Affordable and Reliable Failover Cellular Hardware, with a huge ROI and peace of mind.We use Cradlepoint cellular routers as part of our failover systems. In Chicago, the weather is a big factor when it comes to uptime. No matter the internet carrier, we see quite a bit of outages for all of our locations across the Chicagoland area. We decided to go with a cellular failover so that our backup was not dependent on physical lines, and it has paid off. We now have a reliable wireless failover that covers all of our needs.,The device is a nice compact unit, with great reception in all areas of Chicago. Set up and configuration was very easy. The Netcloud Management portal service is a must! It allows me to manage all of our Cradelpoint from a management console.,My only complaint is that when we got the device, it was not really clear what gateway address we needed to use. It took some time to figure this out initially, but after getting in touch with Cradlepoint support, we had what we needed to fully deploy all locations. Dual power supply and network ports would be nice so that we can tie into redundancy systems.,10,We needed a second internet carrier, and this device provided it without the heavy cost. You pay a small monthly fee, and whatever data you use. On average, this solution costs us $750.00 per year, compared to the monthly cost of a carrier like Comcast which ranges from $250-350 per month, which could add up to $4,200 per year for standby that may never get used. Turnaround time for deployment was a couple of hours. Net cloud management portal gives you centralized access to all of your devices for managing. The additional network LAN port is available so that you can add the device to your network monitor, such as solar winds.,,SonicWall TZ, Ubiquiti Networks UniFi, HPE Aruba Ethernet SwitchesCradlepoint's NetCloud makes VPN as easy as it can get.I have been using Cradlepoint's NetCloud product since before they acquired it from Pertino. It is one of my favorite tools. NetCloud is basically a set it and forget it always on VPN connection. One of the main challenges I had supporting my off-site users was troubleshooting their VPN connections which usually ended up being some kind of user error. Ever since I switched to the NetCloud product I haven't had to troubleshoot my off-site connections very often and if I do I can quickly narrow it down to a network issue at their site. I honestly can't remember a time that the issue was VPN based since I switched.,Support: They are always quick to respond. The NetCloud service: It has never gone down in the four + years I have been using it. Pricing is very competitive.,The portal is a little bit confusing.,10,It has freed me up to do more productive things instead of troubleshooting the VPN. It has made my employees happier because they have less frustrations working from home or on the road.,,Remote Desktop Manager, Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
Cradlepoint

Cradlepoint Reviews

Cradlepoint
Filter 2 vetted Cradlepoint reviews and ratings

Jeff Allen profile photo
January 29, 2019

Cradlepoint Review: "Affordable and Reliable Failover Cellular Hardware, with a huge ROI and peace of mind."

• The device is a nice compact unit, with great reception in all areas of Chicago.
  • Set up and configuration was very easy.
  • The Netcloud Management portal service is a must! It allows me to manage all of our Cradelpoint from a management console.
  • My only complaint is that when we got the device, it was not really clear what gateway address we needed to use. It took some time to figure this out initially, but after getting in touch with Cradlepoint support, we had what we needed to fully deploy all locations.
  • Dual power supply and network ports would be nice so that we can tie into redundancy systems.
Not to sell Cradlepoint short, but the device we use is a router. No different than any other router, except with a cellular WAN. The device was easy to deploy, reliable, and backed by a great support team. I recommend this as part of ISP fail-over planning. Plus, Cellular is cheap. Cost per location is $50 per month for Verizon service that gets used four-five days of the year.
Read Jeff Allen's full review
Travis Ellis profile photo
March 16, 2017

Review: "Cradlepoint's NetCloud makes VPN as easy as it can get."

• Support: They are always quick to respond.
  • The NetCloud service: It has never gone down in the four + years I have been using it.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
  • The portal is a little bit confusing.
If you need to use a VPN connection for your office I can think of no better tool for the job. Once you set it up it is so easy to use that you will forget that you have it. If you don't need VPN then you would have no need of the product.
Read Travis Ellis's full review