Cornerstone PiiQ is an SMB offering formerly known as Sonar6, that was acquired by Cornerstone in 2012. PiiQ is aimed at small-to-medium sized businesses, and has recently expanded beyond performance review functionality to include a learning management system.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/GM/NF/9TJE6DN2JBE7.PNGPiiQ by Cornerstone helped me Rally my Leaders and Peers to Drive a Culture of Continous Learning and FeedbackOur entire agency uses PiiQ by Cornerstone to help conduct our annual performance evaluations (SaaS). Prior to using PiiQ by Cornerstone, Power had never had a formal review process. In fact, many long-term employees claimed they hadn’t had a review in years. Loyalty and longevity beat out innovation and career diversity. Some employees had grown complacent while others, who should have been rising to the top, were being overlooked. People had been in the same roles for decades but weren’t evolving with the changing industry. Because we are a creative business, we don’t have sales metrics or numbers on which to measure the success of all employees, so evaluating talent can be subjective. It was crucial for us to get the right people in the right seats, develop succession planning and implement organizational change management. And we needed a consistent process to evaluate everyone at the same time in the same way.,PiiQ by Cornerstone provides roles and competencies, but allows you to develop your own specific to your organization. They also provide templates, or you can create your own. The ability to run reports on the status of completion across the agency, goal completion, 360 feedback and use of the LMS allows us to have a big-picture view of the agency and makes it easy for me to hold everyone accountable on all levels. The special features offered, such as the ability for employees to set their own goals and BOTH the manager and employee being able to set-up check-ins puts the power in each employee's hands and ensures that there are no excuses as to why there hasn't been continuous feedback throughout the year.,It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to delete a 360 feedback form that had not been filled out from the previous year. Right now, if someone isn't able to complete a 360, it stays on their dashboard as incomplete. It would also be helpful for a manager to be able to "unsend" a 360 feedback request. The check-in feature is awesome, but it would be nice to house private notes and comments that the employee can't see, but the manager an reference when they get ready to conduct their interview. The back-end took a lot of time to set-up. This could be remedied with an easier way to manually fill-in content that is the same for each competency. For instance, if you choose a snap-to-grid feature with only three ratings, you have to manually fill-in those ratings each time whereas it would be helpful to set it up as a default so you can choose the same function each time.,10,We have been able to create a culture of continuous feedback and conversations. Employees finally have a clear view of what is expected of them with real SMART goals to adhere to each year. Management is able to see the company holistically and how teams are stacking up against one another. We have made some adjustments in staff due to results and feedback that we would not have been able to track with an antiquated paper process.,8,I worked with the vendor and a third-party trainer during the set-up of PiiQ by Cornerstone. This was helpful as they were able to answer all of my questions so I was able to seamlessly roll-out the tool to my company.,10,This is the first learning management system I've used. This is the first performance management system I've used.Cornerstone PiiQ helps my organization reach the peak of productivityCornerstone is being used across the organization for learning and performance. All new hires complete a series of compliance courses and then at least one course related to their position. As part of the annual performance review, employees are expected to complete one manager-assigned course and one personal improvement course. Employees and managers are also encouraged to use the system independently for growth and development. We use the 360 review functionality every 3rd quarter for the management team and the annual review process for all staff every 4th quarter.,PiiQ Learning has extensive content organized by category to make it easy to find and assign courses to the staff; managers and employees can assign training. Reporting in both the learning and performance modules is simple and easy to understand. Particularly the graphics in the learning module are visually clear. I thought the performance module was fairly user-friendly last year, but having the ability to make changes without contacting support has been wonderful this year.,I would like to have the ability to create profiles in the learning system so that when I onboard a new employee, I can assign training at the click of a button based on their role in the organization. I would like the ability for managers to be able to hide comments in the check-in feature; there are some notes that managers may need to refer to during a check-in that are not always appropriate to share with the employee at that time. I would love to submit a request in the learning portal for courses that are not in my package that I would like to add to the system. For example, if I need a course related to case management for social workers, I would like to be able to search other partners (from the learning portal) to see if there are courses in other packages or from other providers that I could purchase.,10,Clear understanding of goals at all levels of the organization 100% participation rate in annual reviews Productivity earlier in onboarding because of learning content,8,I was able to configure the system on my own. The Pendolino Group advised me on some best practices.,10,,This is the first learning management system I've used. This is the first performance management system I've used.PiiQ by CornerstoneWe use PiiQ to manage our performance management program across our company.,PiiQ provides a basic platform to allow managers and employees to address performance. The ease of managing users is particularly easy. PiiQ also showcases performance by team member via a grid. This allows managers to view their team members by performance level.,PiiQ has a basic platform. The user interface is poor and does not provide flexibility for administrator to make changes to it. There is a 360 component to PiiQ however, you cannot adjust for anonymous feedback. Every manager that requests will see exactly who shared feedback PiiQ allows you to set a review timeline but not a true workflow. (i.e. self review> 360> manager review> 2nd level approver> HR approver) There are system generated messages but the administrator can not customize them to fit their organizations needs. The system does not have a "sign-off" on review. You must create one that looks and feels like it is a misfit.,1,Our company has maintained strong participation with managing performance via PiiQ,3,We configured PiiQ on our own,7,I have administered a performance management system before.PiiQ should pique your interest for strong performance reviews!We are using Piiq for performance reviews of select employees. We will be launching it organization-wide to set goals for everyone in July for next year performance reviews. We are also using 360 for board members to review the leadership at the organization.,Digitizes a traditionally paper process Good user interface Very customizable,Needs drag and drop functionality Once you set up a review cycle it is very difficult to make significant modifications without starting anew.,9,Too early to tell, but certainly professionalizes our organization,8,We used Pendolino Group to help us with configuration. As an organization that doesn't have an HR department, we required additional support to get off the ground. One we were trained and set-up in the system, it was very easy to take over.,9,This is the first performance management system I've used.Great system. Don't be daunted by the setup - the value it adds to your business is worth it.We use PiiQ as our performance management tool to manage the KPIs of all staff on a quarterly basis. This data we use on an annual basis to inform salary reviews and career advancement. Throughout the year we use the platform to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses amongst the team and inform our training and staff engagement programmes.,Great way to visually identify how different staff members are progressing and performing Simple and intuitive interface for staff members to use - making the process of job performance reviews more enjoyable Good existing library of competencies to draw upon,Would be good to have have a virtual "top level" (eg board) user built in to allow senior execs without a direct manager to be able to be set up with KPIs instead of having to create a dummy user Reports have difficulty downloading if pop ups disabled or in some browser environments When competencies are updated while a cycle is open, any changes don't effect that open cycle but only future ones. Would be nice to be able to have the option to apply changes to existing "open" cycles,9,Increased accountability across all staff Has ensured that quarterly performance reviews actually occur and provides visibility over divisions where it hasn't happened Allowed for better communication and more regular communication between staff and managers,6,We configured PiiQ on our own, but have had experience with the product previously (Sonar6) so had a level of prior knowledge that allowed us to deploy it. With out that we would have relied more heavily on vendor support. Having NZ reps rather than a local presence in Australia did make make this a little more complicated.,6,,I have administered a learning management system before. I have administered a performance management system before.
PiiQ by Cornerstone

