Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Task Management (52)
Team Collaboration (52)
Gantt Charts (39)
Document Management (46)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ClickUp, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
It’s a hub where teams can come together to plan, organize, and collaborate on work using tasks, Docs, Chat, Goals, and Whiteboard. Customized with just a few clicks, ClickUp lets teams of all types and sizes deliver work more effectively, boosting productivity to new heights.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Resource Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Support for Agile Methodology
- Supported: Support for Waterfall Methodology
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email integration
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: Timesheet Tracking
- Supported: Project & financial reporting
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||5%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, Spanish, French, German|
- Different spaces so you can use it for multiple departments.
- Kanban boards.
- Excellent task/sub-task management.
- High level of customization.
- The interface takes a little getting used to.
- Needs more contrast to have cards stand out more.
- Takes a little work to optimize it for different processes (like scrum) but the templates and documentation are a big help.
- Task management
- Agile game development
- Standalone app performance
- Memory Usage
- Dealing with huge backlogs (10k+ tasks)
- Task management.
- Gantt charts.
- Knowledge base.
- Flow chart builder.
- Platform stability.
- Some integrations do not work as well as they could.
- Timeline Assessment
- Project Managment
- Task Management
- Notification Reminders
- Onboarding Guides
- Use Cases (maybe via email marketing)
- Personalized onboarding templates based on use cases (they do this very well, just more templates would be nice!)
- Ability to create different views to track tasks/projects due this week, next week, etc.
- Integration with email for notifications and integration with Slack
- Ability to create multiple spaces or folders for simple organization
- Ability to customize the dashboard a little more. It's good now, but I would like a little more flexibility.
- A project manager should be able to add time for users. Currently, you can only enter time for yourself, but when doing project reviews with a developer, it would be nice to be able to enter missed time for them right there.
- Manage Task
- Keep an overview
- Docs are great
- Comments in docs are horrible, it's super hard to find where the user left the comment in the doc
- Sharing - doesn't work to Guest always
- Horrible Information Architecture - some things are not discoverable at all
- Onboarding colleagues. - this tool has a very high learning curve. People do not like to start using it.
- Extensive customization of virtual workplace
- [In my experience] poor general reliability of software
- Response to work-crippling bugs [I feel is] slow at best
- [In my opinion] lies about status of current issues with software
- [I feel] is more concerned with expanding features than fixing what's broken
- Different spaces for different sections of business.
- Task organizations and levels of tasks are all customizable.
- Time tracking isn't the greatest. It works, but definitely needs improvement.
- There's currently no option to add a subtask to a subtask, which we often need.
- Project management
- schedule things easily
- Integrate to other platforms
- chat option to text team members
- Project Management planning
- Client templates
- Public sharing to non-users
- Hard to think of any right now
- Task management.
- Internal communications.
- Project organization.
- Cannot track on a project level. Clickup is very task oriented
- Sometimes difficult to find things.
- Needs more flexible reporting. Customized reports would be great
- Better resource management
- It is easy to use and customize to suit our specific use case.
- It allows us to stay on track and keep track of progress of projects to meet our set deadlines.
- ClickUp is affordable as it manages all types of projects under one single platform eliminating the need of switching between apps.
- Our users were overwhelmed by the many features in the software.
- Manage complex projects
- All-in-one place to manage everything you want
- Personal Task Management
- Inbox System
- Mobile App
- Simplification (or not overcomplexification caused by to much features)
- Clean, intuitive UI
- Quick onboarding videos with initiatives
- Clever features, functionality and implementation
- It has an initial learning curve
- Some functionality such as spaces should be called with a more intuitive name
- At first a new user can feel overwhelmed
- It is effortless to use and allows us to organize all tasks.
- I like its interface; it is intuitive and gives a fascinating visualization to clarify searches for missed tasks.
- The support is excellent, excellent for complicated answers.
- The work structure is much better since I am using it.
- The price is what I don't like about this software.
- Plenty of pre-customized projects templates for small businesses.
- Strong enough capability for everyday workflow automation.
- Advanced customizing opportunities, especially when compared to the competition.
- Not-so-great mobile interface and opportunities.
- Some learning curve if you intend to really replace most of your company apps.
- Not advanced security settings outside of the most expensive plan.
- ClickUp allows you to set deadlines, assign tasks, and personalize spaces to suit the nature of your business.
- It offers a variation of views, meaning you can work from task lists, timelines, mind maps, and more!
- ClickUp allows you to embed and upload media. This is why I use it to plan my social media posts. I’m able to refer to other media that inspired me (e.g., a YouTube video)!
- ClickUp can be slightly tricky for the average new user. I stay up to date with technology; however, a new user might take a little while to pick it up.
- Pinning a view permanently shouldn’t be a paid feature.
- I don’t like the pricing structure; I feel there’s too high a price margin between packages with little difference in functionality.
- One-stop-shop w/ lots of features.
- Really powerful, fully developed tools.
- Consistent user experience across devices.
- Multiple view types and custom dashboards.
- Can have slow loading times.
- Some might find it too flexible.
- While documentation is good, features can be easily missed.
- Categorizes different topics
- Easy-to-use GUI interface
- Nice app
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Miss having the keyboard shortcuts for custom fields
- App could be a little more like the site
- Provide several task views depending on your needs
- Keep track of time budget and usage
- Migrating tasks from other platforms such as Jira is very easy
- Their feedback system is great and they are very open to suggestions
- Their support answers back quick and it is very helpful
- Custom fields automatization should be easier to use and should have more options
- The UI may be slow sometimes or not load the whole information
- Their docs system is not stable. We have lost some information using it
- Time tracking and estimation: Team members can estimate and track their time for each task in real time or go back and log time they may have forgotten to track earlier. Our team works in 2-week sprints and the estimation allows us to make sure no one is going to be overloaded in the upcoming sprint so that we can reassign work accordingly.
- Ease of use: Almost everything in clickup can be dragged/dropped so reordering tasks or projects to stay organized is super simple. Also, onboarding new team members is very easy with such a simple interface.
- Customizable statuses: ClickUp allows you to customize your statuses for tasks within a certain list. Many project management tools that I've used pigeon hole you into using their preset statuses. This is extremely helpful because we may need different statuses for tasks depending on the nature of the project.
- Attachments: I wish there was a simple way to move an attachment from one task to another. I have to do that a lot, and as it stands today, I have to download the attachment and then re-upload it to the new task.
- Ordering of projects: When you add a new project, it always appears at the bottom of the list of projects. I wish there was a simple way to sort your projects by certain criteria (alphabetically, etc.).
- Bugs: There's no function for adding bugs to a specific task. Our team utilizes the subtasks when we are going through QA, but it's not ideal.
- Alerts and notifications
- Native apps
- Time management
- Kanban view
- Easy assignment to sprints
- M365 Teams integration
- Content of email alerts
- The free version is quite capable and it offers most features that anyone would need from it.
- It has innovative improvements on a weekly basis.
- It's best for managing projects in a growing business.
- It's slightly complicated; you could provide tutorials.
- Makes it hard for clients to use it who are unaware of it
- Project management
- Great UX/UI
- Feature-rich product.
- Responsive support.
- Really hard to say. Our team made a few feature requests and all of them are live now.
- Project Management
- Task Management
- Document Management
- It can be overwhelming to use at first as there are so many features.
- All other issues I have had with ClickUp in the past have been fixed in updates.