Reviews (1-1 of 1)
January 11, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
The core use of comScore Xmedia was chiefly centralized and department-owned while concurrently being utilized by various stakeholders from across the organization. Public-facing, brand-approved insights gleaned from the platform were primarily leveraged and evangelized by one or two key departments.
- Allows users to measure a total audience views across multiple platforms, and take those platform-specific views and convert them into a single, translatable metric.
- The platform presents the data so that a user is not only looking and inferring action or viewership across multiple platforms but through a single identifier that clarifies or makes sense of that cross-channel data.
- Allows you to slice up a single campaign and surmise how it will perform across various subsets of media.
- Initially, it was hard to detect how many people actually saw the ads (this was not the most intuitive element) but the product has continued to improve over time with more discernment.
- Could still improve the user interface, the overall comScore platform isn't the most user-friendly so it can be easy to get lost or go down a rabbit hole and not be clear on how to get back to a set of previous results or data.
- Reporting could have faster load times.
- Easier data visualization sorting or internal sharing options.
Read this authenticated review
The ability to drill-down locally is incredibly insightful. As mobile and other channels continue to improve, so has the platform and its accompanying reporting features. Data could be released in a more timely fashion so the numbers are more current and in-line with real-time viewership.
Comscore Xmedia Scorecard Summary
What is Comscore Xmedia?
Xmedia from Comscore is an audience measurement tool that allows marketers to analyze consumer engagement with TV and digital content, and identify overlap between audiences. Users can measure the reach of their ads across live television programming, video on demand, online streaming, web pages, and app channels. Xmedia is available only in the U.S.; outside of the U.S., Comscore partners with Kantar Media to provide similar capabilities.
Comscore Xmedia Technical Details