Facilitates code reviews with some bloatCrucible is being used by my currentl client across their organization within development teams. Its primary use is for competing code reviews. My team uses it for this purpose within the test automation space, where it not only ensures that branches are following coding standards, but also that automated tests actually capture the validations that are intended.,Compares exact branch changes to the master branch Comment feature is excellent for enabling conversations about code Seamless integration with git,The frame for viewing code has a scrolling issue, where it jumps to the top when you scroll slightly outside of the window Code shows as updated with other users' contributions if changes in master are pulled into the branch currently under review There is a latency with commits being available to add,8,Has ensured consistent coding across the team Has facilitated discussions on refactors It can sometimes lead to frivolous comments if there is friction on a team,Gitlab and GitHub,IntelliJ WebStorm, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharmCrucible - A fantastic reviewing toolWe use Crucible for our initial code reviews that are done with each defect or feature that we work on. It is used primarily by our department. I am not sure if it is used by other departments or not. It facilitates the reviewing of your peers work.,It shows revisions very well. You can easily see what was changed on each commit. I like that you can see how much time someone has spent reviewing your code. Seeing a percentage of things reviewed is also very helpful.,It can sometimes be a bit slow to load. A server reboot for us tends to solve that issue. I'm not sure if it is a server issue, or maybe Crucible may have some caching issues. I wish that you could easily stop the review creation process, rather than abandoning it.,10,It has had a large ROI for our team, as it has helped us find issues sooner than we would have had we not reviewed things properly.,Stash and Bitbucket,Chrome Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, Concur Expense
Crucible

Crucible Reviews

Crucible
Filter 5 vetted Crucible reviews and ratings
January 16, 2018

Crucible: "Facilitates code reviews with some bloat"

• Compares exact branch changes to the master branch
  • Comment feature is excellent for enabling conversations about code
  • Seamless integration with git
  • The frame for viewing code has a scrolling issue, where it jumps to the top when you scroll slightly outside of the window
  • Code shows as updated with other users' contributions if changes in master are pulled into the branch currently under review
  • There is a latency with commits being available to add
Crucible is well suited for situations where development teams follow a branch-based merge process, where new features or automation stories are introduced. It allows more seasoned team members to check newer team members' code to ensure standards are followed. It is probably less appropriate for smaller development teams or smaller projects, where code reviews can be less formal.
February 28, 2018

"Crucible - A fantastic reviewing tool"

• It shows revisions very well. You can easily see what was changed on each commit.
  • I like that you can see how much time someone has spent reviewing your code.
  • Seeing a percentage of things reviewed is also very helpful.
  • It can sometimes be a bit slow to load. A server reboot for us tends to solve that issue. I'm not sure if it is a server issue, or maybe Crucible may have some caching issues.
  • I wish that you could easily stop the review creation process, rather than abandoning it.
If you are in a situation where you need to review one another's work, crucible is awesome for that. It especially does well at showing revisions.

Crucible Scorecard Summary

About Crucible

Atlasssian Crucible is a peer review tool for finding bugs and defects in version control tools Subversion, Git, Mercurial, CVS, and Perforce.