PiiQ by Cornerstone Reviews

PiiQ by Cornerstone
Filter 45 vetted PiiQ by Cornerstone reviews and ratings
July 10, 2018

Review: "PiiQ by Cornerstone helped me Rally my Leaders and Peers to Drive a Culture of Continous Learning and Feedback"

• PiiQ by Cornerstone provides roles and competencies, but allows you to develop your own specific to your organization. They also provide templates, or you can create your own.
  • The ability to run reports on the status of completion across the agency, goal completion, 360 feedback and use of the LMS allows us to have a big-picture view of the agency and makes it easy for me to hold everyone accountable on all levels.
  • The special features offered, such as the ability for employees to set their own goals and BOTH the manager and employee being able to set-up check-ins puts the power in each employee's hands and ensures that there are no excuses as to why there hasn't been continuous feedback throughout the year.
  • It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to delete a 360 feedback form that had not been filled out from the previous year. Right now, if someone isn't able to complete a 360, it stays on their dashboard as incomplete. It would also be helpful for a manager to be able to "unsend" a 360 feedback request.
  • The check-in feature is awesome, but it would be nice to house private notes and comments that the employee can't see, but the manager an reference when they get ready to conduct their interview.
  • The back-end took a lot of time to set-up. This could be remedied with an easier way to manually fill-in content that is the same for each competency. For instance, if you choose a snap-to-grid feature with only three ratings, you have to manually fill-in those ratings each time whereas it would be helpful to set it up as a default so you can choose the same function each time.
PiiQ by Cornerstone has been the conduit to finally streamline our performance evaluation process. Between the customer service and the ease of the tool, we are able to get meaningful feedback that helps us make decisions.
Read Carla Terwilleger's full review
June 27, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Cornerstone PiiQ helps my organization reach the peak of productivity"

