Concur Travel and Expense Reviews

Liliya Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2020

Concur makes expense reports and booking travel quick and easy.

Concur Travel and Expense is being used in my department. My team of premier bankers use it for expense reimbursement and travel when applicable. It makes the process of getting reimbursed quick and easy, and we don't have to worry about saving receipts since we can automatically upload them after taking pictures.
  • Speed of expense reimbursement: Assuming managers approve the reports in a timely fashion, I would get reimbursed during the following pay cycle
  • Ease of uploading receipts: All I need to do is take a picture of an expense and upload it to my concur account, and it will automatically enter the expense for me.
  • Booking travel: It helps me to find the appropriate hotels and flights based on my company's budget allocation.
  • Duplicate notification: While I understand why the flagging of duplicate expenses is there, sometimes I have two charges that are from the same amount at the same place, just at a different day and time. I have to adjust the dollar amount slightly for it to not get flagged. For example, I'd list two $20 charges from the same vendor as $19 and $21.
  • Receipt uploading: While uploading is easy, I am occasionally notified that a receipt was already uploaded that was not.
  • Hotel pricing: Booking through Concur limits me to their pricing, which seems to be the baseline pricing of the hotels. I can typically find cheaper pricing on my own.
Concur is great for a company or department that has many employees who get reimbursed for expenses. It is robust, with reporting functionality, an app, and the ability to book flights and hotels. I think for a bigger company it's excellent but for a smaller company with fewer employees, a simpler option should do just fine.
Concur has made it easy for us to upload receipts, submit expense reports, and book travel. I know it has saved managers time as well and has saved our company money by flagging duplicate expenses and allowing our company to submit criteria and thresholds for travel and expenses. It has freed us up as users because of the ease and simplicity of booking expenses. We can get back to doing our day to day work quickly and taking care of customers.
Read Liliya Carlage's full review
Erika Ruch | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

Increase organizational trust through Concur.

Our whole organization uses it to reconcile expenses incurred for ministry use. (We are a ministry to college students.) Concur allows us to get an accurate financial picture for each department quickly. Once the expenses have been cleared and approved, they show up in budget reports we can use for future planning.
  • User friendly
  • Intuitive interface
  • Expenses are available shortly after purchases are made
  • The 30-character limit for descriptions can be tough.
  • Breaking out baggage fees into a separate expense type could be helpful as they are so prevalent.
  • General comment on most Concur interfaces: getting to the comments section or the audit trail is not easy.
I think Concur Travel And Expense is a good fit for any corporation or non-profit whose employees do a lot of travel. It's a logical, fairly well-laid out tool. It would probably make the most sense for those organizations or businesses with several hundred or more employees; any fewer than that might be overkill. It's a good way to be financially accountable.
It has increased our capacity in the financial realm. We don't need to waste time figuring out where we are financially because that info is at our fingertips. We can spend our time and energy dreaming and planning for the future instead of trying to figure out where each department is with its budget. We are also able to better analyze where our funds are going and if that is the best use of our funds.
Read Erika Ruch's full review
Clara Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2020

Helps streamline expenses, but could be more intuitive

Concur is used across Flatiron to help employees manage all business-related expenses (travel, team events, etc).
  • Searching for flights and lodging - It's easy to search for specific hotels in target cities and it's nice to know that the options surfaced are company approved/preferred.
  • Knowing what is "out of budget"- I appreciate that Concur flags if a selection is beyond what we'd typically pay for a service/stay for that given location.
  • Expense Reports - It's easy to combine all expenses into one report for approval. I like doing this for a months' worth of expenses at a time, as it streamlines the approval process for my manager.
  • Price - Often the price of flights and hotels I find on Concur are more than the ones I find directly via Google.
  • Required fields - each expense needs a lot of information entered for approval and the required fields don't save info previously entered. I wish there were ways to have preferred field content that pre-populates to make it a faster process.
  • Receipt Viewer - Uploading receipts is really manual and the receipt images are not super easy to locate on the site.
I'd say Concur is "fine." It's helpful to standardize expense processes across the company, but I don't think it's particularly user friendly or intuitive, and I don't think it surfaces the most price-friendly options.
Read Clara Gray's full review
Richard Garro | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 23, 2020

