March 28, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Capsa is being used to troubleshoot core issues with some ease. It allows us to run complex filters on packets being mirrored from our core. Its a very stable application that is able to handle most traffic with ease. It is used to view traffic from 30k users and is managed by just a few individuals.
- Robust Application. Able to handle traffic that most businesses will throw at it.
- Easy to use. Easy to setup captures and filter down to specific traffic types.
- Relatively cheap for what it's able to accomplish.
- Needs options to scale to 10Gb/s networks. The cutoff for performance looks to be around 3Gb/sl
- Needs API access to trigger capturesl
- Needs Agents for remote capturesl
Read this authenticated review
Capsa is highly recommended to be used in small dense areas of a network where it makes sense to be able to run analytics off of a mirror port to gain insight into traffic trends. It is a costly product to install in branch locations, and requires a decent spec hardware to run appropriately.