• PiiQ Learning has extensive content organized by category to make it easy to find and assign courses to the staff; managers and employees can assign training.
  • Reporting in both the learning and performance modules is simple and easy to understand. Particularly the graphics in the learning module are visually clear.
  • I thought the performance module was fairly user-friendly last year, but having the ability to make changes without contacting support has been wonderful this year.
  • I would like to have the ability to create profiles in the learning system so that when I onboard a new employee, I can assign training at the click of a button based on their role in the organization.
  • I would like the ability for managers to be able to hide comments in the check-in feature; there are some notes that managers may need to refer to during a check-in that are not always appropriate to share with the employee at that time.
  • I would love to submit a request in the learning portal for courses that are not in my package that I would like to add to the system. For example, if I need a course related to case management for social workers, I would like to be able to search other partners (from the learning portal) to see if there are courses in other packages or from other providers that I could purchase.
Our organization has grown from 60 employees three years ago to 150 right now. It is very useful to use at this point. I believe there are products for larger businesses and I would like to understand when it would be appropriate to start looking at those tools.
Read Corey Ellis's full review
June 25, 2018

User Review: "PiiQ by Cornerstone"

We use PiiQ to manage our performance management program across our company.
  • PiiQ provides a basic platform to allow managers and employees to address performance.
  • The ease of managing users is particularly easy.
  • PiiQ also showcases performance by team member via a grid. This allows managers to view their team members by performance level.
  • PiiQ has a basic platform. The user interface is poor and does not provide flexibility for administrator to make changes to it.
  • There is a 360 component to PiiQ however, you cannot adjust for anonymous feedback. Every manager that requests will see exactly who shared feedback
  • PiiQ allows you to set a review timeline but not a true workflow. (i.e. self review> 360> manager review> 2nd level approver> HR approver)
  • There are system generated messages but the administrator can not customize them to fit their organizations needs.
  • The system does not have a "sign-off" on review. You must create one that looks and feels like it is a misfit.
PiiQ is great for manager/employee updates. I think it is a great tool to provide feedback on a basic level and helps to keep information in one place.
Read Irma Mena's full review
July 05, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone: "PiiQ should pique your interest for strong performance reviews!"

• Digitizes a traditionally paper process
  • Good user interface
  • Very customizable
  • Needs drag and drop functionality
  • Once you set up a review cycle it is very difficult to make significant modifications without starting anew.
Great for small business and non-profit organizations that want to professionalize and improve processes. Great for organizations with limited administrative support.

Read Matthew Weintraub's full review
July 18, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Great system. Don't be daunted by the setup - the value it adds to your business is worth it."

• Great way to visually identify how different staff members are progressing and performing
  • Simple and intuitive interface for staff members to use - making the process of job performance reviews more enjoyable
  • Good existing library of competencies to draw upon
  • Would be good to have have a virtual "top level" (eg board) user built in to allow senior execs without a direct manager to be able to be set up with KPIs instead of having to create a dummy user
  • Reports have difficulty downloading if pop ups disabled or in some browser environments
  • When competencies are updated while a cycle is open, any changes don't effect that open cycle but only future ones. Would be nice to be able to have the option to apply changes to existing "open" cycles
Great for managing medium sized teams of people spread over geographically dispersed offices. Not so good for small teams (less than 15). Requires a degree of time and effort to set up correctly to provide useful data for management and a good experience for staff members, but once that effort has been made the results are great.
July 16, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "The Best Performance Management & Learning Solution on the Market!"

Our entire organization utilizes PiiQ for performance management, feedback, and learning. The interface is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. PiiQ's features allow our employees to strive for peak performance while supporting their careers and learning.
  • Intuitive interface. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to figure out a new system.
  • The performance management template is incredibly easy to navigate.
  • The administrator features are easy to use.
  • PiiQ could improve on the print format of performance reviews. Our managers and employees have commented on the lack of quality when they print out a performance review. It is difficult to find information.
  • More customization features such as template creation.
I will say it again, PiiQ is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Minimal training for employees is needed.
July 12, 2018

"My PiiQ by Cornerstone Review"

