Concur Travel and Expense Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Andy Fuller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur is Notre Dame's expense reporting system. It is used across the organization to manage, track and approve expenses large and small. I'm both a user and someone with managerial responsibilities, so I use Concur Travel and Expense both to submit my own expenses and to approve expenses of my staff. Concur's robust categorization options allow users to almost always find a type for the expense they're submitting. It's especially useful in the case of international travel; Concur includes a built-in currency exchange calculator to immediately see how your foreign expenses translate to US dollars. Recent updates have made it easier to itemize hotel nights as well. Overall, Concur is helping us stay organized and efficient in expense reporting.
  • Mobile app: The receipt photo function is a great tool. Connect the mobile app to your account and use your phone camera to capture images of the receipt. They're waiting for you on your desktop when you log in and are ready to submit your expense report.
  • Broad categorization: Concur Travel and Expense has a use case for just about every expenditure. From entertainment, to foreign expenses, to itemizations for alcohol, the system really does a great job of thinking through every scenario in which an expense may be incurred.
  • Non-reimbursable expenses: With the check of a box, you can indicate that a certain expense should be noted, but is not reimbursable to the employee. It allows our business team to know how much a trip costs on the whole and the employee to know how much they're getting reimbursed, very quickly.
  • I still have trouble dividing up restaurant checks in which a spouse is included (and thus not reimbursable). It's possible I'm missing something, but some way to more easily separate restaurant expenses could be beneficial.
  • I'm not sure the currency exchange calculator is always up to date. On a recent trip to Israel, I received a much better exchange rate at the airport than I did within Concur Travel and Expense. (And checked online to make sure the better rate was accurate.)
  • I've had trouble actually submitting reports from my mobile app. The receipt capture function of the app is great, but I wonder if the app itself could be more robust.
This is well-suited for a large organization with multiple departments, no question. Any organization with a layered approval process, and especially those in which a number of employees are traveling regularly, could benefit from Concur Travel and Expense. It doesn't seem like it would be as necessary for organizations of 50 employees or less.
Read Andy Fuller's full review
Hans Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Concur Travel and Expense to manage all of our work related expenses, especially as it relates to purchasing cards. I can use my Pcard to make any relevant purchases, and then they are automatically added to Concur. I then use Concur Travel and Expense to substantiate expenses, add receipts, and apply them to the correct accounts. We also use Concur to purchase plane tickets and book hotels.
  • Connecting receipts to the purchases you've made.
  • Integrating with purchasing cards.
  • I wish it were easier to find my specific accounts in the system. It would be nice if I could name them rather than remember the long account numbers.
  • I think booking travel on Concur Travel and Expense is not easy. I wish I could see alternative flights easier and not just the ones the app recommends.
I think Concur Travel and Expense works well for what it does. It's a pain to manage expenses, especially in a timely manner, and Concur does a really good job making that easier. I like being able to use the iPhone app as well. That's the best way to scan receipts. I like that it integrates with my purchasing card really easily. Booking travel can be kind of a pain on Concur, because I would rather just go to the airline's app or website, but it's required by my company, and it works pretty well. This might be a problem related to our travel agent as well.
Read Hans Meyer's full review
Moriah Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is used organizational wide at Cerner Corporation. It is used to address issues such as negligent expenses, expense type (what can and cannot be expensed and reimbursed by the company) and travel organization. It also allows for more detail to be provided on each individual expense and insures that expenses are not forgotten to be submitted for reimbursement.
  • Travel Library is awesome showing what is upcoming. I really like how it shows the date the travel was booked along with when the actual date of the itinerary item is. Also, it tells you if an expense has been submitted for reimbursement.
  • The expense list is neat in that it is attached to the corporate card and automatically creates the report submission for you, with the required details already completed to save time.
  • I think it's annoying when booking flight travel that if you want to change the airport you have to start all over again from the very beginning. This becomes obnoxious for my group because we have subsequent pages we have to fill out after setting travel dates and it becomes tiresome if you want to change an airport location real quick.
  • I think when booking flights you should have a way to quickly flip from round trip to one way without having to start from the very beginning.
This tool is good, I think it could be streamlined and a little more user friendly. There is almost too much going on, with too many clicks, and too many pages to go through that don't make booking travel or doing an expense report easy anymore. It is kind of a hassle to do these tasks now. I would say if you streamlined it, it would be appropriate for these larger corporations. However, I am not the one auditing on the back end so I can possibly see why there are so many expense options and pages and clicks.
Read Moriah Crane's full review
Nathan Wright | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization recently made the switch to Concur for expenses. It was met with some resistance from the pen-and-paper crowd, but I think it has been an absolute blessing for the users and the department managing expenses. It no longer takes weeks for my paper receipts to be processed and then tacked onto a check run - it's now days. I don't have to worry about saving receipts for weeks while I wait for my month-end report, I can just snap a pic.

