Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support, sales, marketing).
Additionally, the vendor says CloudApp also makes it super quick and easy to share with others, whether you are a freelance designer, web developer, software engineer, customer service professional, or a startup founder. Every file the user creates is safely and securely stored in the cloud, and accessible via the vendor’s native Mac and Windows Apps, or shareable on the web through unique, secure and password protected cl.ly short links.
- Supported: GIF Capture
- Supported: Annotate Screenshots
- Supported: Video Screen Recorder
- Supported: Instant File Sharing
- Supported: Search (By Object, Text, and Image)
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||5%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ability to capture media: screenshots, GIFs and video (including webcam if you'd like)
- Automatically hosting the images, so these can be previewed by others (this saves *so* much space!)
- A generous freemium account which gives you a taste of what's possible
- Cool UI -- CloudApp is really pleasant to use, especially on iOS
- Great marketing!
- Great integrations with tools like Slack which automatically preview the screenshots!
- Can get buggy or slow to load when you have a large library of media saved
- The GIF/video capturing can bug sometimes when you are in full-screen mode, but I have a feeling that's connected with going over the limit of the freemium account 😅
- Take screenshots of "marketing done well" and industry news and share with the team on Slack.
- Take screenshots of essential information and store it in notes.
- Review short copy by taking a screenshot and using annotations to highlight where changes could be made.
- Review a website page by following the same steps above to highlight the desired structure to the product designer.
- Record a GIF of our new product feature to share in a newsletter or blog.
- Record a GIF to record a user journey and share with the support team.
- Record a short video to explain how to access/find stuff.
- It's quite simple and intuitive.
- Minimizes effort and irritation
- Saves time!
- I didn't give it 10 stars because unfortuneatly it fails every time I try to create a vid with it. My screen locks up / beach balling until I force quit the app.
- It's intuitive to use.
- Provides easy gif/video creation.
- Has simple and straightforward sharing.
- The file size and quality of gifs could be improved.
You're likely not going to use CloudApp to create professional-quality screen sharing videos or gifs, but for quick shares with team members, prospects, customers, etc, I've never seen anything else as good or easy to use.
- Uploading screenshots/videos immediately and automatically to the cloud
- Automatically copying that cloud link so you can just paste it in an email
- Ability to edit the picture or video directly after taking it (ex. adding text, arrows, boxes, or circles)
- Ability to download with a single click on the Mac App, you have to click on the options button, then click download, then select where you want it saved. Too many clicks currently.
- Capturing screenshots is fast. Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, instant capture all make it so painless. Plus there's a desktop app and a browser extension so it's always accessible.
- Sharing captures is super fast. A link is auto-generated, added to your clipboard, you just go paste it in a Slack or email or on a forum or in a browser. It's so fast and seamless.
- While annotations are nice, editing features are lacking overall. You can't trim a screenshot or crop it once you've taken it, so you'd better be perfect with your capturing on the first try.
- The web library for managing your past captures is hellacious. There's no deleting mistakes, no real categorization like tags, and the drag and drop adding is glitchy at best.
- Instant selective screenshot or capture of charts and images
- Quick how-to videos with or without voice over
- Shortened links for every captured item
- Shareable links that automatically expand when posted to Slack
- Let me have some basic image filters and tools like adjusting brightness or greyscale
- Let me crop selectively to remove bits and the whole image
- Let me paste/add images to images and move them around
- Easy to use.
- Features that benefit my daily work.
- Learning curve is almost non-existent.
- Don’t need an account to view links.
- Text with outlines are hard to read.
- View count for an item counts my views, would prefer it omits my views.
- Limit for free monthly screenshots could be a little higher - but is generous enough for my use.
- When dealing with clients that are not experienced in navigating their chosen analytics platform CloudApp makes it extremely easy to take a quick snap shot and connect the dots via their useful editing tools.
- I have cut out so much back and forth misunderstandings with tech support departments at the many SAAS tools we use for our clients it hurts to think about how much lost time was lost before CloudApp.
- The ability to instantly store editable snapshots in the cloud is worth the price admission alone...
