CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success,...
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of CloudApp, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support, sales, marketing).
Additionally, the vendor says CloudApp also makes it super quick and easy to share with others, whether you are a freelance designer, web developer, software engineer, customer service professional, or a startup founder. Every file the user creates is safely and securely stored in the cloud, and accessible via the vendor’s native Mac and Windows Apps, or shareable on the web through unique, secure and password protected cl.ly short links.
- Supported: GIF Capture
- Supported: Annotate Screenshots
- Supported: Video Screen Recorder
- Supported: Instant File Sharing
- Supported: Search (By Object, Text, and Image)
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||5%|
- It can do screen recording with and without audio, whether it is device audio or external.
- We can use this as a file-sharing system because here we can upload large files and share them with our team members.
- While sharing any file we can embed them as well.
- While embedding we are not getting more automatic options for customization.
- Screen recording
- Taking screenshots
- File management
- Sharing screenshots/screen recordings with clients
- Pricing for individuals should be more competitive
- Lack of support forum where users could help each other
- The recording trimmer is awful
- Cropping the images: allows what I need people to focus on be front and center
- Arrows: I almost always point to something important that needs to be highlighted
- The Chrome extension makes CloudApp easily accessible. All I have to do is just click on the extension, and I'm there.
- Automatic log out: this issue is newer. Any time I wish to use the app, I have to spend time to log back in. This can be time consuming, especially when I'm in a hurry, and just want to take a quick screenshot
- Can no longer use my keyboard shortcut: I used to be able to just hit print screen on my keyboard, and then take a screenshot; this was my favorite way to use the CloudApp, and now I'm not able to do so.
- The Downloaded desktop app: I have had to download the desktop app shortcut several times, because after I'm logged out, it stops working. I have since stopped using this option; it doesn't work.
- Capturing specific contents in video format instead of getting recorded the whole screen
- Editing the videos and screenshots which is helpful in terms of sharing contents in online presentations or meetings with client
- Getting more customized settings while uploading or editing screenshots to look the content more readable
- The use of feature to Annotate is bit confusing and need to be well explained and detailed documented
- Lots of updates receiving when download the app and used, So update must be come at particular time
- I had to reinstall the app whenever the app getting crashed. I did it once
- UI design.
- Ease of use.
- Ability to capture media: screenshots, GIFs and video (including webcam if you'd like)
- Automatically hosting the images, so these can be previewed by others (this saves *so* much space!)
- A generous freemium account which gives you a taste of what's possible
- Cool UI -- CloudApp is really pleasant to use, especially on iOS
- Great marketing!
- Great integrations with tools like Slack which automatically preview the screenshots!
- Can get buggy or slow to load when you have a large library of media saved
- The GIF/video capturing can bug sometimes when you are in full-screen mode, but I have a feeling that's connected with going over the limit of the freemium account 😅
- Take screenshots of "marketing done well" and industry news and share with the team on Slack.
- Take screenshots of essential information and store it in notes.
- Review short copy by taking a screenshot and using annotations to highlight where changes could be made.
- Review a website page by following the same steps above to highlight the desired structure to the product designer.
- Record a GIF of our new product feature to share in a newsletter or blog.
- Record a GIF to record a user journey and share with the support team.
- Record a short video to explain how to access/find stuff.
- It's quite simple and intuitive.
- Minimizes effort and irritation
- Saves time!
- I didn't give it 10 stars because unfortuneatly it fails every time I try to create a vid with it. My screen locks up / beach balling until I force quit the app.
- Excellent UI, easy to use and visually good.
- Very easy to create gifs and capture screens (that's what it's for!).
- Automatic upload is pretty useful.
- The file size can be restrictive at times, but easy to workaround.
- User workflow for images and gifs could be simplified.
- It's intuitive to use.
- Provides easy gif/video creation.
- Has simple and straightforward sharing.
- The file size and quality of gifs could be improved.
You're likely not going to use CloudApp to create professional-quality screen sharing videos or gifs, but for quick shares with team members, prospects, customers, etc, I've never seen anything else as good or easy to use.
- Uploading screenshots/videos immediately and automatically to the cloud
- Automatically copying that cloud link so you can just paste it in an email
- Ability to edit the picture or video directly after taking it (ex. adding text, arrows, boxes, or circles)
- Ability to download with a single click on the Mac App, you have to click on the options button, then click download, then select where you want it saved. Too many clicks currently.
- CloudApp makes taking GIFs, videos, and screenshots very quick and easy. Very little training was required for CloudApp because it is a straight forward tool.
- We love the feature that allows you to annotate images and videos to highlight certain areas. This is especially important in Support when explaining something to a customer.
