cision is used at our agency to quickly and accurately compile lists of target media outlets and contacts for media relations. Using the …

What is Cision Communications Cloud?

CIsion Communications Cloud is used for identifying key media and influencers, connecting with audiences, monitoring traditional and social media, and analyzing outcomes.

1 person want pricing too

What is Muck Rack?

Muck Rack is a public relations offering from Sawhorse Media.

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

MEDIA MONITORING

Understand a company and brand’s reputation with a complete collection of global online news, blogs, social, print and broadcast channels.​​

RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT

Cision Connect is a media and social influencer database offered to improve users' outreach, help build better relationships, and secure more coverage.​

AUDIENCES & ATTRIBUTION

Understand earned audiences, connect PR to the bottom line, and retarget earned media audiences with subsequent marketing efforts.​

ANALYSIS & REPORTING

Visualize media coverage and build the story around data – tying it back to business results – with analytics.​

Cision Communications Cloud Competitors

Cision Communications Cloud Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Cision Communications Cloud?

What is Cision Communications Cloud's best feature?

Reviewers rate Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses Cision Communications Cloud?

The most common users of Cision Communications Cloud are from Mid-size Companies and the Public Relations & Communications industry.

• [We can] use keywords, topics, and "talked about" words to successfully target appropriate journalists.
  • [It makes it] easy to compose personalized outreach to targeted journalists.
  • Reporting and evaluation [are] top-notch for our follow-ups.
  • Word processing software could be a bit easier to use, other than that, the whole platform is top-notch.
  • Their upgraded press release templates and ability [to] pull in an entire, completed release makes the [process] faster and easier, and allows for more graphics, such as company mastheads, [are done well].
  • The media tracking offers the ability to find relevant placements across the entire country.
  • The journalist database streamlines the process of finding relevant reporters to directly connect [to] on news releases that are relevant to their beats.
  • The process of setting up, creating, and distributing a release is seamless, easy to use, and not labor-intensive.
  • It would be nice if the option existed to add more than one image as an attachment to a release distribution, particularly when you have multiple headshots of people being referenced.
  • Integrating TVEyes was a wonderful touch, but they are missing some of the search flexibilities TVEyes offers on its own.
  • Font changes and spacing have some minor issues in the body of press release templates.
Guilherme Monsanto | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Provides follow up to the press release distribution
  • Provides guidance and close monitoring prior, during, and after distribution
  • Broad reach and effective targeting of press releases
  • A more friendly interface so the company could see past press releases and metrics related to them
  • A local, bilingual support staff
December 28, 2021

Mighty Media Monitoring

• Media monitoring
  • Connecting to reporters
  • Branded reports
  • Price point — highest in landscape when we reviewed options
  • Not enough clients in our account — we have to juggle/rotate searches for different clients
  • Missing known coverage that has to be manually added
  • Easy and attractive reporting capabilities.
  • Intuitive platform, very user-friendly.
  • Ability to measure results (like share of voice) that you couldn't do manually.
  • Time efficiency - takes the manual labor out of a lot of measuring and searching for journalists.
  • Hard to get your boolean/search query accurate.
  • Slow customer support from the technical side (not from the Sales side).
  • Media database is mostly updated, but not always
  • Creating media lists.
  • Researching media targets that may exist for new business opportunities or existing clients.
  • Reporting results.
  • While the content generated through media research is high quality, the interface to get there is often clunky and slow.
  • The reporting features are good but not great. The software still misses a lot, and it takes time to comb through to determine what needs to be added manually.
  • Helps us build curated lists of press contacts
  • Builds and stores email distribution templates
  • We would love if Cision Communications Cloud provided more robust contact information related to non-traditional media outlets, such as podcasts.
  • Reach - A large list of mediums and new organizations that pick up our press releases.
  • Simplicity - Step by step approach to releasing news items with guidance along the way. Things like support with titles to get the best response [is] very helpful.
  • Expanded reach in technical niches - We are [an] electrical manufacturing company and our audience [is] quite difficult to [reach]. Cision Communications Cloud does a great job of helping us target.
Danielle Garton | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I like that Cision gives us specific numbers (ad value, total readership, etc.) as many of our clients respond best to concrete facts like this.
  • Cision customer service is the best! I've never waited for more than 5 minutes for a response, they are always nice and willing to explain things to me clearly.
  • I like the real-time media alerts that you can sign up for, it helps me keep track of media hits when I'm not actively thinking about them.
  • Cision often picks up coverage that isn't from my clients, so I'll have to go in and delete them.
  • It would be nice to be able to edit the information from within a report and not have to go back to the dashboard and then re-pull the report.
  • "Talking About" option on media database
  • Widgets on Cision Communications Cloud and SEO value
  • The platform is easy to use
  • Customization of Cision Communications Cloud reports
  • Cision Communications Cloud customer service
  • Not all placements are picked up or a lot of times the wrong placements are included.
  • Although you can add in placements/coverage - it does not always end up in your report.
  • If you want wire coverage (e.g. - PRNewswire, PRWeb, Businesswire) it won't capture the coverage if it is behind a firewall or taken off the site so you need to capture a report the day it runs or it skews the results if you are creating monthly reports.
  • Now that TrendKite has merged with Cision not as many ebooks, resources and content is available - TrendKite used to have a great resource section.
  • Cision customer service isn't as responsive as Cision TrendKite's customer service reps
May 14, 2021