- There seems to be a problem with long video screen captures. I once attempted to video record the settings that I adjusted in the back-end of AdWords instead of taking so many screenshots. The 20 minute video never would show and it appears to have vanished. (I would really love to be able to retrieve that 20 min video)
- I think making the download to desktop but in a little more convenient would help speed up the user interface a bit. (at least for me it would)
- Would help me the most would be the ability to take several editable screenshots one after the other
- Allow for multiple editable windows to exist at the same time. (I hope that makes sense)
- There does not seem to be a way to take a screen grab of an entire webpage without scrolling down and taking multiple shots only to have to stitch them together in a program like Photoshop. I often have to use a separate screenshot program for this purpose.
- Customizing screenshots
- Auto-save download would be a great feature.
- Extremely easy to annotate a screenshot
- Fast & easy to create a GIF
- No need to store any file on personal devices
- I want to cut some screenshot in a GIF, but I can't figure out how to do it
We also use this to show our engineering team how we replicate a bug which has been a great help.
- CloudApp in general is a great idea. Being able to show something happen provides much more than telling someone how to do the same thing with words.
- CloudApp being cloud based has allowed us to share videos with our engineering team much more often. Being limited in file size requirements has prevented us from sharing videos in the past. With CloudApp we simply get a link that takes them directly to the video, no uploading required.
- Being able to annotate screenshots has proven very useful as well. Having the ability to add arrows and text to point out a specific point in the screenshot helps our clients understand what we're looking at.
- I'd like to be able to edit a video. Often times I will get lost in my own words when recording. While there is a Pause button, it would be helpful to be able to trim small sections out where I may have tripped over my words.
- Ease of creating screenshots
- Ease of sharing
- Ease of annotating
- No improvements for us. It’s perfect as it is.
- It can take screen shots and store them in the cloud.
- It provides basic, but incomplete, tools for editing screen shots.
- The windows desktop version of this product is unstable and behaves erratically, with unexpected changes in image magnification and frequent complete crashes.
- The cloud-based version of this product lacks a few key features that were promised but which have never been delivered. The most important of those is cropping. From the day I purchased the product, I have asked for that feature and CloudApp has promised to deliver it, but they never have done so.
- Quick grab and upload.
- Works well with Windows.
- Has nice annotation features and commenting abilities.
- Gif quality could improve.
- App crashed from time to time.
- Features to blur content
- A quick link generated with videos/images
- More integrations
- Being able to navigate between screens while recording
- Being able to choose with each image whether you want to copy the direct content or generate a link.
- take screenshot of a program
- record video visualizing testing scenario
- visualize feature introduced in the presentation to customer
- sometimes is takes time for the screenshot to get saved in the cloud - during this time it is not possible to drag&drop it (eg. to gmail or mattermost) and there is no clear indication when this is complete
- Excellent UI, easy to use and visually good.
- Very easy to create gifs and capture screens (that's what it's for!).
- Automatic upload is pretty useful.
- The file size can be restrictive at times, but easy to workaround.
- User workflow for images and gifs could be simplified.
- CloudApp makes taking GIFs, videos, and screenshots very quick and easy. Very little training was required for CloudApp because it is a straight forward tool.
- We love the feature that allows you to annotate images and videos to highlight certain areas. This is especially important in Support when explaining something to a customer.
- I like that CloudApp makes sharing files very easy. In just the click of a button, you can choose how you'd like to share a file with someone else.
- The one thing I can think of is making it easier to save images, videos, and GIFs to your desktop. This requires a few extra steps and it's typically easiest for me to pull an image directly from my desktop into an email or knowledge base article.
- Unique URL to share as opposed to downloading a file.
- Annotate on the fly.
- Cross compatible with Mac and Windows - I use both.
- Sometimes processing a gif can take a while.
- I haven't found a way to do a scrolling capture, not sure if that feature exists.
This may not be appropriate for formal situations, but for your team and among the more casual clients, it should work just fine.
- Uploads really fast
- Share Gifs and screen recording, with camera and sound.
- Edit screenshots (this is awesome)
- Some uploads fail and they're not automatically re-uploaded
- Excellent tool to quickly annotate a screenshot.
- Uploads all screenshots to the cloud with quick share links that are automatically copied into your clipboard for easy sharing.
- An easy tool to capture GIFs, particularly useful for sharing screen captures.
- Nothing to particularly add right now, the tool's pretty awesome so far
- I like that I have the option to take a video or gif.
- It's easy to access from my laptop while I'm working.
- I don't have to save the files and then upload them - I can just paste the link. It's really easy to use.
- I haven't run into any major problems so far.