Easy time tracking

November 02, 2021

Time Well Spent

September 13, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Clockify, and make your voice heard!

Clockify Free

$0

forever, unlimited everything

Clockify Plus

per month, per workspace

Clockify Enterprise

per month, per user, per workspace

• Setup fee optionalOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://clockify.me/extra-features

What is Clockify?

Clockify offers their free and unlimited time tracking tool for teams and freelancers, used to keep track of employee timesheets and billable hours, project progress, reports, and schedules. Track time using a timer or log hours manually in a timesheet.

The vendor states that Clockify is ideal for keeping track of what you're working on, attendance and PTO, and assigning logs to relevant projects and clients., as well as generating weekly, monthly & annual reports.

Clockify is available on web, mobile (iOS and Android), and desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux).

Clockify Features

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Clockify?

Clockify, from COING in Palo Alto, is a time tracker and employee timesheet software for teams of all sizes. Clockify lets users track how much time is spent working on tasks, as well as keep track of employee timesheets and billable hours, project completion, reports, and schedules.

What are Clockify's top competitors?

Toggl, Harvest, and Hubstaff are common alternatives for Clockify.

What is Clockify's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.2.

Who uses Clockify?

The most common users of Clockify are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

November 30, 2021

Time Tracking Made Simple

David Beaulieu | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a remote-employee-based company with about 20 employees scattered across the US. We use Clockify to track our employees worked hours for payroll purposes. Because we do both billable and non-billable client work, we also track time for billable clients, so we can show the time worked on their accounts. Finally, we are using Clockify to improve our own time management by creating user-specific categories to track such things as reading/responding to email, attending internal meetings, training, and webinars, or other similar activities. By finding our biggest time-consuming categories over time, we can improve our productivity.
  • Time Tracking
  • Time Management
  • Useful for remote-based employees for payroll purposes.
  • Has mobile app, desktop app, and a website URL application, so it is very flexible.
  • No issues to report.
Clockify is well suited for remote-based employees so employers can track their time worked. It is great for tracking time for billable client work as well as non-billable work.
November 02, 2021

Easy time tracking

This us helps track hours spent on implementations across the business as well as tracking billable vs non-billable hours for monthyl reconcilliation
  • Time Tracking
  • Project Grouping
  • Making it simple to track time
  • starting and stopping the same task when interrupted
  • sometimes I have issues with the date picker and it makes tasks look like they take multiple days
  • the default filters on reporting are odd to me - it would be easier to always show last week for example
very well suited for companies that want to understand how long projects are taking to plan for the future as well as documenting billable hours by client
Maria Meade | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this as a tool for all of my freelance work. (social media, videography, photography, animation, etc). With clockify, I'm able to track my all of my hours for all of my projects in one place so I 1) don't have to use multiple platforms to track my work and 2) don't have to send time tracking to my clients but rather, a final invoice.
  • time tracking
  • reports
  • payout estimation
  • interface in general could be more user-friendly
  • there could be better organization across different " clients"
  • should be allowed to change rate for different tasks on free version
I would recommend this for someone who is a freelancer with multiple clients, but would not recommend to a company who has multiple employees doing the same job every single day. It'd be easier to have them clock in on one platform, like Square, for example, which automatically can take out taxes (for W9 employees)
September 13, 2021

