Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- Check-Ins (New feature)
- Year by year tracking progress, usage and trends
- I detest the mandatory training stuff that appears on my entire enterprise's dashboard. if we don't use, we should be able to opt out.
- Previous version of the software (i.e. Sonar6, CSB, etc.) allowed for a training plan to be introduced for all employees. Not available except as a workaround (i.e. making part of the evaluation).
- 360 offering is not customizable--should be as robust as other features.
- Excellent customer service - when all else is equal, customer service will win the day.
- Ease of use helps us get everyone on board with the goals and ratings.
- The analytics are helpful to senior managers - we can compare how managers rate as well as how employees perform.
- I had a difficult time getting started. I wasn't sure what template would work best for my organization. Most of the pre-set goals and competencies seemed to be geared toward sales - not our business model at all. It would have been helpful to have some one-on-one assistance - with someone asking critical questions, such as, what is your main purpose in using this program? And - it would have been good to have been able to try each of the three setups to see which one fit best, but to switch templates, all is lost in the template you've been trying out. It's like trying test driving cars without being able to look at them side by side.
- I would like for 2nd level managers to be able to see the reviews and the check-ins. Right now, only one supervisor/manager can review - unless they have admin access which isn't appropriate for all managers to have. If I can't see how my next level employee is reviewing his/her staff, how can I rate him/her on effective performance management?
Easy online access is definitely key for online programs.
- User Interface
- Sliders and Text Based Answers
- Check In Feature is nice
- Goal alignment/cascading in an OKR format does not exist. You cannot share goals and have them roll up to see how that objective is being accomplished cross functionally.
- 9 box trends over time does not exist.
- The goals are clear and easy to use.
- The support team is excellent. They help find solutions to our use cases and will help implement it.
- My Check-in is a nice feature to track conversations but doesn't integrate with Outlook or other calendars. It makes for a multiple step process because most users aren't in PiiQ on a daily basis to track things.
- It would be nice to be able to customize certain fields, titles, heading. It isn't as flexible as we would like it to be to match the language we use at the company related to performance management.
As we have matured in how we want to manage performance management with some more customized forms and process, it seems we have outgrown PiiQ. It's not great if you want a lot of customization.
- The check-in feature is extremely valuable in providing and documenting regular conversations and feedback.
- The employee review process is easy to manage and provides excellent reporting for monitoring and summarizing review process.
- The learning module has extensive and quality offerings in a number of categories.
- Being able to schedule check-ins with employees and have it calendarized in Outlook.
- 9 Block definitions used to show up in analysis. Don't see them anymore in latest versions.
Review: "PiiQ by Cornerstone training aligns with our core values and provides needed training for our employees"
- The training courses are easy to administer across the organization or to individuals.
- Tracking completion of the training courses and sending email reminders takes seconds!
- The implementation and set up was very easy with no fuss or mess. I was able to download the template, obtain the required information in a similar report format from my HRIS system, and simply upload the report to PiiQ. All the information was easily loaded and then I worked with my marketing team to have a proper backdrop banner photo for customization and feel. Couldn't be simpler!
- The reporting services do not provide the full report that I need, which lists the entire organization with all assigned courses and their completion rates. I track this information on a spreadsheet outside of the system for ease of reporting training back to leadership.
- I cannot see the email message that was sent to the employee. You can see the email template before it is sent, but no after.
- You can create custom learning content and include links from multiple sources.
- PiiQ Performance enables us to get a solid view of our entire organization. This is particularly helpful when looking to make personnel changes that support the business.
- Managing the compliance of the performance review process was always challenging. With PiiQ, I can get real time data of exactly where we are in our review process.
- I would like to see the reporting be more robust.
- I would like to see the 9 box grid include kites and arrows like what existed in Sonar 6.
- I would like to be able to have testing on the performance side.
- Very simple to use
- Provide ability to add out own learning content
- Prompt support
- Would really love to see PiiQ provide the functionality to enable the upload of SCORM training files
- Would also like to have the ability to create Templates for Check-Ins
- Would like to be able to schedule future Check-Ins , for example, weekly or monthly etc.
- Would like to be able to add specific weighting % to objectives
Review: "PiiQ by Cornerstone helped me Rally my Leaders and Peers to Drive a Culture of Continous Learning and Feedback"
- PiiQ by Cornerstone provides roles and competencies, but allows you to develop your own specific to your organization. They also provide templates, or you can create your own.
- The ability to run reports on the status of completion across the agency, goal completion, 360 feedback and use of the LMS allows us to have a big-picture view of the agency and makes it easy for me to hold everyone accountable on all levels.
- The special features offered, such as the ability for employees to set their own goals and BOTH the manager and employee being able to set-up check-ins puts the power in each employee's hands and ensures that there are no excuses as to why there hasn't been continuous feedback throughout the year.
- It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to delete a 360 feedback form that had not been filled out from the previous year. Right now, if someone isn't able to complete a 360, it stays on their dashboard as incomplete. It would also be helpful for a manager to be able to "unsend" a 360 feedback request.