It's a brilliant, simple method. This is how all companies with a decent sales force should handle expenses, there is no better alternative.
  • Efficiency - for your sales team, accounting team, and auditing departments. Anyone overseeing expenses will be thrilled by the comprehensive paper trail.
  • Ease of use - no more filling out Excel sheets and copying your receipts. Snap a pic, hit upload, fill in the blanks. 1, 2, 3, paid.
  • Camera Quality - the camera is a bit poor, it struggles to generate a clear receipt when there is a lot of text. It's not a great system when compared to the inbuilt camera app. I suggest improving this, or that users take photos using their inbuilt camera app and then upload to Concur.
  • Analysis Bug - When uploading receipts, they are often caught in an "analyzing receipt" loop that requires you to restart the app. No a HUGE deal, but if you have users that aren't overly tech-savvy you'll have issues.
This software is idea for companies with growing sales teams. If your team is currently mailing in envelopes of receipts from a month on the road, with a folded up Excel print-out report, you should seriously consider moving to Concur. The time-saving factor is enormous. Your AP team will be more efficient, your team will get reimbursed faster, and you'll find your organization operating more smoothly. The training process is simple; users can be up and running in less than 30 minutes without requiring a Comp-Sci degree to make the app work.

If you're already using a paperless expense system, Concur Travel and Expense may not be right for you. The app still has some bugs - going from one technology to another may serve to do little more than irritate users that now need retrained.
Read Nathan Wright's full review
Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is used by all team members to reimburse expenses - both on our corporate credit card and to employees for out-of-pocket expenses - and to book travel. This software is available both through the internet and on mobile devices which works very well for our workforce. We use their reporting services to help monitor compliance. We use their Detect product to help with auditing and ExpenseIt for mobile receipt capture.
  • Their ExpenseIt uses AI to read and capture receipts very well.
  • Their support team is very responsive to issues.
  • They are always looking for ways to partner with new companies and to embrace new technologies that can enhance the user's experience.
  • Some areas of the software are hard to find / access. For instance, a user has the opportunity to enroll in electronic receipts from participating vendors. Should the employee forget to enroll, it's very hard to find where that can be enabled in the future.
  • ExpenseIT does a decent job of dealing with itemized receipts for things like hotels. However, if the employee loads a receipt through direct PDF, there is no AI assistance and they often struggle with itemizing the details in the software.
  • We permit negative dollar expense reports to process against our credit card batch. When the bank returns an acknowledgement that the report was credited, Concur cannot auto hide these transactions and users will often repay credits that we have taken.
  • The canned report showing personally owed expenses pulls in the total amount of the charge, not the actual amount personally owed. If you're not aware of this, you may end up reporting an inflated amount of money owed by employees and try to extract from them the wrong amount as well.
  • If you sign a contract with them for new services, they will begin charging you on the next quarter date - even if the product hasn't been implemented.
I feel Concur Travel and Expense is a very mature product that works well - especially from the computer interface. The mobile app is pretty good - but you do not have all the same functionality as the computer. Things like changes to your profile have to be done from the computer. Also, I feel that the easiest way to create an expense report is to actually use dual monitoring - especially for things like complex itemized receipts. Employees who need to work from the mobile app will struggle with not being able to see their information as easily.
Read Jill Liegghio's full review
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is being used as a quick and automated way to enter, keep, and submit our travel expenses on the go. Our field teams all work remotely and are constantly traveling, while our home team attends conferences and business meetings. Each side of the business benefits from getting expenses submitted and approved near immediately, saving time and getting expense costs back in their pockets.
  • Store receipts for future expense filing
  • Track mileage with ease
  • There is a bit of a learning curve for use.
  • It'd be nice to have mileage integration, with Google maps, for instance.
Concur Travel and Expense is well suited for anyone who is constantly in need of expensing line items for their work, or mileage due to travel, as well as anyone who may do the occasional traveling for work a few times a year where you can incur quite a few expenses over the course of a few days, such as at conferences. If you travel once a year or barely that, this may not be the most cost-effective tool for your business.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Loren Lund | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