Time Well Spent

My department (IT) and our Media department utilize Clockify. It is a great tool for us to see our time utilization across different projects and ministries that we support with our work. It helps us gauge employee time and how we can/need to use our time better to complete projects that are on our dockets.
  • time reporting
  • time clocking
  • project/client structuring
  • mobile app can be glitchy
  • would like to have multi-task tracking concurrently
  • more granular reporting
anyone who works with multiple projects or clients at any given time would be well suited to utilize Clockify. you can have projects on going and if you complete the project and will never be returning to it you can archive it and still have access to the data for reporting.
Clockify is a great way to track employee work time efficiently. Each of our company members would log in to the platform and track their work hours as they did them or when they were finished. This made it super easy for me, who was in charge of entering time for payroll. I would go into the reports section of the software, and it would automatically categorize each team member's time for the allotted pay period. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable time tracking software.
  • Super easy to use and implement.
  • Great Chrome extension for accurate time tracking.
  • I wish it had an invoice generation function
  • I wish it had screenshot capabilities
For smaller organizations, Clockify is a perfect time tracking software. It would be more challenging to use for larger companies with a lot of employees. The great thing about it is the free option works well and has a lot of the needed capabilities of other higher priced software. The Chrome extension is excellent as well.
I have never had an issue using Clockify or needed to reach out to support.
We used Clockify to track tasks and hours for each of our clients. Our whole organization used Clockify. It helped a lot with time management and tracking how long each employee took to complete each task.
  • Organize tasks for clients
  • Equally distribute workload for employees
  • Organization of categories
  • Could have more customizable options for separating jobs
Clockify is well suited for a company with multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Keeping on top of these and tracking employee time for each of the tasks is a great fit for Clockify. It might be less appropriate for someone who just needs to punch-in on a time card and count hours.
I dealt very little with customer support because Clockify is so easy to use. That being said, the few times I did, I got fast responses and any issues that I did have were solved in a very fast manner.
Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Owning my own consulting business lets me select whatever solution I prefer. I needed a tool that would not only allow me to push start/stop to record hours, I also needed to report on a per project basis and know if that time was billable or not. I have a single client I invoice and I don't have invoicing software. So this is a tool to keep track of what project I'm working on, how long and a description so I can go back later and see what portion of the project I was working on. When any questions arise, I can search on specific date range and not only see the summary graph of hours, but the details below the graph of my descriptions for each project, if billable, tags I use and exactly what time of day I completed that task. Having these details gives me the confidence that what I decide to track is easily reported on in so many different ways. I could slice my data using tags, projects, billable, dates, clients. And this is just for myself. The reporting also helps me see where I've spent my time this past week, how many hours billable or not.
  • Clockify records exact times on a per project basis when you click Start/Stop.
  • User interface is very easy. It is easy to add a project on the fly, change the times I just recorded if I forgot to click Stop for example. The interface is intuitive and gives me the flexibility I need.
  • Reporting gives me everything I need from times, hours per project, billable or not, per client and any tags I've created. This provides enough flexibility for many different use cases.
  • Personally, I don't like the Windows app. It isn't as fast to respond to the Start/Stop button clicks so I found myself hesitating on changing screens for example. I didn't like having to think about if I should check if it is recording time or not. I use the web page and it is fast and accurate.
  • I could see people wanting a small separate browser window to keep the Start/Stop button. It looks best in the browser in nearly a full-size screen. It could look nicer/easier to use when shrunk to a smaller browser screen size. The ease of use for me and ability to add in a detailed description for a specific time period I just worked or am working on overrides the browser screen size. It is just a personal preference.
I have enjoyed being able to go back a week or two and see what I was working on. I spend a little extra time to write a detailed description as a reminder of what exactly I was working on with a specific project and client. That provides a log of my work. If a customer comes back and asks why I charged x hours, I have all my notes in a chronological order where I don't have to maintain a separate spreadsheet or document to track.

If you work on the same project all the time and just need to hit start/stop for how many hours you are working each day (billable by hour for example), you will need to see if you like the web interface or app for hitting start/stop as there is a lot about personal preference.
I have not used Clockify support. I think that says a lot for the product as it is easy to use and just works. It works well and doesn't cost much per month to add more controls if required. Unlimited tracking, users, projects, reports which is cool: https://clockify.me/about-us.
  • no training
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Clockify to track our billable hours so that we could invoice clients for our time. We can make a project for each client and put in the billable rates we have for each person. We really liked it because it was free, and then the paid versions with extra features were very low priced. We used the rounding feature for invoicing which is a must for us. The team members would have the Clockify chrome extension and they could easily indicate when they were working on a certain client. That information would automatically be tracked and we could use that to create invoices based off their billable rates that were tracked in Clockify. We used it for a while until we needed something with more built-in features.
  • Free & low-priced product.
  • Simple & easy to use.
  • It doesn't have a built-in invoicing feature, which is ultimately why we chose to switch to Harvest. That's honestly my only complaint.
I would definitely recommend Clockify to most companies who need a time tracker. Their free plan is great and well suited to most companies. It's also very easy to use, both with the browser extension or the mobile app.

The only downside is the lack f a built in invoicing feature. For most companies that's not an issue, but for us, since we use billable hours, it's a huge benefit to have our time tracking and invoicing in the same system so we don't have to manually bring over information and create invoices.
I've got absolutely no issue with it and it's free. If it fits the company's needs, there's no better option to go with.