Constant Contact Reviews

Stephen Sokolowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2020

Constant Contact cancelled my account without warning after significant investment into their platform

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact was one of the worst companies I've ever done business with. Mailchimp is a better alternative for E-Mail marketing at a similar price.

I spent hours on the phone with the company trying to figure out SPF and DKIM records, and the department that could answer the question had a wait time of 1 hour and 48 minutes the last time I called. I fixed the problem through a Google search several hours later.

Three days after my first message and 27 days after signup, they suddenly closed my account, stating that my industry was "prone to spam," wasting the money I paid employees to learn their system. I had specifically told them exactly what industry I was working in a month earlier and they waited until I had already invested a lot of resources into them. They never accused me of actually sending spam.

After cancelling the account, they did not respond to my request for them to permanently delete my list, worrying me that the information could be used to discriminate against my customers or be unnecessarily lost in a data breach.

Despite their frequent sales calls claiming I was a valued customer, they didn't bother to contact me to ask about the strict regulations we adhere to. I would never recommend that anyone use Constant Contact for the financial reason - this experience shows that you can invest a lot of money into working with their platform, and then have it suddenly end up wasted, with no legal recourse.
Read Stephen Sokolowski's full review
Jason Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Constant Contact is a great product for small businesses

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is well suited for a small or medium-sized business that needs to send regular marketing emails and collect leads without much headache. The email builder is nice and the extra features, such as event registration and reporting, are helpful, as well. Constant Contact is less appropriate for a larger business that wants to deeply analyze their email success rates.
Read Jason Kelly's full review
Jason Carlage | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2019

Constant Contact makes email outreach easy and classy

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is terrific for an organization with a marketing budget that would like to send out a variety of emails with visuals, videos, surveys and/or coupons. It's a quick way to reach thousands of potential and/or current customers at a reasonable price. However, for the startup or the company that is very concerned about budget, there is no free version and the monthly paid versions can be a bit more pricey than some comparable competitors.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Ashley DeLorenzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2020

Constant Contact is great for small non-profits

Likelihood to Recommend

Small non-profits who do not have the time/resources to spend hours upon hours curating emails and subscriber lists. This takes care of all of that! It allows for the easy uploading of new subscribers and the ability to specify tags and notes. This is extremely helpful when it comes to us reaching out to find potential team members for an upcoming trip. If we just need a doctor or a dentist we can narrow the email to only go to those people based on the tag.
Read Ashley DeLorenzo's full review
Matt Rychener | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Good features can't overcome poor support

Likelihood to Recommend

Feature and function-wise I have no complaints with Constant Contact. It is a great tool and did exactly what we needed it to do. It met every single one of our needs from a feature set perspective. My only complaint was in how the organization treated it's loyal customers who were prepaying for service and then raising rates on them mid-year.
Read Matt Rychener's full review
December 11, 2019

Constantly Impressed by Constant Contact

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is my preferred email marketing platform. I would recommend it over Mailchimp or iContact or a ListServe platform. It's well suited for businesses of all sizes because it allows professional looking emails to be sent out and that is appropriate for any type of business! It is less appropriate for businesses that do not yet have an email list to send emails to. However, it does have an area to build an email signup, so that is helpful in building an email list.
November 27, 2019

Must-Use - Try Constant Contact if You Haven't Already

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is great for managing large quantities of email communications, updating mailing databases, collecting new subscribers to mailing lists, and very importantly, remaining GDPR-compliant in this practice.
Would not be so suited for small companies that will not need most of the value-add features that it offers - this tool does need a knowledgeable user to take advantage of all its offerings and justify the license cost.
October 03, 2019

Great Way to Contact!

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is great if you have multiple sign-up lists on your website. If you have a newsletter but also an "ask me more" section on your website then Constant Contact can easily differentiate which list each should go to. I honestly feel like Constant Contact is a great option for smaller and larger websites.
Sprout Lady Rita Galchus | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2019

Constantly in Contact

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is well suited for the small business person that needs a powerful program to send emails and invitations to a list. We have over 12,000 emails now and Constant Contact keeps my customers up-to-date on new products, sales and events, as well helps bring attention to our original content on social media platforms.
Read Sprout Lady Rita Galchus's full review
Rachael Ossovicki | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2019

Constant Contact checks most of the boxes!

Likelihood to Recommend

I loved using this product, and overall it checked the boxes for all of our email campaign needs. We also had a very high delivery rate with this product. I think this product is well suited for a small business or even for a freelancer. If you are a big enterprise, there is likely a CRM that has email campaigns built in.
Read Rachael Ossovicki's full review
Nathan Richardson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2019

Great Bank For Your Buck!

