https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Dl/R5/UNZ290FQ37T5.PNGConnectwise to the rescue!I'm a sole proprietor and ConnectWise makes it possible for me to connect with my clients from home, across the United States and Canada. ConnectWise allows me to connect with clients and see their specific issues first hand. I am also able to save clients money for training that would have to be done on site because I am able to connect to their individual workstations and to do program training with the individual or group remotely at their convenience.,Allows me to download files from a toolbox feature or drag and drop from my server to their system. Gives an easy to use client access window to easily find different clients and groups. Simple to use, install and work with. Unlike many other programs of its type, it is easy to generate an email invitation to a client to connect or give them a simple code to connect. Also has the ability for me to share my screen with clients for training and demonstrations.,That's a tough one! Great program, great features already. Possibly allowing the chat box to remain on screen. It closes when you connect to a program or open windows on the screen. Allow more than 1 username/ password to be stored for the auto access. Notes made on different machines seem to disappear if there is an upgrade. I lost some notes I had made on sites I support using this feature.,10,Because using the program is at a very low cost, I have the ability to service any client and provide training to any client if they have a computer. Saves travel time and expenses associated with travel to support/train clients. Also can be done at any time of day because of continual access. Gives the client peace of mind to know that I can access and fix an issue with a workstation any time of the day, weekends, evenings when they are not available etc.,LogMeIn Pro, AnyMeeting and BroadSoft Team-One,Camtasia, Microsoft Access, OneNoteTo ConnectWise or not to ConnectWise?Product selection Training,I knew what I was looking for previous to looking at Automate so not sure they helped me understand what I needed. But I was looking for a class leading RMM tool that had good third party consultants available to help bring online.,Automation of mundane and repetitive tasks. Management of our clients,It can be painfully slow. It's quite complex and needs a lot of training.,9,I felt they were the overall best choice business wise for our company.,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Sell (formerly Quosal), Bitdefender GravityZone and Microsoft Office 365,AutotaskConnectWise Automate, simply the best.We use it daily to support our clients. We are an MSP that supports small to mid-sized local governments. It integrates well with our other applications.,Smooth remote access to managed devices. Real-time machine health. Seamless integration with ConnectWise manage and Bizdox.,We have some issues with the managed devices actually being online but no connection through the application. Have to restart the service on the machine. A little slow for the application to load on startup. Resource heavy.,9,It is extremely valuable to us; as we use the ConnectWise platform; it is well integrated into the entire CW platform.,LogMeIn Rescue,Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365, Webroot SecureAnywhereConnectWise Control - Great for Large OrganizationsConnectWise Automate is used by our organization to allow our engineers to do 99% or their job remotely. We use it to monitor the status of computers, maintain software, and maintain a clean patching environment. It does its name justice as it allows us to automate a good portion of our environment.,The way we can automate tasks to run keeps our client's system as up to date as possible. It allows our engineers to work silently on a customers machine without interrupting their productivity. The vast array of plugins, allows for great customization to fit your needs.,Patch Manager could use improvement. At times, it will crash in the middle of patching, or switching between configurations. Setting the patch priorities seems a little convoluted. The ability to copy over a file using the silent File Explorer would be nice. Rather than having to interrupt the user to replace a file or execute a download. I would like to see more details in script logs. I want to see why a script failed, what step it was executing.,8,Automate has given our company the means to manage all of our clients across the country in one piece of software. Automate has allowed us to customize it to our needs to allow us to greatly benefit us and our customers. Automate has allowed us to quickly respond to our customers and support them as best we can.,Apple Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Services,IT Glue, Barracuda Email Security Service, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)Behold the power of ConnectWise AutomateProduct deployment and configuration Customer support / Help desk Turnkey managed services,ConnectWise Automate was designed with managed services providers in mind, but can also be applied to large-scale enterprises as well. The issues MSPs and Enterprises face is managing assets centrally in a single pane of glass. Automate attempts to deliver this single pane of glass management and monitoring solution with the ability to remediate automatically via scripts, as well as deploy and manage software installations via their policies.,Scripting across multiple domains Remote Resource Monitoring Onboarding,Patch Management can be un-reliable at times Easier UI Better integration with AntiVirus providers,8,Using ConnectWise products and knowing how easily this would integrate into our ticketing system and billing systems. It's a seamless integration, and makes it very difficult to choose another provider. We were using it prior to the integration because of the feature set and the ease of management of all our client's resources.,4,Veeam Backup & Replication, 8x8 Virtual Office Enterprise Suite and ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)
Windows
ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Automate Reviews