Concur Travel and Expense Review

Concur is used across the entire organization, but Sales is the department that uses it the most.
  • Easy to use and create Expense Reports
  • Easy to navigate and get good Travel options
  • Great mobile app to attach pics of my receipts
  • Sometimes it is hard to understand why certain expenses are identified as needing review.
  • Once one hits a snag on the review with no way to fix it, the only option is to call someone to make the edits as the app does not allow one to complete the report.
I am a frequent traveler and Concur Travel and Expense makes my life of submitting expenses very easy. It saves me a lot of time and it would do so for other travelers as we accumulate expenses and need to do weekly reports. I typically take care of them conveniently at the airport while waiting for flights.
The Amex integration + mobile app and attaching receipt pics is HUGE for frequent travelers. Not sure about being innovative but cloning reports, seeing where they are at on the review process and having access to historical ones is a great plus. The option to talk to a live human being is also a big plus.
Read Richard Garro's full review
Samantha Thibault | TrustRadius Reviewer

Concur Review

Concur is utilized throughout the entire organization. Concur simplifies travel and business expenses especially during biannual retreats and conferences. It is easy to use and transparent for both sides. Additionally, it is easy to upload and save receipts from your phone and computer. Overall satisfied with this product and I would recommend for other companies.
  • Receipt entry
  • Ease of use
  • Tracking
  • Modifications
  • Speed
  • Can crash if you load too many receipts at one time
  • Syncing
Concur was simple to use and compare prices for booking flights. It was able to confirm with an email and send to my calendar. Areas of improvement include the ability to handle multiple requests at one time. I found if I entered in more than five receipts at a time it would crash or shut off.
A feature that Concur has assisted with would be to link to my calendar. The integration to our calendar has helped me keep my routing functional. I also find it best used when I am reimbursed in a timely manner. I would recommend this product to other companies who track expensing and routing.
Read Samantha Thibault's full review
Marissa Cano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Regional Director Review of Concur

Concur Travel is used for travel arrangements such as hotels, flights, hotels, rental cars. This site has made things easier for myself and my admin assistant who books all arrangements. The problems that this solves is that it avoids having to go to several sites, instead everything is in one place.
  • It's fast, easy, and very user friendly
  • It would be great if incentives were offered for the number of times utilized
  • Provide the same prices that the actual rental agencies offer
  • Better offers
This site works well for those who travel several times a year. The site provides email itinerary's which are very helpful in keeping track of all trips. I know that wherever I am, I am able to locate my next destination, hotel, car, etc. just by reviewing my emails and itinerary. It's great.
Concur Travel and Expense has helped the organization evolve, grow and adapt. This platform has made things easier and less hectic for those of us who travel often. The platform has allowed for better time management (the emails are especially helpful when getting itinerary information.) I can't wait to see how the program evolves.
Read Marissa Cano's full review
Sarah Radford | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2020

Concur Benefits

We use concur to manage and submit any qualifying expenses for overnight travel. Those who drive their personal vehicles use it to track their mileage as well. We upload our receipts to be reimbursed. I typically expense lunch and dinner, tolls, hotel, cell phone, meals with clients, and sometimes office supplies.
  • Receipt uploads are simple
  • Provides error message for missing information
  • User friendly
  • Itemizing certain expenses (like lodging) can sometimes be tricky.
  • Adding attendees for meals is sometimes difficult.
  • Entries are sometimes redundant.
Concur is well suited for tracking personal miles and travel expenses that are accompanied by a receipt. If you are an employee using personal payment concur is an easy way to track your business expenses and to be reimbursed by your company. If you are traveling with a company credit card or might be less appropriate.
Having the mobile app has streamlined the reimbursement process and made payroll much more efficient. Employees are happy to save time and be able to easily reference past expense reports. The ability to easily track expenses on the go makes traveling for work much easier. Tracking mileage is also much easier rather than keeping a written log.
Read Sarah Radford's full review
Brant Madison | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 14, 2020

Long gone are the days of manual expense entering, can't wait to see where we can go from here!

