Review: "PiiQ by Cornerstone helped me Rally my Leaders and Peers to Drive a Culture of Continous Learning and Feedback"
- PiiQ by Cornerstone provides roles and competencies, but allows you to develop your own specific to your organization. They also provide templates, or you can create your own.
- The ability to run reports on the status of completion across the agency, goal completion, 360 feedback and use of the LMS allows us to have a big-picture view of the agency and makes it easy for me to hold everyone accountable on all levels.
- The special features offered, such as the ability for employees to set their own goals and BOTH the manager and employee being able to set-up check-ins puts the power in each employee's hands and ensures that there are no excuses as to why there hasn't been continuous feedback throughout the year.
- It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to delete a 360 feedback form that had not been filled out from the previous year. Right now, if someone isn't able to complete a 360, it stays on their dashboard as incomplete. It would also be helpful for a manager to be able to "unsend" a 360 feedback request.
- The check-in feature is awesome, but it would be nice to house private notes and comments that the employee can't see, but the manager an reference when they get ready to conduct their interview.
- The back-end took a lot of time to set-up. This could be remedied with an easier way to manually fill-in content that is the same for each competency. For instance, if you choose a snap-to-grid feature with only three ratings, you have to manually fill-in those ratings each time whereas it would be helpful to set it up as a default so you can choose the same function each time.
We use the 360 review functionality every 3rd quarter for the management team and the annual review process for all staff every 4th quarter.
- PiiQ Learning has extensive content organized by category to make it easy to find and assign courses to the staff; managers and employees can assign training.
- Reporting in both the learning and performance modules is simple and easy to understand. Particularly the graphics in the learning module are visually clear.
- I thought the performance module was fairly user-friendly last year, but having the ability to make changes without contacting support has been wonderful this year.
- I would like to have the ability to create profiles in the learning system so that when I onboard a new employee, I can assign training at the click of a button based on their role in the organization.
- I would like the ability for managers to be able to hide comments in the check-in feature; there are some notes that managers may need to refer to during a check-in that are not always appropriate to share with the employee at that time.
- I would love to submit a request in the learning portal for courses that are not in my package that I would like to add to the system. For example, if I need a course related to case management for social workers, I would like to be able to search other partners (from the learning portal) to see if there are courses in other packages or from other providers that I could purchase.
- PiiQ provides a basic platform to allow managers and employees to address performance.
- The ease of managing users is particularly easy.
- PiiQ also showcases performance by team member via a grid. This allows managers to view their team members by performance level.
- PiiQ has a basic platform. The user interface is poor and does not provide flexibility for administrator to make changes to it.
- There is a 360 component to PiiQ however, you cannot adjust for anonymous feedback. Every manager that requests will see exactly who shared feedback
- PiiQ allows you to set a review timeline but not a true workflow. (i.e. self review> 360> manager review> 2nd level approver> HR approver)
- There are system generated messages but the administrator can not customize them to fit their organizations needs.
- The system does not have a "sign-off" on review. You must create one that looks and feels like it is a misfit.
- Digitizes a traditionally paper process
- Good user interface
- Very customizable
- Needs drag and drop functionality
- Once you set up a review cycle it is very difficult to make significant modifications without starting anew.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Great system. Don't be daunted by the setup - the value it adds to your business is worth it."
- Great way to visually identify how different staff members are progressing and performing
- Simple and intuitive interface for staff members to use - making the process of job performance reviews more enjoyable
- Good existing library of competencies to draw upon
- Would be good to have have a virtual "top level" (eg board) user built in to allow senior execs without a direct manager to be able to be set up with KPIs instead of having to create a dummy user
- Reports have difficulty downloading if pop ups disabled or in some browser environments
- When competencies are updated while a cycle is open, any changes don't effect that open cycle but only future ones. Would be nice to be able to have the option to apply changes to existing "open" cycles
- Intuitive interface. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to figure out a new system.
- The performance management template is incredibly easy to navigate.
- The administrator features are easy to use.
- PiiQ could improve on the print format of performance reviews. Our managers and employees have commented on the lack of quality when they print out a performance review. It is difficult to find information.
- More customization features such as template creation.