ConnectWise Automate
Top Rated Award
Filter 76 vetted ConnectWise Automate reviews and ratings
June 14, 2018

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Connectwise to the rescue!"

• Allows me to download files from a toolbox feature or drag and drop from my server to their system.
  • Gives an easy to use client access window to easily find different clients and groups.
  • Simple to use, install and work with. Unlike many other programs of its type, it is easy to generate an email invitation to a client to connect or give them a simple code to connect. Also has the ability for me to share my screen with clients for training and demonstrations.
  • That's a tough one! Great program, great features already.
  • Possibly allowing the chat box to remain on screen. It closes when you connect to a program or open windows on the screen.
  • Allow more than 1 username/ password to be stored for the auto access. Notes made on different machines seem to disappear if there is an upgrade. I lost some notes I had made on sites I support using this feature.
If you need 24 hr access to a client, ability to access workstations and have the same abilities as if you were physically there. Also, could be the less appropriate for organizations with multiple employees wherein having this type of access may be in violation of privacy of the client, or employees that can access client information inappropriately. I work in the medical field, and due to HIPPA, this could be a problem if I had employees that were not HIPPA trained or certified.
Read Catherine Zuniga's full review
March 14, 2018

ConnectWise Automate Review: "To ConnectWise or not to ConnectWise?"

• Automation of mundane and repetitive tasks.
  • Management of our clients
  • It can be painfully slow.
  • It's quite complex and needs a lot of training.
If you are an MSP looking to scale and are willing to put in the time and effort it will take you a long way.
Read William Pote's full review
June 29, 2018

User Review: "ConnectWise Automate, simply the best."

• Smooth remote access to managed devices.
  • Real-time machine health.
  • Seamless integration with ConnectWise manage and Bizdox.
  • We have some issues with the managed devices actually being online but no connection through the application. Have to restart the service on the machine.
  • A little slow for the application to load on startup.
  • Resource heavy.
-Great solution for MSP and internal IT departments who manage several sites and machines.
-A little too expensive for small IT providers to manage just a few machines.
June 29, 2018

ConnectWise Automate Review: "ConnectWise Control - Great for Large Organizations"

• The way we can automate tasks to run keeps our client's system as up to date as possible.
  • It allows our engineers to work silently on a customers machine without interrupting their productivity.
  • The vast array of plugins, allows for great customization to fit your needs.
  • Patch Manager could use improvement. At times, it will crash in the middle of patching, or switching between configurations. Setting the patch priorities seems a little convoluted.
  • The ability to copy over a file using the silent File Explorer would be nice. Rather than having to interrupt the user to replace a file or execute a download.
  • I would like to see more details in script logs. I want to see why a script failed, what step it was executing.
ConnectWise Automate is well suited for a large scale environment with multiple clients. A Managed Service Provider would benefit greatly from software like this. Your clients can have access to their computers as well which can help them manage their machines as well. ConnectWise Automate would not be ideal for a small company as it primarily caters to the management of a large scale organization.
January 10, 2018

Review: "Behold the power of ConnectWise Automate"