PiiQ is used by all departments in our company as our performance review system. We are trying to get our managers to get in the habit of using it for quarterly reviews as well.
  • Customization
  • Detailed spreadsheets
  • Mimic mode
  • The way that weighting is indicated on goals would be easier if you could just type in a number instead of those dots.
  • Not having the weightings automatically added/included to blank/empty goals
  • A feature that allows other managers to provide input on employees reviews (on the actual review, not via 360)
There are some things that made Cornerstone more user-friendly when the PiiQ upgrade happened, but there were some items that made it harder to use. Some of the features that were added were beneficial, but others were not. I feel like there is still a lot of room for improvement.
July 10, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Great tool when set up correctly"

We utilize PiiQ to complete annual employee reviews for all employees. This helps us get a better feel for competencies employees need to work on and for us to find out how we can help our employees grow. It is a little confusing to set up at first; we are still new to it so are still working out the kinks.
  • Great digital solution
  • Dashboard is easy to navigate/user-friendly
  • We like that we can mimic employees to make sure everything is set up correctly
  • Maybe provide an actual person to help with implementation
  • We did not use the goals section which makes excellent employees look marginal
  • It can be a little confusing trying to set up the questions for employees
This is a great digital solution for employee reviews; just need to make sure you set it up correctly.
July 10, 2018

"PiiQ by Cornerstone reviewn- My two cents"

PiiQ by Cornerstone is being used across our entire organization. We primarily use it for onboarding and employee development. Prior to using PiiQ by Cornerstone, we did not have a centralized repository to hold all of our onboarding documents as well as professional development courses for our employees. PiiQ by Cornerstone allowed us to be better organized.
  • Offers a variety of courses
  • Maintains accountability
  • Is easy to use
  • We would like to see better integration with our HR system
  • Could offer more up to date learning for Microsoft Office products
  • Terms the system uses e.g. "submit," "unsubmit," and "confirm" can be confusing
PiiQ by Cornerstone works well in an organization that does not have a full ERP HRIS. It is a very good add-on for smaller companies.
June 27, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Good for simple setups"

PiiQ was our method of doing employee reviews for the entire organization. We canceled our contract as the product was not as user-friendly as we had hoped with the latest upgrade. If setting up the program was all that I did, then we might be still using it, but as an HR manager for 2 companies, I have much more on my plate. The instructions provided via webinar on making changes to your setup were not clear. Terminating users had to be done by contacting Cornerstone, not by the program admin, they did, however, allow the administrator to delete a user which was an improvement.

There was also not a signature page that a manager could print and have signed that a review was completed, it was completely electronic. If you chose to print anything, it was the entire review which, in our case was at least 15 pages long when all we needed was the last page. It was print it all or nothing.
  • With PiiQ managers could have employee specific goals verses the same goals for all employees in a specific classification.
  • Allowing printing of just the signature page.
  • Making it easier to make changes across the board.
Smaller companies where the reviews are more generic or where reviews are more goal specific per person since that is a new feature which is nice.
June 25, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "The upgrade from CSB to PiiQ has been a great disappointment."

We use PiiQ for annual reviews for our whole organization.
  • It allows for self assessments, which assists the managers in completing their reviews and speaking with their employees.
  • We started out with Sonar6, which was a good product, easy to use and administer. It was then bought out by Corner Stone and called Cornerstone Small Business, but basically was the same product.
  • When they moved from CSB to PiiQ we lost many areas of functionality and are finding it hard to use this product. Some examples: We no longer have the self assessment comparisons scales for the managers to view. The 360 no longer has the factors associated to it, its is now a manual process. The development plan was removed, so there is no place for managers to plan out future growth with their employees. The Notes area has been removed, so managers now have to keep notes in a separate document and its not associated with the review. And the final piece that is having us look for another application is that you can not change a persons role mid year, which is an issue as people change positions throughout the year. This also has caused an issue with our monthly upload of new hires and changes.
  • I believe they rolled out the PiiQ product too soon. It may become a good product but based on what we had to what we now have is a great disappointment.
See previous examples.
January 31, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone: "Cornerstone offers a "Piiq" into the future of performance reviews!"

