Score 8.7 out of 10

What is cPanel?

cPanel headquartered in Houston provides website hosting providers with workload and server automation, as well as a management console for creating and launching websites, managing email and web files, and other administrative tasks.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of cPanel, and make your voice heard!

cPanel Solo

per month for 1 account

Admin

per month up to 5 accounts

Pro

per month up to 30 accounts

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://cpanel.net/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $15.99 per month

What is cPanel?

cPanel Competitors

cPanel Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsAlmaLinux OS, Ubunto, CentOS, CloudLinux

cPanel starts at $15.99.

Plesk are common alternatives for cPanel.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

The most common users of cPanel are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Josh Collier, Website Designer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I host customer sites as well as my own sites with a VPS that uses cPanel. I have many instances of cPanel accounts on my server. I use actually WHM which has the ability to run individual cPanel accounts. I am able to make resellers and able to issue SSLs and really have full control over my litespeed hosting server. I can quickly make a new account for a new customer and then am able to deal with new instances of WordPress, emails, DNS, databases, and many other things.
April 02, 2021

Web Hosters Relax!

Matthew Ingram | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use cPanel to host websites and email for ourselves and our customers. We also use it for relaying email from various services and hardware that we monitor. It provides a nice central location to manage these types of things. We probably do not use it on the scale that a full blown website hosting company would.
I have been using cPanel to manage web pages and emails. cPanel has allowed me to have a single point of administration for the many of the tasks I'm responsible for. Our organization used to host and maintain our brochure sites which was very tedious. cPanel has made the administration of our brochure sites simpler.
cPanel is being used by our Technology team to maintain and provide services to websites. It has a user interface that makes us do administrative tasks faster and easier. It even enables non-tech users to make simpler tasks like creating FTP users, MySQL databases, backups, and more.
September 22, 2020

My cPanel Review

Ryan Connolly | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a web development company, we regularly use cPanel when supporting new client websites. cPanel has been used by all members of my team. cPanel does not really address any problems we have as generally, we can achieve most tasks quicker and more efficiently through straight SSH and/or other tools.
David Faustina | TrustRadius Reviewer
With over 180 domains in my portfolio, I use cPanel to manage websites, domain landing and emails for each domain. The option to use cPanel is not available with all hosting providers, and since I prefer it to other platforms, it makes selecting a host all the more important. cPanel is a great solution for hosting WordPress and the one-click install is an easy way to get online fast.

For managing multiple sites this is a great solution that offers a robust set of features all needed to make your web presence effective to your bottom line.
Jim Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use cPanel to manage the backbone infrastructure that keeps our network of 1500+ Tripawds Member Blogs online and performing smoothly. With dedicated server hosting for Tripawds and our various other websites, cPanel is a must have for managing file hierarchy, database functionality, domain management, email deliverability, and so much more.
January 31, 2020

Reliable and easy to use

We use cPanel and WHM for all web hosting solutions provided to customers, with some customers having direct access whilst others just have us (MSP) deal with changes as required.
cPanel is being used by my coaching and training company to manage hosting services for our Joomla websites. Using cPanel makes it easy to make changes to the hosting services, such as updating database files and php versions, without having to know code. We also use cPanel to install, create and publish content management systems such as Joomla and Mautic.
January 17, 2020

Easy to use and support

We use cPanel as a web hosting control panel. We offer it to our clients to help manage their websites easier. I also personally use it to manage my own servers and clients' websites. It easily allows us to manage DNS and offer email with hosting in a single easy to manage solution.
.Kim Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use cPanel as the web hosting interface to our end users' web hosting accounts. cPanel works nativity with WHM (Web Host Manager) to organize and manage our customers' cPanel accounts. cPanel organizes all of its main functions on one main screen grouped together with icons, so the user can easily find the function that they are looking for. Simply scroll down the page to the grouped category of functions that you want, then click on the appropriate icon. Everything else is pretty much self-explanatory on your screen.
Justin Roodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
cPanel is the software which allows us to manage the back end of our web server. cPanel is the de facto standard for a server interface/software for me any time I do almost any kind of server administration. There are many individual modules which allow me to quickly and productively do what I need to do. cPanel allows you to administrate databases, FTP users, manage your files, admin your domains, and more.
Fedor Paretsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used cPanel in the earlier stages of our company for centralizing basic web admin tools before we migrated to G Suite and serverless services. cPanel allowed us to manage files locally, set up Apache configurations, monitor emails, and local databases, as well as manage domains and certificates for websites. In the end, we switched to G Suite for the hosted services, DigitalOcean for our domain management, and Certbot/Python/Nginx for our certificates and security.