Creately

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Creately, and make your voice heard!

Creately Online Personal

Creately Team 5

$40

per month

• $6.95 per userOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://creately.com/plans

What is Creately?

Creately is presented as a visual workspace for brainstorming, planning, executing, and analyzing around projects. An "infinite canvas" supporting diagramming and drawing along with real-time collaboration, enabling teams to centralize documents, resources, tasks, and communication, creating a single source of truth for effective decision-making and increased productivity.

More specifically it features:
  • Specialized shapes for 70 diagram types and an extensible library helps you visualize virtually anything.
  • Drawing shortcuts so users can create shapes and connectors in a single interaction.
  • Apply formatting and other changes with the toolbar.
  • Predefined styles, themes and formatting options.

Creately supports marketing use cases by enabling users to plan all marketing activities and brainstorm ideas, and keep track of campaign deliverables, and note dependencies on the canvas, or use Creately as a hub for a creative workshop, or create a shared workspace to interact better with sponsors, partners, and stakeholders.

For product development, users can create a release plan, capture actionable feedback and ideas, and prioritize features, as well as plan and outline product launch initiatives and coordinate cross-functional team effort. The user can also map personas and journey maps to communicate insights across the design and development teams. For IT projects, Creately enables users to isualize a project charter, identify task dependencies, allocate resources, and track milestone progress, as well as communicate progress to stakeholders.

Creately also suggests educational use cases, such as tracking student progress and homework in real-time and providing immediate feedback where needed. Users can shared a central repository of resources, and facilitate different types of learning activities through collaboration, mind mapping, brainstorming, and discussions.

These use cases are in addition to general business use cases, such as org charts, mind maps of various kinds, Gantt charts, flowcharts, wireframing, BPM, or SWOT analysis.

Creately is available on a free plan, supporting up to 3 document and a limited usage (60) of elements, and community support. Tiers of paid service provide upgrades to premium support, advanced collaboration features, and unlisted use of elements, as well as unlimited product documents and folders.

Creately is a product from Cinergix, a company founded in 2008 and headquartered in Melbourne. They boast a number of high profile users of Creately, including users at Amazon, Siemens, Deloitte, Orange, Huawei, and eBay, among others.

Creately Features

• Supported: 1-click create and connect for faster diagramming
  • Supported: Smart objects that automatically adjust to context
  • Supported: Real-time collaboration to work as teams
  • Supported: Desktop version to work offline
  • Supported: Convert projects to libraries to reuse diagrams
  • Supported: Creately viewer to embed large diagrams

Creately Screenshots

Creating a flowchart in CreatelyMind map creating using CreatelyOrg chart creating using CreatelyAWS network diagram creating using Creately

Creately Video

Creately helps you draw more than 40+ types of diagrams. It’s an online diagramming and collaboration tool that also has a desktop version for offline diagramming. Easy-to-use features, intuitive interface and more than 1000s of professionally designed started templates let yo...

Creately Integrations

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, German, French

What is Creately?

Creately aims to provide powerful diagramming features at a very affordable price. The product boasts an intuitive interface so users can quickly and easily come up with professional diagrams. Users can draw flowcharts, organizational charts, wire-frames, SWOT diagrams, Venn diagrams, network diagrams and many other diagrams using Creately.

What is Creately's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 5.6.

Who uses Creately?

The most common users of Creately are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We mostly use Creately for org chart management within our company, but we do also use it for other purposes as well. I've even made our company contact list using it's flowchart features.
  • The flexibility of use when it comes to design.
  • Option for collaboration with users who do not have paid accounts.
  • The transition Creately made this year to their new non-Flash platform seems to almost function like a beta release in some instances.
  • Customer support sometimes takes a while to return and the responses are not always the best or most helpful. Follow up isn't great, either.
Very good online option for flowcharts and other purposes; can be quite cost-effective, too, depending on how you use it.
It definitely could be better, but it may also depend on the type of license you are subscribing to.
Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Creately allows me to create amazing looking project and business documentation. Creately provides templates for a number of different types of documents, including database diagrams, flowcharts, org charts, mind maps, and much more. I started using Creately for my own side consulting business, which has been great. I love the color options—it hits that part of my brain that thinks I'm a designer! It just looks good.
  • Creately provides the same experience that other similar tools (i.e. Visio) provides, but presents it in a much more colorful, unique manner. The colors are vibrant, and my clients have always been impressed with the quality and feel.
  • Creately provides a lot of creative control over how your images look. I can play with the opacity and color scheme, or use what they already provide.
  • Creately also allows me to create wireframes for clients to review, whether desktop or mobile. I can create simple, easy to understand frames and concepts in minutes - they're super professional looking and ready to share.
  • I like the pricing model. Right now I can pay month-to-month, or pay a one-time fee for a year. It's also less expensive than Visio, which is very nice.
  • I wish the free version had more than a five-document limit. It gave me enough to get into the app and start using it, but those five documents go quick. But it's not expensive, so you don't feel bad spending five dollars a month to continue using it.
  • The templates are good, but I think everyone customizes their own templates once they've been using Creately for a bit. And there's many that I would never use, but that's just due to my role as a business analyst. For example, I'm never going to use the ER Diagram under Engineering.
I love Creately. I'd use it exclusively if it wasn't for Visio (we have an enterprise license at work). But for my own consulting needs, Creately is amazing. I'll use Creately, and then do a screenshot of my process flow to add into my project documentation, such as a business case, and it gets a lot of compliments. My colleges have asked me how I get Visio to produce these as if I have some secret Visio tips and tricks they don't know about. But to the business, they don't get into the nit-picky bits and pieces of the process. They just want to see the diagram.
I haven't used Creately's support. I don't know what to rate this to be honest. If there was an "N/A," I'd use that. I like products where I don't have to do a lot of research or studying to learn how to use the software. Creately allows me to jump in and go.