It is being used by the organization, this cuts down on non-standard travel decisions along with streamlined receipt tracking. Being able to utilize the mobile app for tracking has been a great improvement from the last company I worked at that used Concur.
  • Streamlining the receipt tracking/submitting/approval process with being able to take a photo has been a great development.
  • Letting our travel department set preferred hotels/airlines reduces time and research on the traveler's end.
  • Using the app for quick travel info retrieval is handy and cuts down on sifting through emails.
  • The app being a one-stop-shop for all variables of the trip has made tracking great as well as rebooking a similar trip based on that data.
  • The errors that come up when something isn't able to be selected can be cumbersome. Not always informative and can cause confusion.
  • The interface of the app itself could use some modernization. It feels dated in its current format.
For our medium-sized company where we have just a handful of offices where 95% of traveling occurs, the tool seems ideal. I haven't used it at a small company with many possible destinations, but the standardizing of certain attributes for repeatability has saved a lot of time.
It keeps up with similar companies for being innovative and as close to cutting edge as there is in this space.
Read Brant Madison's full review
Carmen Musitano | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2020

Concur Travel and Expense Review

Concur Travel and Expense is used by all corporate users to book airline, hotel, and rental cars while traveling on company business. Concur is also used to submit and manage expense reports. It is a good tool for both purposes. Everyone on my team uses the product on a weekly basis although due to COVID-19 travel has been suspended.
  • Booking travel - Airline, Hotel, Rental Car
  • Expense Reporting & Management
  • Cancelling Trips
  • Sometimes towns or cities traveled to are not listed in the Concur "drop down" box.
  • It would be nice to be able to copy in items instead of having to add them each day of trip.
  • Not sure why some receipts show as not being submitted when they were done previously.
Concur Travel and Expense is an overall good expense reporting and management tool but there are opportunities for improvement as indicated previously. Concur does a nice job to assist employees in booking travel whether it be airline tickets, hotel reservations, or car rentals. At times, our company's negotiated corporate hotel rate does not appear in Concur, but if an employee books it at the higher price in Concur and then calls the hotel directly they normally lower it to the proper negotiated rate. Not sure how or why this happens though.
Read Carmen Musitano's full review
Ryan Spargo | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2020

Use Concur for traveling, and I think you'll agree!

Our team utilized Concur for travel expenses based on projects in the marketing strategy for each quarter. For my part, I would purchase video equipment and then itemize what projects would make use of these items. The record served as both a means of identifying project costs and also project item inventories.
  • Concur makes itemizing costs quick and easy. The categories and options for each line item are laid out clearly and effectively to help make expensing simple.
  • Concur Travel keeps a solid history of records during travel. On one of my trips, I lost a flight due to airline error. Not only did Concur quickly get me back in the air, but it also found my previous record and resumed it, even when the airline couldn't.
  • Concur Travel groups everything about travel into one space. It's like a digital assistant tracking my flights, hotels, costs, and more.
  • Initially, Concur Travel didn't recognize that I was trying to book a flight with a return date after a week's time. This might have been user error, but it wasn't entirely clear why this wasn't working.
  • Some of the fields of Concur Expense seem to be the same category or area of expense. I had trouble at times identifying which category was best for my type of expense.
  • I'd like to see project tracking within Concur. My projects sometimes stretched more than one event, and it would be nice to not just notate with a project name but also observe a project's trajectory of cost.
Read Ryan Spargo's full review
Robyn Mankoski | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Easy to Use for Travel Plans