- Detailed spreadsheets
- Mimic mode
- The way that weighting is indicated on goals would be easier if you could just type in a number instead of those dots.
- Not having the weightings automatically added/included to blank/empty goals
- A feature that allows other managers to provide input on employees reviews (on the actual review, not via 360)
- Great digital solution
- Dashboard is easy to navigate/user-friendly
- We like that we can mimic employees to make sure everything is set up correctly
- Maybe provide an actual person to help with implementation
- We did not use the goals section which makes excellent employees look marginal
- It can be a little confusing trying to set up the questions for employees
- Offers a variety of courses
- Maintains accountability
- Is easy to use
- We would like to see better integration with our HR system
- Could offer more up to date learning for Microsoft Office products
- Terms the system uses e.g. "submit," "unsubmit," and "confirm" can be confusing
- With PiiQ managers could have employee specific goals verses the same goals for all employees in a specific classification.
- Allowing printing of just the signature page.
- Making it easier to make changes across the board.
- It allows for self assessments, which assists the managers in completing their reviews and speaking with their employees.
- We started out with Sonar6, which was a good product, easy to use and administer. It was then bought out by Corner Stone and called Cornerstone Small Business, but basically was the same product.
- When they moved from CSB to PiiQ we lost many areas of functionality and are finding it hard to use this product. Some examples: We no longer have the self assessment comparisons scales for the managers to view. The 360 no longer has the factors associated to it, its is now a manual process. The development plan was removed, so there is no place for managers to plan out future growth with their employees. The Notes area has been removed, so managers now have to keep notes in a separate document and its not associated with the review. And the final piece that is having us look for another application is that you can not change a persons role mid year, which is an issue as people change positions throughout the year. This also has caused an issue with our monthly upload of new hires and changes.
- I believe they rolled out the PiiQ product too soon. It may become a good product but based on what we had to what we now have is a great disappointment.
- Enables employees to draft work goals and collaborate with their supervisors on a final version - improves mutual understanding right up front.
- Combines performance goal ratings with competency ratings and provides a blended score. Simplifies the goal weighting so you don't have to do any calculations.
- 9-box matrix provides useful definitions and descriptions so managers can prepare development notes or plans for individual employees.
- Need to include a signature line or checkbox where the employee can acknowledge receipt and review of the final document as submitted by the manager (and the date of same). This would be very helpful so there is no viable argument about the content of the document especially if an employee dispute and/or lawsuit regarding performance issues arises in the future.
- A feature enabling employees to print out the final document. Right now, only the manager has a print command button on the screen. The employee can attempt this by using the browser’s menu option (i.e. mouse right click > print command) but the resulting hard copy is incomplete and poorly formatted. The word processor within Piiq has somewhat limited features compared to what is available in MS Word or even the more basic Windows Wordpad. But the interface is improved from the earlier version.
- The final print out doesn’t match the screen output. Ratings that are displayed graphically on the screen are Instead displayed as text. The end result is wordy and, at best, awkward to read.
- A 360-degree review that can be sent to parties outside the company would be helpful, especially for rating senior managers and executives who have extensive vendor or third-party relationships contributing to the overall performance rating.
- The system is very user-friendly
- I love how it provides examples of roles and goals to build off of.
- I wish it was easier to create employee logins without having them go through the forgot password process
- Friendly dashboard interface
- Score reports by performance and competency
- Nice boxes position to view incumbents' potential and performance
- So far, cannot manually input the weight of each goal. Would like the weighting of each goals have the option to be manually input
- Option to re-define goals and process/personal improvement
We use PiiQ annually for performance reviews although we engage with the platform as regularly as monthly or quarterly 121s to document progress against targets and goals, to self-review, seek 360 feedback, so that by the end of the year and the annual review is due, we have captured data/feedback/assessments all throughout the year.
We use it across our whole business including remote workers which use the platform via an app. The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans
- We can use it for remote workers through an app - allows self-review.
- The best thing it gives HR and managers is a helicopter view of employees and performance/behaviours to support future actions - performance improvement, coaching, or succession planning or progression plans.
- 360-degree feedback requested through the system to add value to reviews and assessments.
- More guidance around the 9 box grid outcomes and how to support/improve your employee.
- We use BambooHR and the two systems use to talk and would import new starters - that feature is missing now.