- I like that CloudApp makes sharing files very easy. In just the click of a button, you can choose how you'd like to share a file with someone else.
- The one thing I can think of is making it easier to save images, videos, and GIFs to your desktop. This requires a few extra steps and it's typically easiest for me to pull an image directly from my desktop into an email or knowledge base article.
- Capturing screenshots is fast. Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, instant capture all make it so painless. Plus there's a desktop app and a browser extension so it's always accessible.
- Sharing captures is super fast. A link is auto-generated, added to your clipboard, you just go paste it in a Slack or email or on a forum or in a browser. It's so fast and seamless.
- While annotations are nice, editing features are lacking overall. You can't trim a screenshot or crop it once you've taken it, so you'd better be perfect with your capturing on the first try.
- The web library for managing your past captures is hellacious. There's no deleting mistakes, no real categorization like tags, and the drag and drop adding is glitchy at best.
- Instant selective screenshot or capture of charts and images
- Quick how-to videos with or without voice over
- Shortened links for every captured item
- Shareable links that automatically expand when posted to Slack
- Let me have some basic image filters and tools like adjusting brightness or greyscale
- Let me crop selectively to remove bits and the whole image
- Let me paste/add images to images and move them around
- Customizing screenshots
- Auto-save download would be a great feature.
- Easy to use.
- Features that benefit my daily work.
- Learning curve is almost non-existent.
- Don’t need an account to view links.
- Text with outlines are hard to read.
- View count for an item counts my views, would prefer it omits my views.
- Limit for free monthly screenshots could be a little higher - but is generous enough for my use.
- Unique URL to share as opposed to downloading a file.
- Annotate on the fly.
- Cross compatible with Mac and Windows - I use both.
- Sometimes processing a gif can take a while.
- I haven't found a way to do a scrolling capture, not sure if that feature exists.
This may not be appropriate for formal situations, but for your team and among the more casual clients, it should work just fine.
- It can take screen shots and store them in the cloud.
- It provides basic, but incomplete, tools for editing screen shots.
- The windows desktop version of this product is unstable and behaves erratically, with unexpected changes in image magnification and frequent complete crashes.
- The cloud-based version of this product lacks a few key features that were promised but which have never been delivered. The most important of those is cropping. From the day I purchased the product, I have asked for that feature and CloudApp has promised to deliver it, but they never have done so.
- When dealing with clients that are not experienced in navigating their chosen analytics platform CloudApp makes it extremely easy to take a quick snap shot and connect the dots via their useful editing tools.
- I have cut out so much back and forth misunderstandings with tech support departments at the many SAAS tools we use for our clients it hurts to think about how much lost time was lost before CloudApp.
- The ability to instantly store editable snapshots in the cloud is worth the price admission alone...
- There seems to be a problem with long video screen captures. I once attempted to video record the settings that I adjusted in the back-end of AdWords instead of taking so many screenshots. The 20 minute video never would show and it appears to have vanished. (I would really love to be able to retrieve that 20 min video)
- I think making the download to desktop but in a little more convenient would help speed up the user interface a bit. (at least for me it would)
- Would help me the most would be the ability to take several editable screenshots one after the other
- Allow for multiple editable windows to exist at the same time. (I hope that makes sense)
- There does not seem to be a way to take a screen grab of an entire webpage without scrolling down and taking multiple shots only to have to stitch them together in a program like Photoshop. I often have to use a separate screenshot program for this purpose.
- Uploads really fast
- Share Gifs and screen recording, with camera and sound.
- Edit screenshots (this is awesome)
- Some uploads fail and they're not automatically re-uploaded
- Features to blur content
- A quick link generated with videos/images
- More integrations
- Being able to navigate between screens while recording
- Being able to choose with each image whether you want to copy the direct content or generate a link.
- Excellent tool to quickly annotate a screenshot.
- Uploads all screenshots to the cloud with quick share links that are automatically copied into your clipboard for easy sharing.
- An easy tool to capture GIFs, particularly useful for sharing screen captures.
- Nothing to particularly add right now, the tool's pretty awesome so far
- I like that I have the option to take a video or gif.
- It's easy to access from my laptop while I'm working.
- I don't have to save the files and then upload them - I can just paste the link. It's really easy to use.
- I haven't run into any major problems so far.
- Extremely easy to annotate a screenshot
- Fast & easy to create a GIF
- No need to store any file on personal devices
- I want to cut some screenshot in a GIF, but I can't figure out how to do it
- take screenshot of a program
- record video visualizing testing scenario
- visualize feature introduced in the presentation to customer
- sometimes is takes time for the screenshot to get saved in the cloud - during this time it is not possible to drag&drop it (eg. to gmail or mattermost) and there is no clear indication when this is complete