Reviews (1-25 of 97)
Things that were not going well with our previous vendor were:
- Transparency and trust.
- Quality of backlinks.
- Low quality of reporting.
Conductor was able to solve all the above issues. Access to partner credits as an extended team has been really helpful for us. We have utilized them for writing SEO content for us.
- It's a great tool to use for keyword research which helped us in monitoring the progress and make adjustments to improve our organic presence.
- Online marketplace credits to connect with a broader team and help out in specific areas like content, optimization and technical web dev.
- We work with Christopher Jones and Stephanie LeVonne at Conductor, they have been more than helpful in answering questions, walking the team through the tool. They are always very responsive and come up with ideas on improving our SEO program.
- We have been pretty satisfied so far. Still have a lot to take in and leverage Searchlight to the best of its abilities.
- Conductor still has a lot of features, that needs to be explored and taken advantage of.
- We are working on getting there in the next year.
We have been super pleased over the last one year. Looking forward to explore more!
From discovery to demo through contract negotiation and onboarding, we had a very smooth experience. Team was setting up things in place even before our official start date, so that there was keyword tracking from day one!
Live chat feature is an added bonus, specially for an SEO platform!
- The Keyword Research Explorer tool in Conductor is excellent. It fits the needs of our content team directly. As they write content they can add that topic into Conductor and see the results of keywords they can use, or quick answer rich results gives them the edge to create strong SEO content on their own without using multiple teams.
- The batch edit of keywords is also a great and easy feature of Conductor. We have hundreds of keywords we monitor and being able to quickly batch update these keywords and add categories to them, give us an edge in reporting on keywords as well as making decisions based on these categories.
- Deep Crawl Site analysis through Conductor is a powerful scan tool. We have multiple SEO scanning tools, but Deep Crawl finds things that other tools in the industry have failed to find. We have been able to improve the performance of the site based on this tool.
- I would like to see a feature to manage the backlink disavow list through search console. If Conductor is able to add this, we may be able to drop one of our other tools and save some money in that area.
- Conductor has a lot of features and can be a bit overwhelming. It is a strength and a weakness, as it takes time to learn all that is available.
- Another feature I would like to see is more integration with GA, we leverage creating annotations in GA and it would be great to have those pulled into the Conductor dashboard automatically.
- Keyword Research
- Make recommendations on developing content
- Ablility to connect to many different projcet management tools to allow for streamlined processess
- Provide information on backlinks
- Allow for more automation in some very time consuming SEO projects
- Connect with Google Ads to find more synergy between SEO and SEM
Our customer success manager keeps us up to date on betas so we could try out new features in Conductor as soon as possible.
- Keyword Rank Tracking.
- Keyword Research/Suggestions.
- Technical website SEO.
- Backlinks: Checking and recommendations/suggestions.
- Basic audit tools (spelling/broken links/etc.
- Being more than an aggregator of data from other sources like search console, SEMRush.
- Make the interface more user friendly. So many places to navigate to, would be helpful if there was a main dashboard to use as a "homebase"/ starting point.
- Ability to use DeepCrawl to see if there are any glaring issues with the technical foundation of your site.
- Ability to create dashboards for different target keyword categories to determine SEO effectiveness from new pieces of content.
- Online training program that goes through the basics of SEO, but also gives a good reference in case you forget where certain tools are.
- There are some international domains that aren't trackable yet, but they're slowly adding them.
- Navigation menu may get a little confusing, but you'll get used to it over time.
- Some dashboards aren't as user friendly as you'd like.
It is currently "owned" by the Marketing department, but we are looking to expand SEO knowledge to other departments so that they understand how it affects their business lines and scope. We are training them first on the SEO basics, and then eventually the platform.
This helps the managers in turn, educate our Agents and their clients on our strengths vs any competitor.
- Track overall ranking at a high-level that can be drilled down of your entire website.
- Great support team with regular calls.
- Strong tool to provide opportunities for content marketing.
- Competitive analysis in the SEO/SEM space.
- Always innovating and integrating with other tools.
- None at the moment. Maybe price? Something can always be cheaper!
- Would love a simple tool that helps me find every page on the site that displays a certain word or phrase.
A less-suited example is where they will track performance of SEM (paid search for keywords). Although that will eventually happen I'm sure.
- Generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content
- Generates increasing traffic
- Higher organic marketing ROI
- Easy to use
- Provides demographic info
- Keyword ranking monitoring.
- Competitive analysis for keyword rankings.
- Customer service.
- Conductor API since some of the data that is received is hard to parse.
- If you use the system with geo-TLDs and have a lot of keyword crossover between regions, the keyword setup can be confusing.
- I love how I can look at source URLs in Conductor and find out WHERE bad links are coming from. It's so much more helpful than Google Search Console.
