Creately Reviews

November 18, 2019
Mike Eisenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We mostly use Creately for org chart management within our company, but we do also use it for other purposes as well. I've even made our company contact list using it's flowchart features.
  • The flexibility of use when it comes to design.
  • Option for collaboration with users who do not have paid accounts.
  • The transition Creately made this year to their new non-Flash platform seems to almost function like a beta release in some instances.
  • Customer support sometimes takes a while to return and the responses are not always the best or most helpful. Follow up isn't great, either.
Very good online option for flowcharts and other purposes; can be quite cost-effective, too, depending on how you use it.
It definitely could be better, but it may also depend on the type of license you are subscribing to.
Read Mike Eisenberg's full review
October 04, 2019
Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Creately allows me to create amazing looking project and business documentation. Creately provides templates for a number of different types of documents, including database diagrams, flowcharts, org charts, mind maps, and much more. I started using Creately for my own side consulting business, which has been great. I love the color options—it hits that part of my brain that thinks I'm a designer! It just looks good.
  • Creately provides the same experience that other similar tools (i.e. Visio) provides, but presents it in a much more colorful, unique manner. The colors are vibrant, and my clients have always been impressed with the quality and feel.
  • Creately provides a lot of creative control over how your images look. I can play with the opacity and color scheme, or use what they already provide.
  • Creately also allows me to create wireframes for clients to review, whether desktop or mobile. I can create simple, easy to understand frames and concepts in minutes - they're super professional looking and ready to share.
  • I like the pricing model. Right now I can pay month-to-month, or pay a one-time fee for a year. It's also less expensive than Visio, which is very nice.
  • I wish the free version had more than a five-document limit. It gave me enough to get into the app and start using it, but those five documents go quick. But it's not expensive, so you don't feel bad spending five dollars a month to continue using it.
  • The templates are good, but I think everyone customizes their own templates once they've been using Creately for a bit. And there's many that I would never use, but that's just due to my role as a business analyst. For example, I'm never going to use the ER Diagram under Engineering.
I love Creately. I'd use it exclusively if it wasn't for Visio (we have an enterprise license at work). But for my own consulting needs, Creately is amazing. I'll use Creately, and then do a screenshot of my process flow to add into my project documentation, such as a business case, and it gets a lot of compliments. My colleges have asked me how I get Visio to produce these as if I have some secret Visio tips and tricks they don't know about. But to the business, they don't get into the nit-picky bits and pieces of the process. They just want to see the diagram.
I haven't used Creately's support. I don't know what to rate this to be honest. If there was an "N/A," I'd use that. I like products where I don't have to do a lot of research or studying to learn how to use the software. Creately allows me to jump in and go.
Read Richard Crane's full review

What is Creately?

Creately aims to provide powerful diagramming features at a very affordable price.

The product boasts an intuitive interface so users can quickly and easily come up with professional diagrams. Users can draw flowcharts, organizational charts, wire-frames, SWOT diagrams, Venn diagrams, network diagrams and many other diagrams using Creately.