ClickSend

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ClickSend, and make your voice heard!

Per email for at least 25,000 emails

SMS

Per text for at least 2,000 texts

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.clicksend.com/pricing

What is ClickSend?

ClickSend aims to help businesses communicate with their customers and staff in the moments that matter on the channels, they use every day.

ClickSend is designed to power billions of messages worldwide and offers a full suite of communications products from SMS and rich messaging to letters and fax all done via online dashboard or API.

ClickSend Features

• Clickatell

ClickSend Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Allen Eshmoili | TrustRadius Reviewer
I needed a clearinghouse of sorts to send personalized letters and postcards to leads and clients and I was looking for a way to automate the process through my CRM. Thankfully ClickSend came along and integrates beautifully with ActiveCampaign and provided a solution for me. I sent a couple of test pieces to myself and they arrived fast and in good condition with good quality print/ink. Overall, I am very happy with the process.
  • MAil postcards
  • Mail Letters
  • SMS Campaigns
  • customer service
  • not much, I am very happy with their products that I use
I have used mostly the mailing feature and have used it for onboarding new clients, birthday campaigns, graduation and discharge campaigns. It is best suited for any recurring task that you want personalized and automated, once connected to your CRM. I can be used as a standalone product, but its best use is to essentially setup a template and leave it.
We use ClickSend to communicate with our clients via SMS and MMS for marketing & transactional purposes. It's very useful to contact clients in our database and works out at a very reasonable price. We also use ClickSend to send automated SMS reminders within our current client email sequence. Would highly recommend ClickSend for a small business.
  • I enjoy how simple it is to create a new SMS campaign.
  • How easily we can include it into our email sequences.
  • Very affordable payment option.
  • At times, the length of the text can feel quite short to keep it under a certain price.
  • Links sent through ClickSend are often marked as spam.
Simple to use, extremely cost-effective, and a fantastic reporting dashboard. Ability to integrate email and text, as well as a number of other excellent features; while I have not utilised these extras, they are there and appear to be well thought out. We primarily utilise the platform for text messages. One of the best features is that there is no onboarding cost, no monthly price, and you only pay for what you use. The inability to auto-delete bounces or no-delivery. The opt-out is automated, but the bounced numbers are not. Cleaning huge datasets is a difficult operation, and if you send repeat messages, you are paying for those repeats to bounced numbers.
Jesse Crofts | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our business uses the ClickSend service to increase efficiencies when processing loan applications and responding to our clientele and business affiliates. As a bulk messaging service, and individual SMS service with the option to personalize each message, save templates, review history all at a click without the need to pick up a mobile device.
  • Ease of installation
  • Ease of user interface
  • Customer Support
  • Reply to PC Sent SMS shown on both mobile device and in ClickSend Dashboard
  • Reply back to BusinessName sms option
  • Add phone call functionality as it's barely available in the marketplace!
As a finance professional, I am constantly on a computer and reviewing multiple screens, browsers, and data. It is such a distraction to pick up a mobile device to send SMS; ClickSend has enabled me to continue my workflow by using a browser-based solution. I have wanted to receive responses back to my browser, however, this is not yet a feature. To remedy this, I only use the service for notifications purposes where I am not looking for an instant reply.
Jonathan Birge | TrustRadius Reviewer
Wanted to use it for personal contacts to keep "top of mind."
  • Well-designed website
  • Plenty of communication options
  • Affordable
  • Terrible and obnoxious customer service
  • Not friendly to small companies and individuals
If you're a big company doing bulk mailing and spam, ClickSend is probably a good choice.
It helps with our sms marketing function across our marketing department. It creates the ability for us to message our prospect through text and creates a faster speed to lead transition. It gives the ability to ensure a faster response from our marketing and sales team to reach to our prospect and ensure a higher conversion in the process.
  • Easy setup
  • Great support
  • Lots of functionality
  • Cost
  • Better learning and onboarding experience
  • A better crm that works with it.
If you do not have any marketing capacity within your organization, do definitely use this as a point of consideration. It is definitely a must to do sms marketing in this day and age. However, with that said, there are a lot of alternative out there and cost effective options.
