Score 7 out of 10
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Pros and Cons
- Analytics: for sales, especially when selling virtually, it can be difficult to know if your customers are engaged with the presentation. Clearslide will give you reports that indicate how long customers were viewing what you were presenting, if/when you lost them, and at what place in your presentation you lost them. It can also show you how long potential customers spent reviewing follow-up materials you've sent them.
- Screenshare: the screenshare functionality, when using Google Chrome, is very seamless, and the customer can take over the screenshare without needing any downloads or plug-ins.
- Presenting: It's quite easy to present material with Clearslide, and to move between materials that you are presenting.
- When a prospect is not using Google Chrome, they have to go through a few steps to allow for screenshare. Not every prospect is comfortable with downloading software for a sales pitch, and some get overwhelmed.
- It's not very straightforward to connect to audio. It doesn't happen automatically, and to enable it you have to click on "dial in via web client".
- There is a charge for using the conference line. It's a nominal fee of a few cents per minute, but with multiple reps using the site for many hours per month, this can add up a bit.