- The check-in feature is awesome, but it would be nice to house private notes and comments that the employee can't see, but the manager an reference when they get ready to conduct their interview.
- The back-end took a lot of time to set-up. This could be remedied with an easier way to manually fill-in content that is the same for each competency. For instance, if you choose a snap-to-grid feature with only three ratings, you have to manually fill-in those ratings each time whereas it would be helpful to set it up as a default so you can choose the same function each time.
We use the 360 review functionality every 3rd quarter for the management team and the annual review process for all staff every 4th quarter.
- PiiQ Learning has extensive content organized by category to make it easy to find and assign courses to the staff; managers and employees can assign training.
- Reporting in both the learning and performance modules is simple and easy to understand. Particularly the graphics in the learning module are visually clear.
- I thought the performance module was fairly user-friendly last year, but having the ability to make changes without contacting support has been wonderful this year.
- I would like to have the ability to create profiles in the learning system so that when I onboard a new employee, I can assign training at the click of a button based on their role in the organization.
- I would like the ability for managers to be able to hide comments in the check-in feature; there are some notes that managers may need to refer to during a check-in that are not always appropriate to share with the employee at that time.
- I would love to submit a request in the learning portal for courses that are not in my package that I would like to add to the system. For example, if I need a course related to case management for social workers, I would like to be able to search other partners (from the learning portal) to see if there are courses in other packages or from other providers that I could purchase.
- PiiQ provides a basic platform to allow managers and employees to address performance.
- The ease of managing users is particularly easy.
- PiiQ also showcases performance by team member via a grid. This allows managers to view their team members by performance level.
- PiiQ has a basic platform. The user interface is poor and does not provide flexibility for administrator to make changes to it.
- There is a 360 component to PiiQ however, you cannot adjust for anonymous feedback. Every manager that requests will see exactly who shared feedback
- PiiQ allows you to set a review timeline but not a true workflow. (i.e. self review> 360> manager review> 2nd level approver> HR approver)
- There are system generated messages but the administrator can not customize them to fit their organizations needs.
- The system does not have a "sign-off" on review. You must create one that looks and feels like it is a misfit.
- Enables employees to draft work goals and collaborate with their supervisors on a final version - improves mutual understanding right up front.
- Combines performance goal ratings with competency ratings and provides a blended score. Simplifies the goal weighting so you don't have to do any calculations.
- 9-box matrix provides useful definitions and descriptions so managers can prepare development notes or plans for individual employees.
- Need to include a signature line or checkbox where the employee can acknowledge receipt and review of the final document as submitted by the manager (and the date of same). This would be very helpful so there is no viable argument about the content of the document especially if an employee dispute and/or lawsuit regarding performance issues arises in the future.
- A feature enabling employees to print out the final document. Right now, only the manager has a print command button on the screen. The employee can attempt this by using the browser’s menu option (i.e. mouse right click > print command) but the resulting hard copy is incomplete and poorly formatted. The word processor within Piiq has somewhat limited features compared to what is available in MS Word or even the more basic Windows Wordpad. But the interface is improved from the earlier version.
- The final print out doesn’t match the screen output. Ratings that are displayed graphically on the screen are Instead displayed as text. The end result is wordy and, at best, awkward to read.
- A 360-degree review that can be sent to parties outside the company would be helpful, especially for rating senior managers and executives who have extensive vendor or third-party relationships contributing to the overall performance rating.
- Digitizes a traditionally paper process
- Good user interface
- Very customizable
- Needs drag and drop functionality
- Once you set up a review cycle it is very difficult to make significant modifications without starting anew.
- The system is very user-friendly
- I love how it provides examples of roles and goals to build off of.
- I wish it was easier to create employee logins without having them go through the forgot password process
- Friendly dashboard interface
- Score reports by performance and competency
- Nice boxes position to view incumbents' potential and performance
- So far, cannot manually input the weight of each goal. Would like the weighting of each goals have the option to be manually input
- Option to re-define goals and process/personal improvement
We use PiiQ annually for performance reviews although we engage with the platform as regularly as monthly or quarterly 121s to document progress against targets and goals, to self-review, seek 360 feedback, so that by the end of the year and the annual review is due, we have captured data/feedback/assessments all throughout the year.
We use it across our whole business including remote workers which use the platform via an app. The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans
- We can use it for remote workers through an app - allows self-review.
- The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans.
- 360-degree feedback requested through the system to add value to reviews and assessments.
- More guidance around the 9 box grid outcomes and how to support/improve your employee.
- We use BambooHR and the two systems use to talk and would import new starters - that feature is missing now.
- Fairly intuitive to use
- Good database of competencies
- The reporting is terrible. We wanted to print out each person's complete evaluation and that functionality is not available. We ended up printing screenshots page-by-page which was a huge waste of time. Need to fix this or will not be continuing as client.
- There were issues with the "bubbles" vs. the ratings and confusion with that.
- Percentages were off and took a lot of time to resolve.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Great system. Don't be daunted by the setup - the value it adds to your business is worth it."