ClickSend is our reliable and confident business communications application, with quality services and affordability. The application has intelligent mail support, which is remarkable in analyzing the intelligence level of all stakeholders. Besides, ClickSend supports barcode scanning, which simplifies most of our operations. We make chats and other communication means efficiently, even though the use of mobile devices. Lastly, ClickSend has job management specifications, so effective in the proper running of the firm.
  • Messaging is one of the perfect job that ClickSend does in our company.
  • Bar code scanning is another procedure, that automates most of our activities.
  • There is proper job planning and management, ensuring the productivity of every employee is well felt.
  • ClickSend lacks email monitoring, which is critical.
  • ClickSend has no call recording or file sharing, also a big miss.
  • Lastly, ClickSend lacks contact database, which means, the information details of clients are not well captured.
ClickSend supports live chats, where instant messaging is done for both formal or informal discussions. Besides, proper management of tasks, from the simplified ones to the complex ones, and every player is well assigned. The option of bar code in this application ensures there is the automation of many tasks and reduces paperwork.
Ramón Carmona Medina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bussi is a ride-hailing app in Mexico City with more than 60 routes, 32,000 active users a month, and more than 138,000 registered users. To communicate with our users, we use a variety of services including ClickSend. We believe nothing is more direct than SMS so if you have something important to communicate and is urgent SMS is your choice. We usually send 2 kinds of campaigns with ClickSend: general/promotion campaigns to different lists of segmented users (segmented per route, area, kind of engagement) or for sending automated SMS, for example, a welcome SMS or a discount. This kind of action lets us be closer to our users and it has shown to be effective as the retention increase and the churn decreases.
  • You can add list of users just by uploading numbers CSV or by uploading detailed CSV.
  • You can generate quick campaigns just like in email, save templates with URLs, send immediately, or schedule for a certain date and hour. They have analytics, shared, and private numbers. I like that it is super straightforward.
  • You can make automated campaings that will be sent every time a new user joins a list. This you can do with 3rd-party integrations such as your own app or Zapier since ClickSend already has this integration.
  • Super cheap and it's what I like most. You pay for SMS in bulk with really competitive prices. Most SMS companies want to charge by the number of users, and when you have 32,000 active users or +130,000 users it just becomes expensive so ClickSend is the SMS solution.
  • In general, using ClickSend is quick and the learning curve for new users is flat since it's almost the same as an email marketing tool just for SMS and compressed.
  • Definitely the UI--I mean you can do practically everything and so fast but still the general design feels a little bit old and they haven't renovated in the last 2-3 years that I have been using it.
  • Add Paypal. Currently, ClickSend uses only Stripe, and Stripe trend to block credit cards if you have a lot of transactions processed by Stripe (in different services). It may be a bank issue with Stripe in my country, but still, your users are affected and it's a pain not to be able to have more payment methods. Paypal is just fine and it usually doesn't have the kinds of problems that Stripe has.
ClickSend is not for activation account SMS. For that, you can use services like TWILIO. Neither is it for having continuous communication with your users, like a kind of chat over SMS (becomes expensive). Better to try to route your users to a common customer communication tool like Facebook Messenger or something.

It is definitely suitable for outbound marketing campaigns to already registered users. Some exmples would be to send a communication annoucement, send a general offer to all your database of users, to send offers to a particular segment of users by filtering them, automated marketing campaigns based on users who join lists (users that just register and you send 1-5 welcome SMS with tips and tricks on how to better use your product, SMS to users who have an issue with payment method so they can check quickly with its bank, automated SMS with offers each time the user makes a trip, a buy, or gets more engaged with the product).
In general, support is good. Actually they usually write to you about things like when you upload your first contacts, send your first campaign, or when you forget to put the opt-out option. Of course, they are automated emails but it happens that if you reply to one of them a real support agent will attend to your case. If you have any doubt you can write directly to support by email. I'm not sure if they are using Zendesk or any other kind of program but they usually answer in less than 2 hours. Still, the option of an actual real-time chat is missing.