Critical Mention

Critical Mention Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Tom McGuire | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Critical Mention to monitor the media mentions of our university across TV, radio, print, and social media. It is vital that we keep track of our mentions and react to any negative items. I get alerts sent to me three times each day, and also have an immediate alert set up when our university president is managed. I can also set up to review other schools to see what they are being mentioned for in the news.
Critical Mention is the program we significantly use to monitor our brand's presence in various social sites, and the way we are fairing. This tool is our marketing guide, but we also use it to obtain the reports from most of the interactive sites and platforms including televisions. Critical Mention ensures we do not spend a lot of time, as it offers coverage to us, with minimal engagement or work on our end.
October 13, 2021

Fair and good

Michael Muyembe | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is a very good app to increase and track your engagement on social media influencer marketing and brand but I would like if they can add free pricing. However, it is one of the best apps ever.
Critical Mention is used to monitor our social media presence across multiple platforms. It is used primarily in marketing, but other areas also request reports as needed. It saves us time and provides more thorough coverage of our mentions with less work on our part. It is user and budget friendly, so it meets our needs.
We use it to monitor earned media hits on broadcast Television, both national and local. Having used other broadcast tracking services, Critical Mention is both the most user-friendly and most effective service at monitoring and tracking ad equivalency & viewership. Our entire agency depends on it to track media broadcast hits. It's also super easy to go to / track specific dates & times when clients are on various shows.
Our organization uses Critical Mention to monitor for coverage on client announcements and interviews we schedule. We mostly use it for radio and television coverage, but some also use it for online coverage too. It helps us keep track of the great work we are doing for clients and share them with the client for internal use.
Jerry Kambic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Critical Mention for a variety of companies we work with to answer the question, how far is their message traveling and to where. I worked previously for a very large state government and we used it across the entire organization which included 26 departments and thousands of employees. Now I use it for my own company and our partners and it works well for both applications.
Keith Wald | TrustRadius Reviewer
At our agency Critical Mention is used specifically for locating broadcast coverage that we normally wouldn't be able to view on our own. This includes broadcast from multiple local and national outlets so that we can share with our clients those segments that may concern them. The Critical Mention service is used across our entire agency as a way to find clips.
Our marketing department uses Critical Mention for media monitoring. It helps us to keep a pulse on our reputation and any mentions in the news. We also use it to compile reports for our Board of Governors to show our earned media. It allows us to search and track and then download video clips to share with other staff or our Board.
January 20, 2016

Not your mother's DVR

Meagen Hagans | TrustRadius Reviewer
While working with a major network, we used Critical Mention to pull clips of client interviews and features on national morning shows, talk shows, and special news programs. It allows us to store and edit clips to our liking to present to our executives as a reflection of our media relations efforts. The thing I loved about it the most was that you can create alerts based on keywords so avoid performing a search each day.
July 18, 2018

Worth the ROI

We use Critical Mention to pull broadcast media coverage for our clients. It provides reporting metrics as well as an opportunity to playback TV and radio interviews, which we cannot get elsewhere. The tool has added great value to our monthly reporting, better showing the reach of our work.
Critical Mention is used on a near daily basis for media monitoring. Critical Mention's monitoring, search, editing, and compiling functions are crucial to anyone in public relations. I am very pleased by the service and have used it in multiple different roles and different companies throughout my career. Definitely recommend to anyone in public relations.
Lyla Shaibi | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are a few teams that use Critical Mention across the whole organization. My team in particular uses the platform to provide relevant television and radio clips to our client and to measure the amount of this type of coverage on any given topic. The client will often have certain initiatives and issues it needs to monitor, measure the volume of, and be able to get a feel for the media's sentiment surrounding the initiative/issue.
July 25, 2014

Critical Mention

Allison Lehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Critical Mention to on both small and large scale projects to monitor, manage and analyze airings of specific interviews conducted both live and to tape as well as for general coverage of specific topics on tv, radio and online media outlets all over the world. This unique platform provides users with essential information, including audience numbers, air dates and times, ad values etc. Critical Mention also allows users to edit video, assign tags and metadata and analyze coverage through features like word clouds and graphs. These features and more have made Critical Mention an invaluable asset when it comes to managing workflow as well as creating and customizing reports to optimally communicate key performance indicators to various clients across all industries.
Jessica Washington | TrustRadius Reviewer
One of my jobs is to keep track of and document coverage of all coverage (broadcast, online, print, social media) released about the National Guard Youth Foundation and any of the 35 National Guard Youth ChalleNGe programs across the country. Before we decided to purchase Critical Mention, I would rely on Google Alerts and manually create a news clip for each time a program or the Foundation was covered. This was tedious and too time-consuming. Critical Mention has truly facilitated the process for me - I am able to easily create reports, and all of the stores are in one place. Not only does Critical mention save time - it gives us space online to save our news coverage so we're not loading up our shared drive with news clips.
We specifically use Critical Mention for our account team. 3-4 people on the team work for one account that uses the service. I am the sole user of the service and use it to monitor client and competitor news on a quarterly basis. It helps our account address the sentiment and quality of mentions to our client on a month-over-month basis and we are able to notice trends or better identify reasoning for negative news coverage with the support of this service.
Critical Mention was a tool that I had used at my previous job where I coordinated a lot of media spots for TV. Most times the TV stations would run the segment or various versions of the segment during the morning, afternoon and evening news programming. Critical Mention allowed my team and I to capture every piece of footage that was not posted to the internet and then allowed us to purchase all of the segments for our client to keep on file. This tool was available for my entire company to use, but my team of about 4-5 people used it the most.
Critical Mention is solely used by our research department. It's primarily used to capture interviews and television segments for analysis and archival purposes. Our clients find it particularly useful.

What is Critical Mention?

Critical Mention allows users to search global TV, Radio, Social Media & Online News, watch video, edit and internally share coverage, receive real-time email alerts, build reports, and analyze coverage through word clouds and graphs.

In contrast to traditional broadcast monitoring services, Critical Mention employs technology to monitor broadcast television in real-time. Using Critical Mention's search platform, customers can view their broadcast clips and transcripts within seconds of airing.

The Critical Mention search platform deploys technology that continuously digitizes transcripts and live broadcast footage, in real-time, and indexes and stores each in the Critical Mention media database. Users are able to perform keyword searches against the database (a company name, product, person, topic, etc.) and have their results of their keyword mention instantly displayed within the platform. Users can then watch the video, read the transcript, forward the clip on to colleagues, order the clip to an archive, or a host of other tasks designed for users to effectively communicate and share their broadcast mentions. Learn more at https://www.criticalmention.com/

Critical Mention Competitors