I Concur

Concur is used in my organization for everything from direct reimbursement from company credit cards to reimbursements made from my own personal card for work-related expenses. The process is easy. Simply take a picture of the receipt, upload it to the Concur Expense portal attached to your case and submit the dollar amount. Concur automatically audits it and submits it to your employer so you are reimbursed by the next pay period.
  • Fast reimbursement
  • Automation of complicated back end expense reporting
  • Easy interface
  • Simple setup
  • Website is dull
  • Doesn't feel modern
  • Quick demo training videos or walk through.
Concur Expense is well suited for if your employees arrive at a lunch or after hours work event before the boss and can start the meeting before the person with the corp credit card gets there. It is well suited for taking out the team. It is well suited for travel expensing and fast auditing. It is less suited for lower level employees with less tenure.
Read Loren Lund's full review
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization is using Concur Travel and Expense across the entire company. The platform helps us to manage/monitor company credit card expenses and track travel costs. In my personal case, I use Concur Travel and Expense to budget and monitor marketing expenses for tradeshows. These events require credit card payments for tradeshow logistics, as well as hotels and flights for all employees attending the event. Concur Travel and Expense helps us to keep track of all of these expenses coming from so many directions and makes it easier for me to report the tradeshow budget because all of these expenses are in my report library on Concur Travel and Expense.
  • I love having the report library accessible on Concur Travel and Expense. Each time you submit a report (receipts matching each transaction on your account), the report is saved in your 'Report Library.' I can access this when I'm outlining the budget or creating a cost report so I can see everything we purchased within any time frame.
  • Being able to upload receipts to Concur Travel and Expense without associating it with an expense is a great feature. Since it takes a while for an expense to appear in your account, you can go ahead and upload a receipt as soon as you make a purchase. That way, it's there on your list when the expense does appear, and you won't have to search for a receipt days later.
  • One thing that Concur Travel and Expense's could improve on is UX. The platform is a little difficult to navigate sometimes, and I have trouble finding different features within site. I access my report library monthly to track expenses, and I always have trouble finding it.
I would use Concur Travel and Expense in any company that administers company cards. The program is a need for companies whose employees travel often, but I would still recommend it to companies whose employees don't travel but have company credit cards that they use very often. Even when I'm not traveling, I have so many expenses to approve in Concur Travel and Expense. It saves so much labor compared to what I've done in previous roles.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Ian Larkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Concur Travel & Expense across our company for expense reimbursement. Concur let us get away from spreadsheets being emailed, payments having to wait until payroll, and transactions having to be manually recorded. Our employees can submit expense reports from their phones or computers, their managers can approve from computers or phones, payments are direct deposited a few days after approval and the expenses are automatically recorded in our accounting software.
  • Payment processing.
  • Tracking spend.
  • Approvals.
  • Enforcing travel policy.
  • Reporting could be easier, although Concur's resources help a lot
  • Processing payments could be faster
  • Occasional connector issues
Concur is well suited for anyone that needs to implement a workflow around expense reports and their payments. Having a system of record with an audit trail is incredibly useful. The business intelligence tool for reporting is very customizable and provides much appreciated insight.
Read Ian Larkin's full review
David Bailey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is used across our organization to track expenses and for certain departments to book their travel. As our organization is very decentralized, Concur Travel and Expense has been helpful for department supervisors who need to track expenses and have them approved by people who are in offices across the country. The design and simplicity of tracking expenses in Concur Travel and Expense means that I don't have to spend hours tracking down receipts or making sure everything matches up, but rather I can just start an expense report upload digital receipts or scanned receipts and be finished within 15 to 20 minutes.
  • It has efficient tools to create, edit, and submit expense reports.
  • The design is quite intuitive and makes it easy to learn.
  • Recently I found that Concur Travel and Expense has been automatically creating new expense reports pre-loaded with expenses from the current month. This is not obvious on the homepage so I often find myself creating a new expense report only to remember about the automatically created one. Perhaps this is nit-picky but it is one piece that has caused me some frustration.
  • While some expenses are automatically categorized effectively, I've found that roughly 75% are categorized as "other" or "unknown," which is fine but it would be great if the software was able to automatically organize better.
