- Easy to set up and track workflow.
- Easy platform to communicate with contributors and team alike
- Some very good writers
- Transparency for how much we pay and how much the freelancer gets paid
- Nice that Contently has analytics, but they aren't very useful.
- Sometimes hard to navigate site since many of the terms for what I'm looking for are similar.
- Some other UI issues with Calendar and Campaign pages.
I avoid using Contently for mid to bottom funnel marketing writing because my team will often have greater insight into the product function or use-case or product release, making them more adroit to the tone of the written piece and able to produce the content quickly.
It allows my organization to organize the many steps of content marketing—from brainstorming and delegating work to edit and promotion—all in one place. Our entire marketing team uses it as they were tired of bouncing around from Google Doc to Google Doc, to internal management software back to Google Doc. To free up time and keep track of every stage of our projects so we don't drain precious mental energy that could be used to write, publish or promote instead.
- Consolidating my work in one place to make my work life easier
- Contently is unique from other content marketing organizational tools in one key way. It hands you a network of freelance professionals eager for delegated work.
- You can search through a database of professionals to find the perfect person for your given project. Find individuals in your budget offering the exact skills and experience you need.
- Find a way to give a number (or percentage) of stories completed by contributor compared from each article to my average
- More in-depth heatmaps to see where eyes and cursors went during engagement
- Track engagement rates and views for a given article over a period of time
Ways they can improve is on the price. Contently requires a yearly subscription to access its software, and this can range anywhere from $30,000 to $150,000 a year—or even significantly higher. That is a lot of money for a small business like mine.
- Best writers in the industry. I heard that Contently writers can be 'hit or miss' but I never had a bad experience.
- Good content management workflow.
- More recently, the tool added some analytics capabilities.
- UI can always been improved, even though the UI is very good already.
- Some occasional bugs or mixing features.
- It serves as a website for those of us who manage several sites or don't have a personal site.
- The ability to move posts around assures me that the strongest, not necessarily the newest, posts are found at the top.
- It is very user-friendly, specifically the ability to upload and edit new entries.
- The thumbnails on the left rail give viewers a quick glance at the authoritative sites in which my work has been published.
- It would be helpful to be able to divide published posts into topical categories.
- I would love to see an area for Yelp-type reviews or ratings by end users or the companies for whom I write.
- Allows for an easy upload. Each time I write something new, I can go to my Contently page, copy and paste the link and be done. It grabs a picture from the website or I can add my own.
- Creating the page. The layout was simple and easy to understand, I was able to have my portfolio up and running within the hour. I am never confused and can navigate the page well.
- Navigating to the page. My domain is easy to remember and not a mouthful. I can add it to resumes, applications and other places and feel like the address is clean and not complicated.
- There are only two layouts you can choose from. I wish there were a few more choices for this, as the options are simple, but lacking.
- Sometimes when I paste a link, it doesn't pull the correct picture or description from the page. It has pulled weird things I've never seen before and I have to go back in and manually fix them.
- The option to purchase a domain without the .contently at the end?
- Workflow process and UI is very clear and easy to navigate.
- Easy to see where you are in the process of writing a story/working on a project.
- Good place to showcase work and find new pitches/opportunities/etc.
- Images imported from the web don't always fit/look good.
- Would be great to know when a link to a story or site is broken/no longer works.
- The onboarding process of getting me up to speed on their platform was phenomenal.
- Their constant communication with myself and our team is fast.
- Their platform is intuitive and easy to use.
- Some of their more technical writers are lacking.
- The way in which you review authors is a little tedious. You have to get them sent to you by your project manager and you can't browse them yourself.
Contently Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Contently is a SaaS content marketing platform from the company of the same name headquartered in New York, containing features a collaboration space, calendar, and workflow controls, engagement metrics, and rapid access to a high volume of original content from freelance creative talent, researchers, and journalists.
Contently has received approximately $12.3 million in funding since its founding in 2010.
Contently Technical Details