- I can see all of a site's issues at a glance, and drill down into details easily so that I can follow up on them quickly.
- I can request a Competitor Analysis that will help me understand my competition better and make adjustments on the fly.
- I'd like to be able to generate Marketplace reports on demand, rather than request them.
- There doesn't seem to be a place to see what I've requested via Marketplace. I have had to rely on emails. There really should be a dashboard for this. If one exists, it should be listed under "Marketplace".
- Increase the number of keywords you can track, domains, etc. per account.
It's also excellent for keyword research and offers really robust features. If you want a good idea of your site's visibility, Conductor has a ton of tools for this--Market Share, Rank Comparisons, Keyword Performance, Visibility Comparisons, Result Types, etc. I do not personally use the visibility tools in my position, but I have browsed them and can see that Conductor offers quite a lot of useful tools to fine-tune keywords.
- The ability to isolate answer boxes in the ranking analysis is excellent.
- The market share pie charts are a great way to get at-a-glance industry positioning.
- I appreciate the interface of the main rankings where you can click Top 5 and Did Not Rank, etc, toggling for each date range.
- It's easy to add or revise keyword lists without requesting help from the company.
- The "Activity Stream" homepage on each account has these widgets that were meant to be interesting insights, but I rarely found them useful.
- It is way too hard to use Conductor with an account that uses various markets (countries). You have to reload the whole interface for each country, which is very burdensome for some accounts with 15 or so countries -- reporting is almost impossible like this.
- I don't like that Conductor only uses Google data -- even though Bing/Yahoo and other engines are the vast majority, there are still trends to see there.
- I wish there was more focus on changes in search volume -- that would be nice to see any alerts about volume change.
- Keyword ranking - getting stats weekly on what keywords we are ranking for on 1st page and what the rank changes are is very useful insights that I don't even have to go look for. Wonderful that they are just delivered to my inbox.
- Content Improvement Suggestions - this is great for when you know you want to keep improving but need some thought starters on where to start.
- Account Success team is very hands on and informative. Having this hands on help that's essentially an extension of our team has been very helpful in getting us adjusted to the platform and helping guide us to sections of the platform we could be utilizing more. They also come up with great suggestions.
- I love the platform , but there is a lot happening on each page that sometimes causes you to take moment to find what you are looking for.
It would be less appropriate for a team that does not have have the bandwidth to be in the platform and utilize it. That is where I would suggest managed services.
- Tracking HTML changes and the impact on ranking.
- DeepCrawl integration provides a very detailed analysis of the technical aspects of our SEO efforts.
- The support that Conductor provides is some of the best I have encountered. They make themselves very accessible for questions and support.
- Navigating through the different areas can be a bit cumbersome.
- The platform is pricey but in line with competitors.
- The platform is so easy to use and understand
- The support is incredible -- I can reach out to any team member and get a clear answer to my question; our regular calls are also really helpful
- Conductor takes feedback VERY well; I remember seeing some things in development now that came from the NorthEast User Group
- This is wildly specific, but I'd love some automatic custom reporting
- Within the workspaces too, I'd like a cleaner integration with Google Docs/Sheets
- Content creation and keyword research.
- Tracking content performance and recommendations.
- Reporting of SEO efforts and rankings.
- Can be complex when navigating from feature to feature.
- May take time for new SEOs to be familiar with what feature does what.
- Identifying the content opportunity.
- Rank monitoring and alerts in changes.
- Innovative technology (launches updates often).
- I would like to see downloadable PDFs or more ways to share information found within the platform.
- Customer Service. By far what they offer is the best. I have access to a team and their calendars. So when I need to set up a meeting I know when they are available. They are easy to talk to and help me work through any problem I might be having.
- Reports. I've seen reports by some of their competitors and quite honestly wasn't sure what I was looking at. But Conductors reports can be streamlined to fit several different audiences and I can email them out (automatically) whenever I want to whomever I want, whether they are a Conductor user or not.
- Competitive Analysis. I've not done a lot of comparison with other vendors, but I like the convenient, straightforward way Conductor shows your competitors and how they are ranking in comparison to you. You have control over your competitors and can change them when needed.
- Site Analysis. Conductor uses DeepCrawl for its site analysis. While this is a powerful tool that helps me know everything wrong with my website like - no titles, short descriptions, no Alt tags, etc - the amount of information can be overwhelming. Initially, I had thousands of errors I was trying to fix using DeepCrawl - it was difficult to know what I had corrected and what still needed to be corrected without doing another crawl. It would be helpful if there was a way to check off things that had been fixed as I was working through the list.
- Conductor does a great job training. First, they introduced me to Conductor and walked me through everything, and helped me create workspaces and set up reports. Then we moved on to the site analysis with DeepCrawl. Because I had so much work to do from the site analysis it was a while before I got back into Conductor. I had forgotten much of the training by that point. But the team is helping me get back into the flow of things again. They are great like that!