Concur Travel and Expense is being used across our whole organization. It is only being used for travel at this time though. We did use it for expenses but recently switched to Coupa for that. I use Concur for travel almost daily. It makes it easy for me to go under another employee's profile and book their travel for them based on their profile.
  • Ease of use
  • Creating profiles for travel
  • Uploading company discounts
  • There have been many glitches
  • Expenses can get jumbled
  • Can't delete profiles
I was disappointed when we switched our expenses over to Coupa. But was super happy that we still use Concur for travel. It is so easy to use and search for flights and hotels. When creating manager profiles, it is easy to upload reward numbers and special discounts. Concur Travel and Expense is not well suited for seeing other profiles' expenses though. That is very limited.
Concur Travel and Expense has helped our company grow and adapt by implementing travel policies within the application. We have limits we cannot go over for hotel rooms, flights, and rental cars. It will notify if we go over that limit and we may be forced to change the travel. This is something that I think is particularly innovative.
Read Robyn Mankoski's full review
Sejal Parikh | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

I love Concur!

When I started at this company, Concur was being used to reimburse travel expenses for Sales Associates. One at a time, I changed that to add to all other departments across the entire organization. It is definitely a more efficient way of processing expense reimbursements, and it saves our A/P team a lot of time. It's a great tool because I can go back and refer to old reports at any time with the click of a button. Not only does it hold everyone's reports electronically, but the batch upload makes it easy to translate that data into our Accounting software. Allowing for direct deposit of reimbursement funds directly to the employees' accounts also allows them to submit reports at their own pace, there are no time limitations to when are where one can submit a report. Also, there are great tools like the Concur app and Expense Assistant which make the report submitting process a piece of cake!
  • Efficiently processes expense reports.
  • Holds all expense reports electronically which are available at the click of a button.
  • Allows for direct deposit of reimbursement funds directly to the employees' accounts.
  • The features of building a report in Concur's reporting tool.
  • Avoid all the merged cells in output of reports in the reporting tool.
  • More options in the Concur reporting tool.
Concur Travel and Expense is well suited for a large company like ours as it efficiently allows for the processing of a large number of expense reimbursements. It does not bind employees to a certain time when expenses need to be turned in, as they were with A/P checks.
Concur Travel and Expense has definitely allowed our organization to evolve from a paper company! Prior to Concur, employees in our organization would have to submit a paper expense report with all of the actual receipts included and hope that they made the cut-off for a check to be issued to them. Now, this process is very easy as reports are submitted electronically online and receipts can simply be uploaded.
Read Sejal Parikh's full review
Lyza Swearingen Latham | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2020

Concur Travel and Expense Takes (Some of) the Pain out of Business Travel

Concur Travel and Expense is used across the entire organization. It provides a simple, seamless method of tracking and approving travel and expenses. I use the mobile app more and more, particularly to capture receipt images on the fly. It saves me having to carry receipts around (or possibly losing them) and eliminates the hassle of flattening out crumpled receipts and scanning a week later.
  • Enables entering detailed hotel folios, with itemized taxes and the ability to apply different nightly rates
  • Photo capture of receipts to store for later expense documentation
  • Clear feedback on rules set by the organization for different expense types
  • More tooltips could facilitate the user experience.
  • Mobile app should allow me to see past trips... instead it directs me to the web version.
  • Duplicating previous reports is clunky... doesn't allow easy modification.
  • I'd like to be able to view previous reports that I've approved for my team to compare them with new report submissions.
  • I'd like to be able to view a list of past expenses in a table format, both my own and those I approve.
I think Concur Travel and Expense is a well designed, highly-useful tool, both the web version and the connected mobile app. I think it's particularly useful for larger organizations with complex hierarchies and expense rules. The travel component is really robust and allows you to connect all your reservations into a single record, with hotel, airfare, and car rental all in one place. I'm not sure it would be appropriate for smaller organizations, not having used it in that context.
I think it's innovative to enable users to choose from using either the Mobile App or the online version, and to allow them to seamlessly communicate. If I take a photo of an expense and upload it to my library, it is just a couple of minutes before I can see it online and attach it to an expense.
Read Lyza Swearingen Latham's full review
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Concur: Because who doesn't want their time AND money back?

