Connotate provides web scraping capabilities that collect data and content from the Web and transform this unstructured data into intelligence.Use of Connotate for researchAs a teaching assistant for the College of Information sciences and Technology, we used Connotate as a data mining tool for web research. I used it in my own research as well as you could train agents to automatically gather data in a variety of ways. The analysis Connotate did was not as useful to me as the data itself, as we were not using it for decision making, but for informing us of trends.,Data collection. Collaboration with a team.,Stability. software frequently crashed previously. Training. Students had a had time understanding how to use the tool, and then where to use it.,7,Helped collect data for thesis work. Many students opted not to use the tool because it was too difficult or buggy for them.,5
Connotate

Connotate Reviews

Connotate
Filter 5 vetted Connotate reviews and ratings
August 19, 2014

User Review: "Use of Connotate for research"

• Data collection.
  • Collaboration with a team.
  • Stability. software frequently crashed previously.
  • Training. Students had a had time understanding how to use the tool, and then where to use it.
It is very easy to use for building a web agent, compared to writing a script oneself. If you need a massive amount of web data collected, I would suggest this tool. I did not find it useful for alerts to particular news events, but I was not using it in that way. I would definitely recommend to students.

About Connotate