PiiQ by Cornerstone is the performance management system we use in our corporate office where our key business functions are domiciled. Those functions include finance, real estate development, property management, architecture, corporate communications/fund development, and human resources administration. We have deployed it as an interactive system for employee goal setting, periodic performance "check-in" meetings, and annual performance/merit review. It has been a key tool in moving from an annual, angst-ridden review experience toward a more useful dialog at different points during the year. The employees can draft their own goals and their self-assessment which helps build trust and engagement with their direct manager and the company as a whole. Also, the built-in 9-box analysis enables us to see team or department performance within a useful context for development and training.
  • Enables employees to draft work goals and collaborate with their supervisors on a final version - improves mutual understanding right up front.
  • Combines performance goal ratings with competency ratings and provides a blended score. Simplifies the goal weighting so you don't have to do any calculations.
  • 9-box matrix provides useful definitions and descriptions so managers can prepare development notes or plans for individual employees.
  • Need to include a signature line or checkbox where the employee can acknowledge receipt and review of the final document as submitted by the manager (and the date of same). This would be very helpful so there is no viable argument about the content of the document especially if an employee dispute and/or lawsuit regarding performance issues arises in the future.
  • A feature enabling employees to print out the final document. Right now, only the manager has a print command button on the screen. The employee can attempt this by using the browser’s menu option (i.e. mouse right click > print command) but the resulting hard copy is incomplete and poorly formatted. The word processor within Piiq has somewhat limited features compared to what is available in MS Word or even the more basic Windows Wordpad. But the interface is improved from the earlier version.
  • The final print out doesn’t match the screen output. Ratings that are displayed graphically on the screen are Instead displayed as text. The end result is wordy and, at best, awkward to read.
  • A 360-degree review that can be sent to parties outside the company would be helpful, especially for rating senior managers and executives who have extensive vendor or third-party relationships contributing to the overall performance rating.
Piiq by Cornerstone is a tool (actually, a set of tools) well suited for salaried and professional employees (e.g. corporate headquarters). May be a bit too sophisticated for the performance management needs of hourly/production staff. We also faced some cost constraints and elected to use a simpler online performance management tool offered by our payroll vendor.
Read Gene Aldava, SPHR's full review
February 13, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Small Agency Using PiiQ to Grow"

We are using PiiQ to manage our employee goal setting, performance reviews and for 360 feedback. It is being used across our whole organization and it allows us to support our team goals and professional development.
  • The system is very user-friendly
  • I love how it provides examples of roles and goals to build off of.
  • I wish it was easier to create employee logins without having them go through the forgot password process
It is very well suited for a medium-sized organization that is looking to standardize their employee growth and development.
Read Alessandra Vaughan's full review
February 13, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Visible system for PA-PiiQ"

We use Cornerstone globally for annual performance reviews. We have been using PiiQ from Cornerstone for 3 years. I feel after the upgrade, PiiQ has improved the interface so it is more user friendly and can provide detailed analytical reports. The internet speed from China has been improved as well. I like it.
  • Friendly dashboard interface
  • Score reports by performance and competency
  • Nice boxes position to view incumbents' potential and performance
  • So far, cannot manually input the weight of each goal. Would like the weighting of each goals have the option to be manually input
  • Option to re-define goals and process/personal improvement
It can be used for annual performance company wide which is good. If we can use this tool to track and remind line managers to have monthly or quarterly review of their subordinates' progress and improvement, it will be better. For example, when we set the monthly goals or quarterly goals, the system can send email reminder to the manager and ask them to have the review.
Read Sherry Shu's full review
January 31, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone: "PiiQ Your Review!"

We use PiiQ annually for performance reviews although we engage with the platform as regularly as monthly or quarterly 121s to document progress against targets and goals, to self-review, seek 360 feedback, so that by the end of the year and the annual review is due, we have captured data/feedback/assessments all throughout the year.

We use it across our whole business including remote workers which use the platform via an app. The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans

• We can use it for remote workers through an app - allows self-review.
  • The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans.
  • 360-degree feedback requested through the system to add value to reviews and assessments.
  • More guidance around the 9 box grid outcomes and how to support/improve your employee.
  • We use BambooHR and the two systems use to talk and would import new starters - that feature is missing now.
A great platform to conduct business wide reviews in an interactive way, allow visual oversight to the business, and could absolutely support other talent management strategies in place.
Read Katie Dominy (Chartered FCIPD)'s full review
January 30, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Need to fix the reporting on this product!"

We use it to develop annual performance goals then rate those goals as well as other competencies.
  • Fairly intuitive to use
  • Good database of competencies
  • The reporting is terrible. We wanted to print out each person's complete evaluation and that functionality is not available. We ended up printing screenshots page-by-page which was a huge waste of time. Need to fix this or will not be continuing as client.
  • There were issues with the "bubbles" vs. the ratings and confusion with that.
  • Percentages were off and took a lot of time to resolve.
Unless Cornerstone fixes the reporting I don't believe it is suited to anyone.
Read Charity Quick-Borgard, MBA, CCT's full review
February 13, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Good system, implemented into a professional services firm, still improving as we go!"

