CloudApp Review: "Outstanding screen recorder software that has the potential to improve how you communicate with your team!"
- Ability to capture media: screenshots, GIFs and video (including webcam if you'd like)
- Automatically hosting the images, so these can be previewed by others (this saves *so* much space!)
- A generous freemium account which gives you a taste of what's possible
- Cool UI -- CloudApp is really pleasant to use, especially on iOS
- Great marketing!
- Great integrations with tools like Slack which automatically preview the screenshots!
- Can get buggy or slow to load when you have a large library of media saved
- The GIF/video capturing can bug sometimes when you are in full-screen mode, but I have a feeling that's connected with going over the limit of the freemium account 😅
- Take screenshots of "marketing done well" and industry news and share with the team on Slack.
- Take screenshots of essential information and store it in notes.
- Review short copy by taking a screenshot and using annotations to highlight where changes could be made.
- Review a website page by following the same steps above to highlight the desired structure to the product designer.
- Record a GIF of our new product feature to share in a newsletter or blog.
- Record a GIF to record a user journey and share with the support team.
- Record a short video to explain how to access/find stuff.
- Capturing screenshots is fast. Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, instant capture all make it so painless. Plus there's a desktop app and a browser extension so it's always accessible.
- Sharing captures is super fast. A link is auto-generated, added to your clipboard, you just go paste it in a Slack or email or on a forum or in a browser. It's so fast and seamless.
- While annotations are nice, editing features are lacking overall. You can't trim a screenshot or crop it once you've taken it, so you'd better be perfect with your capturing on the first try.
- The web library for managing your past captures is hellacious. There's no deleting mistakes, no real categorization like tags, and the drag and drop adding is glitchy at best.
- Instant selective screenshot or capture of charts and images
- Quick how-to videos with or without voice over
- Shortened links for every captured item
- Shareable links that automatically expand when posted to Slack
- Let me have some basic image filters and tools like adjusting brightness or greyscale
- Let me crop selectively to remove bits and the whole image
- Let me paste/add images to images and move them around
I will continue using this app as long as I’m working on a computer!
- Easy to use.
- Features that benefit my daily work.
- Learning curve is almost non-existent.
- Don’t need an account to view links.
- Text with outlines are hard to read.
- View count for an item counts my views, would prefer it omits my views.
- Limit for free monthly screenshots could be a little higher - but is generous enough for my use.
- When dealing with clients that are not experienced in navigating their chosen analytics platform CloudApp makes it extremely easy to take a quick snap shot and connect the dots via their useful editing tools.
- I have cut out so much back and forth misunderstandings with tech support departments at the many SAAS tools we use for our clients it hurts to think about how much lost time was lost before CloudApp.
- The ability to instantly store editable snapshots in the cloud is worth the price admission alone...
- There seems to be a problem with long video screen captures. I once attempted to video record the settings that I adjusted in the back-end of AdWords instead of taking so many screenshots. The 20 minute video never would show and it appears to have vanished. (I would really love to be able to retrieve that 20 min video)
- I think making the download to desktop but in a little more convenient would help speed up the user interface a bit. (at least for me it would)
- Would help me the most would be the ability to take several editable screenshots one after the other
- Allow for multiple editable windows to exist at the same time. (I hope that makes sense)
- There does not seem to be a way to take a screen grab of an entire webpage without scrolling down and taking multiple shots only to have to stitch them together in a program like Photoshop. I often have to use a separate screenshot program for this purpose.
CloudApp Review: "An incomplete and unstable product from a company that doesn't deliver on promised new features"
- It can take screen shots and store them in the cloud.
- It provides basic, but incomplete, tools for editing screen shots.
- The windows desktop version of this product is unstable and behaves erratically, with unexpected changes in image magnification and frequent complete crashes.
- The cloud-based version of this product lacks a few key features that were promised but which have never been delivered. The most important of those is cropping. From the day I purchased the product, I have asked for that feature and CloudApp has promised to deliver it, but they never have done so.
- It's quite simple and intuitive.
- Minimizes effort and irritation
- Saves time!
- I didn't give it 10 stars because unfortuneatly it fails every time I try to create a vid with it. My screen locks up / beach balling until I force quit the app.
- Unique URL to share as opposed to downloading a file.
- Annotate on the fly.
- Cross compatible with Mac and Windows - I use both.
- Sometimes processing a gif can take a while.
- I haven't found a way to do a scrolling capture, not sure if that feature exists.
This may not be appropriate for formal situations, but for your team and among the more casual clients, it should work just fine.
We also use this to show our engineering team how we replicate a bug which has been a great help.
- CloudApp in general is a great idea. Being able to show something happen provides much more than telling someone how to do the same thing with words.
- CloudApp being cloud based has allowed us to share videos with our engineering team much more often. Being limited in file size requirements has prevented us from sharing videos in the past. With CloudApp we simply get a link that takes them directly to the video, no uploading required.
- Being able to annotate screenshots has proven very useful as well. Having the ability to add arrows and text to point out a specific point in the screenshot helps our clients understand what we're looking at.
- I'd like to be able to edit a video. Often times I will get lost in my own words when recording. While there is a Pause button, it would be helpful to be able to trim small sections out where I may have tripped over my words.
It would be less appropriate in situations where your customer needs a walk through and has multiple questions. Also in situations where your customer is not tech savvy.
- Features to blur content
- A quick link generated with videos/images
- More integrations
- Being able to navigate between screens while recording
- Being able to choose with each image whether you want to copy the direct content or generate a link.
- take screenshot of a program
- record video visualizing testing scenario
- visualize feature introduced in the presentation to customer
- sometimes is takes time for the screenshot to get saved in the cloud - during this time it is not possible to drag&drop it (eg. to gmail or mattermost) and there is no clear indication when this is complete
- Excellent tool to quickly annotate a screenshot.
- Uploads all screenshots to the cloud with quick share links that are automatically copied into your clipboard for easy sharing.
- An easy tool to capture GIFs, particularly useful for sharing screen captures.
- Nothing to particularly add right now, the tool's pretty awesome so far
- I like that I have the option to take a video or gif.
- It's easy to access from my laptop while I'm working.
- I don't have to save the files and then upload them - I can just paste the link. It's really easy to use.
- I haven't run into any major problems so far.
CloudApp Scorecard Summary
CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support, sales, marketing).
Additionally, the vendor says CloudApp also makes it super quick and easy to share with others, whether you are a freelance designer, web developer, software engineer, customer service professional, or a startup founder. Every file the user creates is safely and securely stored in the cloud, and accessible via the vendor’s native Mac and Windows Apps, or shareable on the web through unique, secure and password protected cl.ly short links.
CloudApp Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||5%|
CloudApp Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CloudApp Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|