Reviews (1-25 of 85)
- Easy to add/edit vendors and business partners
- Quick search through AP invoices
- Tracing a transaction is well made
- Entering a code of the vendor instead of the company name while recording an invoice takes time and seems counter intuitive
- Editing an invoice created through Image Management on the AP side is limited to description and address field. When changing the rest (invoice# or a date or an amount) - the whole trace of who entered/submitted/approved disappears. The way it works now is: deleting an invoice from the batch, locating it through Registry/invoice search, unsubmitting it, making changes, submitting, adding back to batch - time consuming
- In Multiple distribution pop up window, when entering a new invoice, I'd make the field "Company" to be autofilled once "Job" is entered. It takes time to memorize what job number belongs to what company.
- There is only web version available and it is limited compare to a desktop client. For instance I can only make one change at a time and save it. Multiple changes don't get saved in one click
- It scales well.
- CMiC has a strong user base
- There are many workflows available for you to choose from
- Support has been traditionally sub par
- The customer is not often treated like a partner
- New releases are not tested throughly
Using CMiC to help administer our projects allows the office and field to consistently be on the same page. Daily information is being constantly updated and it helps keep the flow of information in one, reliable place. In an industry that's almost gone paperless, it's key to keep all the project information in an online file that can be accessed by all members of the project team.
CMiC is a very robust program and we haven't explored all of the modules that are available to us at this point.
- Opportunities for Maximum Collaboration
- Breadcrumb Trails for Documentation
- Multiple Integrations with Other Programs
- Multiple Reporting Options for Real Time Information
- Mobile Applications
- Customization Opportunities for Current and/or New Templates
- Support System, Portal, & Accessibility
- Security Flags & Setup
- Some Areas are Hard to Use
The people that work in support are friendly and knowledgeable, but the overall delivery could be improved.
- It integrates many aspects of project management into one location.
- It produces easy to understand reports that incorporate financial aspects of the project so that costs and profit can be calculated in real-time rather than as a lagging indicator.
- Document management is housed within the project, reducing the number of locations and the need for additional cloud storage to maintain project documentation.
- CMiC customer assistance is prompt and helpful.
- We are new to CMiC and the setup was a little difficult for us. It would be helpful to know what kind of information we need to input prior to a live training session so that we have real data to use.
- Our initial implementor seemed lost because of the software version update. Better communication from CMiC to the vendors who sell it in the US may be a good idea.
- All of our training sessions are done remotely, which can be tedious and difficult to follow when the sessions are so long. Less than four hours may help the information be absorbed--maybe 2-hour long training sessions over a greater number of days.
- Data tracking.
- Installation and setup.
- Tech support.
- Glitches and error fixing in a timely manner.
- Custom document folder options.
- User friendly platform.
- Streamlined collaborator viewing/use.
- Customer support.
- More urgency in fixing ongoing issues.
- Single point of contact, you require it of your client but don't provide it.
- Direct support access for all users, including collaborators.
- Project financial forecasting: has good ability to manage all costs from one screen which is a great time saver and gives you the ability to see the effects of your changes real-time.
- Invoice review and approval gives you the ability to review the data and actual invoice (PDF) and make real time changes as necessary.
- Production of various reports that relate to the content they were created from.
- Accessing different projects as if you were in a data base is troublesome. Running server queries and constantly having to type in your project is time consuming.
- When creating timesheets, I don't have the ability to copy lines that I've already created. I'm forced to start from scratch on every line which is time-consuming. I also don't have a function to copy previous timesheets when I know the information from the previous week will be the same as the current week I'm about to populate.
- In the forecasting and financial modules, CMiC can get quite glitchy with the internet platform. I run Firefox and Google. What happens is the financial matrix on the screen starts to detach itself, meaning when you scroll on the screen some of the columns move and others don't. The information becomes misaligned and you have to back out and start again.
- CMiC very much needs a way to customize meeting minutes. It's very very troublesome to group topics or add subject matter to a new item to an existing topic. The UI should be more fluid and usable so the user can add lines where ever they need to and have the item number expand to incorporate that.
- Customer service really likes to argue and debate issues we have. The attitude they have is that CMiC is correct and the user is the issue. We have had several issues especially in payroll where things were wrong. We were forced to created case studies over time to prove the point. This seems exactly the opposite of the purpose of customer service.
- The budget process for jobs is exceptional at keeping track and modifying when needed.
- The mobile feature is exceptional to use in tracking employees.
- ECM utilization with drawing management is phenomenal at modifying updating and notating changes/comments.
- Financial Position in the CMiC analytics is a helpful tool
- Importing documents: some of the templates are not functioning correctly
- Security: too many areas and not one source for control
- Integration of disciplines across the enterprise.
- Strong support for payroll, especially union payroll.
- Wide variety of third-party applications, such as Kofax, DocuSign, Vertex tax, etc.
- Reporting and analytics could be improved. We have had to develop all of our own.
- Obtaining application support is cumbersome and time consuming.
- Very limited web-based standard training and inline help assistance.
Support after is adequate but is slow on critical items requiring help from management at CMiC to get the issues across the finish line.
- Job cost forecasting/budget forecasting
- Ball-in-court reminders
- Invoice approval/coding
- Ease of inputting change orders/PCIs
- Glitches need constant fixing
- Remove fillable fields when not needed/used
- Help boxes on windows
- Not opening up new tabs/windows for everything in background
- Shop drawing numbering is cumbersome at best. Ability to label as you want to would be better.
It handles costs, payables, sub-contractors, payroll, and the list goes on & on.
- Real-time information from field to finance
- User interface needs to be simplified to speed up entry
- Support has simply got to improve in all areas
- Drag and drop functionality needs to be added to project controls
- Emailing directly from the software and allowing for replies to be recorded is crucial
- Ability to see your GL entries in bank reconciliations
- Allowing one cheque per vendor when they are on numerous projects
- Being able to see all invoices awaiting approval by Project Manager
- GPS on time tracking app for people in the field
- Accounting and budget would be the only strength I see.
- Submittals - Platform is not friendly, should have autofill instead of looking up everything. The ball in court is confusing. Should be able to markup submittals from within CMIC, stamp and send to architect for response.
- RFI - you should be able to create a revision, again, not friendly, please look at Procore platform and try to go after what they are doing.
- Meeting Minutes are complicated, cannot send them out from CMIC.
- Drawings are not a tab only a document. Drawings should be able to be marked up and have items linked and once published everyone should be able to see it.
- Accounts payable image workflow is nice once in place.
- The ability to export to Excel just about any screen of data is very useful.
- Pretty easy to "pickup" without a ton of training.
- Support is REALLY frustrating!
- On any given day, usually following an update, the system has some serious consistency and accuracy issues.
- Expensive and they hit you with all kinds of nickel and dime add-ons.
- Same database of information between field and financials
- No need to import/export information from one side to the other
- Allows subcontracts to bill for themselves
- Reduces double-entry of work
- Cloud software is clunky and sometimes slow or offline
- Too many options in many places, not enough in others
- Tries to do too many things, but does few of them well
- Database is user friendly
- Submittals and RFI log is easy to use
- Daily log journals
- Installing pictures into the log does not work most of the time
- CMiC mobile field app does not always work and has error messages frequently
- Reports: Mainly change order reports, this is great to present to our clients on a weekly basis.
- Budget upload and ease of transferring costs from one cost code to another.
- Forecasting: the monthly cost report never matches the forecasting, and it is very difficult to figure out where you went wrong in your forecasting to correct these errors.
- Once you enter a change order field (i.e 91002), if you entered any wrong information while "adding a new" change order type, you cannot go back and correct it.
The Field Module serves to consolidate information and facilitate communication between stakeholders. The E-Time Module is used to enter hours worked per project.
- E-Time Entry allows a simple task to be performed, with data entry possible by approved stakeholders.
- Field provides a platform to share communication with all approved stakeholders. Access can be limited as appropriate. There is a lot of flexibility to use a large number of modules within Field.
- It is possible to share the information via email with a pre-approved user list.
- The application is not always intuitive. I would recommend an on-line user guide and potentially an on-line training module.
- E-Time Entry should open to the current date, rather than have an extra step to select the current date.
- "Field," if it does not already have the capability, should allow "Project Users" (my sub-trades) to access selected aspects of the module, rather than just receive emails about the activity.
- "Field" allows a user to enter RFIs. When entering the question, it should be possible to paste an image (.jpg, PDF, etc.) into the body of the question.
- "Field" should have a feature to automatically follow up on "unanswered questions", with the follow-up date selectable.
Part of the difficulty is that in the construction industry there are so many stakeholders from different companies that they do not all have access to the platform and not all are technically limited.
-redundancy of data entry
-chance of errors
-produces timely reports
-standardizes our procedures
-most things are pretty easy to learn, however there are certain parts of the system that are not intuative
-not all error messages are clear
-a lot of the reports that we need to create/alter cannot be done using MIP, and it can be quite costly, and the turn around time is very slow
Despite the cons, I would still give CMiC a 7.5/10. All ERP systems will have their drawbacks, the important thing is that the positives outweigh the negatives, and I believe CMiC easily does that.
