Score 8.7 out of 10

per month

Creator Pro

per month

What is ConvertKit?

ConvertKit, from the company of the same name headquartered in Boise, is presented as email marketing software for online creators - the authors, makers, podcasters, photographers, YouTubers, teachers, and artists. The vendor boasts 19,500 paying customers, sending 500 million emails per month, and rapid growth.

ConvertKit Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

• Emails landing in subscribers inbox.
  • Free mailing address that customers can use.
  • Robust tagging system for managing funnels and targeting users with optimized emails.
  • Broad integrations available for other platforms and optin form plugins.
  • Pricing.
  • Google Analytics integration.
  • Email templates and a modern interface for composing emails.
ConvertKit would be well-suited to an established business/blog that has a steady revenue stream to afford the investment/cost of this premium email service provider. It is especially useful if the needs of the organization include needing to setup many advanced funnels/automations or other drip-content style email chains. A small business or new blog that is not monetizing its online presence should consider more affordable/free options.
  • Incremental traffic generation from a reliable source.
  • High-converting leads from sales funnels.
Email & Online Marketing (9)
48.88888888888889%
Email deliverability reporting
List management
4.0
Triggered drip sequences
Reporting & Analytics (2)
Dashboards
Image Validation
Inbox Display
Email Previews
LaMeshia Conley | TrustRadius Reviewer
ConvertKit is an awesome option for building an email list and creating emails based on behavior using automation. I have used it to grow my list. The business problems it addresses is to create a landing page to capture emails to build lists and create different lists using automation. You can also build a website with it, but I only used it to house my potential leads.
  • CRM for your potential leads.
  • Offers automation to save entrepreneurs time and money.
  • Pricing is affordable and offers free trial.
  • When I first started using ConvertKit, I found it hard to create a landing page. I am pretty technical but when I had to customize my page using HTML, I got lost. I thought I could get up and running within an hour (build the page, create the list, and set up automation), but I soon realized I had to upgrade to use automation and setting up took me more than 3 hours. The learning curve had me stuck. I got frustrated and reached out to support.
  • ConvertKit is not for a non-tech person. There are not enough templates to get up and running within an hour.
  • ConvertKit is simply email marketing and landing pages for list building. It could offer a little more.
  • The analytics can be a bit more in depth.
It is perfect for artists and content creators. It is perfect for service based providers who want to house their potential leads. Entry level entrepreneurs can also benefit. It is not an all in one type of platform, but it is useful for list building and setting up automation. If you have less than 1K subscribers, this is the route to go until you need to use automation. Then, just feel free to upgrade.
  • The template landing pages did convert well.
  • Once I got passed the learning curve I was able to increase efficiency.
  • I do recommend using as a first start to lead generation.
Email & Online Marketing (9)
91.11111111111111%
Email deliverability reporting
List management
Triggered drip sequences
10.0
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards
Email Accessibility Tools
Spelling and Grammar Check
Spam Testing
Email Previews
The other products I have used are not available on TrustRadius. I used ConvertKit before I used these other products because I need an all in one platform.