- Great way to visually identify how different staff members are progressing and performing
- Simple and intuitive interface for staff members to use - making the process of job performance reviews more enjoyable
- Good existing library of competencies to draw upon
- Would be good to have have a virtual "top level" (eg board) user built in to allow senior execs without a direct manager to be able to be set up with KPIs instead of having to create a dummy user
- Reports have difficulty downloading if pop ups disabled or in some browser environments
- When competencies are updated while a cycle is open, any changes don't effect that open cycle but only future ones. Would be nice to be able to have the option to apply changes to existing "open" cycles
- Intuitive interface. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to figure out a new system.
- The performance management template is incredibly easy to navigate.
- The administrator features are easy to use.
- PiiQ could improve on the print format of performance reviews. Our managers and employees have commented on the lack of quality when they print out a performance review. It is difficult to find information.
- More customization features such as template creation.
- Detailed spreadsheets
- Mimic mode
- The way that weighting is indicated on goals would be easier if you could just type in a number instead of those dots.
- Not having the weightings automatically added/included to blank/empty goals
- A feature that allows other managers to provide input on employees reviews (on the actual review, not via 360)
- Great digital solution
- Dashboard is easy to navigate/user-friendly
- We like that we can mimic employees to make sure everything is set up correctly
- Maybe provide an actual person to help with implementation
- We did not use the goals section which makes excellent employees look marginal
- It can be a little confusing trying to set up the questions for employees
- Offers a variety of courses
- Maintains accountability
- Is easy to use
- We would like to see better integration with our HR system
- Could offer more up to date learning for Microsoft Office products
- Terms the system uses e.g. "submit," "unsubmit," and "confirm" can be confusing
- With PiiQ managers could have employee specific goals verses the same goals for all employees in a specific classification.
- Allowing printing of just the signature page.
- Making it easier to make changes across the board.
- It allows for self assessments, which assists the managers in completing their reviews and speaking with their employees.
- We started out with Sonar6, which was a good product, easy to use and administer. It was then bought out by Corner Stone and called Cornerstone Small Business, but basically was the same product.
- When they moved from CSB to PiiQ we lost many areas of functionality and are finding it hard to use this product. Some examples: We no longer have the self assessment comparisons scales for the managers to view. The 360 no longer has the factors associated to it, its is now a manual process. The development plan was removed, so there is no place for managers to plan out future growth with their employees. The Notes area has been removed, so managers now have to keep notes in a separate document and its not associated with the review. And the final piece that is having us look for another application is that you can not change a persons role mid year, which is an issue as people change positions throughout the year. This also has caused an issue with our monthly upload of new hires and changes.
- I believe they rolled out the PiiQ product too soon. It may become a good product but based on what we had to what we now have is a great disappointment.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Good system, implemented into a professional services firm, still improving as we go!"
- Looks modern and appealing
- Easy to use and follow
- 360 Feedback function is great
- Add a section where you can record ongoing feedback throughout the year, separate to the reviews. Then managers can refer to this section when completing a review.
- Allow more flexibility in wording. I.e. administrators should be able to control what the automated email reminders say.
- Remove the close date for the reviews so users can't see this. We often tell people to complete their reviews by x date, but don't set the close date until a week or two later. We don't want people to see the later (actual) date.
- Allow more than one manager to be allocated to an employee. We often have people reporting to two managers, and they both want input into the review.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About PiiQ by Cornerstone
PiiQ by Cornerstone is performance and learning management software designed for small to medium businesses. The software drives employee engagement and productivity with its performance management tools and helps companies build a culture of continuous learning and development with a robust library of on-demand courses. The vendor’s value proposition is that managers can get up and running fast with the self-configurable and intuitive set-up.
PiiQ offers a suite of products; choose PiiQ Performance, PiiQ Learning, or both in one, simple platform.
- Collaborative, continuous goal setting
- Continuous feedback
- Comprehensive, well-designed dashboards and reports to find hidden training needs, skill gaps, and struggling & outstanding employees
- 9-box talent matrix graphs and employee profile
- Easily configurable (no costly implementations!)
- 360 reviews
- Overall score & manager comments
- Searchable library and self-registration
- Compliance and training courses ranging from technical to soft skills
- Ability to create your own courses
- Reporting and insights dashboard
- Mobile learning on the go
- Content Providers such as CyberU, Cegos, and Skillsoft
PiiQ also offers a service and support team that aims to help businesses optimize use of the products and enable success. Support ranges from immediate telephone support to full consulting packages – companies have the choice in how much they need.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Screenshots
PiiQ by Cornerstone Videos (3)
PiiQ by Cornerstone Downloadables
PiiQ by Cornerstone Integrations
PiiQ by Cornerstone Competitors
|PiiQ Performance 1-49 Users||$8.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 1-49 Users||$10.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 50-99 Users||$7.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 100-249 Users||$6.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 250+ Users||Custom|
|PiiQ Learning 1-49 Users||$4.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 50-99 Users||$3.50||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 100-249 Users||$3.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 250+ Users||Custom|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 50-99 Users||$8.75||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 100-249 Users||$7.50||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 250+ Users||Custom|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||69%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland|