Score 7.1 out of 10

What is Critical Mention?

Critical Mention headquartered in New York offers their eponymous media monitoring platform for public relations and crisis management.

Fair and good

October 13, 2021
This is a very good app to increase and track your engagement on social media influencer marketing and brand but I would like if they can …

Worth the ROI

July 18, 2018
We use Critical Mention to pull broadcast media coverage for our clients. It provides reporting metrics as well as an opportunity to …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Critical Mention, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee optional

24 people want pricing too

What is BuzzSumo?

BuzzSumo is an influencer marketing platform focused on influencer location, author reports, content analysis for locating trends, and domain comparisons, useful for competitor analysis. The analysis engine is intentioned to track and optimize content marketing efforts. BuzzSumo was acquired by…

What is Prezly?

Prezly is presented by the vendor as all-in-one public relations management tool that helps PR teams organise their workflow, collaborate and save time.Accessible through any browser, Prezly's key features are divided between three main areas:Contact managementFull PR CRM for managing your contacts…

Product Demos

Critical Mention Demo 2022
01:29

What is Critical Mention?

Critical Mention allows users to search global TV, Radio, Social Media & Online News, watch video, edit and internally share coverage, receive real-time email alerts, build reports, and analyze coverage through word clouds and graphs.

In contrast to traditional broadcast monitoring services, Critical Mention employs technology to monitor broadcast television in real-time. Using Critical Mention's search platform, customers can view their broadcast clips and transcripts within seconds of airing.

The Critical Mention search platform deploys technology that continuously digitizes transcripts and live broadcast footage, in real-time, and indexes and stores each in the Critical Mention media database. Users are able to perform keyword searches against the database (a company name, product, person, topic, etc.) and have their results of their keyword mention instantly displayed within the platform. Users can then watch the video, read the transcript, forward the clip on to colleagues, order the clip to an archive, or a host of other tasks designed for users to effectively communicate and share their broadcast mentions. Learn more at https://www.criticalmention.com/

Critical Mention Video

Track your earned media coverage with the fastest all-in-one media monitoring service available. Broadcast Media Monitoring Online News Tracking Social Media Monitoring Licensed Content

Critical Mention Technical Details

TVEyes, Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, and Cision Communications Cloud are common alternatives for Critical Mention.

The most common users of Critical Mention are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Cara Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We selected Critical Mention and are trapped in a contract with them we can't use. We ended up having to go with another software that does what we need. Grateful that the other company allowed a trial period to ensure that it did have the components we needed. At a substantially better price too.
October 13, 2021

Fair and good

Michael Muyembe | TrustRadius Reviewer
It provides both free and premium and you can also add a portfolio, other media links, and website. It also verifies its members like popular apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram [do]. It increases your visibility on google search for free like I use it.
Critical Mention has an excellent TV coverage solution in the marketing or communication industry. More so, helps us identify or see the comments in most of the social sites mentions, and gives the allowance of positively responding to them. The integration with Google, for the purpose of analysis, is another unique aspect of Critical Mention.
TV Eyes seems to be the biggest competitor to Critical Mention, but we've found that it's just not quite as intuitive or simple to track specific media hits. We keep going back to Critical Mention year after year because it does the job we need it to do to track broadcast TV hits.
Tom McGuire | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am not one to bash a competition product, but I have used several other similar products from different vendors. It has mostly been a disaster. Poor customer service to poor software interface has led me to Critical Mention. It's the first time I have ever stayed with a product beyond one year. One company only ever reached out to me when it was time for a renewal despite repeated reach-outs on my part during the year.
I initially selected Critical Mention because of it's DIY, quick, easy, and intuitive monitoring platform which tracks the most TV outlets in the industry. I stay with Critical Mention because of its customer service.
We previously used a company called TV Eyes for our media monitoring. When a big event happened and their system was down, we were very disappointed. The disappointment was compounded by their reaction and customer service. They never offered to help fix it or offered an apology. I'm sure Critical Mention would respond much better, based on the customers service that I have witnessed.
Jerry Kambic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both Cision and Meltwater are over price and undervalued in our opinion. They both cost more and provide less. If Critical Mention makes a few changes to their software and expands its online offer and social media tracking both of these software companies would be obsolete. Their report is far inferior to Critical Mention for the price.
Keith Wald | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • TVeye
I honestly do not know of any other alternatives to Critical Mention that I have personally used in a professional capacity. The only one that I am aware of is TYeye and from what I have heard about the platform from colleagues is that Critical Mention is a much better and user-friendly system.
Burrelles is confusing and outdated. Critical Mention works on the side of the account team and understands our needs better. I was able to share hundreds of outlets that I wanted to be included in my online search and Critical Mention added all of them in less than a day I was seeing better results in my searches. The possibilities with Burrelles seem limited while Critical Mention's online monitoring service really lets me craft reports the way I want to.
July 25, 2014

Allison Lehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • VMS
Before Critical Mention, I utilized VMS for similar projects and there is simply no comparison between the two platforms. While VMS reported similar results, it did not include the same post-production features as Critical Mention and the lack of self-service functionality was detrimental to workflow management. Critical Mention provides the necessary tools for users to master the program themselves, with assistance always available in person, via email, through their live-chat feature or over the phone, from an experienced team of customer service professionals. Critical Mention also provides additional tools for management, analysis and reporting that I have not experienced with any other vendors.