Clockify Reviews

Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Keep track of your time for free and it is easy to use

Owning my own consulting business lets me select whatever solution I prefer. I needed a tool that would not only allow me to push start/stop to record hours, I also needed to report on a per project basis and know if that time was billable or not. I have a single client I invoice and I don't have invoicing software. So this is a tool to keep track of what project I'm working on, how long and a description so I can go back later and see what portion of the project I was working on. When any questions arise, I can search on specific date range and not only see the summary graph of hours, but the details below the graph of my descriptions for each project, if billable, tags I use and exactly what time of day I completed that task. Having these details gives me the confidence that what I decide to track is easily reported on in so many different ways. I could slice my data using tags, projects, billable, dates, clients. And this is just for myself. The reporting also helps me see where I've spent my time this past week, how many hours billable or not.
  • Clockify records exact times on a per project basis when you click Start/Stop.
  • User interface is very easy. It is easy to add a project on the fly, change the times I just recorded if I forgot to click Stop for example. The interface is intuitive and gives me the flexibility I need.
  • Reporting gives me everything I need from times, hours per project, billable or not, per client and any tags I've created. This provides enough flexibility for many different use cases.
  • Personally, I don't like the Windows app. It isn't as fast to respond to the Start/Stop button clicks so I found myself hesitating on changing screens for example. I didn't like having to think about if I should check if it is recording time or not. I use the web page and it is fast and accurate.
  • I could see people wanting a small separate browser window to keep the Start/Stop button. It looks best in the browser in nearly a full-size screen. It could look nicer/easier to use when shrunk to a smaller browser screen size. The ease of use for me and ability to add in a detailed description for a specific time period I just worked or am working on overrides the browser screen size. It is just a personal preference.
I have enjoyed being able to go back a week or two and see what I was working on. I spend a little extra time to write a detailed description as a reminder of what exactly I was working on with a specific project and client. That provides a log of my work. If a customer comes back and asks why I charged x hours, I have all my notes in a chronological order where I don't have to maintain a separate spreadsheet or document to track.

If you work on the same project all the time and just need to hit start/stop for how many hours you are working each day (billable by hour for example), you will need to see if you like the web interface or app for hitting start/stop as there is a lot about personal preference.
Read Quentin Goin's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Great software, hard to believe it is free. Very easy to use and reliable.

We used Clockify to track our billable hours so that we could invoice clients for our time. We can make a project for each client and put in the billable rates we have for each person. We really liked it because it was free, and then the paid versions with extra features were very low priced. We used the rounding feature for invoicing which is a must for us. The team members would have the Clockify chrome extension and they could easily indicate when they were working on a certain client. That information would automatically be tracked and we could use that to create invoices based off their billable rates that were tracked in Clockify. We used it for a while until we needed something with more built-in features.
  • Free & low-priced product.
  • Simple & easy to use.
  • It doesn't have a built-in invoicing feature, which is ultimately why we chose to switch to Harvest. That's honestly my only complaint.
I would definitely recommend Clockify to most companies who need a time tracker. Their free plan is great and well suited to most companies. It's also very easy to use, both with the browser extension or the mobile app.

The only downside is the lack f a built in invoicing feature. For most companies that's not an issue, but for us, since we use billable hours, it's a huge benefit to have our time tracking and invoicing in the same system so we don't have to manually bring over information and create invoices.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Jackson Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Great time tracking software

Clockify is a great way to track employee work time efficiently. Each of our company members would log in to the platform and track their work hours as they did them or when they were finished. This made it super easy for me, who was in charge of entering time for payroll. I would go into the reports section of the software, and it would automatically categorize each team member's time for the allotted pay period. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable time tracking software.
  • Super easy to use and implement.
  • Great Chrome extension for accurate time tracking.
  • I wish it had an invoice generation function
  • I wish it had screenshot capabilities
For smaller organizations, Clockify is a perfect time tracking software. It would be more challenging to use for larger companies with a lot of employees. The great thing about it is the free option works well and has a lot of the needed capabilities of other higher priced software. The Chrome extension is excellent as well.
Read Jackson Gordon's full review
April 11, 2020

Clockify: Time tracking and organization all in one

We used Clockify to track tasks and hours for each of our clients. Our whole organization used Clockify. It helped a lot with time management and tracking how long each employee took to complete each task.
  • Organize tasks for clients
  • Equally distribute workload for employees
  • Organization of categories
  • Could have more customizable options for separating jobs
Clockify is well suited for a company with multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Keeping on top of these and tracking employee time for each of the tasks is a great fit for Clockify. It might be less appropriate for someone who just needs to punch-in on a time card and count hours.

About Clockify

Clockify offers their free and unlimited time tracking tool for teams and freelancers, used to keep track of employee timesheets and billable hours, project progress, reports, and schedules. Track time using a timer or log hours manually in a timesheet.

The vendor states that Clockify is ideal for keeping track of what you're working on, attendance and PTO, and assigning logs to relevant projects and clients., as well as generating weekly, monthly & annual reports.

Clockify is available on web, mobile (iOS and Android), and desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux).