Reviews (1-6 of 6)
March 12, 2018
Read Jim Rubenstein's full review
Pros and Cons
- Great UI for managing crypto funds
- Excellent mobile application for monitoring crypto values and sending/receiving crypto.
- Good two-factor security practices to ensure bad actors are not illegitimately gaining access to your wallets and stealing your funds.
- The fees coinbase charges on top of the crypto networks are relatively high, compared to the rest of the industry
- Under load/high volume, the site and application become unresponsive
- Customer support is lacking. It's hard to talk to a human and get a real response to your questions/concerns. This is particularly irritating since we're dealing with money.
Read Brad Henderson's full review
Pros and Cons
- Very simple dashboard for monitoring your coins
- Makes buying and selling Cryptocurrencies very simple once your account is set up
- Has a price alert feature for monitoring prices when they go above or below your target prices
- Same complaint I have about any other coinbase competitor. Setting up an account takes too long (a few days). But it's understandable as it has to be a very high level of security
- Higher transaction fees than other platforms for purchasing the same product. But because of Coinbase's simplicity relative to other platforms they are able to charge a bit of a premium here. You just need to know what you're getting into. If you're doing high volume, it's worth learning a GDAX or other platform. If you're buying and holding and don't have the time to research the lowest fees then Coinbase is great.
- They're limited in the payment methods they accept. Not a huge deal, but they don't accept paypal.
March 08, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
May 24, 2018
Score 5 out of 10
Coinbase Scorecard Summary
Coinbase is a point-of-sale software solution with features such as an international digital wallet and bitcoin currency acceptance.
Categories: Payment Gateway
Coinbase Technical Details