Reviews (1-3 of 3)
July 26, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
CleverTap is being used by multiple departments in the organization -- by marketing for sending out user communications, by the product team for user behavior and funnel analysis, by the leadership team to review the user and booking trends, by engineering to measure the impact of their changes on various KPIs/events, and by the analytics team to create retention/funnel/trends dashboards, etc.
- User communication: it provides a single dashboard to help us reach out to our users via email, push, web push, SMS, in-app and now even WhatsApp. Not just that, we can set up various types of targeting, such as one-time, recurring, date/time based, etc.
- Analytics: it offers various views and cuts to analyze the user data, be it in the form of trends, funnels, recency-frequency, user cohorts and segments, etc.
- Tracking: it helps us track the impact of various paid and organic marketing channels, through which we can adjust spends and focus on the channels that make an impact.
- Speed: when using a large data sets, the query processing tends to become slow.
- Attribution: attribution for paid channels is still not robust, and could be improved.
- Cost: it tends to become costly when you scale up to over a few billion events, as the pricing is based on events and not MAUs. It's great for smaller organizations, but as you scale it will become costly.
It is well suited for all kinds of marketing activities, be it retargeting, user activation, retention, or even pushing the audience to google or facebook for paid marketing. It is also well suited for all kinds of analytics purposes, and can be used to create dashboards with your required views. It is not well suited to completely rely on this for your entire paid marketing or attribution.
Read this authenticated review
For their expertise and timely resolution to our issues.
We use CleverTap throughout all of our CRM processes. User acquisition with targeted member to member communication, activation journey campaigns, reactivation through remarketing and special offers, segmentation of specific users with specific actions, etc. Beyond that, we use Clevertap to keep track of several KPIs and campaign performances such as user engagement, user cohorts, AB tests, uninstalls etc. One major problem that it does address is the possibility to personalize the content we deliver to our users; at the same time, its intelligence selects the right time and situation to do it. The level of detail possible to manage is excellent.
- Journey campaigns
- User segmentation
- Performance tracking
- Its customer success team is great
- It does not have a built-in SMS provider.
- I does not have a built-in email provider
- It gets pricier as you keep piling up data to be stored.
Read Julio Boschi's full review
It is well suited for apps that intend to keep track and boost its user's engagement, for apps that want to deliver personalized content getting better results in return, and for apps which business requires constant interaction with its users. It is also great for apps that want to manage their KPIs on a very detailed level. It is not suited for apps that do not have development people able to keep it updated and fully integrated. CleverTap demands some tech work since it is constantly launching new features.
CleverTap is the central and core analytics platform for our company. With millions of users every month spending an enormous amount of time on our site to research various things, the amount of data generated is captured in CleverTap. We use it for marketing to target a super concentrated set of users with relevant messaging.
- Helping us find out which users did a certain activity and in which order. The time gap between those activities is also an important metric. This works great with Clevertap because our backend pushes every relevant event with a time stamp to CleverTap so we do not have to maintain events or build the engine to analyze every small action the user took.
- Helps us find out which actions our best users take right before they convert. Given the e-commerce like domain we are in, we end up giving a lot of information to our users. Knowing which of these convert what kind of users is very useful.
- Helps us setup super focussed campaigns (pop-up, emails etc) to users who would be interested in a certain kind of activity. Our yield per message sent is significantly more when targeting is right.
- I think that CleverTap to some extent can upgrade the usability of its panel. With a lot of features that have been added to the platform, one does seem to be lost in it. Intercom for reference has good usability of its backend albeit with a fraction of complexity that Clevertap solves.
Read this authenticated review
From my experience, CleverTap works great where you have a ton of data being collected by users in a product that involves lots of steps. That gives you enough places to capture data and target users. So, e-commerce is great! Mobile apps that are consumer-facing and, to some extent, SaaS products can use it too.
CleverTap Scorecard Summary
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap is a mobile marketing solution that helps marketers create differentiated customer engagement strategies that are designed to drive growth. The vendor’s value proposition is that thousands of brands continue to build valuable relationships with their customers using CleverTap’s Intelligent Mobile Marketing Platform, which provides actionable, real-time insights for building amazing customer experiences.
According to the vendor, key features and business benefits include:
- Advanced Behavioral Segmentation: Segmenting and profiling enable the developers to create customized, targeted app campaigns that include push notifications, reminders, messages and scheduled offers. Behavioral analytics can help a great deal in deciding what works with the users, and what do they wish to feature.
- Funnels: Analyze how users move from onboarding to engagement to monetization to churn.
- Pivots: Correlate and visualize billions of data points to get advanced customer insights.
- Flows: Find best paths within or across user segments to conversion, and improve paths to churn.
- Rich User Profiles: Create visitor user profiles that are complete with demographic data, likings, interactions, responses and usage history.
- Uninstall Tracking: Identify who and why users uninstalled the app, and personalize win-back campaigns.
- Push, in-app, SMS, email - Use multiple channels of engagement based on user’s preferences and adapt.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
CleverTap Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
CleverTap Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CleverTap Technical Details