https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nu/GP/IZ25Z0O7VP6T.PNGOutstanding screen recorder software that has the potential to improve how you communicate with your team!CloudApp is the screen recording tool of choice for the marketing team and a few other employees at our company who currently use Jing. CloudApp is brilliant at taking screenshots, recording GIFs and video. I particularly love the Annotate function which saves us so much time when it comes communicating the changes that are required on marketing content and the user interface of our product.,Ability to capture media: screenshots, GIFs and video (including webcam if you'd like) Automatically hosting the images, so these can be previewed by others (this saves *so* much space!) A generous freemium account which gives you a taste of what's possible Cool UI -- CloudApp is really pleasant to use, especially on iOS Great marketing! Great integrations with tools like Slack which automatically preview the screenshots!,Can get buggy or slow to load when you have a large library of media saved The GIF/video capturing can bug sometimes when you are in full-screen mode, but I have a feeling that's connected with going over the limit of the freemium account 😅,10,CloudApp has improved communication between times and helped us create better content!,,HubSpot, Slack, AsanaStrong, Lightweight Capture and Sharing SolutionUse of CloudApp is not consistent across the organization, but we do recommend it to team members. It's a fast way to be able to share screenshots on Slack or via email by just pasting a link, rather than having to screenshot, save, attach and upload. The short GIF recording feature is also a lifesaver when you're trying to capture a bug or show someone how to do something, but don't want to get on a full-fledged screen share.,Capturing screenshots is fast. Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, instant capture all make it so painless. Plus there's a desktop app and a browser extension so it's always accessible. Sharing captures is super fast. A link is auto-generated, added to your clipboard, you just go paste it in a Slack or email or on a forum or in a browser. It's so fast and seamless.,While annotations are nice, editing features are lacking overall. You can't trim a screenshot or crop it once you've taken it, so you'd better be perfect with your capturing on the first try. The web library for managing your past captures is hellacious. There's no deleting mistakes, no real categorization like tags, and the drag and drop adding is glitchy at best.,8,There really hasn't been a clear ROI on the tool. However, many of our team members use the free version so there's also not much investment, which is a nice balance to strike.,CloudApp Saves My Business Time, Focus, Pain, and MoneyCloudApp is a low-friction, no-brainer way to instantly capture anything on my screen and share it via Slack or elsewhere, without using my own storage resources, saving the file, dragging attachments, or even having to copy before I paste. Before CloudApp, it was laborious to share thoughts, charts, quotes, price sheets, and other images live during a collaborative conference call, and a big production to make quick, 30-second walkthrus in answer to a how-to. Now it's easier to share than not to. Once I started using CloudApp, I couldn't do without it.,Instant selective screenshot or capture of charts and images Quick how-to videos with or without voice over Shortened links for every captured item Shareable links that automatically expand when posted to Slack,Let me have some basic image filters and tools like adjusting brightness or greyscale Let me crop selectively to remove bits and the whole image Let me paste/add images to images and move them around,10,It saves me roughly 2hrs/month in C-level labor. It saves resource costs for storing large images or images of varying and unpredictable sizes in communication tools. It speeds conversations, making them more effective, saving a few hours/month with other stakeholders.,Slack, Trello, Google App EngineDesigners + Developers Unite!I’ve been using CloudApp for personal and professional use for many years. As most of my work relates to translating web designs into dynamic web pages, screenshots are an easy way to share progress or issues I see in a super easy and quick way. Using the default key commands for Mac screenshots, CloudApp creates a hyperlink instantly to share. Has my coworker or client viewed the screenshot yet? CloudApp lets me know. Need to demonstrate a broken form page via screen recording? CloudApp helps with that too! Best part is doing quick markup of arrows or text to point to exactly what I’m talking about. CloudApp solves many moments that could lead to miscommunication. I will continue using this app as long as I’m working on a computer!,Easy to use. Features that benefit my daily work. Learning curve is almost non-existent. Don’t need an account to view links.,Text with outlines are hard to read. View count for an item counts my views, would prefer it omits my views. Limit for free monthly screenshots could be a little higher - but is generous enough for my use.,10,Quick communication of visuals.,Dropbox Business,Dropbox Business, Slack, BoxCloudApp = ROTI Return On Time InvestmentI personally use CloudApp to quickly show an annotated visual representation of a past, current or future conversation, issue or problem solve. I use it with prospects, clients and my employees.,When dealing with clients that are not experienced in navigating their chosen analytics platform CloudApp makes it extremely easy to take a quick snap shot and connect the dots via their useful editing tools. I have cut out so much back and forth misunderstandings with tech support departments at the many SAAS tools we use for our clients it hurts to think about how much lost time was lost before CloudApp. The ability to instantly store editable snapshots in the cloud is worth the price admission alone...,There seems to be a problem with long video screen captures. I once attempted to video record the settings that I adjusted in the back-end of AdWords instead of taking so many screenshots. The 20 minute video never would show and it appears to have vanished. (I would really love to be able to retrieve that 20 min video) I think making the download to desktop but in a little more convenient would help speed up the user interface a bit. (at least for me it would) Would help me the most would be the ability to take several editable screenshots one after the other Allow for multiple editable windows to exist at the same time. (I hope that makes sense) There does not seem to be a way to take a screen grab of an entire webpage without scrolling down and taking multiple shots only to have to stitch them together in a program like Photoshop. I often have to use a separate screenshot program for this purpose.,9,As a business owner the ROI of time savings is very difficult to calculate into dollars however Cloudapp has cut a conservative 40+% out of my having to explain issues in detail to my team. The ROI of time savings is due to the super easy any fast Retrieval of screenshots with notes pays for Cloudapp on its own. The reduction in text only miscommunication between our in-house and virtual team has sped up "accurately" completed tasks at least 30%,,Skype, Adobe Photoshop, Keynote Systems, Adobe Premiere Pro,1,5,First and foremost explaining in clear detail what exactly we are looking for when dealing with programmers outside of the US where verbal and text communication is challenged. Answering a support question from a team member via an annotated screenshot as opposed to several paragraphs within an email. Giving clients a visual representation of a problem that we have to deal with in the user interface of 3rd party program or service,Taking quick screen grabs of information during a life webinar. Taking snapshots of progress being made on a task. Entering an entire email of questions with just one annotated screenshot.,When CloudApp has the video capture portion of their tool working properly I'd like to answer questions via video and voice instead of screenshots only. As soon as CloudApp has the video capture portion of their tool working properly It would be nice to replace Screen Cast for the video screen capture that we do. I also think it be nice to take video screen captures of how to videos to share with my in-house and virtual team members.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,I'm not sure I understand this question 100% but I will answer what I think you are asking here. If I had to change my evaluation of Cloudapp I may give it a bit more praise in order to show my true appreciation for the tool. I hope Cloudapp understands no matter how great they make their tool it'll never be perfect to anybody and it done an amazing job so far. (My father says asshole clients like that won't be happy in heaven!) My only reasons for any feedback that may not sound like praise or appreciation is Inso that I may help Cloudapp destroy their current and future competitors.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Just at first knowing where to quickly launch the application on my Macintosh. Launching any app from within the application tab on a Mac can take too long. Luckily I stumbled across the Cloudapp icon in my very top toolbar Only at first understanding the +GIF and the +play icons and how they were different Getting the screen video record to work anyway I had assumed it would.,9,No,9,No,As mentioned, the forethought that went into the user interface itself qualifies as exceptional customer support being that there is virtually no need for customer support. it seems nowadays sass companies are pumping out virtually uncontested shelf hosted bot software that is adjusted on the fly as members complain about the poor quality and net effect.,The ability to retrieve past screenshots with a fairly good size thumbnail image The ability to annotate and highlight portions of the screenshot after it has been taken. - a.k.a. edibility The quick and easy access to the tool within my very top toolbar of my Mac OS operating system.,I believe the access to download a screenshot or video to my hard drive could be a bit easier. I am not sure if this has happened to other users but I have had trouble accessing screen capture videos. I've even had a very important one delete itself or at least not to be accessible to me anymore. I do believe it is extremely cumbersome having to take multiple screen grabs of a long webpage that require scrolling and then have to stitch them back together in a different program like Photoshop in order to annotate one image.,8
Windows, Mac
CloudApp