- Fairly intuitive to use
- Good database of competencies
- The reporting is terrible. We wanted to print out each person's complete evaluation and that functionality is not available. We ended up printing screenshots page-by-page which was a huge waste of time. Need to fix this or will not be continuing as client.
- There were issues with the "bubbles" vs. the ratings and confusion with that.
- Percentages were off and took a lot of time to resolve.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Review: "Good system, implemented into a professional services firm, still improving as we go!"
- Looks modern and appealing
- Easy to use and follow
- 360 Feedback function is great
- Add a section where you can record ongoing feedback throughout the year, separate to the reviews. Then managers can refer to this section when completing a review.
- Allow more flexibility in wording. I.e. administrators should be able to control what the automated email reminders say.
- Remove the close date for the reviews so users can't see this. We often tell people to complete their reviews by x date, but don't set the close date until a week or two later. We don't want people to see the later (actual) date.
- Allow more than one manager to be allocated to an employee. We often have people reporting to two managers, and they both want input into the review.
- Customer Service is outstanding
- User friendly
- Excellent help content and examples to get you started
- You can't goal headers. Once something is in the library it will always show up when you set a goal period. I have had frustrated Managers because of this aspect but it could be fixed.
- They are working on better one off review functions. It is a continuous tracking module but some companies like to do certain reviews with certain questions only at any time.
- The new system (PiiQ) is very systematic in the design and implementation. It is consistent from employee use to the use of a supervisor.
- It is simplistic and user-friendly. Although, teaching the new system coming from the old system has been difficult. I finally had to design a "guide sheet" with simple instructions to get our users more familiar with the way the new system is laid out. It has taken some time, but I think most users now "get it."
- The new administrative side is much more effective, and allows the administrators to assist others more effectively. I haven't re-designed anything else since switching, but may do so in the future (which we couldn't do ourselves on the old system).
- They have made vast improvements with their customer service. I now get the help much easier and quicker. Thank goodness.
- The language Cornerstone chose to use "submit," "unsubmit," and "confirm" has been very confusing, and the hardest concept to teach, and from feedback from the supervisors, they dislike having to go to the extra step of confirming the goals. I completely understand why that step is necessary, and it makes it more necessary for the supervisor to have that conversation with their employee as they move through the steps.
- I mentioned this to one of the customer service agents, and they said it was very low on the priority from the feedback, but I really loved the organization tree that was available in the old system. It was a quick way to see that I had everyone reporting to the right people, and easier to see organization as a whole.
- CornerStone Growth Edition allows for more variability when rating individuals. It wasn't just a clear excellent or missed it. This allowed us to relay all context with each situation.
- CornerStone Growth Edition was flexible with the terminology we wanted to use during the set up of the system.
- The helicopter view of performers was a great tool to stack rank team members across the board.
- When I used it, Cornerstone Growth Edition had the opportunity to improve its reporting features. It was hard to tell who had completed ratings and who had not. There was also no custom reporting feature.
- We are no longer using Cornerstone because we needed a system that would help us give continuous feedback and direction. We decided that every six months was not enough for our changing work environment.
- Paperless performance reviews
- 360 reviews
- Easy end-user interface
- Unable to use the performance system on iPad
- Unable to work offline so data can be lost rather easily when not using a strong internet connection (airplane, wireless, etc)
- Really easy and straightforward to complete objectives and performance reviews. Anyone can figure this system out without referring to the manual!
- Visual representation of performance (ex. sliding scale reviews, 9-box grid) is compelling and is a great snapshot of overall performance and objectives.
- Overall comparisons between direct reports' performance reviews and objectives are easily accessible for managers
- It's so easy to switch from the current performance appraisal period to older data for comparison
- I really like how you can add Notes (qualitative data) easily to objectives and self-appraisals.
- Setup and ongoing maintenance can be frustrating, needs more options for customization. We have to call their help line almost every day when we're setting up the system for the next appraisal period, and a lot of our requested features
- Needs better user management, should be much more user-friendly, process on handling terminated employees doesn't make the most sense (ex. it's unfortunate that we have to pay an extra fee to download data if we would want to delete users in the system. I wish we would "hide" terminated/inactive employees so they don't show up with giant Xs across their chest - it's really weird and it looks like they're on a hit list.)