Likelihood to Recommend

It is very well suited for smaller businesses that have fewer expectations and less need for an extremely powerful tool. It is also a great fit for people that aren't extremely tech-savvy since the tool is very easy to use and simple to explain to peers. The tool is very user-friendly.
Read Nathan Richardson's full review
John W | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2019

Constant Contact even for us small potaotes

Likelihood to Recommend

They have a great foundation out of the box to speak. Their staff is very patient with novice users. It is the integration of social media that needs more support. We are a small company and we do not have the time nor resources to have outside help. We need to have down to earth straightforward information for us to make better use of Constant Contact within the various social media platforms.
Read John W's full review
May 06, 2019

Improve your Communication with Constant Contact

Likelihood to Recommend

If you are emailing your customers, donors, members, etc. on a consistent basis (or you would like to be emailing them on a consistent basis) then Constant Contact would be a good fit for your organization. It helps you create professional-looking emails and newsletters quickly and painlessly. It's also a very helpful tool to help you understand which email content is effective and the type of messaging that propels your customers, donors, members, etc. to act.
July 05, 2019

Great for Email Campaigns of Any Kind

Likelihood to Recommend

We don't use Constant Contact for one-on-one communications or for internal staff communications. We do use it for every other type of email communication, and it helps us with our marketing and staying in contact with our constituents. I would recommend it for any organization that has donors or customers that you want to keep in touch with digitally.
June 07, 2019

An Email Marketing Program I Recommend To Fellow Marketers

Likelihood to Recommend

I have tried quite a few other email marketing service providers and have always come back to Constant Contact. It is intuitive and pretty easy to use. Many years ago our company was blacklisted for "spam" -- the reason is we acquired a company and their manager sent us their email list to merge with ours and told us it was an opt-in list WHEN IT WASN'T. And they hadn't been active in sending emails to this list, so they didn't know how many bounces or bad emails were in the batch. As a result, we were reported for spam. This was a horrible experience for me.

Constant Contact walked me through the whole thing to help me recover from this. This is one of the best reasons why I have a good feeling about them. They knew we had a history of them (many years by this point) and they understood that we acquired a company with a bad list. I appreciated the help.
August 13, 2019

Simple, effective product to use for small email campaigns

Likelihood to Recommend

Good for someone just starting out. The interface is pretty straight forward, and walks you through the processes. Best for small companies. It can get pricey for large numbers. It can also be used for other things besides just email, such as newsletters, registration forms, opt-in and out.
Jeff Bramhall | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2018

Adequate!

Likelihood to Recommend

If you're a relatively low-tech user, CC is pretty straightforward.
If you don't have a high degree of know-how, CC will meet you well.
If you need help figuring out when to send things and need ideas, CC will offer those.

If you want a lot of control over everything, CC might not be the right answer.

If you grew up in a cloud-first world, you will hate Constant Contact.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Sanjit Mandal | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 09, 2018

The easiest email marketing software to use for startups and SMB with support.

Likelihood to Recommend

A startup or SMB can benefit from Constant Contact, as it has all the features to get going and scale. It is important to keep customers new and prospective engaged with the brand, and also to drive sales from it. CC can help achieve this using their robust simple platform - this is why I recommend it to everyone.
Read Sanjit Mandal's full review
Ashley Gennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2018

Great for small companies looking to market

Likelihood to Recommend

I think Constant Contact is perfect for smaller organizations that don't have a lot of CRM Database Information that is always changing and updating. If you are looking for a software that is simple to use, teach and integrate, Constant Contact would be the perfect fit.
Read Ashley Gennett's full review
Corey Birkmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2018

Constant Contact is a great starting point to email marketing

Likelihood to Recommend

It works great as an entry level option for users wanting to dip their toes into email marketing. But if you want to dig deeper into automation, a/b testing, and more in depth options, it lacks some of the feature sets its peers possess. Not a bad option, but I feel like you can grow out of it instead of grow with it.
Read Corey Birkmann's full review
December 07, 2018

"Great platform to develop and send email marketing campaigns

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is one of the keys to success for your business. If you are looking to stay in contact with your clients with a professional image, Constant Contact is your go-to tool. If you are not the creative type, their templates provide the marketing department for your business. For organizations, the ability to send out email blasts to your members is great. You are able to monitor your member engagement and follow-up if necessary. It's great watching who opens your email, how quickly they open the document and determine the best way to engage your members via mobile/desktop. As a consultant, I am able to recommend strategies for my clients based on how their members engage.
December 01, 2018

A good way to stay in Constant Contact

Likelihood to Recommend

Constant Contact is by no means perfect, but it's comparable to other tools on the market. For companies that have a mid-size mailing list, this is a good and manageable way to keep in touch.

WYSIWYG email editor (45)
Dynamic content (44)
Ability to test dynamic content (44)
Landing pages (31)
A/B testing (27)
Mobile optimization (46)
Email deliverability reporting (49)
List management (50)
Triggered drip sequences (24)
Dashboards (48)
Standard reports (49)
Custom reports (31)

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact is a full-featured email marketing solution with capabilities such as social media integration, drag-and-drop editing, and real-time reporting. It is a bulk email tool designed for SMB customers. While it is most widely known for its email marketing capabilities, it also provides services pertaining to website management such as a website builder, ecommerce tools, and logo design assistance.

Key Email Marketing Features