CloudApp Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

CloudApp
Filter 65 vetted CloudApp reviews and ratings
Veronika Baranovska profile photo
September 06, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Outstanding screen recorder software that has the potential to improve how you communicate with your team!"

• Ability to capture media: screenshots, GIFs and video (including webcam if you'd like)
  • Automatically hosting the images, so these can be previewed by others (this saves *so* much space!)
  • A generous freemium account which gives you a taste of what's possible
  • Cool UI -- CloudApp is really pleasant to use, especially on iOS
  • Great marketing!
  • Great integrations with tools like Slack which automatically preview the screenshots!
  • Can get buggy or slow to load when you have a large library of media saved
  • The GIF/video capturing can bug sometimes when you are in full-screen mode, but I have a feeling that's connected with going over the limit of the freemium account 😅
Personally, CloudApp ticks all the boxes when it comes to a screen recording and productivity tool. These are the most popular ways I use it (at work and home):
  • Take screenshots of "marketing done well" and industry news and share with the team on Slack.
  • Take screenshots of essential information and store it in notes.
  • Review short copy by taking a screenshot and using annotations to highlight where changes could be made.
  • Review a website page by following the same steps above to highlight the desired structure to the product designer.
  • Record a GIF of our new product feature to share in a newsletter or blog.
  • Record a GIF to record a user journey and share with the support team.
  • Record a short video to explain how to access/find stuff.
... and the list goes on!
Read Veronika Baranovska's full review
J.P. VanderLinden profile photo
December 15, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Strong, Lightweight Capture and Sharing Solution"

• Capturing screenshots is fast. Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, instant capture all make it so painless. Plus there's a desktop app and a browser extension so it's always accessible.
  • Sharing captures is super fast. A link is auto-generated, added to your clipboard, you just go paste it in a Slack or email or on a forum or in a browser. It's so fast and seamless.
  • While annotations are nice, editing features are lacking overall. You can't trim a screenshot or crop it once you've taken it, so you'd better be perfect with your capturing on the first try.
  • The web library for managing your past captures is hellacious. There's no deleting mistakes, no real categorization like tags, and the drag and drop adding is glitchy at best.
If you're a remote team or have remote clients and plan to be sharing images or short captures on a regular basis CloudApp is the best option I've found thus far. It's lightweight, focuses on doing one thing well, and makes "let me show you" come to life much more realistically.
Read J.P. VanderLinden's full review
Daniel DiGriz profile photo
November 29, 2018

Review: "CloudApp Saves My Business Time, Focus, Pain, and Money"

• Instant selective screenshot or capture of charts and images
  • Quick how-to videos with or without voice over
  • Shortened links for every captured item
  • Shareable links that automatically expand when posted to Slack
  • Let me have some basic image filters and tools like adjusting brightness or greyscale
  • Let me crop selectively to remove bits and the whole image
  • Let me paste/add images to images and move them around
CloudApp is a utility-level tool (essential)—as essential as copy and paste; as essential as bookmarking a URL. It should be a native app to an OS like Mac OSX. While it's not a high powered image management or image editing tool, its functions are about the fastest tasks we perform reflexively and repeatedly throughout the day. I have 5-7 calls per day and in 3 of those I'll share a search result, chart, image, image crop, or other image via CloudApp. It's too fast not to use—faster than explaining something, and far faster than download/right click/attachment options. Most of the time spent is waiting for the other person to get/open the email if they don't have Slack or a cell in hand to text them.
Read Daniel DiGriz's full review
Allie Fleming profile photo
August 13, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Designers + Developers Unite!"