- My favorite part of Conductor is the reporting features. I can't speak highly enough of the reporting. Before Conductor, we didn't have much visibility into how our efforts were affecting our site traffic and rankings, but now, showing the leadership team that the marketing team is doing a good job is easy! I just forward our executive team the weekly reports and they seem to love it too!
- The account management team has been beyond helpful throughout the entire engagement. They have been responsive to all of our needs and questions even after our account was set up. Their expertise is beyond valuable and they help us think creatively on ways to use the platform we aren't currently using.
- One of the best parts of Conductor is the ease of use for users of all experience levels. We have beginners and experts using the platform alike and it seems to be a great fit for everyone.
- Conductor's Explorer feature makes it easy for us to develop new content. Before we were manually searching for topics to write about, now it's easier than ever.
- We track backlinks every week for our executive team, Conductor doesn't have an easy way right now to find this information. However, our account management team has been fantastic and has been providing this information for us every week.
- Getting set up in Conductor is time consuming and takes some effort internally, but is primarily done by the Conductor team. It may be worth having longer strategy sessions with the teams for a shorter implementation time.
- Market Share only shows your market share within your tracked keywords. I think it would be beneficial to see how we rank against our competitors on keywords we're not tracking. This may expose some keywords we're not tracking that we should be tracking.
- The customer support team is absolutely the best in market. There's no other SEO organization that cares for its customers like Conductor.
- Data is extremely easy to read. There's no confusing jargon to try and learn; relevant terms are kept clear, concise, and understandable. If you're not sure what something means, Conductor is great about teaching!
- The data provided is so robust, yet isn't just "fluff." A lot of companies throw in things that sound really cool, but don't ultimately help you move the needle. Conductor keeps things relevant and on-task, leaving the "filler" to others.
- Weekly or bi-weekly recurring calls with the account team would be nice. I'm sure this is probably possible, but we haven't pursued it as intentionally as we should, based on our current workload. They're always available when we have any questions or needs.
When you sign with Conductor, get ready: you've got some serious data coming your way! If you aren't going to leverage a lot of SEO data in your strategy, they're not for you. If you're ready to truly start creating SEO strategy that WINS, start the conversation now! You won't regret it!
I know I can count on the data from Conductor to always be timely, relevant, and accurate 100% of the time.
- The Content Performance tool allows me to view what effect my content is having on my site and what pages are being viewed, clicked on and interacted with the most.
- DeepCrawl allows me to view my site as an engine would and points any issues that I need to address immediately on a monthly basis
- The Managed Services team is spot on in helping me see other issues that I may have missed in my study and is always willing to provide some help in other aspects of job.
- I feel that the paid & organic optimizer section needs some work to help with the research, needs to be a bit more functional I believe.
- If there is a backlink tool, I have not seen it. It is something I would definitely like to use.
- A social SEO optimizer would also be of some great help.
- Their keyword rankings are very helpful in determining if our SEO campaign is working. Having tools that provide fresh content ideas is also helpful for writing blog articles.
- Their competitor tools help in identifying keywords or areas where our clients are being outranked. The Explorer feature allows you to find out which keywords competitor websites are ranking for. This is great for keyword research and to get an idea of industry specific jargon that may be overlooked in keyword research.
- The organic/paid search section optimizer is also great for gaining insights between organic and paid search.
- Their reporting is easy to use and provides high-level views as well as getting granular depending on who your audience is.
- Conductor offers weekly tracking for keyword rankings for entry level. They do offer daily tracking as well however it's an additional charge. Would be nice if you had the choice for either option without having to upgrade.
- I think additional SEO tools should be added to Conductor to avoid having to use 3 other tools for example. Currently, for backlink audits or technical audits, I have to use other vendors. I would love to see the data in Conductor.
- Their platform is easy to use however the menu options change often and some features that I've leveraged on a daily basis have different functionality or are taken away altogether which can be frustrating.
- Easy to navigate dashboard that turns complex data into digestable and actionable information.
- Automated and customizable workspaces that make annual reports a breeze.
- Being able to easily explore what content topics are trending or related to pieces you already developed.
- Our bi-weekly strategy calls are both fun and extremely helpful.
- World class customer service. I cannot explain how amazing this company is.
- Ability to filter out non feasible recommendations (adding a long tail keyword to your blog home page URL for example)
- Reports are incredibly easy to read
- Competitive analysis through Conductor is addicting!
- All Conductor employees I have interacted with have been extremely helpful and kind.
- Recommendations are not always helpful/accurate.
- There are so many features, it's hard to keep track of.
- Sometimes features are renamed and hard to find.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Conductor Searchlight?
Conductor is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Slack, Salesforce, athenahealth, and Visa.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Pricing
Starting Price: $1,995
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|