Reviews (1-2 of 2)
March 18, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
DNA uses Citrix Profile Management to keep track of application access, as well has the ability to reset end user sessions when they run into trouble. This tool allows us to assist with hung sessions without removing a user's access completely. This allows end users to access any application remotely with ease.
Read Ed Davis's full review
This allows remote workers great flexibility. You can setup working profiles that are tailored to the end users' needs to assist them in being more productive. This also allows you to view idle sessions to see how productive your remote end users are. You can set timers to only allow access during certain times of day. You can also set auto log off for sessions.
April 27, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
We use Citrix User Profile Management in multiple data centers to manage users' profiles in our Citrix environments. We wanted something to manage profiles across multiple desktops and app servers that extended the default Microsoft roaming profiles.
- UPM does extend the features of Microsoft roaming profiles. It gives you the ability to load ADM files and create group policies to set settings.
- With UPM you are able to include or exclude files and folders in a user's profile.
- There are some tie ins between UPM and Citrix Director to give administrators the ability to quickly see the size of the user's profile.
- Since UPM manages Microsoft roaming profiles you still face profile size challenges. You can use the exclude feature but it can be a bit limiting.
- Because of size concerns this may not be the best choice for international deployments if you intend to roam settings across multiple environments.
- Troubleshooting UPM can be a bit difficult at times. There are some built in logging features but those are best reviewed by Citrix.
Read Ben Tusa's full review
The best use case for Citrix User Profile Management (UPM) is that it's included with many Citrix offerings. It's well worth trying to use instead of standard Microsoft roaming profiles to see if it fits your environments.
Citrix Profile Management Scorecard Summary
What is Citrix Profile Management?
Citrix Profile Management (formerly Citrix UPM) is a tool used for user virtualization and managing user data and maintaining adequate logon speed in a virtual environment. It is a component of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop).
Categories: User Virtualization
Citrix Profile Management Video
Citrix Profile Management Technical Details