I will continue using this app as long as I’m working on a computer!
  • Easy to use.
  • Features that benefit my daily work.
  • Learning curve is almost non-existent.
  • Don’t need an account to view links.
  • Text with outlines are hard to read.
  • View count for an item counts my views, would prefer it omits my views.
  • Limit for free monthly screenshots could be a little higher - but is generous enough for my use.
A bug on a web page can be easily captured with the screen recorder.
Read Allie Fleming's full review
Phillip Guye profile photo
June 25, 2018

Review: "CloudApp = ROTI Return On Time Investment"

• When dealing with clients that are not experienced in navigating their chosen analytics platform CloudApp makes it extremely easy to take a quick snap shot and connect the dots via their useful editing tools.
  • I have cut out so much back and forth misunderstandings with tech support departments at the many SAAS tools we use for our clients it hurts to think about how much lost time was lost before CloudApp.
  • The ability to instantly store editable snapshots in the cloud is worth the price admission alone...
  • There seems to be a problem with long video screen captures. I once attempted to video record the settings that I adjusted in the back-end of AdWords instead of taking so many screenshots. The 20 minute video never would show and it appears to have vanished. (I would really love to be able to retrieve that 20 min video)
  • I think making the download to desktop but in a little more convenient would help speed up the user interface a bit. (at least for me it would)
  • Would help me the most would be the ability to take several editable screenshots one after the other
  • Allow for multiple editable windows to exist at the same time. (I hope that makes sense)
  • There does not seem to be a way to take a screen grab of an entire webpage without scrolling down and taking multiple shots only to have to stitch them together in a program like Photoshop. I often have to use a separate screenshot program for this purpose.
I think CloudApp is most suited for people working within a team and looking to reduce the amount of miscommunication that commonly occurs within "text only" descriptions. I also think that Cloudapp is an amazing solution for easy cloud storage of desktop and online visuals where notes alone would skip too many smaller details, however CloudApp is no replacement for video screen capture in any way shape or form being that I had trouble with retrieving a video that only consisted of only 20 minutes of video screen capture.
Read Phillip Guye's full review
Nathan Weill profile photo
September 18, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Huge timesaver!"

We use CloudApp every single day to share screenshots with each other. Primarily to provide feedback on work and provide instructions to our clients on how to navigate online tools.
  • Screenshots
  • Customizing screenshots
  • Auto-save download would be a great feature.
Well suited for screenshots. Not so suited for capturing the screen on video.
Read Nathan Weill's full review
Elliott Porter profile photo
August 19, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Such a superb screenshot creating, sharing and annotating app"

The app is being used to create screenshots and instruction for our customers' WordPress websites.
  • Ease of creating screenshots
  • Ease of sharing
  • Ease of annotating
  • No improvements for us. It’s perfect as it is.
Extremely well suited for annotating and sharing screenshots
Read Elliott Porter's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
August 02, 2018

CloudApp Review: "An incomplete and unstable product from a company that doesn't deliver on promised new features"

We are a small custom web marketing and SEO firm. I purchased CloudApp to use personally when working with clients, creating screen shots for documentation or meetings, and for creating on-screen videos.
  • It can take screen shots and store them in the cloud.
  • It provides basic, but incomplete, tools for editing screen shots.
  • The windows desktop version of this product is unstable and behaves erratically, with unexpected changes in image magnification and frequent complete crashes.
  • The cloud-based version of this product lacks a few key features that were promised but which have never been delivered. The most important of those is cropping. From the day I purchased the product, I have asked for that feature and CloudApp has promised to deliver it, but they never have done so.
There are free apps that do a better job than CloudApp, so it is never the most appropriate solution in any situation.
Read Tim Colling's full review
James Kayten profile photo
June 21, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Perfectly simple - don't mess with it."

I use the app to communicate with technical support for CAD application issues. I also find it quick and efficient for screenshots delivery - much better than some other apps I've paid for.
  • It's quite simple and intuitive.
  • Minimizes effort and irritation
  • Saves time!
  • I didn't give it 10 stars because unfortuneatly it fails every time I try to create a vid with it. My screen locks up / beach balling until I force quit the app.
It's very useful for taking a series of events that lead up to some problem that needs to be clearly documented to explain! It's a simple app that does a few things well. Please don't keep 'improving' it until one must wade through all manner of cute but unneeded features
Read James Kayten's full review
August 06, 2018