Concur Travel and Expense is being used as a quick and automated way to enter, keep, and submit our travel expenses on the go. Our field teams all work remotely and are constantly traveling, while our home team attends conferences and business meetings. Each side of the business benefits from getting expenses submitted and approved near immediately, saving time and getting expense costs back in their pockets.
  • Store receipts for future expense filing
  • Track mileage with ease
  • There is a bit of a learning curve for use.
  • It'd be nice to have mileage integration, with Google maps, for instance.
Concur Travel and Expense is well suited for anyone who is constantly in need of expensing line items for their work, or mileage due to travel, as well as anyone who may do the occasional traveling for work a few times a year where you can incur quite a few expenses over the course of a few days, such as at conferences. If you travel once a year or barely that, this may not be the most cost-effective tool for your business.
I'd say the approval process alone has freed up quite a bit of time streamlining the entire process. Moreso we have fewer receipts that employees have to hunt for that are lost or missing. Time is the number one thing you get back from Concur.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Loren Lund | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

I Concur

Concur is used in my organization for everything from direct reimbursement from company credit cards to reimbursements made from my own personal card for work-related expenses. The process is easy. Simply take a picture of the receipt, upload it to the Concur Expense portal attached to your case and submit the dollar amount. Concur automatically audits it and submits it to your employer so you are reimbursed by the next pay period.
  • Fast reimbursement
  • Automation of complicated back end expense reporting
  • Easy interface
  • Simple setup
  • Website is dull
  • Doesn't feel modern
  • Quick demo training videos or walk through.
Concur Expense is well suited for if your employees arrive at a lunch or after hours work event before the boss and can start the meeting before the person with the corp credit card gets there. It is well suited for taking out the team. It is well suited for travel expensing and fast auditing. It is less suited for lower level employees with less tenure.
Concur makes it extremely easy to expense via the mobile app - you can take a picture of your receipt or tie a card to the account. It can automatically categorically assign the expense to the type and it recognizes historical information like this. That takes away the need for me to have to click on "Sales" - "Manager Expense" - "Team Lunch" and send. It will also automatically input the values it reads on the receipt - allowing me to QA it for quick and easy user experience. I think it's an incredible technology that I've used at multiple companies now.
Read Loren Lund's full review
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Same Time and Improve Communication with Concur

My organization is using Concur Travel and Expense across the entire company. The platform helps us to manage/monitor company credit card expenses and track travel costs. In my personal case, I use Concur Travel and Expense to budget and monitor marketing expenses for tradeshows. These events require credit card payments for tradeshow logistics, as well as hotels and flights for all employees attending the event. Concur Travel and Expense helps us to keep track of all of these expenses coming from so many directions and makes it easier for me to report the tradeshow budget because all of these expenses are in my report library on Concur Travel and Expense.
  • I love having the report library accessible on Concur Travel and Expense. Each time you submit a report (receipts matching each transaction on your account), the report is saved in your 'Report Library.' I can access this when I'm outlining the budget or creating a cost report so I can see everything we purchased within any time frame.
  • Being able to upload receipts to Concur Travel and Expense without associating it with an expense is a great feature. Since it takes a while for an expense to appear in your account, you can go ahead and upload a receipt as soon as you make a purchase. That way, it's there on your list when the expense does appear, and you won't have to search for a receipt days later.
  • One thing that Concur Travel and Expense's could improve on is UX. The platform is a little difficult to navigate sometimes, and I have trouble finding different features within site. I access my report library monthly to track expenses, and I always have trouble finding it.
I would use Concur Travel and Expense in any company that administers company cards. The program is a need for companies whose employees travel often, but I would still recommend it to companies whose employees don't travel but have company credit cards that they use very often. Even when I'm not traveling, I have so many expenses to approve in Concur Travel and Expense. It saves so much labor compared to what I've done in previous roles.
Concur Travel and Expense have helped our organization as we'we evolved into an international company. One of the best features for us has been the currency conversions. I coordinate tradeshows across the globe, and it always helps that international expenses are converted into US dollars. This is extremely helpful because I've had trouble creating reports in the past for this reason - tedious conversions for international expenses.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Ian Larkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2020