- Reporting is very limited. If there is a manager with four direct reports and I, as an admin, want to see how much of each review the manager has completed so far, I can't. The numbers are only reported in the aggregate. If CSB added more in-depth reports, the system would be greatly improved.
- I think it's silly that you need to click "Save" and that the data entered does not save automatically. I shouldn't have to remind employees to always click on "Save" every few minutes.
- I wish the "Share" feature was more pronounced and obvious. This is probably the number one question we get - "how do I share my review with my manager?" Also, managers are never notified via e-mail upon successful completion of a self-appraisal. More notifications would be great and would remove lots of guesswork or missed time. We are on an extremely tight schedule for performance reviews and want to make sure people have enough time to complete the process.
- It's ridiculous that Admins cannot download employee data and reviews directly from their Admin accounts. We shouldn't have to sign in as an employee's manager to read or download their reviews. Imagine doing this for 300+ employees.
Prior to CSB, our organization used another system (Halogen) which honestly took weeks to set up for mid-year and end-year reviews. It was an absolute nightmare. Then, from the employee perspective, it was also a nightmare to complete the review. Our employees and admins had terrible feedback on the system.
Since we had a terrible system to begin with (and only did paper reviews before that), CSB was a welcome upgrade!
- It takes a lot of the fear out of performance reviews. We were very liberal about the way we implemented performance reviews before. As we grew, we knew we needed to be more organized. We wanted something that fit our culture – simple to use – and not just something that someone would use twice a year, but would use in 1-1s. It's simpler than Success Factors and happens to have features we’re looking for.
- The analytics are good and the graphical interface is engaging. The analytics allow you to benchmark employees against each other in a non-threatening way.
- The way it saves data/changes is a little archaic. I have gotten complaints from people doing hours of work and losing it.
- It could be more proactive in notifications. Notifications could be improved.
- It could provide more direction for users to know when they are complete with a review. There’s no you’re done with this review. This is important for compliance reasons when you are trying to get through reviews. They do have an indicator of completeness for reviews, a progress bar for your whole team but not for individual reviews. I keep getting the question from my staff, am I done?
PiiQ by Cornerstone Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About PiiQ by Cornerstone
PiiQ by Cornerstone is performance and learning management software designed for small to medium businesses. The software drives employee engagement and productivity with its performance management tools and helps companies build a culture of continuous learning and development with a robust library of on-demand courses. The vendor’s value proposition is that managers can get up and running fast with the self-configurable and intuitive set-up.
PiiQ offers a suite of products; choose PiiQ Performance, PiiQ Learning, or both in one, simple platform.
- Collaborative, continuous goal setting
- Continuous feedback
- Comprehensive, well-designed dashboards and reports to find hidden training needs, skill gaps, and struggling & outstanding employees
- 9-box talent matrix graphs and employee profile
- Easily configurable (no costly implementations!)
- 360 reviews
- Overall score & manager comments
- Searchable library and self-registration
- Compliance and training courses ranging from technical to soft skills
- Ability to create your own courses
- Reporting and insights dashboard
- Mobile learning on the go
- Content Providers such as CyberU, Cegos, and Skillsoft
PiiQ also offers a service and support team that aims to help businesses optimize use of the products and enable success. Support ranges from immediate telephone support to full consulting packages – companies have the choice in how much they need.
PiiQ by Cornerstone Screenshots
PiiQ by Cornerstone Videos (3)
PiiQ by Cornerstone Downloadables
PiiQ by Cornerstone Integrations
PiiQ by Cornerstone Competitors
|PiiQ Performance 1-49 Users||$8.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 1-49 Users||$10.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 50-99 Users||$7.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 100-249 Users||$6.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance 250+ Users||Custom|
|PiiQ Learning 1-49 Users||$4.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 50-99 Users||$3.50||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 100-249 Users||$3.00||per user per month|
|PiiQ Learning 250+ Users||Custom|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 50-99 Users||$8.75||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 100-249 Users||$7.50||per user per month|
|PiiQ Performance & Learning 250+ Users||Custom|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||69%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PiiQ by Cornerstone Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland|
|Supported Languages: ||English|