CloudApp Review: "An easy way to share screenshots and quick screen recordings"

I use CloudApp to share and annotate screenshots, gifs, and recordings. The biggest problem it addresses is that whoever you're sharing your file with doesn't have to download it to their hard drive. This saves space, and that extra step of throwing a file in the trash that you're done viewing.
  • Unique URL to share as opposed to downloading a file.
  • Annotate on the fly.
  • Cross compatible with Mac and Windows - I use both.
  • Sometimes processing a gif can take a while.
  • I haven't found a way to do a scrolling capture, not sure if that feature exists.
Have you ever seen a design error on a site, a typo on the page, something a little wonky, but don't know how to explain it in words? With CloudApp, all you have to do is take a screenshot, make an annotation, and share. It's as simple as that. Or if you're reporting an error, and a developer wants the error to be recreated for documentation, you don't have to use a heavyweight screen recording software. You just record the issues and share - all in the cloud.

This may not be appropriate for formal situations, but for your team and among the more casual clients, it should work just fine.
Diep Bui profile photo
May 24, 2018

Review: "CloudApp makes tutorials creating become a fun task"

CloudApp is utilized by the eJOY content team. It helps us save time in composing tutorials to our English learners. We just take a screenshot, mark the focus area and then CloudApp does the rest for us. We don't have to store the file on our laptops as well. CloudApp stores it and sends me the link. So we just send the link to our learners and explain to them. Sometimes we create a GIF to illustrate a workflow. It's so convenient. I love CloudApp.
  • Extremely easy to annotate a screenshot
  • Fast & easy to create a GIF
  • No need to store any file on personal devices
  • I want to cut some screenshot in a GIF, but I can't figure out how to do it
I think CloudApp is best used when we create a guideline or app tutorials. It's also helpful when we need to explain something in a team, especially when the team is not at the same place. But it's not suitable for marketing materials as the marketing content needs to be attractive, polished.
Read Diep Bui's full review
Caleb McPherson profile photo
May 16, 2018

Review: "CloudApp saves me and my client's time."

CloudApp is something that we use throughout the organization. It is most often used by me to provide help to our clients. Showing them how to complete something on their site. It's much easier to show them than trying to explain it through an email or over the phone.

We also use this to show our engineering team how we replicate a bug which has been a great help.
  • CloudApp in general is a great idea. Being able to show something happen provides much more than telling someone how to do the same thing with words.
  • CloudApp being cloud based has allowed us to share videos with our engineering team much more often. Being limited in file size requirements has prevented us from sharing videos in the past. With CloudApp we simply get a link that takes them directly to the video, no uploading required.
  • Being able to annotate screenshots has proven very useful as well. Having the ability to add arrows and text to point out a specific point in the screenshot helps our clients understand what we're looking at.
  • I'd like to be able to edit a video. Often times I will get lost in my own words when recording. While there is a Pause button, it would be helpful to be able to trim small sections out where I may have tripped over my words.
CloudApp has been very useful for us. We had used a competitor in the past, however we ran into some compatibility issues with our OS X Products. We ended up leaving to go with CloudApp and everything has been great. I've tried pretty hard to come up with something negative around the product and I just can't find anything. It's great for what I need it for.
Read Caleb McPherson's full review
Michele Giordano profile photo
February 22, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Better overall solution than Droplr."

We use CloudApp for both internal communications and for communicating with clients. We also use CloudApp with another service based company I work with to create short videos and helpful tips on our software.
  • Quick grab and upload.
  • Works well with Windows.
  • Has nice annotation features and commenting abilities.
  • Gif quality could improve.
  • App crashed from time to time.
CloudApp is well suited for communications within your organization as well as with clients/customers. Cloud app makes it easy to quickly and visually show your customers the answers to the questions they are looking for. This is great when customers are emailing specific questions.

