Constant Contact Reviews

Stephen Sokolowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2020

Constant Contact cancelled my account without warning after significant investment into their platform

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp is a better all-around service. It does cost $20 more, but it is easier to find what you're looking for on Mailchimp. Part of the reason is that Mailchimp doesn't oversimplify terms. Constant Contact calls "Authentication" what Mailchimp calls "DKIM and SPF" - the latter being more descriptive and helpful to find what you're trying to fix.

Constant Contact's customer service is not helpful because the departments you need to talk to are understaffed, while most of the other services have a better mix of technical people to salespeople.
Read Stephen Sokolowski's full review
Jason Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Constant Contact is a great product for small businesses

Alternatives Considered

Constant Contact stacks up well with MailChimp. While MailChimp is more powerful in certain ways (e.g. more robust reporting and automation), Constant Contact's simplicity makes the product easier to use for many users. I would recommend Constant Contact for those looking for a simple, mostly headache-free product. I would recommend MailChimp for those looking to leverage their email marketing in a major way.
Read Jason Kelly's full review
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2019

Constant Contact makes email outreach easy and classy

Alternatives Considered

We've found the email templates and customer service to be top-notch. Mailchimp has great chat support but no phone support. We also utilize the survey features and the coupons significantly, which are options that we didn't find on Mailchimp. Mailchimp in our experience has been slightly more user-friendly and more cost-effective, but it doesn't offer as much functionality for our business as Constant Contact does.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
December 11, 2019

Constantly Impressed by Constant Contact

Alternatives Considered

I prefer Constant Contact over Mailchimp and iContact because Constant Contact gives you more bang for your buck. I also prefer the interface of Constant Contact because it's very clean and easy to navigate. Constant Contact also has the best pricing structure of the three platforms, along with a nonprofit discount.
November 27, 2019

Must-Use - Try Constant Contact if You Haven't Already

Alternatives Considered

Constant Contact has more functionalities that Mailchimp for the areas that we need it, and offers additional features in terms of reporting and optimization that are necessary for us. Our team is also comfortable to work with the tool, and it is visually straightforward which makes it great to become accustomed to for new users.
Matt Rychener | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Good features can't overcome poor support

Alternatives Considered

From a feature standpoint, Constant Contact has a far superior user interface. However, because our 501(c)(3) non-profit software runs on DonorView and they have email marketing built into their platform at no additional charge that was something we could not afford to pass up.
Read Matt Rychener's full review
Nathan Richardson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2019

Great Bank For Your Buck!

Alternatives Considered

Quite simply, Constant Contact offers a great bang for your buck when compared to these other products. It isn't an extreme amount of capabilities, features, or bells and whistles that convinced us with this product. We simply wanted to try something that was cost-effective, and this fit the bill.
Read Nathan Richardson's full review
October 03, 2019

Great Way to Contact!

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp works for much smaller companies, but constant contact tends to work for my larger clients. They do an excellent job of keeping lists organized and making sure the information is easily digestible.
May 06, 2019

Improve your Communication with Constant Contact

Alternatives Considered

Mailchimp had better pricing than Constant Contact when I used it in the past but Constant Contact has more features and is able to circumvent certain spam filters better. Constant Contact also offers a lot more custom reporting that Mailchimp. Lastly, our staff already had more experience with Constant Contact from previous jobs.
June 07, 2019

An Email Marketing Program I Recommend To Fellow Marketers

Alternatives Considered

Constant Contact is much more user-friendly to me than Mailchimp. And, the cost is better as well. I use Mailchimp for their free account for a side gig and get frustrated a lot when I send emails out (I can't complain, because it is free). When the side gig gets bigger I will switch over to another Constant Contact account.
Jeff Bramhall | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2018

Adequate!

Alternatives Considered

I think if I were coming in with nothing in hand, I would have chosen MailChimp over Constant Contact. Constant Contact won because it was the incumbent and we're satisfied.
The time and operating cost of moving from one platform to another was higher than the expected return on that change. I don't think anything about Constant Contact is much better or worse, in my view, than the other.

Pretty lukewarm, I know. But it's honest!
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Sanjit Mandal | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 09, 2018

The easiest email marketing software to use for startups and SMB with support.

Alternatives Considered

Simplest to use, great GUI, and awesome support! For SMB and startups, email marketing isn't their specialty, so having support is essential.
To design a beautiful email can be challenging, but with CC, you put in your website and it can create custom emails using the colors from the site.
Read Sanjit Mandal's full review
Corey Birkmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2018

Constant Contact is a great starting point to email marketing

Alternatives Considered

Overall they can all accomplish the basics just fine. But I feel like Constant Contact is the light version of the more powerful software options out there. That being said, over the last year or so I haven't utilized it as much as I had in the past due to this, so their feature base may be more up to par as of late.
Read Corey Birkmann's full review
December 07, 2018

"Great platform to develop and send email marketing campaigns

Alternatives Considered

Constant contact has a very good reputation and is used by many companies, we can also integrate features with other systems like Wordpress, Shopify, Facebook, Google among others!

Constant contact also allows us to perform analysis on our sent campaigns and verify the percentages of clicks made, bounces, openings etc. this helps us to constantly improve our strategy.

Ashley Gennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2018

Great for small companies looking to market

Alternatives Considered

We initially selected Constant Contact because it was a price effective software and our company was still growing. At the time, we hosted our websites locally and didn't see the need to have our email marketing platform sync with our CRM. As our companies grew, so did our lists, databases, etc. That's when we decided to make the move to HubSpot. Had Constant Contact had the functionality to sync with our CRM, we would probably still be using it.
Read Ashley Gennett's full review
Alison Walkley | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2018

For a cost-effective email marketing program, choose Constant Contact

Alternatives Considered

I would say that Constant Contact and MailChimp are fairly comparable in terms of features and uses. I've used both at several companies and haven't noticed a large difference between the two. By the time I was about to leave my previous company that used Constant Contact, we were on the verge of switching all shows over to Pardot for email creation and remarketing campaigns as the offerings were more robust and powerful.
Read Alison Walkley's full review
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2018

My Best Friend for Email Automation

Alternatives Considered

I have used both Constant Contact and MailChimp. I will say that MailChimp is less expensive and has more templates. The analytics was really the tool that convinced me though. Their customer support is also very helpful, which I really appreciate. Constant Contact also has more integrations in my field.
Read Emily Hammell's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (45)
Dynamic content (44)
Ability to test dynamic content (44)
Landing pages (31)
A/B testing (27)
Mobile optimization (46)
Email deliverability reporting (51)
List management (50)
Triggered drip sequences (24)
Dashboards (48)
Standard reports (49)
Custom reports (31)

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact is a full-featured email marketing solution with capabilities such as social media integration, drag-and-drop editing, and real-time reporting. It is a bulk email tool designed for SMB customers. While it is most widely known for its email marketing capabilities, it also provides services pertaining to website management such as a website builder, ecommerce tools, and logo design assistance.

Key Email Marketing Features