Citrix Profile Management
Citrix Profile Management
DNA uses Citrix Profile Management to keep track of application access, as well has the ability to reset end user sessions when they run …
We use Citrix User Profile Management in multiple data centers to manage users' profiles in our Citrix environments. We wanted something …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Citrix Profile Management, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Citrix Profile Management (formerly Citrix UPM) is a tool used for user virtualization and managing user data and maintaining adequate logon speed in a virtual environment. It is a component of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop).
Citrix Profile Management Outlook Search Optimization Demo
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
DNA uses Citrix Profile Management to keep track of application access, as well has the ability to reset end user sessions when they run into trouble. This tool allows us to assist with hung sessions without removing a user's access completely. This allows end users to access any application remotely with ease.
- Easy to manage user access.
- Can watch server usage.
- Can manage end user profiles.
- Disconnected session sometimes doesn't clear properly.
This allows remote workers great flexibility. You can setup working profiles that are tailored to the end users' needs to assist them in being more productive. This also allows you to view idle sessions to see how productive your remote end users are. You can set timers to only allow access during certain times of day. You can also set auto log off for sessions.
We use Citrix User Profile Management in multiple data centers to manage users' profiles in our Citrix environments. We wanted something to manage profiles across multiple desktops and app servers that extended the default Microsoft roaming profiles.
- UPM does extend the features of Microsoft roaming profiles. It gives you the ability to load ADM files and create group policies to set settings.
- With UPM you are able to include or exclude files and folders in a user's profile.
- There are some tie ins between UPM and Citrix Director to give administrators the ability to quickly see the size of the user's profile.
- Since UPM manages Microsoft roaming profiles you still face profile size challenges. You can use the exclude feature but it can be a bit limiting.
- Because of size concerns this may not be the best choice for international deployments if you intend to roam settings across multiple environments.
- Troubleshooting UPM can be a bit difficult at times. There are some built in logging features but those are best reviewed by Citrix.
The best use case for Citrix User Profile Management (UPM) is that it's included with many Citrix offerings. It's well worth trying to use instead of standard Microsoft roaming profiles to see if it fits your environments.