I think Concur Travel and Expense is well suited to most any organization that is in search of an effective and efficient expense reporting tool. Particularly for a decentralized organization such as my own, where many people are working from home or in satellite offices, Concur Travel and Expense makes it simple and easy to track expenses without worrying about forgetting important pieces. The only way I could see Concur Travel and Expense not being useful software is if a company was very small and all expenses were tracked by a single individual. Otherwise, I think most people would find Concur Travel and Expense quite helpful.
Read David Bailey's full review
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur makes it easy to do expense reports. It's mostly automated so that all we have to do is upload receipts and enter the parameters, and the report is submitted so the reps can be reimbursed. It's easy from the approver's side as well to alert the rep with some questions or to simply approve the report.
  • Ease of use. It's simple to use Concur for the first time with no assistance and start submitting reports. There's also an app for mobile use.
  • Uploading receipts. You have the option of taking photos of receipts and having them automatically sent to Concur or you can upload receipt photos one at a time.
  • I would like to see the duplication feature not be so strong. For example, if you frequently have a $20 gas charge from the same station, it may flag it as a duplicate.
  • There are certain mandates for expenses to be added without being flagged like there need to be multiple attending a dinner for example and their names must be added. I understand the need for this but it can be a little tedious for the user.
Concur is terrific for a sales organization that has many reps and needs checks and balances about travel and expenses. For organizations where significant flight and hotel travel is involved, Concur can be especially useful because flights and hotels can be booked right from the site. I have found fewer expense competitors with less functionality that might be better suited for startups or small businesses, however.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Nicolas Rivaton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur is being used by the whole organisation. Everyone is using this tool.
  • The mobile app is working well. If you scan your receipts as you pay them, the whole process is super smooth and you definitely gain some time.
  • You can start an expense on your mobile and finish it on your laptop.
  • You can have several expenses at the same time, this brings a lot of flexibility (sport incentive program, standard expense, etc.).
  • It is easy to set an expense validation chain in place, with different managers.
  • We can't use the app if we don't have an internet connection because our company requirement is to fill the City field. And this one requires to have Geoloc + internet connection enabled.
  • I've linked Concur to Uber so the expense is automatically imported. Some fields are not pre-filled whereas it should be easy to, such as the name of the company, which obviously is Uber, the date, etc.
  • The automatic bill recognition is not yet available in France, I'm eager to have this feature available!
If you travel a lot and have many tickets, Concur is really the solution, provided that each time you have a ticket, you can afford 2 minutes to take a picture of it with your phone and load it in the application. There are just a few fields to enter, and this is it. At the end of the month, you can just check from your account that everything is fine, and submit the expense to your financial department.
Read Nicolas Rivaton's full review
Samuel Fitzpatrick, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Concur Travel and Expenses across our whole organization. We are required to use electronic processing for travel as ordered by the President. It addresses the issue of getting information quickly and more transparency
  • Analyzing travel reports which help management decisions. In our current political state, it is important to get information quickly to upper management.
  • Easy access to a system accessible from anywhere. Previously system was more internal which limited timeliness for inputting expenses
  • Separation of duties: The system can be set up to allow more accountability for each person.
  • System problems: Concur has come a long way from when we started to still get issues that affect our customers because of system errors. It can be annoying and slows our processes. We are constantly trying to explain to our customers why something doesn't work as designed.
  • Reservations: Reservations sometimes doesn't come over correctly meaning cost can be different. Also, the travel agency doesn't get the reservations.
  • Customer Service: We open help desk tickets but half the time they aren't resolved. This is a big area of improvement that needs to be addressed
The software itself is good but if something goes wrong that is where the issue comes into play. System updates, change the configuration, or any other related items take time to fix. We have to do workarounds which cause delays
Read Samuel Fitzpatrick, MBA's full review
Renaud Renvoye | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Concur Expense through the organization to streamline the expenses process. As a services company, we have lots of salespeople and consultants who need to go onsite and travel, so it is where everything is centralized for the accounting department to approve or not to approve.
  • categories - it is very detailed
  • synchronization - when I submit anything, the process is very efficient
  • mobile application
  • I think they could make less detailed category inside each expense report
  • personalization
  • website is confusing
I would give an 8 to the likelihood that I would recommend Concur Expense. I think the tool does a good job and everything you need to do your expenses. The process is pretty straightforward, and the synchronization to the higher level is almost instant, which is always helpful when you need to recover significant expenses.
Read Renaud Renvoye's full review
Nicole Nagy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Concur Review