Concur Travel and Expense has saved us time and money

We use Concur Travel & Expense across our company for expense reimbursement. Concur let us get away from spreadsheets being emailed, payments having to wait until payroll, and transactions having to be manually recorded. Our employees can submit expense reports from their phones or computers, their managers can approve from computers or phones, payments are direct deposited a few days after approval and the expenses are automatically recorded in our accounting software.
  • Payment processing.
  • Tracking spend.
  • Approvals.
  • Enforcing travel policy.
  • Reporting could be easier, although Concur's resources help a lot
  • Processing payments could be faster
  • Occasional connector issues
Concur is well suited for anyone that needs to implement a workflow around expense reports and their payments. Having a system of record with an audit trail is incredibly useful. The business intelligence tool for reporting is very customizable and provides much appreciated insight.
Concur Travel & Expense is extremely user friendly saving us time when booking and providing easy access to the best rates.
Read Ian Larkin's full review
David Bailey | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Concur Travel and Expense: Fast, Easy, and Efficient

Concur Travel and Expense is used across our organization to track expenses and for certain departments to book their travel. As our organization is very decentralized, Concur Travel and Expense has been helpful for department supervisors who need to track expenses and have them approved by people who are in offices across the country. The design and simplicity of tracking expenses in Concur Travel and Expense means that I don't have to spend hours tracking down receipts or making sure everything matches up, but rather I can just start an expense report upload digital receipts or scanned receipts and be finished within 15 to 20 minutes.
  • It has efficient tools to create, edit, and submit expense reports.
  • The design is quite intuitive and makes it easy to learn.
  • Recently I found that Concur Travel and Expense has been automatically creating new expense reports pre-loaded with expenses from the current month. This is not obvious on the homepage so I often find myself creating a new expense report only to remember about the automatically created one. Perhaps this is nit-picky but it is one piece that has caused me some frustration.
  • While some expenses are automatically categorized effectively, I've found that roughly 75% are categorized as "other" or "unknown," which is fine but it would be great if the software was able to automatically organize better.
I think Concur Travel and Expense is well suited to most any organization that is in search of an effective and efficient expense reporting tool. Particularly for a decentralized organization such as my own, where many people are working from home or in satellite offices, Concur Travel and Expense makes it simple and easy to track expenses without worrying about forgetting important pieces. The only way I could see Concur Travel and Expense not being useful software is if a company was very small and all expenses were tracked by a single individual. Otherwise, I think most people would find Concur Travel and Expense quite helpful.
Among the best features of Concur Travel and Expense are the icons that let you know what is needed for each expense line item (receipts, categorization, etc.). I believe the automatically generated report may also be a useful tool once I adjust to the new processes around it as it could shave off the additional two to three minutes I would need to generate a new report.
Read David Bailey's full review
Abigail Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 20, 2020

Everybody I know hates Concur. RUN AWAY. It is a huge time suck, and a drain on morale.