Used by whole organisation. Some areas of the business would like an area where they can record smaller job appraisals on an ongoing basis throughout the year, and then refer to this when completing a 6 monthly review.
  • Looks modern and appealing
  • Easy to use and follow
  • 360 Feedback function is great
  • Add a section where you can record ongoing feedback throughout the year, separate to the reviews. Then managers can refer to this section when completing a review.
  • Allow more flexibility in wording. I.e. administrators should be able to control what the automated email reminders say.
  • Remove the close date for the reviews so users can't see this. We often tell people to complete their reviews by x date, but don't set the close date until a week or two later. We don't want people to see the later (actual) date.
  • Allow more than one manager to be allocated to an employee. We often have people reporting to two managers, and they both want input into the review.
Good for remote working, works on a mobile phone for example. You can complete part of the review, then come back and complete later. Good for 360 feedback.
January 30, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Why you should consider PiiQ"

We use PiiQ for all staff for period goal settings, annual reviews, and 90 day reviews. We also use its learning capabilities. You need to measure performance or goals consistently in business to always continue to improve. The tools and reports give you this opportunity with this software.
  • Customer Service is outstanding
  • User friendly
  • Excellent help content and examples to get you started
  • You can't goal headers. Once something is in the library it will always show up when you set a goal period. I have had frustrated Managers because of this aspect but it could be fixed.
  • They are working on better one off review functions. It is a continuous tracking module but some companies like to do certain reviews with certain questions only at any time.
This product is great for setting up standard metrics that you want to continuously track at all times for all employees. The only issue is how the library is set and once you set your goal period you can't modify goal headings so thus you are locked into having a question answered in that category no matter what.
January 30, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Cornerstone On Demand Cares What You Think!"

We selected Cornerstone on Demand about 4 years ago because the concepts and values aligned with our company objectives program, and the system was an easier way to monitor and collect data from the employees. We converted over to the PiiQ website last September, and we stayed with the new system because it still aligns very nicely with our company objectives. All our organization uses the performance module from the CEO down to our service group. We align our whole company with three objectives, and their assignments for the year will focus on either 1 or all 3 of the objectives. This year our company is focusing on execution, and the employee's goals reflect that objective. The tool helps us keep everyone aligned, and on target for 4 quarterly reviews. We use the results for incentive pay across the organization.
  • The new system (PiiQ) is very systematic in the design and implementation. It is consistent from employee use to the use of a supervisor.
  • It is simplistic and user-friendly. Although, teaching the new system coming from the old system has been difficult. I finally had to design a "guide sheet" with simple instructions to get our users more familiar with the way the new system is laid out. It has taken some time, but I think most users now "get it."
  • The new administrative side is much more effective, and allows the administrators to assist others more effectively. I haven't re-designed anything else since switching, but may do so in the future (which we couldn't do ourselves on the old system).
  • They have made vast improvements with their customer service. I now get the help much easier and quicker. Thank goodness.
  • The language Cornerstone chose to use "submit," "unsubmit," and "confirm" has been very confusing, and the hardest concept to teach, and from feedback from the supervisors, they dislike having to go to the extra step of confirming the goals. I completely understand why that step is necessary, and it makes it more necessary for the supervisor to have that conversation with their employee as they move through the steps.
  • I mentioned this to one of the customer service agents, and they said it was very low on the priority from the feedback, but I really loved the organization tree that was available in the old system. It was a quick way to see that I had everyone reporting to the right people, and easier to see organization as a whole.
For managers/supervisors that take the time as they should with their employees, it is a great system and user-friendly. Our organization requires our supervisors to perform 4 quarterly meetings, and this tool works great in those incidences. However, for a supervisor that doesn't like doing paperwork, and isn't as apt to meet with their team, in their minds it is a real drudgery. I just remind them most of the tools out there for performance is far more complicated and much more expensive.
January 30, 2018

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "PiiQ ease of use proves beneficial across all departments"

We use PiiQ for performance management tracking as well as learning and informational videos.
  • Their competency templates
  • Cyber U videos
  • Customer service
  • Opportunity to adjust competency templates without erasing all past information
Really great for ease of use and performance management. Can be tailored to each business's specific needs.
March 15, 2017

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "CSOD Fail"

It was being used for one department for testing and then we were thinking about rolling out to others but found it was not fit for purpose. This was for a few reasons. Firstly, we needed something mobile friendly and we also needed a simple user friendly system for administrators which we found this was not.
  • Organisation structures
  • SCORM
  • Branding
  • Usability
  • Mobile friendly
  • Support
I struggled to enjoy working with CSOD so I disliked it in all scenarios. This was because it took a very long time to train a team member on how to use the back end system and the customer support was insufficient, meaning even minor changes took a long time.
February 16, 2015

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Good for the right frequency and feedback loop."