The Concur Travel and Expense app is utilized by every individual on our team. Some have their corporate card attached, however, personally, I do not have a corporate card and just attach receipts (or screenshots of payments) from my personal credit card. We use this for mostly travel, or client meetings. This app helps our finance team disperse money across the teams in a quick and easy way.
  • The client support for travel is amazing, there hasn't been one time where I haven't been able to get weekend service to change a Monday flight to Sunday etc. They are always nice and willing to help, I've never had a bad experience there.
  • I LOVE that Concur allows you to take screenshots of your receipts rather than keep the receipts. I lose them ALL THE TIME.
  • The site layout is easy to use and manageable. The user experience is great there, and I like when it saves my most used expense reasonings.
  • It's really hard to find past expenses... I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's just hard to navigate on the site where the past expenses are.
  • If Concur could have the same guidelines for every company as far as what you can and can't do with expenses that would be great. Or have a training per company on the side bar. I've gotten my reports sent back before just because I didn't have the right information.
  • Some of the tabs are confusing like "available reports" and "open reports", why would I ever leave a report open if it's due once a month?
I personally think every company should have Concur. How else are they going to refund expenses? In every situation that I've used it it's been helpful and easy. However, the thought of doing expenses gives me anxiety. I should definitely download the app and take pictures as I go...
Read Nicole Nagy's full review
David Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
About five years ago, my company replaced PeopleSoft 9.1 Expense with Concur. Concur had many features that were missing or unsatisfactory with PeopleSoft. In particular, we chose Concur because it was more user-friendly, intuitive and integrated with travel booking service. Concur also has mobile app which is very easy to use.
  • Intuitive user interface; good training and lots of help information are easily accessible.
  • Easily upload receipts and link to expense lines. User can take photo of a receipt and upload into his account.
  • Integration with ERP (during implementation) can be tricky, especially when the project manager on Concur side happens to be less than customer focused (that was the case with our implementation).
  • Implementation was more difficult than it needed to be because Concur's project team was only available remotely. We had to rely on documentations to understand all the technical details so there were lots of challenges because everything was new to us.
Concur is a good solution for any size company, but for large companies it seems to be an excellent travel expense solution. It is easy to maintain from administrator's point of view and there are enough tools and functions that make account maintenance almost painless. We found that auditing feature within Concur is very helpful to the accounts payable department since the heavy lifting of validating expense submission is taken care of by Concur.
Read David Lee's full review
Andrew Richardson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used to book business flights and submit, review and process expense reports. It's a centralized location to do everything related to business travel. It expedites the painful process of booking and getting reimbursed for business travel. It also can help planning trips and finding the cheapest or best flights.
  • Once a report is submitted it is pretty easy.
  • Integrates into our single sign-on well I guess.
  • It seems great for accounting! I'm sure it makes some pretty good reports!
  • UI and UX is atrocious. It's basically a master class in what not to do with your UI.
  • Functionality is abundant but it's obscured under many many layers of bad UI and poor information architecture.
  • There are so many ways the interface leads you to believe a process is "complete" when it actually isn't. There are a lot of fields that don't matter but are still present.
I would imagine it's great for the accounting side of things. It seems to integrate well with flight schedules and pricing. To have everything flowing through a single system and have records of what exactly was submitted, when it was submitted, and how much it cost is probably great. But it's just a nightmare on the end-user experience side. Error messages are unclear or obscured. Confirmation messages are misleading (booking a flight will "confirm" the flight but won't actually book it unless you hit "next" about 2 more times).
Read Andrew Richardson's full review
Shannon McNamara | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization uses Concur Expense to track expenses and keep tabs on financial spending. Every department uses this, and there are permissions set in place for all types of users - from manager to director to intern or anything in between, anyone that would need to track and keep tabs of expenses.
  • Easily update financials.
  • Submit expenses to managers.
  • Better UX.
  • The logo appears blue/yellow sometimes, confusing when not one color.
Concur Expense is well suited for large companies that are dealing with more than 100 employees. This is a great solution for a company that has a lot of employees and needs to keep good track of financials and company cards dealing. It is less appropriate for smaller companies that don't have many employees.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review
Justin Wild | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Concur Request, Travel, and Expense modules. We use it to request, book, and expense travel, as well as for employee reimbursements and corporate card reconciliation. It is used organization-wide by self-bookers and travel arrangers alike. Approximately half our travel is supported travel for visitors to our organization, so that is a large part of what we do. We also use Concur Detect by AppZen for report auditing.
  • Requesting, booking, and expensing is all handled in the same tool
  • Extensive audit rule functionality means we can guide our users through the process with messaging that appears only when needed
  • The application is user-friendly, even for brand new or infrequent users
  • The application is very disjointed. The Request and Expense modules don't always play well together. Administratively, the configuration for each module is not at all cohesive.
  • The new UI has proven to be quite buggy, with various minor to moderate issues arising every one to two weeks.
  • The APIs available for connection with other systems are very limited.
  • The application does not support visitors (travelers who aren't employees) very well at all. Managing travel for people who will not be Concur users (since they are not employees) is very cumbersome.
  • The import/export process is cumbersome. For manual imports, you must wait for the nightly import or contact Concur Support directly to run the import.
I believe Concur Expense is the best in its class. However, it has lots of areas for improvement. SAP is slow to implement improvements and rarely responds to solution suggestions posted by users and administrators in their solution portal.
Read Justin Wild's full review
Jessalyn Ka | TrustRadius Reviewer
All employees in our organization used Concur Expense to record their business expenses (gas expenses via a company issued credit card, mileage, individual business meal expenses, hotel expenses, parking, business meals with attendees, meeting expenses, office supplies, and other misc items). In the past, the organization used to mail in copies of their receipts for reimbursement alongside an excel activity report - this was a very time consuming task from start to finish. Not too mention the task for mailing out physical checks. We started implementing the use of Concur in 2012 and it has proved to be an efficient way of conducting business. Utilizing Concur Expense has been very cost effective and efficient in tracking our expenses for reimbursement. A vast majority of our staff also uses the mobile application - they appreciate the ability to upload their expenses at a moment's notice.
  • Cloud-based expense capability makes it that much easier to manage day to day expenses.
  • Allows our financing department to easily monitor expenses related to travel expenditures.
  • Has allowed us to go from paper receipts to a quick snap of the receipt and upload onto the Concur app.
  • Concur website, the initial interface can use some minor tweaks. Locating an old expense report is a challenge unless you're familiar with Concur.
  • Concur app - they ability to email a detailed expense report would be great.
Concur Expense is a very straight forward program - it's easy to learn. We had a veteran staff that was used to submitting paper receipts - they adapted very quickly to using Concur Expense. They liked the ability to snap a photo of receipt without having to worry about locating it later in the month to submit. A simpler tutorial would be nice to have for staff. Overall, a great program.
Read Jessalyn Ka's full review
Deborah Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Concur to reimburse our employees for mileage and any other business-related expenses. It allows employees to submit their expenses through the Concur App. Doing so eliminates all the paperwork, copies, and signatures they would have to obtain before Concur. Reviewing and approving expenses is a smooth process.
  • Eliminates paperwork.
  • We are able to reimburse employees through payroll.
  • It has a great feature of acting as another employee, which helps when you are trying to assist or to see their screen exactly as they see it.
  • We have issues with some of the addresses when using the mileage calculator. It does not pick up the right city and state sometimes.
  • The business purpose carries over automatically to the next expense you are trying to enter. Employees have to manually delete it on every single entry.
  • Trips that are recurring have to be entered over and over. A favorite trip or some sort of way of saving the same trip would be nice, instead of having to enter it every time.
  • It is supposed to analyze the receipts and fill in the fields for you. This doesn't always happen.
  • I don't like that once you download a file, there is not going back.
We always have issues with the Business purpose being carried over when entering a new expense.
Read Deborah Martinez's full review
Ron Toth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales team constantly travels. This might be to conferences or visiting clients. When we do, we are reimbursed for our expenses. This can be things like meals or driving charges. When we do, we need to document that information and then get reimbursed for it later. Usually, we would take a picture of receipts and then have to load them in and fill out additional information. With Concur, we're able to easily take a pic with our phone and have it read the receipt and fill out most of the information for us. Leading to a lot less time needing to be spent on it.
  • The picture functionality works very well.
  • It pre-populates a lot of the information we need to fill out in order to get reimbursed.
  • It does not have a lot of steps to complete the report.
