Close Reviews

Close is used exclusively by our intake department for managing our client leads. Our intake department uses it to manage contacts, send bulk emails to potential leads, and take notes regarding their interactions with the potential leads. It organizes and simplifies our communication workflow since the process is all centralized.
  • Organize all contacts with potential leads.
  • Bulk email to simplify communication process.
  • Difficult to understand and build search queries.
It is useful when you have a lot of contacts and need to organize those potential leads. You can categorize lead by custom labels such as based on their interest level. It is also useful if you have the capabilities of using it in combination with other software so that your leads are automatically added to the system when they complete intake forms. It is also useful if you have contacts across a lot of different contacts and need to have an easy way to remember which contacts are for which projects. It is also useful if you want to send bulk emails quickly and want to synchronize the software with your email. It wouldn't be as useful if you only had a few contacts or a single matter that you were managing.
Erik Zahnlecker | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team uses Close.io to manage our sales and BD pipelines. We're a small startup, so there's only two of us currently using it, but I can see how the value of the platform would scale with additional team members. It's clearly setup with leads, opportunities, and an inbox that is essentially one's action items for the day. Recently, Close.io added the ability to send email sequences, which we're leveraging now. Already seeing great value there as some leads don't respond until the 4th or later email.
  • Email sequences. Create and send a sequence of emails until the sequence finishes or the contact replies to your email. You can also pause the sequence manually.
  • Email sync. Syncs in real time with your email account, which is huge.
  • Zapier integration. We've automated a lot of our pipeline management through the Zapier integration. This saves us soooo much time.
  • I'd like it if I could customize the inbox so that only leads that meet my defined criteria show up on my to-do list. Instead, it's managed by Close and what they consider to be an action item.
  • The interface could use a face lift :)
Close.io is well suited for a sales organization who wants to track leads, make sure none slip through the cracks, move them into opportunities as discussions progress, and close new business. The simplicity of the platform is part of why it's powerful - it's full feature set can be easily understood and leveraged by even those without much training on the system. I'm not sure where Close.io would be less appropriate...
Read Erik Zahnlecker's full review
Joe Gatto | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Close.io to manage my phone calls, cold emails, and sales follow ups. It solves the problem of keeping a lot of leads and follow up sequences organized, and prevents them from falling through the cracks. It keeps me focused and helps me work efficiently and effectively. I can easily find where I left off with a particular prospect.
  • You can search for prospects by your activity & notes.
  • It helps automate the follow up process.
  • It ties cold emailing into a powerful CRM all in one portal.
  • Make it so one can set the time at which the emails go out.
  • Make it easier to set up my workflow.
Close.io is best for a small business sales team that has a lot of leads coming in consistently. It isn't good for a one man sales rep or soloprenuer because it has a lot of functionality & take time to set up. It's perfect for the forward thinking organization that knows it needs to rely on outbound selling, and is ready to support its sales team with a powerful tool like Close.io.
Read Joe Gatto's full review
Ryan McCarty | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our insidesales team utilizes it to work cohesively and ensure we are not having multiple people follow up with the same leads. Our sales staff also links in to see when follow ups have been done. It's a great tool to keep everyone on the same page as to where a lead/account is in the buying process.
  • Teamwork - Syncs all the emails sent to prospects to allow the whole team to stay on the same page
  • Templates - Solid template structure allows for customization options and variable fields.
  • Minor bugs? - Sometime when I'm replying to an account it attempts to send the email as a different user. Thankfully I've only missed it when sending internal emails!
I think Close works best with a broad team of reps working the same accounts. For us, we may have 3 different sales reps quoting different products on the same deal. It makes it much easier to track where everyone is in the process and how up to date the prospect is.
Read Ryan McCarty's full review

Close Scorecard Summary

Customer data management / contact management (4)
Workflow management (4)
Territory management (1)
Opportunity management (3)
9.2
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (4)
Contract management (1)
Interaction tracking (4)
9.4
Channel / partner relationship management (3)
9.6
Case management (3)
Call center management (3)
9.6
Help desk management (2)
Lead management (3)
Email marketing (3)
Task management (2)
Billing and invoicing management (1)
Reporting (1)
Forecasting (1)
Pipeline visualization (2)
Customizable reports (2)
Custom fields (4)
Custom objects (2)
Scripting environment (3)
API for custom integration (4)
9.4
Single sign-on capability (3)
Role-based user permissions (2)
Social data (1)
Social engagement (1)
Marketing automation (1)
Mobile access (1)

About Close

Close is a sales productivity platform built to help you close more deals. With built-in calling, SMS, and email—your team can communicate with prospects and customers all in one place. It’s an “all-in-one” platform which you can use standalone without needing any other sales emails tools or calling products.

Close is cloud-based, affordable, easy to learn and comes with straight-forward pricing, which makes it the perfect fit for small and midsize businesses. Plans start at $65/user/month.

Primary features include lead management, global calling management, 2-way email sync, and reporting. Other features include a built-in text messaging feature, sales pipeline view, email marketing tools, and predictive dialing. The software has an open API and offers integration with 50+ applications including Zapier, Zendesk, and Wufoo.

Support is offered via email, phone, online FAQ documentation, and a self-service knowledge base.

Close Screenshots

Close Competitors

Pipedrive, Freshsales, Salesforce

BASIC: The perfect sales starter kit. A modern CRM solution with built-in email sync, global calling, and SMS. $65/user/month. PROFESSIONAL: Sales automation for less. Automate your outreach with email sequences and the Power Dialer. $95/user/month. BUSINESS: Built for high-volume teams. Reach more leads than ever before with the built-in Predictive Dialer. $145/user/month. If you're considering using Close with 10+ users, please reach out to our Sales team directly to discuss your pricing and onboarding options. Save 15% with annual billing!

Close Technical Details