• Scripting across multiple domains
  • Remote Resource Monitoring
  • Onboarding
  • Patch Management can be un-reliable at times
  • Easier UI
  • Better integration with AntiVirus providers
If you are tasked with managing a large IT network, or a multi-domain/multi-client group of systems, there really aren't many better options out there. Automate, when configured properly, can handle patching, scripting, on board and off boarding of clients, and give you greater insight into your client's pain points via reporting and monitoring.
Read Donovon Carter's full review
December 27, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Automate - the fastest way to improve productivity and client satisfaction for MSPs"

• Management of servers and workstations. Organized by client and location for ease of use.
  • Remote access is unparalleled, one button click and the computer is up with very good refresh rate.
  • Scripts and automation are easy to create and perform. Automated reboots of servers / workstations make management easy.
  • Steep learning curve, program can be very intimidating when initially configuring and deploying.
  • Software version upgrades can become a bit clunky and "undo" some progress. Recent version upgrade revamped entire Windows patching system and required setup from scratch.
  • Limitations on hardware monitoring, especially for hypervisors with VMWare.
Any MSP should investigate this software, as a former user of N-Able, LabTech has much more automation and is feature rich. It literally takes years of use to scratch the surface of its possibilities.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
December 01, 2017

Review: "We won't change from ConnectWise Automate!"

• Remote access
  • Alerting on issues
  • Integration with ConnectWise
  • Quick access to system logs
  • Patch Management
  • Ease of implementation
  • Script library updated
I think it is well suited for any MSP. We like being able to set up our clients that have in-house IT with their own login so they can access their in-house computers quickly and still have our Windows patching and alerting. I don't know where it would be less appropriate but I feel you do have to have a dedicated technician to manage Automate.
Read Stana Steen's full review
October 10, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Good product for compliance and automated servicing."

• Silent installs
  • Automate certain tasks
  • Get information from the computer
  • Scripting required to use
  • Can sometimes screw up and cause an over-run on memory
  • Backend can be hard to use
It meets our needs by providing our IT staff with the information necessary to diagnose problems. It also can automate processes like restarting services that have stopped or alerting us when a major issue is going on with a server. This has allowed us to be proactive rather than reactive and given us the power to maintain our systems around the clock.
Read Riccardo Francese's full review
October 06, 2017

User Review: "ConnectWise Automate is the best!"

We are using ConnectWise Automate to support and monitor our customer's networks and servers. We use it to deploy applications and scripts as well. It gives us many other different tools for providing fast and efficient service and support to our customers.
  • Remote Monitoring
  • Remote Support
  • Automated Issue Resolution
  • The GUI of the program could be a little more "user-friendly"
It's well suited for the MSP market.
Read Daniel Creamer's full review
September 08, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Pretty good product for small/mid MSPs"

We are a managed services provider and use it as one of our RMM tools. We use it to administer patching, reports, integration with antivirus software, integration with backup software and remotely connect to workstations/servers. Our entire service desk and professional services team use LabTech. We do not use it for network monitoring, Office 365 management or AD integration.
  • The integration with ScreenConnect is my favorite. Being able to console in directly to a machine within a matter of a few clicks is great. Performance is better than TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Bomgar, Join.me and vnc.
  • Integration with third party products, such as Webroot or Shadow Protect. It has made deployments much easier to manage.
  • Support. The support team at LabTech has always been great. They are always able to locate a knowledge base article or assist with an issue relatively quickly and resolve it just as fast.
  • Patching. This used to work well, but since the 10.0 version forward, it has been lacking. Too often we have systems that don't patch and servers that don't reboot and manual intervention is needed.
  • Reporting. Could use a lot of work. Even with going to Devexpress, we aren't seeing what we want for larger businesses and have to rely on creating our own reports through other tools.
  • Support for third party products. I find a lot that if it isn't integrated to LabTech, the reporting on it lacks. Currently my biggest pet peeve, is how LabTech reports other antivirus statuses. Works great if it is Vipre, ESET or Webroot, but if you are using Trend, Symantec or something else, you don't get accurate data about version status or if it is up to date. Sometimes, it doesn't report an antivirus installed, even though it clearly is.
Overall, I think LabTech ( LT) has been able to do well in all areas, but I see it lacking the ability to manage large scale environments. The LT server itself starts having performance issues over 5,000 agents. Even though you can break out certain services, it needs to be able to scale much higher than that. Within the next 2-3 years, we will have double the amount of agents we currently have and right now we are at 6,500.
December 27, 2017