  • The only negative I feel they have is the need to use the lock functionality on my phone. Before Concur, I didn't use a keypad to unlock my phone. For some reason, when you use Concur you need to have a keylock in. For me, that was a little annoying. Not a huge negative but a negative.
We can be at a restaurant and ready to leave and when we pay, we instantly snap a pic of the receipt and Concur will do the rest. Saves a ton of time. Sometimes, we just forget or lose the receipt so being able to do it as it happens is a huge benefit.
Read Ron Toth's full review
Stephanie MacMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is being used by our company across the entire organization. Each associate is assigned at least one account, and if they hold a company credit card, they are assigned two accounts for expense reconciliation. We use Concur Travel and Expense in conjunction with Nexus for personal expense reimbursement and for tracking company credit card usage.
  • User friendly with a clean interface
  • Phone app available
  • Easier to switch back-and-forth between credit card and personal
  • Wish it were easier to review receipts in the report-building area
Concur Travel and Expense is a great solution for many companies, because it can be customized for your business needs. It is well suited to track and manage expenses and give accurate reporting. It is easy for a user to upload receipts, track credit card purchases, and record mileage for submittal in Concur. It may not be as useful for a one-man operation--but anyone that has a company with associates could benefit from this software. Concur Travel and Expense is super easy to use and can be paired with TripIt which make tracking travel expenses easier, too!
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
Jason Kingma | TrustRadius Reviewer
Concur Travel and Expense is used by our entire organization to book work travel and to track and submit expenses for reimbursement. From a travel standpoint, the solution centralizes self-management of travel for employees by functioning as a search engine for various travel options and pricing. It helps to save time and cost by highlighting firm-negotiated pricing and preferred vendors, incorporating users' rewards programs, and saving and/or applying individual preferences for future travel within the user profile. It also provides a platform for company notes and alerts to the user base. Combining this function with expense management under the same solution also helps to expedite the reimbursement process.
  • Allowing for the promotion of preferred vendors while offering the flexibility to book outside of these preferences as needed.
  • Easy-to-use travel search engine for the enterprise level.
  • The user interface is not as aesthetically pleasing as some other travel and expense solutions.
  • As travel may not be booked for a trip in the same sitting, I have found it difficult and clunky to combine existing reservations into one trip. Not really intuitive.
For enterprise-wide travel and expense tracking Concur is an excellent solution overall. I can easily book travel at prices my organization has negotiated with preferred vendors, view (or review) itineraries, and track expenses all within the same profile/ account. When I am not in front of my computer, however, the mobile app feels a bit clunky.
Read Jason Kingma's full review
Matt Francis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Concur Travel and Expense across the whole organization for booking all travel and submitting expense reports. It helps the organization better manage monthly expenses for travel and business purposes by departments. In marketing it helps us in seeing the ROI of events we attend and additional marketing expenses.
  • Easy to search flights and hotels, sort by partner, price, review, location, etc.
  • Very easy to book travel and save information.
  • I can't really think of anything that I would recommend for improvement or consider a missing functionality.
Very easy tool to book the best priced travel and track/submit expenses from company and personal card transactions. The only time I don't book my hotel through Concur Travel and Expense is when the conference show I'm attending has a reserved amount of rooms at a better room rate for us than what Concur has available. But flights are always booked through Concur. And the best part is our company's status when flying, Delta always recognizes that and upgrades me frequently.
Read Matt Francis's full review

About Concur Travel and Expense

Concur Travel and Expense captures business spending wherever and whenever it happens. With Concur, users can connect the different pieces and partners of their expense ecosystem - integrating travel spend, ERP, accounting and card data in to a single, cloud-based and mobile system that manages the entire expense process from spend requests to reconciliation. The solution is designed to provide complete visibility into the user’s total spend and the transparency to see every detail of each transaction.

Concur Travel and Expense Features

Has featureE-receipt import
Has featureApproval process control
Has featureMulti-currency
Has featureReceipt management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureIntegrated travel, expense and ERP data
Has featureTMC data integration
Has featureSpend control
Has featureMobile applications
Has featureReporting

Concur Travel and Expense Screenshots

Concur Travel and Expense Video

Follow Linsy as she manages an event from end-to-end using SAP Concur tools to book travel, file expenses, manage her team, and follow her budget. SAP Concur connects to an extensive partner ecosystem to create one effortless experience while ensuring employee safety, adjusting to unforeseeable events, even helping Linsy navigate airports when gates suddenly change.

Concur Travel and Expense Integrations