Capsa is being used to troubleshoot core issues with some ease. It allows us to run complex filters on packets being mirrored from our …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Colasoft Capsa, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Colasoft Capsa is a network performance and protocol analyzer and diagnostics tool. Capsa supports automated diagnostics and packet decoding. The product offers real-time packet capture, network mapping, traffic and bandwidth analysis, network behavior monitoring and visualization, and some reporting capabilities.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Capsa is being used to troubleshoot core issues with some ease. It allows us to run complex filters on packets being mirrored from our core. Its a very stable application that is able to handle most traffic with ease. It is used to view traffic from 30k users and is managed by just a few individuals.
- Robust Application. Able to handle traffic that most businesses will throw at it.
- Easy to use. Easy to setup captures and filter down to specific traffic types.
- Relatively cheap for what it's able to accomplish.
- Needs options to scale to 10Gb/s networks. The cutoff for performance looks to be around 3Gb/sl
- Needs API access to trigger capturesl
- Needs Agents for remote capturesl
Capsa is highly recommended to be used in small dense areas of a network where it makes sense to be able to run analytics off of a mirror port to gain insight into traffic trends. It is a costly product to install in branch locations, and requires a decent spec hardware to run appropriately.