Cradlepoint NetCloud (formerly Pertino) Reviews

March 08, 2020
Anthony Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cradlepoint NetCloud to provide software-defined, secure network access and firewall transversal services for diagnostic telemedicine systems. Within our own company and across the clients we serve, Cradlepoint NetCloud is our go-to platform combining SD-WAN and fault-tolerant Smart WAN management into a single, centralized pane of glass. It is our de facto standard for virtualized network applications.
  • Standardization of solution delivery and client management (SD-WAN, Failover, Management, 4G LTE/WIFI as WAN/Ethernet, access control).
  • NetCloud Manger provides simple deployment, maintenance, configuration, provisioning, and user/virtual network management in one tool.
  • Equipment is highly robust, reliable, well supported, feature rich.
  • CradlePoint engineers are highly skilled and very helpful. Top-notch NOC support.
  • Good variety of solutions for customers of most sizes. From individual to small enterprise, there is a "right-sized" product available with all the high-end features you need, at prices suitable for the audience. Even the smallest and least-expensive routers pack almost all of the enterprise features.
  • Cradlepoint NetCloud virtual backplane bandwidth is improving but could limit some very large enterprise customers without creative network segmentation.
  • Further improvements to simplify NetCloud Manager use would be appreciated.
  • User license management and compliance tools need to be clarified and simplified.
The platform and product selection as a whole covers a lot of range. The pricing is low enough and the levels granular enough that even customers that only need the use of a few features of the product can buy into the ecosystem with reasonable investment and grow with confidence without having paid too much. One thing that this enterprise company gets is this:
Many small companies need enterprise-class features but don't have the user count to justify purchasing enterprise-class solutions. It is not that they don't need advanced features, it's just that enterprise vendors assume that small companies only have basic needs. It is not true, but you can't buy a solution that is only sold in hundreds of seats if you have 25 users in your company.

Cradlepoint NetCloud does a good job of getting this right. You can buy a single seat or hundreds of seats, and the price is truly commensurate with your seat count. Everyone gets the enterprise features, you only pay for the seats you need.
Every time I have engaged support, it has been a satisfying experience. Because they cover such a wide range of applications, I do have to spend more time explaining our intended results and rationale than I would have to do with a more focused vendor, but it's a minor tradeoff for the value of saved time in every other aspect of the solution.
Read Anthony Stanley's full review
March 16, 2017
Travis Ellis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Cradlepoint's NetCloud product since before they acquired it from Pertino. It is one of my favorite tools. NetCloud is basically a set it and forget it always on VPN connection. One of the main challenges I had supporting my off-site users was troubleshooting their VPN connections which usually ended up being some kind of user error. Ever since I switched to the NetCloud product I haven't had to troubleshoot my off-site connections very often and if I do I can quickly narrow it down to a network issue at their site. I honestly can't remember a time that the issue was VPN based since I switched.
  • Support: They are always quick to respond.
  • The NetCloud service: It has never gone down in the four + years I have been using it.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
  • The portal is a little bit confusing.
If you need to use a VPN connection for your office I can think of no better tool for the job. Once you set it up it is so easy to use that you will forget that you have it. If you don't need VPN then you would have no need of the product.
Read Travis Ellis's full review

Cradlepoint NetCloud (formerly Pertino) Scorecard Summary

What is Cradlepoint NetCloud (formerly Pertino)?

Cradlepoint in Boise offers the all-inclusive NetCloud Solution Packages for branch, mobile, and IoT networks combine tailored NetCloud services with fit-for-purpose hardware and a comprehensive support plan. NetCloud Solution Packages are cloud-managed and deployable anywhere in days, not months. Cradlepoint acquired the NetCloud technology with original developer Pertino in December 2015, and integrated the platform into their own services by early 2016.

Cradlepoint NetCloud (formerly Pertino) Technical Details