It is used to submit expenses for trips.
  • It doesn't do anything well.
  • Opaque design.
  • Impossible to figure out how to use.
  • Inefficient workflow--the same things have to be done multiple times.
Where is it well-suited? In a design course for web designers about how NOT to build their products. Otherwise, it belongs in the virtual trash.
Concur has not helped us evolve, grow, and adapt. We lose productivity, because it is a terrible product.
Read Abigail Smith's full review

Happy User - Good Software

Concur allows me to upload, organize, and submit expenses in an easy and organized manner. The ability to automatically calculate mileage with my vehicle has been extremely useful. I used to calculate the distance and depreciation manually, but with Concur, I just input the address I'm traveling to, and the calculation is automatic. Super helpful software!
  • Uploading expenses is simple.
  • Manager approval is straightforward.
  • Mileage calculation is automated.
  • Image upload can be difficult on desktop.
  • UI on desktop could be updated.
In my experience, this tool is great for large enterprises and/or companies that have resources to manage a software suite this large. Smaller companies may be better suited for a simpler suite that integrates with payroll automatically.
Again, I think the automatic mileage calculation has been a game-changer for us. It was such a pain to log previously. Additionally, some apps have integrations with Concur, like SpotHero, that make it easy to log expenses without having to update receipts. Every iteration Concur releases makes material improvements in the software.
July 27, 2020

Concur saves time + money and reduces stress

We use Concur for expense reporting & for booking travel + accommodations.
  • Excellent expense reporting
  • Easy user interface
  • Easy travel & accommodation booking
  • Sometimes coding expenses can be difficult but that’s probably because of our particular configuration
Concur makes it extremely easy to book travel. It has robust filter functionality, which makes it easy to find the best flight to meet your needs (filter by airline, timeframe, stops, etc.). Booking travel through Concur Travel and Expense makes expense reporting easier as well. The option to book a hotel at the same time as the flight streamlines expense reporting too.
Concur Travel and Expense helps our organization ensure all employees are adhering to spending policy. Its robust feature set & easy user interface helps employees be more efficient—spending less time on expense reports & travel booking, spending more time focusing on their priorities.
July 22, 2020

Using Concur to travel

Concur is pretty much use across the board for travel booking and expenses. We get management approval and then we booked our own travel, capture receipts and invoices, allocating them to the right categories and then provide reasons and other pieces of information. Ultimately it provides the full capability to book, expense and reconcile travel costs.
  • Offering travel options
  • Customising for company preferences
  • Easy to use interface
  • The expense interface takes some getting use to. If you use it often this should be easy, but for infrequent users it is sometimes a hit and miss to get things right and to address alerts. Cumbersome.
  • Despite the manual upload of receipt images the process is very manual and takes a lot of effort to link to the appropriate expense. Would have thought an AI engine here would help?
  • I struggle mostly with so many items in my booking list that are old and stale or was cancelled. Not sure if this is my company's policies but really difficult to find the stuff I want when we have old records spanning years that are shown with the current stuff.
It is a good tool for people who travel frequently, but it is also best suited for very repetitive and simple travel plans. In our organisation there are specific rules for travel that is done "outside" of Concur because it is too complicated. This should make it clear that with airline policies and rules it is not a simple task to have a self service tool that actually works all of the time.
Getting people to do their own travel and expenses has been a big change and one that hasn't been successfully completed in my view.
July 21, 2020

Takes the stress out of business travel

Concur is used by our company to manage everything from booking business travel to managing trip expenses. It makes for a really easy and stress-free experience and keeps everything organized. From past experience, I have had to keep receipts, scan them in, and inevitably explain lost receipts to my manager. This tool is on my smartphone and saves all that hassle by simply taking a picture you can import receipts to the tool. Our reimbursement department likes less paperwork and managers have much less to approve.
  • Auto Expense feature enables you to take a picture of receipts and import them to the tool. Very helpful.
  • Smartphone compatibility makes it easy to track flights and manage bookings on the go.
  • Travel booking tool makes it easy to find and book travel.
  • I have found slow load times on the app, which can be frustrating especially on initial launch.
  • The app has crashed on me a few times when uploading a few expenses at once.
  • Took me some time to get used to the flight booking screens. I found some parts counterintuitive such as changing airports once you already created a search.
It has made business travel much easier and less to keep track of. It is a one-stop-shop for creating bookings, tracking flights and claiming expenses. Especially having not had this at previous employers, I know what a headache travel and expense claims can be. I'd say it is very well suited for all business travelers wanting to quickly and efficiently book travel and manage trips and expenses. Also for companies wanting to streamline their expense reimbursement process. It might not be appropriate for smaller companies that do not want to spend money on an expensive solution. This tool works great at scale.
We have been very pleased with this tool. It has increased productivity by freeing us up to not have to spend so much time dealing with the stresses of business travel, and more time and attention to focus on our clients. It freed up our operations teams to focus on what is important to our organization and not the details of claim submissions and travel bookings.

Travel Made Easier with Concur

Concur Travel and Expense is used to simplify traveling expenses for professionals at Ministry Brands. Particularly for the Marketing department, travel to trade shows and conferences are much easier to reimburse employees for their business expenses using Concur.
  • Keeping an organized log of expenses
  • Populating details of expenses using just a photo of the receipt
  • Submitting expenses and tracking when you will be reimbursed by your employer
  • More options for organizing the expenses into categories
It is especially useful for travel and the app makes it easy to just upload receipts for expenses as you go rather than collecting receipts and needing to submit them all at once. There is always the risk of misplacing some or wondering if you have them all. It also makes it much easier to keep track of how much you're spending on a particular trip in case there is a budget you need to adhere to. It would probably be less necessary for everyday business expenses like office supplies, but for remote workers, I would say that it is still very relevant and would simplify the process.
Using Concur Travel and Expense allows a wider range of employees to travel and make company-related expenses without complicating the reimbursement process. This is beneficial in being able to send employees on business travel without having to issue them company credit cards and easily keep track of budgets for different departments and individuals.
July 17, 2020

Concur is Wonderful

Concur is an expansive system. We use it throughout the whole organization. All employees use this platform to do all expense reporting. We transitioned to this system after getting rid of our antiquated system and it has made handling expenses across the organization a breeze. It’s a nice way to catalog expenses as well from an employee perspective.
  • It tracks expenses seamlessly with our company credit cards.
  • The interface is intuitive when it comes to coding expenses.
  • Currently, you cannot submit an expense report if you do not have any expenses for the month. This sounds like it would be intuitive, but some organizations require expense reports, even when there are no expenses. So that could be an improvement made by the system to provide an option to submit a report when there are no expenses.
This system works really well for organizations that are geographically spread and need one consistent way to report expenses. I cannot envision an organization or situation where this Concur system wouldn’t be beneficial to an organization. It really works to streamline all expense reporting for large or small organizations, and the employee interface is very easy to use.
Concur has made it easy to track expenses across a large organization spanning the entire state of California.

About Concur Travel and Expense

Concur Travel and Expense captures business spending wherever and whenever it happens. With Concur, users can connect the different pieces and partners of their expense ecosystem - integrating travel spend, ERP, accounting and card data in to a single, cloud-based and mobile system that manages the entire expense process from spend requests to reconciliation. The solution is designed to provide complete visibility into the user’s total spend and the transparency to see every detail of each transaction.

Concur Travel and Expense Features

Has featureE-receipt import
Has featureApproval process control
Has featureMulti-currency
Has featureReceipt management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureIntegrated travel, expense and ERP data
Has featureTMC data integration
Has featureSpend control
Has featureMobile applications
Has featureReporting

Concur Travel and Expense Screenshots

Concur Travel and Expense Video

Follow Linsy as she manages an event from end-to-end using SAP Concur tools to book travel, file expenses, manage her team, and follow her budget. SAP Concur connects to an extensive partner ecosystem to create one effortless experience while ensuring employee safety, adjusting to unforeseeable events, even helping Linsy navigate airports when gates suddenly change.

Concur Travel and Expense Integrations