"ConnectWise Automate Review"

• One single location for all data (for NOC)
  • Easily scalable
  • Enforces consistent workflows (once the are configured)
  • Support often takes days if not weeks to respond
  • Constant attempts to upsell us on other products
  • Typically we are told changes to the program will require us to pay them more $
This is the ideal program if you are already using ConnectWise (Manage), but not a stretch as ConnectWise purchased LabTech (now Automate) so the programs are really one in the same. The more clients an MSP has, the more value that this program provides. However, the hosted option of Automate (instead of on-premise) is astronomical.
July 13, 2017

Review: "ConnectWise Automate works well...if you invest the time"

Our organization supports over 5000 end-points across 130+ locations leveraging ConnectWise Automate's remote monitoring and management capabilities. In addition to basic monitoring and alerting ConnectWise Automate (CWA) is also leveraged for software deployment, license management, and custom-built script writing/deployment. Integration with our PSA (ConnectWise Manage) is seamless as is integration with ConnectWise Control.
  • Incredibly robust with infinite capabilities
  • Recognized as one of the top 2 RMMs in the industry
  • Strong community/forum users
  • Ample add-ins for integrating with other vendor tools
  • Incredibly robust -- unlikely you'll ever leverage 100% of what CWA has to offer
  • Requires dedicated resource(s) in order to fully leverage scripting and customization capabilities
  • Thick client -- slow to load and bulky to use.
For larger MSPs with dedicated NOC personnel - this is a great selection. For smaller MSPs looking for basic monitoring and alerting, there are easier and cheaper solutions that should be considered.
Read Richard Anderson's full review
April 24, 2017

ConnectWise Automate: "LabTech Review - MSP Standpoint"

We use LabTech as a RMM tool to help delivery and integrate our Managed Services catalogue for clients. It has become an essential tool for supporting our Service Desk operations and proactive maintenance to our clients. LabTech is used by other departments of our company to help gather information or assess situations when going on prom is not optimal. Being able to support our clients and their end users from the background has been vital to our company and changed the way we do business.
  • Provides a ticket based system that integrates directly into the user's computer for easy access to Ticket Submissions.
  • Provides a remote connection tool, ScreenConnect, that is amazing to use.
  • Provides a very technical approach to managing computers and servers.
  • Powerful reporting and auditing features.
  • Cloud partners have issues with infrastructre stability and reliability.
  • Broken agents need self remediation for when they have been offline for too long.
  • Number of built in scripts, screens, modules don't work completley.
  • Patch Manager needs serious attention.
Suited well for an MSP that is managing multiple clients with workstations and servers at multiple sites. Less appropriate for an internal tool to a 1 person IT department. Would not recommend to someone who does not have a technical background - Need to have a firm understanding of computers, networking, etc.
Read Carson Hagan, ITILv3's full review
April 17, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech - Good solid choice for the MSP"

We use LabTech to manage and help maintain our managed service clients.

LabTech handles our needs well, including server and high-priority workstation monitoring and remediation of issues and errors.
While it's a little bit of a challenge to setup and implement, once you put the time in, it only increases its value the more you utilize and customize it.
  • Handles alerting of critical and moderate issues
  • Integrates with our PSA solution
  • Allows for rapid remote access with an integrated implementation of ScreenConnect
  • Initial implementation and setup is a bit of a bear. We have, over the years, completely re-done our installation 3 or 4 times.
  • Allow a more feature-rich implementation of ScreenConnect to be run with LT so that if you want to give a client a session key, they can connect in that way as well as through the unattended client.
  • Sometimes server down alerts, raid failure alerts are not sent. High potential for egg-on-face ...
Well suited to true and hybrid MSP model shops.