Cision Review

• Media monitoring.
  • Media searches.
  • Social monitoring.
  • Better geographical searches.
  • Require more HARO details.
  • Require more Ed Calendar details.
  • Up to date media contact information
  • Platform for distributing press materials
  • Useful tool to track and monitor media coverage
  • Would like notices when media contacts leave an outlet and need to be replaced on media lists.
Lynn Meadows | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • When I send contact updates to Cision Communications Cloud customer support, they always reply, usually in a timely fashion.
  • I like the filters to the Cision Communications Cloud media lists which allow us to drill down by subject, job role, location, DMA, etc.
  • Our account manager (Mike Sullivan) has been friendly. He's been able to keep our subscription at the same price in recent years.
  • In the media influencer database, the classic Cision allowed us to do a zip code radius search to really drill down to the neighborhood level. That's because we do localized media advisories and press releases for events at neighborhood schools. One part of a big city like Chicago really doesn't care what's happening in another part of Chicago that's too far away. The zip code radius search was a feature in the classic Cision but not with the current Cision Communications Cloud. We've asked for this to be restored several times, but nothing's happened. In fact, we were told to use DMA — which actually goes wider in a search (bigger than a city), not more narrow as needed. This reflects a basic misunderstanding of what we need.
  • Another missing feature involves a merge field when sending out an email press release through Cision. This is the "select insert field" button in the upper right that's used to personalize a release with the media contact's name and other information. This is key for localization of the release. Many media outlets won't run a release unless it's local. While "county" is a feature in the influencer database when putting together a media list in Cision, "county" is not available to insert into a press release as a merge field. Counties are important because this is how many newspapers and health departments are organized and identify themselves. I've asked for this to be implemented, to no avail. As a workaround, we've had to use "contact city" or "outlet city."
  • After refining a media list in Cision using filters, I've had to download the list and take it offline to see the big picture, screen for duplicates, etc. While there is a button on the bottom left intended to help with this, it doesn't do the trick. That's because there may be multiple contacts with the same email address. In addition, one media contact may represent numerous media outlets, so this same contact could show up several times. It would be nice to have a better way to see the whole list online and eliminate both duplicates as well as those who previously opted out.
January 13, 2021

So far so good!

• Cision has the largest distribution network in terms of press releases
  • Cision Communications Cloud provides a detailed and almost immediate visibility report on the results of the release
  • I experienced some customer service struggles--mostly in that I had to wait on hold for 15+ minutes before I could ask a simple question along the way.
  • My release needed to be sent in a faster manner than traditional, so I had to follow up after each step wasn't completed quite as fast as it was detailed that it would. I did receive help, I just had to initiate the next step each time.
Erin Witt, APR | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Influencer research: I am able to quickly find the right reporter or editor for my pitch because Cision lets me know what they write about, their communications preferences, past articles, etc.
  • Distribution: I appreciate a template to help streamline my pitch and press release distribution that allows me to send my news to a targeted list of contacts without having to send individual emails. I can send out communications with just a few steps, in just a few minutes.
  • News search: I use Cision to scan for news and monitor for mentions of my clients. I also use this feature to keep tabs on topics and key terms of interest to me and my clients to stay ahead of emerging trends and stay on top of emerging discussions in my clients' industries.
  • I would like to see more COVID-19 search terms. This is here to stay. Many of my clients want information specific to this topic.
  • Let us monitor for reporters specifically writing about COVID-19. Make this a topic in the influencer search.
  • I wish I had more functionality when searching "all news" instead of just "my coverage." There are times I have a search fully set up and get no results back only to realize I am in "my coverage" instead of "all news" and have to start all over again— only to find that I can't do half of what I could have if I was only searching my coverage.
Ed Romaine | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Reaches editors and writers on the peripheral.
  • Great SEO
  • Easy to use and train on.
  • Provides great PDF proof of the release (which can be used for your files and even sent out if needed).
  • More granular selecting of publications.
  • More business publications.
  • More visibility into who is reacting to your content.
Aidan M. Ryan, APR | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Data visualization - very helpful in presenting data to non-experts
  • Media contact database - fairly extensive and up-to-date, with some notable exceptions
  • Ability to organize work in "campaigns" - good for self-monitoring and reporting on ROI
  • Impact - this is wildly inaccurate
  • Actual views - again, wildly inaccurate
  • Reporting - should be more options besides real-time alerts and hand-curated newsletters. Automated weekly reports would be an obvious addition.
  • Great at providing a full list of contacts for each outlet we're trying to reach.
  • TrendKite provides great insights for coverage, especially in terms of reach and SEO.
  • Robust system that provides what many others cannot.
  • Would like more features to flag contacts as inactive.
  • Would like to be able to modify contacts already listed, for those that may have switched jobs and Cision hasn't updated their files yet.
  • Oftentimes, the interface can feel "clunky," constantly having to click through things to find the information I'm looking for.
  • Customer Support and consistent outreach from account reps.
  • Resources and toolkits for best utilizing their products.
  • Providing accurate data and contact info.
  • Ease of use of influencer and outlet search tools.
  • Difficult to format email campaign templates.
  • Duplicates of contacts, outlets in lists.
  • Reporting breakdowns of campaigns, or emails of performance could be beneficial.