Cornerstone Growth Edition was our organization's first automated performance management system. When this was rolled out to a software company, the adoption of it was well received because of the look and the ability to adjust gummies with further explanation. The self assessment piece worked really well with establishing clear goals and allowing team members to rate themselves. This allowed for content to drive performance conversations between the team lead and team member.
  • CornerStone Growth Edition allows for more variability when rating individuals. It wasn't just a clear excellent or missed it. This allowed us to relay all context with each situation.
  • CornerStone Growth Edition was flexible with the terminology we wanted to use during the set up of the system.
  • The helicopter view of performers was a great tool to stack rank team members across the board.
  • When I used it, Cornerstone Growth Edition had the opportunity to improve its reporting features. It was hard to tell who had completed ratings and who had not. There was also no custom reporting feature.
  • We are no longer using Cornerstone because we needed a system that would help us give continuous feedback and direction. We decided that every six months was not enough for our changing work environment.
I would look at frequency of performance management sessions. Consider if goals change within a session period and how that will be relayed or rated in conjunction with what work was already done on the previous goal.
February 13, 2015

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Formerly know as "Sonar6" then "CSB" now "Cornerstone Growth Edition""

We use the system for all of our office employees across the whole organization.It has helped us become more paperless by eliminating paper reviews. It also helped us to enable 360 performance reviews throughout the company.
  • Paperless performance reviews
  • 360 reviews
  • Easy end-user interface
  • Unable to use the performance system on iPad
  • Unable to work offline so data can be lost rather easily when not using a strong internet connection (airplane, wireless, etc)
The setup process is very customizable - there are so many features that can be turned on or off based on your company's culture and structure. Depending on how our current system is, it can either be recreated or start new with system defaults.
February 15, 2014

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Easy-to-use, visually appealing performance appraisal system!"

• Really easy and straightforward to complete objectives and performance reviews. Anyone can figure this system out without referring to the manual!
  • Visual representation of performance (ex. sliding scale reviews, 9-box grid) is compelling and is a great snapshot of overall performance and objectives.
  • Overall comparisons between direct reports' performance reviews and objectives are easily accessible for managers
  • It's so easy to switch from the current performance appraisal period to older data for comparison
  • I really like how you can add Notes (qualitative data) easily to objectives and self-appraisals.
  • Setup and ongoing maintenance can be frustrating, needs more options for customization. We have to call their help line almost every day when we're setting up the system for the next appraisal period, and a lot of our requested features
  • Needs better user management, should be much more user-friendly, process on handling terminated employees doesn't make the most sense (ex. it's unfortunate that we have to pay an extra fee to download data if we would want to delete users in the system. I wish we would "hide" terminated/inactive employees so they don't show up with giant Xs across their chest - it's really weird and it looks like they're on a hit list.)
  • Reporting is very limited. If there is a manager with four direct reports and I, as an admin, want to see how much of each review the manager has completed so far, I can't. The numbers are only reported in the aggregate. If CSB added more in-depth reports, the system would be greatly improved.
  • I think it's silly that you need to click "Save" and that the data entered does not save automatically. I shouldn't have to remind employees to always click on "Save" every few minutes.
  • I wish the "Share" feature was more pronounced and obvious. This is probably the number one question we get - "how do I share my review with my manager?" Also, managers are never notified via e-mail upon successful completion of a self-appraisal. More notifications would be great and would remove lots of guesswork or missed time. We are on an extremely tight schedule for performance reviews and want to make sure people have enough time to complete the process.
  • It's ridiculous that Admins cannot download employee data and reviews directly from their Admin accounts. We shouldn't have to sign in as an employee's manager to read or download their reviews. Imagine doing this for 300+ employees.
I highly recommend CSB to any colleague who is currently working with a tedious performance management system or even worse, just paper. CSB is really easy to use from the end user perspective, and it takes all of the frustration out of completing reviews, which is great! The last thing that I want is to be forced to use a difficult system and take hours just to complete a self-appraisal and objectives. I was able to complete my own self-appraisal in CSB in a half hour.

Prior to CSB, our organization used another system (Halogen) which honestly took weeks to set up for mid-year and end-year reviews. It was an absolute nightmare. Then, from the employee perspective, it was also a nightmare to complete the review. Our employees and admins had terrible feedback on the system.