Not well suited for an in-house IT that is already strained and who doesn't have time to read up and or be trained to understand LT.
Read Scott Sanford's full review
March 09, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "I trust Labtech to automate our support"

We use LabTech to care for all of the endpoints under our management. Our techs love it!
  • We switched over from Kaseya and immediately found that the scripting engine was far more powerful! We have many architecture, engineering and construction clients that require quite a few applications. We weren't able to script most of them with Kaseya, however we are now able to with LabTech (our biggest scripted application is 50gb in size).
  • LabTech monitors everything! I found it far easier to have everything monitored and quiet it down than it is to keep adding in the individual monitors. We used to always miss something, now it's built in for us
  • Compared to Kaseya, support at LabTech is VERY good. With Kaseya, I'd only get a call back if the server was hard down. Now I have chat support and someone gets back to me the same day every time.
  • LabTech's UI was obviously built by a developer :-) I've seen some of the mock ups of what the product will look like in the future and it's a huge improvement!
MSP's are well suited for LabTech software
Read Karl Fulljames's full review
March 03, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Experience Using LabTech"

We use LabTech daily for a number of IT service help desk mission-critical operations. We have important monitors and scripts that keep servers and workstations working at peak performance, as well as alerts and scheduled automated processes. We use information from it daily to provide reports and audit the health of our clients' data.
  • Monitoring critical server services
  • Scheduled scripts and processes on servers and workstations
  • Auto-remediation of many important IT tasks
  • Alerting and reporting on health and other critical endpoint data
  • Customer support is very knowledgeable/good
  • Knowledge base is very good
  • Response time on some tickets has lagged from time to time
  • Sometimes initially, a reported issue may not be well-understood
  • Windows patching support is sub-par
LabTech is a good fit for an MSP that wants to automate processes for their clients' endpoints. It integrates well with the ConnectWise PSA and customizes fairly well. For a company that wants to dedicate their staff to other pursuits, LabTech can automate a lot of the important things.
Read Ian Hansen's full review
February 28, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Automation at its finest"

As a managed service provider, we used LabTech to manage, automate and maintain our customers' networks.
  • LabTech is great for keeping your Microsoft machines up to date with patching. You can set and approve patches on for each of your customer's specific needs.
  • The monitoring allows for full customization according to your needs.
  • System automation saves your company time by automatically resolving issues without the need for human interaction.
  • Virtual machine monitoring is not that robust and hard to configure.
  • Alerting can sometimes be overwhelming.
  • VNC can sometimes be troublesome to connect to machines.
I have used many of LabTech's competitors and I can tell you that LabTech is the best of the best.
February 24, 2017

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech, the last RMM You Will Ever Use"

We utilize LabTech, or Connectwise Automate as they have changed the name, to rapidly deploy remote management tools to our end clients. We use it to do everything from managing Windows patches to automatically cleaning registry errors and auto fixing issues with Windows. We also use it to distribute approved software and make tickets for pressing end client issues. It also enables us to deploy commands to entire environments if we need to mass deploy a GPO or find a single file in hundreds of computers.
  • Scalability.
  • Reduces time that techs need to work on remote computers.
  • Infinitely customizable.
  • Auto fix actions to keep your techs focused on what really matters.
  • Complex setup and configuration, you need a degree in LabTech to really be able to implement it without some help from Connectwise.
  • The main control center and dashboard GUI looks like it came out of Windows 98 but the Computer Management and Patch Management screens look like Windows 10, it can be jarring going back and forth.
  • You will have no clue what to do with all your free time once you have it set up.
LabTech is best suited when you need to manage many different computers on many different clients or hundreds of computers on a single client. Don't bother picking this up if you have less than fifty endpoints that you manage. Also if you are unfamiliar with key SQL, PowerShell, and Scripting concepts you may want to take a few courses before implementing LabTech as it can be very technical to get the initial setup out of the way. After that, you can deploy software, reboot computers, run remote PowerShell commands, and more with the touch of a single button.
September 16, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "How LabTech has improved our day to day operations."