It would be less appropriate in situations where your customer needs a walk through and has multiple questions. Also in situations where your customer is not tech savvy.
Read Michele Giordano's full review
Whitney Burchill profile photo
May 29, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Cloud App :D"

Cloud app has been great for us. There are a lot of cool features that we haven't seen other screen recording or shots. Some things I would like to see is making it more simple to navigate between screens while recording and also being able to choose if we would like to copy the content or have the link.
  • Features to blur content
  • A quick link generated with videos/images
  • More integrations
  • Being able to navigate between screens while recording
  • Being able to choose with each image whether you want to copy the direct content or generate a link.
It is great for troubleshooting and bugs internally or communicating/training videos for customers. I think it might be less effective for a company or position that doesn't deal with these things.
Read Whitney Burchill's full review
Grzegorz Brzezinka profile photo
May 21, 2018

Review: "Whenever you make screenshot - save time using CloudApp!"

Take screenshots and short video recording visualizing features/bugs discovered during software development/testing.
  • take screenshot of a program
  • record video visualizing testing scenario
  • visualize feature introduced in the presentation to customer
  • sometimes is takes time for the screenshot to get saved in the cloud - during this time it is not possible to drag&drop it (eg. to gmail or mattermost) and there is no clear indication when this is complete
Whenever your employees waste time doing screenshots - CloudApp is for you!
Read Grzegorz Brzezinka's full review
June 05, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Great app, outstanding compared to others."

We all use CloudApp. We have an Enterprise account and we're all added there. We're all remote workers located all around the globe, so having a tool to share screenshots, gifs, screen recordings and all with a simple link is essential.
  • Uploads really fast
  • Share Gifs and screen recording, with camera and sound.
  • Edit screenshots (this is awesome)
  • Some uploads fail and they're not automatically re-uploaded
it's well suited to share screenshots from the computer, but not from the phone. It'd be great (now that we can't have shared clipboard between mac and iPhone) if you can have an iOS application to take a screenshot, upload it to the app and get the link just there, and use it in the mac.
May 28, 2018

User Review: "Cloudapp is perfect for screencapture"

I use it to take quick, shareable screenshots where I can quickly annotate and bring to attention certain parts I want to share with my colleagues. It makes uploading the screenshot to the cloud extremely fast and efficient and for quick sharing.
  • Excellent tool to quickly annotate a screenshot.
  • Uploads all screenshots to the cloud with quick share links that are automatically copied into your clipboard for easy sharing.
  • An easy tool to capture GIFs, particularly useful for sharing screen captures.
  • Nothing to particularly add right now, the tool's pretty awesome so far
This tool is useful for any industry or any person. If you need a quick tool to capture, annotate, and then share that capture, this tool is fast and efficient.
May 25, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Useful daily tool"

I use cloud app with my different clients to show items on their websites, social platforms, and emails.
  • I like that I have the option to take a video or gif.
  • It's easy to access from my laptop while I'm working.
  • I don't have to save the files and then upload them - I can just paste the link. It's really easy to use.
  • I haven't run into any major problems so far.
CloudApp works really well in team settings where you are reviewing a website or other marketing materials and want visuals to show specific examples. I have also found it easy to make notes on the screenshot to point out something. I prefer to use it when I'm not downloading the file to my computer because that takes an extra step, but it's not hard.
May 16, 2018

CloudApp Review: "Great assistance in creating software"

We use it with Trello to demonstrate development bugs and requests.
  • Snippets are easy to use and drop
  • Gifs are nice to add to know articles
  • Streamline video recording
  • Snips for Right click menu capture
Software and tehnical issues

About CloudApp

CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support, sales, marketing).

Additionally, the vendor says CloudApp also makes it super quick and easy to share with others, whether you are a freelance designer, web developer, software engineer, customer service professional, or a startup founder. Every file the user creates is safely and securely stored in the cloud, and accessible via the vendor’s native Mac and Windows Apps, or shareable on the web through unique, secure and password protected cl.ly short links.

CloudApp Features

Has featureGIF Capture
Has featureAnnotate Screenshots
Has featureVideo Screen Recorder
Has featureInstant File Sharing
Has featureSearch (By Object, Text, and Image)

CloudApp Screenshots

CloudApp Integrations

CloudApp Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Pro$101 Seat
Team$202 Seats

CloudApp Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

CloudApp Support Options