- Tracks Financial Health
- Fully integrates Finance and Project Delivery
- Allows for collaboration through IO email with Third Parties
- Reduces data entry
- Adds the perfect level of controls
- Issues can take some time to be fixed
- Customization can be expensive
- Not user "friendly" - takes time to learn
- Error messages are not always clear
It also works best it you have a dedicated CMiC team to help roll out and support users.
- Submittal sand RFI: CMiC does a great job of allowing submittals and RFI to be submitted, reviewed and tracked.
- CMiC provides a great platform for creating meeting minutes.
- Cost management: CMiC is great for managing the the overall budget for a project.
- Change Orders: creating and tracking change orders in CMiC can be a little clunky, for example when a potential change item is added to a change order it does lock it out from being selected for a different change order.
- Transmittal: there is a lot of information on the transmittal sheet that we don’t use.
- Setting up the architect to be able to review submittals and RFIs was difficult and it took a few weeks to work out the bugs.
- CMiC has really good costumer service
- CMiC is constantly trying to evolve to meet the new and everyday needs
- Willingness to collaborate with users on how they can improve
- They provide a wide array of useful tools
- The ability through the cloud to work from anywhere
- Depending on what module you are in, there are a lot of issues with continuity. It appears that each screen was designed by a different programmer and there wasn't a basic structure to follow. The save button on one screen is at the top and on another it is on the bottom. Then on other screens the save button is called "process". Also on most date entry fields, you can enter the date as MMDDYY but on others, you have to do YYYY-MM-DD. I would really like them to make things consistent through all of the modules. It makes training new employees more difficult when there isn't consistency.
- Ease to export report in different formats.
- Easy to analyze cost to complete forecasts.
- Variety in the reports.
- Lack of general overview project report compiling project information from different departments (Let's say total RFPs or number of outstanding punch list items, or projected cost-profit vs bid profit, etc.).
- Lack of notification system.
- Lack of auto-generated reports and emails.
- Lack of speed on certain pages (Forecasting screen or large queries takes a while to load).
CMiC Construction Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is CMiC Construction Platform?
CMiC aims to provide companies with an intelligent construction platform.Purpose-built for the construction industry, the CMiC construction platform offers a suite of software applications that power E&C businesses for a broad range of customer segments. From financials & accounting, managing human & capital assets, to ensuring efficient project management for flawless project delivery, CMiC promises to help deliver value to your clients.
CMiC software is architected on a single database platform that offers companies and users benefits such as a single source of truth for all business needs, streamlined workflows across the enterprise, the ability to run analytics to visualize data, and a consistent user experience. The single database platform for construction aims to enable all the different modules to connect seamlessly and allows data to move freely. This helps provide simplified workflows, visibility & transparency and better decision making for construction executives.
CMiC Construction Platform Screenshots
CMiC Construction Platform Videos (2)
Watch What does CMiC’s construction software do? How does it deliver value to construction firms? Watch this introductory video to learn how CMiC can help your business optimize productivity, minimize risk and drive growth.
Watch How can you ensure that your construction firm is maximizing the value and output of your full construction crew? Watch this short video, which introduces solutions to these challenges, and download the eBook 5 Factors that Distinguish a High-Performance Construction Field Solution to learn more!
CMiC Construction Platform Downloadables
- When employing construction management software such as CMiC, construction companies can take advantage of accounting features purpose-built for their industry. CMiC Accounting & Financial Controls manages key aspects of the financial puzzle, including budgeting, GL, AP/AR and forecasting. Read our solution brief to know more...
- CMiC FIELD is the hub of project management & collaboration. It unifies teams at the job site and enables them to co-ordinate on-time, on-budget project delivery. Read our solution brief to know how FIELD helps you manage RFIs, submittals, drawings, subcontracts and more...
- CMiC Analytics is delivered as an embedded, native capability within the CMiC construction platform. It simplifies the complex management of data-driven insights across the enterprise. With embedded analytics, you can truly empower your construction teams to inform their decisions with complete and accurate data, no matter their role or job location. Read the solution brief to know more...
- CMiC delivers the most complete, uniﬁed and advanced enterprise and ﬁeld solutions for construction ﬁrms. Our 1-pager offers an overview of how the platform can be the technology foundation that runs your construction business.
CMiC Construction Platform Integrations
CMiC Construction Platform Competitors
CMiC Construction Platform Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Pricing available upon request.
CMiC Construction Platform Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||68%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||32%|
CMiC Construction Platform Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CMiC Construction Platform Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Middle East, South East Asia|