We use LabTech primarily in our managed services group within our company. We use it to manage over 4000 client workstations and servers. It lets us consistently monitor, patch and remotely manage our client systems as efficiently as possible. We also use it for other tasks as well like assisting our clients with keeping their hardware and software inventories up to date and using it to deploy software to systems.
  • LabTech lets us consistently monitor client systems for basic things like server up/down, low disk space and high CPU and memory usage. It also excels at automatically detecting and monitoring specific systems like e-mail and database servers. Because LabTech automatically applies the proper monitoring, onboarding new clients is very simple.
  • We use LabTech for automation for repetitive tasks. For example, when a low disk alert is received, we run a script automatically to clear out temp and other unnecessary files that we've defined. A tech only needs to get involved if the script isn't able to automatically free up enough space. Automation like this greatly increases our efficiency.
  • The ScreenConnect remote control is fantastic. Having the ability to instantly connect to a client system directly from LabTech makes our job a lot easier. Previously we had to depend on client specific remote access solutions which varied from client to client. Now we can connect to every client the same way.
  • While LabTech does an excellent job at monitoring servers and workstations, it lacks in network device monitoring. We tried for a while to use the built in SNMP device monitoring effectively but eventually went with a different product which fit our needs. However, the nice thing about LabTech is that it is open with integrating with third party products and we are working on integrating the SNMP product
  • Support can be slow to respond which is a minus. However, once you are able to get to someone, the techs are very nice and helpful.
LabTech is well suited to MSPs who manage mostly Windows Systems. While LabTech can manage Mac computers, the feature set is limited. Also, LabTech does a lot of different things so if someone is looking for a solution to a single problem (monitoring, remote control, etc.), LabTech could be overkill. LabTech is an ideal tool for MSPs or larger organizations to manage many systems. As LabTech is a complex system, it requires a certain amount of care and feeding so LabTech may not be an ideal solution for a small organization with not a lot of systems to manage.
Read Eric Christiansen's full review
August 15, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech is a platform you can build an IT service company on"

LabTech is being used to remotely manage and monitor our clients' computers, servers, and networks. We use it to deliver automated services that allow us to increase profits by reducing labor. It is a force multiplier that allows us to deliver services consistently and timely across our entire client base. We have several applications that integrate with LabTech to help keep all our technicians informed and it aids in providing quick support to clients.
  • Scripting - Automation is what makes LabTech great. The built-in scripts are a good start, but the real power comes from being able to customize the automation to make it your own.
  • Remote Control - Not having to roll a truck for every service ticket is a huge time and money saver. It is fast and reliable. It works every time with no delays.
  • Integration - LabTech's framework allows for tight integration with other applications and gives you freedom to select the components that are a best fit for your business. For example: you aren't locked into one baked-in antivirus or disaster recovery application.
  • Network Monitoring - Network monitoring isn't the strongest point for LabTech. Mostly this is due to the licensing model. They aren't charging you for monitoring printers, switches, and routers so their isn't much incentive for them to make it a best-in-class network monitoring tool. However, remember integration is a strong suit and what it lacks here can be made up with third party utilities that can "plug-in" if you need something stronger.
  • UI in flux - With LabTech 11 the next generation tile based computer management screen has been rolled out. While it updates the Interface to a much more modern look and feel. There are some things that need to be tweaked. Speed is a bit of an issue. On the plus-side, each month's patches have made strides of improvement and the developers are really in-tune with getting it right.
  • Not a Microsoft SQL database back-end - I personally don't count this as a "con", but if you are expecting to find a Microsoft back-end it isn't. MySQL is the default database used with this product.
LabTech was built by an MSP for MSPs. It can scale from small one man shops to organizations with tens of thousands of endpoints under management. LabTech isn't just for service providers. Enterprises are starting to pick up on the power of LabTech and adopt it as well. It is a great value with a proven track record and solid management guiding its future success in servicing its partners needs.
Read Justin Nehring's full review
August 03, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech, Managed or Not?"

