Coursera

Coursera... the best option!

November 30, 2019

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Coursera, and make your voice heard!

Team

$400

Per User Per Year

Enterprise

Contact Sales

What is Coursera?

Coursera is a learning management platform from the company of the same name in Mountain View, California.

Coursera Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Coursera are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Coursera enables my institution to provide courses from well-known information technology companies such as Google and IBM, which are involved in information technology. Students who complete Coursera courses will get a certificate from the vendor and academic credit.
Karl-Heinz Meister | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having worked for many decades within different areas of the automotive industry, I have a lot of general knowledge, and experience and did my MBA beside working as a senior manager. However, this is a decade ago and In my new role, I am facing different projects. I use Coursera to bring me up to speed with new technology and use it as well for benchmarking when preparing Gap analyses, finding the best tools for project management and so on.
Coursera is used in many cases to offer free courses to peak the curiosity of potential students. We also use it to reach a large pool of international learners who would not normally have access to our content. It is also an excellent tool for allowing staff in other divisions free access to course content from other divisions serving as an excellent professional development tool.
Coursera offers courses from the professors of the world's best universities like Stanford University. It also offers professional as well as non-professional courses. Specializations in different fields are also available on Coursera like cyber security, machine learning, etc. It has solved employees' competency-related issues because now people can take classes from the best instructors in the industry as well as professors from the best universities.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
For more than 5 years, as in every organization where I held managerial/leadership positions, I have implemented employee training by developing a training plan for them in Coursera. I consider this resource the best on the market precisely because of the quality of the content that is there. Certificates, obtained on the Coursera, are not in vain valued by many companies - they are hard to get, but the person who receives such a certificate has decent knowledge.
Piyush Mittal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Coursera has almost all the courses that a student or working professional needs to grow. I have purchased many courses for me and my team in budget price. It has collaboration with multiple international universities to solve competency-related issues. It also provides many courses for free. We can also pay in multiple EMI.
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Coursera to to keep some of our organization members up to date. We sometimes let them choose which courses they want to take (of course... it should always be related to what they do in our organization), and sometimes we choose what we think is important to learn or to be up to date. This helps to make our workers happier, because they learn, they feel they are learning new things, and of course... it adds more value to our workers, which means it adds more value to our company.
I have been using Coursera at least five years now. It is a great platform for self improvement. I had all kinds of courses on it from different universities. The quality of courses is great. I have recommended a lot of my friends to use it. It is very recommendable.
Rei Shinozuka, CFA®, FRM® | TrustRadius Reviewer
I recommend Coursera individually to employees as a very time-effective way to immerse oneself into disciplines such as data science or programming languages. It is far more effective than a 3-day workshop. The reason is because the student must invest far more time into the course, with programming assignments and projects. For the courses I'd taken, I'd estimate for an 8-week course something on the order of 40-60 hours of work.
April 06, 2018

Expand your Horizons!

Donovon Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
At this point I am using Coursera personally to gain insight into different facets of my job, and different job types that I interact with. Because DevOps is a fairly broad field, I feel there is always a possibility to gain more insight into the roles of my colleagues either on the Dev side or on the Ops side. I feel this makes me a more relatable asset and a better go-between for some of the more heads down assets in the company.
Andrew Starodubtsev | TrustRadius Reviewer
Coursera is one of my top primary sources for online education where I attend classes in Computer Science, math and related disciplines, provided by the best educators from leading universities. I personally consider learning Coursera as a preparatory step for post-graduating to a university and receiving a bachelor's degree rather than getting a job.
Ilia Tarasov | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have taken courses like, "Introduction with MATLAB" for educational reasoning. I was able to learn a lot with the videos the course offers and the homework challenge my critical thinking skills. Cousera also has courses which require payment. But it's definitely affordable and worth [more] than paying over $1000 for a course in college.
Nic Klopper | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a chartered accountant who started working for a GIS software development/business intelligence company. I have used Coursera to get up to speed with basic concepts of data science and software development in order to better understand the industry in which we operate. I have also done interesting courses for my hobby as musician.

Beyond using Coursera only for my personal development, I have recommended my staff to register for themselves, and have even made it obligatory for junior interns to spend an hour per day on Coursera on courses that I recommend, for them to learn essential life and business skills.