Coursera Reviews

November 30, 2019
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Coursera to to keep some of our organization members up to date. We sometimes let them choose which courses they want to take (of course... it should always be related to what they do in our organization), and sometimes we choose what we think is important to learn or to be up to date.
This helps to make our workers happier, because they learn, they feel they are learning new things, and of course... it adds more value to our workers, which means it adds more value to our company.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA's full review
July 08, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using Coursera at least five years now. It is a great platform for self improvement. I had all kinds of courses on it from different universities. The quality of courses is great. I have recommended a lot of my friends to use it. It is very recommendable.
December 06, 2018
Rei Shinozuka, CFA®, FRM® | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I recommend Coursera individually to employees as a very time-effective way to immerse oneself into disciplines such as data science or programming languages. It is far more effective than a 3-day workshop. The reason is because the student must invest far more time into the course, with programming assignments and projects. For the courses I'd taken, I'd estimate for an 8-week course something on the order of 40-60 hours of work.
Read Rei Shinozuka, CFA®, FRM®'s full review
April 06, 2018
Donovon Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

At this point I am using Coursera personally to gain insight into different facets of my job, and different job types that I interact with. Because DevOps is a fairly broad field, I feel there is always a possibility to gain more insight into the roles of my colleagues either on the Dev side or on the Ops side. I feel this makes me a more relatable asset and a better go-between for some of the more heads down assets in the company.
Read Donovon Carter's full review
January 16, 2018
Ilia Tarasov | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have taken courses like, "Introduction with MATLAB" for educational reasoning. I was able to learn a lot with the videos the course offers and the homework challenge my critical thinking skills. Cousera also has courses which require payment. But it's definitely affordable and worth [more] than paying over $1000 for a course in college.
Read Ilia Tarasov's full review
January 31, 2018
Andrew Starodubtsev | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Coursera is one of my top primary sources for online education where I attend classes in Computer Science, math and related disciplines, provided by the best educators from leading universities. I personally consider learning Coursera as a preparatory step for post-graduating to a university and receiving a bachelor's degree rather than getting a job.
Read Andrew Starodubtsev's full review
November 08, 2016
Nic Klopper | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a chartered accountant who started working for a GIS software development/business intelligence company. I have used Coursera to get up to speed with basic concepts of data science and software development in order to better understand the industry in which we operate. I have also done interesting courses for my hobby as musician.

Beyond using Coursera only for my personal development, I have recommended my staff to register for themselves, and have even made it obligatory for junior interns to spend an hour per day on Coursera on courses that I recommend, for them to learn essential life and business skills.
Read Nic Klopper's full review
October 10, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Courseera is not used officially by our organization. Its not like we have a contract with them. But me and my colleagues have taken courses from there. I have taken courses from it when I was a student also

What is Coursera?

Coursera is a learning management platform from the company of the same name in Mountain View, California.