LabTech is used across our entire organization for both MSP and non-MSP clients. It assists with the management and tracking of the PC assets across all clients, gives our Team the tools and information that they need to support the endpoints, and the automation needed for deployment and support of a large number of endpoints with fewer resources.
  • Automation
  • Customization
  • Flexibility
  • Managment
  • Technical Support
  • QA of new releases
  • Communications with their customers
LabTech is a great product, but has great room for improvement and has gradually improved over the past year or so. It lacks some maturity in the product, but excels in features and flexibility. The lack of maturity can usually be over come with some customization due to its flexibility, but it requires additional man hours spent on the product. At times, the support of the test technology is also an issue, but again can usually be over come by additional customization.
Read Jack Skinner's full review
September 14, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech - force multiplication that works well so you don't have to work harder"

We use it to manage clients' servers and workstations. The service department uses it exclusively. It allows us to effectively support varied infrastructures.
  • Scripting - LabTech's scripting engine is powerful and allows us to automatically remediate issues, and reduce work for routine tasks as well schedule tasks.
  • Integrated GUI - The Control Center has a lot of information and it allows us to find issues without asking for remote control of client computers.
  • Remediation - The tools provided give us multiple ways to deliver support which can be necessary at times.
  • Better AV management integration. Currently we use ESET and Webroot and we often go to the web console of the software vs. the built in LabTech control panels.
  • Some better placement of tools. Not all are very intuitive.
  • License management of add-ons. Not easy to get a quick report.
I think it works well as a standalone RMM platform and could supplant tools like LANdesk if the ticketing and other reporting tools were richer. I'd like to see better IoT support and that will come but for now it's a solid tool and well suited for internal and outsourced IT departments.
Read Stuart Bryan's full review
September 13, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech leads to more productive and positive environment"

We use LabTech to monitor technology assets for approximately 50 clients with 800 endpoints in total. LabTech alerts us to issues that need to be addressed by creating tickets in our Connectwise system. It also allows us to connect to endpoints remotely for problem resolution when the issue cannot be automatically addressed and resolved by LabTech. In some instances, we can use LabTech to remediate the issue without having to connect to the endpoint, a real plus in many situations.
  • Remote access to endpoints is through Screenconnect. This tool connects faster than anything we have ever used and we have far fewer problems connecting than we had with other tools.
  • The integration with Connectwise is very tight. Many tickets are created for issues that may need attention, but are then closed because the situation has been resolved. For example, we get tickets when servers are offline. When the issue is resolved, the tickets automatically close and we don't have to go through them to make sure that they were closed.
  • LabTech also allows us to control how tickets are created in our Connectwise system based on the category of alert. It is very easy to make sure critical issues are separated from non-critical issues so that our on-call team can be notified of critical events and not bothered with alerts that do not require immediate attentions.
  • The reporting functionality could certainly be improved. You can schedule reports to be sent to clients or internally, but the scheduling is very inflexible.
  • When we purchased LabTech, we were also interested in backup software that would integrate and allow us to perform workstation image backups to local NAS drives. We went with ArcServe only to find out that it wasn't well integrated, in fact, I don't think it is unfair to say that is was not integrated at all. We also learned that we were paying for licenses that are actually free directly from ArcServe. We were able to get the billing changed and we were eventually able to get LabTech to monitor the ArcServe backups, but there still isn't really what we would call integration available.
  • Many of the things that we asked about during implementation had answers that began with 'you can write an SQL query....'. In my mind, this is not an acceptable answer. These were not off the wall requests, but were about how to get the same functionality we had in our previous tool. I don't expect to have to use SQL queries to get reasonable information out of the tool.
Overall, LabTech works well for us and we are happier than we were with our previous tools. The ease and speed at which we can make remote connections has made our team more productive than we were previously. There is, however, a period of time where you need to be fine tuning the tools to eliminate some of the noise that is generated out of the box.
Read Linda Lynch's full review
August 17, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "Labtech an excellent MSP framework"

