Reviews (1-1 of 1)
April 03, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We have used CA PPM in the System Integration departments in three different sub-departments: Network, System, Datacenter. We used CA PPM especially for resolving complex resource management chaos in System Integration departments. These departments work on two different tasks: Project Management and Service Management with nearly the same resources. Because of that there was a resource management chaos. We easily solved this problem with CA PPM.
- CA PPM is for all types of employees with busy schedules or who can not work in the office at a certain time.
- Supports Scrum, Kanban and other Agile Frameworks. It's very important for a PPM tool because Agile Transformation is the Top Trend. Every PPM tool has to work with both frameworks.
- CA Clarity's analysis functions are impressive, and give the best clean graphic representations depend on your data. The software, overall, is very feature-rich.
- Allows you to provide the right amount of detail within the stories and acceptance criteria. From tasks to stories, stories to features, and so on.
- The best side is also the bad side: It requires too much effort to link stories to features, it's too hard to see the details and requires too much effort to do that.
- Because it is feature-rich tool learning the tool took a while, so that training must do so as well.
- The features are all a little bit hidden. It would be better to improve the UI with UX.
- License cost is quite high as compared with other tools like JIRA.
Read Celil ÇİYNEKLİ's full review
CA PPM is especially good for Agile Framework users from big companies because big companies cannot use only PMI based Project Management frameworks, but also have to use an appropriate project Agile frameworks (like Scrum, Kamban). So you have to use both of them on the appropriate projects. In this case if you don't use one tool for both frameworks you could get stuck for doing resource management. CA PPM is solving this problem perfectly.
Clarity PPM (formerly CA Project Portfolio Management) Scorecard Summary
About Clarity PPM (formerly CA Project Portfolio Management)
Clarity PPM (formerly CA Project Portfolio Manamagement) from Broadcom company CA Technologies features project, resource, staffing and budget management; scenario comparisons; forecasting; and labor, expense, materials and equipment management.
Categories: Project Portfolio Management
Clarity PPM (formerly CA Project Portfolio Management) Technical Details