We used Cloudera Manager to quickly deploy our ZooKeeper, Hadoop, and Accumulo clusters via a Python script. It is being used by a section …
Our organization utilizes Cloudera Manager to aid in the deployment and configuration of our Hadoop cluster for end users. Our end users …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cloudera Manager, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Cloudera Manager is a management application for Apache Hadoop and the enterprise data hub, from Cloudera.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We used Cloudera Manager to quickly deploy our ZooKeeper, Hadoop, and Accumulo clusters via a Python script. It is being used by a section of our DOD customer. It allows our customer to easily monitor, deploy, and manage their cloud services using an easy to use web UI.
- Cloudera Manager has an easy to use web GUI. You can start and stop cluster and services. It will start and stop services in a cluster in the right order. You can monitor the cluster, services, and physical host hardware as well.
- Cloudera Manager has an easy to use API that allows us to create scripts to automate deployment process.
- Cloudera Manager has an option to add additional services that you could manage via the web GUI.
- Cloudera Manager needs to be more agile with integrating other applications, such as Accumulo 1.7, to their software.
- Cloudera Manager can do a better job at explaining why a node fails to add to a cluster using their assistant.
- Cloudera Manager should show graphs only when there is data, instead of showing just an empty box.
It would be suited for customers who feel more comfortable with using a GUI. It is less appropriate for developers or engineers who are comfortable with command line.
Our organization utilizes Cloudera Manager to aid in the deployment and configuration of our Hadoop cluster for end users. Our end users aren't fully trained to utilize Hadoop or its ecosystem projects and do not favor utilizing the Linux CLI, so we've incorporated Cloudera Manager into our deployment to assist them with deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Hadoop.
- Graphical user interface
- Management of third party applications start/stop/restart functionality through framework
- Support of Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to do "rolling restarts"
- Support for third-party Python APIs within Cloudera Manager extension framework
- Providing more reporting/logging functionality as part of the open source distribution
- Support for the latest RHEL versions sooner in the release lifecycle
Cloudera Manager is well suited for environments and deployments where the administrator user base is not well versed in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem or the Linux command line interface.