We are currently using LabTech to support our customers IT systems. For our larger customer's we provide LabTech as a service to augment our customers Internal IT operations.
LabTech provides a framework for our automation of windows systems management, using its API we integrate our UNIX systems management as well
  • LabTech's scripting is some of the best we have used in the RMM market, while not as intuitive as others it is far more powerful
  • LabTech's Integration with ScreenConnect makes connecting to many different systems quickly very easy
  • LabTech currently can not provide very fine-grained monitoring that is needed for monitoring HA systems
  • LabTech's scalability is limited by the hosting platform. a rebuild to use a more robust hosting platform in a scale out vs scale up methodology would be greatly preferred
  • Labtechs managment system
LabTech is well suited for advanced MSP's it is a framework more than a solution. The time involved in setting it up is quite high compared to other RMM's we have used. The analogy i use to describe lab tech is it is an erector set, you can do just about anything you want with it.

It currently uses a windows-based console to access the system, We would prefer a full web console just for being able to access the system universally
Read Steven Peterson's full review
August 17, 2016

ConnectWise Automate Review: "LabTech is everything you need in a tool to support your Managed IT Services business"

We are a Managed Services company and use LabTech to provide IT management services to our customers. We use it to provide the standard RMM tasks of monitoring and maintenance, patching, remote access through ScreenConnect, antivirus, scripting and automation. It allows us to have a small team of technicians that can work either remotely or on-site at our customers to manage a large number of customer machines.
  • Scripting and automation is very strong with LabTech - my first visit to the yearly conference someone told me that "LabTech can do anything" and over the years I've learned that is almost entirely true.
  • Remote access. LabTech/ConnectWise purchased the company ScreenConnect over a year ago and integrated it fully into the LabTech product at no additional charge. ScreenConnect is truly the best remote access software I've ever used.
  • LabTech is at the top of the industry and we see the benefits from that with the 3rd party integrations that come from being a big player in the market. Big and small companies have worked with LabTech to make custom plugins for their products - products like Intel vPro, Microsoft CloudConnect, Veeam Backup, and ConnectWise are among our favorite integrations.
  • Product updates are historically an area where I would like to see improvement, though to be fair they are working hard on improving it. Major releases often are delayed for months with no real communication or explanation. They have recently promised monthly bug fix releases, and they have stuck to it which is appreciated.
  • There is a module that integrates with Active Directory and imports contacts to be synced with service tickets. The AD module could use a lot of improvements - mainly being smarter and being able to detect removed/disabled contacts.
  • Network monitoring with SNMP is something that's been promised an improvement but haven't seen any movement on in a long time. The current functionality is barely usable so we've added additional 3rd party products to our toolbox to fill that need.
All Managed Service Providers should be on LabTech. Period. I've used/seen some of the competition and while they all have their pros/cons, I don't think anything else compares. In the Enterprise sector it could also be very valuable for an IT team to remotely access and manage all endpoints. I'm not sure it would be worth the investment for smaller companies with an in-house IT department, solely because of the cost associated.

About ConnectWise Automate

ConnectWise Automate, formerly LabTech, is an IT management tool that helps deliver IT services. The vendor says their remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform provides powerful automation to discover and manage devices, monitor for problems, and automate action. According to the vendor, this solution enables users to deliver streamlined reactive and proactive managed services, stop putting out fires, and start focusing on what matters most.

ConnectWise Automate Features

Has featureIntegration

ConnectWise Automate Screenshots

ConnectWise Automate Downloadables

ConnectWise Automate Integrations

ConnectWise Manage, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)

ConnectWise Automate Competitors

Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA), Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA), Autotask Endpoint Management, Continuum Managed IT Services, Solarwinds N·able

ConnectWise Automate Support Options