Since we had a terrible system to begin with (and only did paper reviews before that), CSB was a welcome upgrade!
November 01, 2012

PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Simpler than SuccessFactors and has features we need."

• It takes a lot of the fear out of performance reviews. We were very liberal about the way we implemented performance reviews before. As we grew, we knew we needed to be more organized. We wanted something that fit our culture – simple to use – and not just something that someone would use twice a year, but would use in 1-1s. It's simpler than Success Factors and happens to have features we’re looking for.
  • The analytics are good and the graphical interface is engaging. The analytics allow you to benchmark employees against each other in a non-threatening way.
  • The way it saves data/changes is a little archaic. I have gotten complaints from people doing hours of work and losing it.
  • It could be more proactive in notifications. Notifications could be improved.
  • It could provide more direction for users to know when they are complete with a review. There’s no you’re done with this review. This is important for compliance reasons when you are trying to get through reviews. They do have an indicator of completeness for reviews, a progress bar for your whole team but not for individual reviews. I keep getting the question from my staff, am I done?
We did have some issues with browser support in IE in the beginning.

Corporate goal setting (16)
Subordinate goal setting (18)
Individual goal setting (19)
Line-of sight-visibility (15)
Performance tracking (2)
Performance plans (15)
Plan weighting (19)
5.9
Manager note taking (8)
5.3
Performance improvement plans (3)
3.0
Review status tracking (19)
Rater nomination workflow (2)
4.0
Review reminders (17)
Workflow restrictions (10)
Multiple review frequency (14)
Reporting (21)
Course authoring (4)
Course catalog or library (4)
Player/Portal (3)
Learning content (4)
Mobile friendly (1)
Progress tracking & certifications (3)
Assignments (4)
Compliance management (2)
Learning administration (4)
Learning reporting & analytics (4)

About PiiQ by Cornerstone

PiiQ by Cornerstone is performance and learning management software designed for small to medium businesses. The software drives employee engagement and productivity with its performance management tools and helps companies build a culture of continuous learning and development with a robust library of on-demand courses. The vendor’s value proposition is that managers can get up and running fast with the self-configurable and intuitive set-up.

PiiQ offers a suite of products; choose PiiQ Performance, PiiQ Learning, or both in one, simple platform.

PiiQ Performance:

• Collaborative, continuous goal setting
  • Continuous feedback
  • Comprehensive, well-designed dashboards and reports to find hidden training needs, skill gaps, and struggling & outstanding employees
  • 9-box talent matrix graphs and employee profile
  • Easily configurable (no costly implementations!)
  • 360 reviews
  • Overall score & manager comments

PiiQ Learning:

• Searchable library and self-registration
  • Compliance and training courses ranging from technical to soft skills
  • Ability to create your own courses
  • Reporting and insights dashboard
  • Mobile learning on the go
  • Content Providers such as CyberU, Cegos, and Skillsoft

PiiQ also offers a service and support team that aims to help businesses optimize use of the products and enable success. Support ranges from immediate telephone support to full consulting packages – companies have the choice in how much they need.

PiiQ by Cornerstone Features

Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Has featureCompliance tracking and reporting
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureCorporate goal setting
Has featureSubordinate goal setting
Has featureIndividual goal setting
Does not have featureNon-hierarchical goal setting
Has featureLine-of sight-visibility
Does not have featurePerformance tracking
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePlan weighting
Has featureManager note taking
Does not have featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureRater nominations
Does not have featureRater nomination workflow
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureWorkflow restrictions
Has featureReview transfer
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Has featureReporting
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureEmployee profiles
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate add
Does not have featureCandidate development
Recruiting / ATS Features
Does not have featureCollaboration
Does not have featureTask Creation and Delegation
Does not have featureEmail Templates
Does not have featureUser Permissions
Does not have featureNotifications and Alerts
Does not have featureReporting
Learning Management Features
Has featureCourse authoring
Has featureCourse catalog or library
Has featurePlayer/Portal
Has featureLearning administration
Has featureLearning reporting & analytics
Has featureeLearning
Does not have featureAssessments
Does not have featureLive online learning
Has featureIn-person learning
Has featureMicro-learning
Has featureVideo learning
Does not have featureeCommerce
Has featureAICC-compliant
Has featureSCORM-compliant
Does not have featureTin Can (xAPI) compliant
Does not have featureSocial learning

PiiQ by Cornerstone Screenshots

PiiQ by Cornerstone Videos (3)

PiiQ by Cornerstone Downloadables