https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/hZ/u2/XTKSTAOD81J9.JPEGCrunching the data on CrunchbaseCrunchbase is used in two primary ways: prospecting leads and understanding market spaces by analyzing trends in different verticals or industries. I primarily use it for the latter of these two options (Zoom mainly for prospecting). I work in many industries and understanding where to focus my time is crucial for productivity.,Up to date continuous reporting on market trends UI is excellent Customer care,Data quality can always improve The more reports the better Automating report building would be nice (may be possible, I have yet to find it),9,Productivity is increased substantially Gives a better understanding of industry, improving customer calls Another tool to enhance prospecting, yielding more sales.,,Crunchbase reporting is by far one of the best systems I have ever seen...Salesforce is pretty solid as well. The quality of reporting really starts with the massive amount of data that Crunchbase manages each day. In regards to prospects or marketspace, I can pull data on basically anything imaginable. Just Imagine.,HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, OutreachCrunchbase to Crunch time!CrunchBase is currently being used by multiple Business Development Representatives across our Sales department. We use it to filter through and find net new accounts to a prospect based on various aspects of an organization.,Crunchbase does a great job at providing the most up to date information in regards to when a company recently received funding and approximately how much they got When determining acquisition information, CrunchBase is extremely accurate and provides the necessary details required (i.e. the name of the transaction, name of the organization being acquired/who they are being acquired by etc.) One of the coolest CrunchBase features is a list of trending profiles, based on page views - making it easier to see what companies might be worth prospecting as they are growing,I would like to see Crunchbase provide better packages for users who are not purchasing this for an entire department but on an individual user basis. I wish there were certain features included in the free version (i.e. "my searches" and "my list"),9,Crunchbase has made it easier to find valuable companies to prospect,ZoomInfo and EverString,I create reports based on specific drivers to better target net new accounts. These reports have exactly what I need to prospect, and I have the ability to go back and customize the report based on any further drivers I want to add.,InsideSales.com Predictive PowerDialer, ZoomInfo, SalesLoftFor occasional use when specific data is needed, Crunchbase is greatI work in our inside sales team and we focus on mostly startups and small firms. These companies are often involved in fundraising to get off the ground. Crunchbase is an excellent resource for news about recent funding activity. I also love that alerts will come not only to my email but to my mobile device.,Custom filters are a great way to follow companies, people or investors. Companies that are acquired can be filtered by the company name and or the name of the acquiring firm. There are many events by industry and geo and Crunchbase allows me to search by popular events that I follow. Crunchbase also offers the ability to save searches and to keep a list of companies that you're watching.,Honestly I don't have any constructive suggestions. I love the product as is, I wish the "my searches" and "my list" features were included in the free version.,10,I use the free version, and I don't use it heavily so the impact on my business is difficult to measure. This is one of many tools that I use in prospecting and researching leads or companies that I follow, and I would not want to be without it.,
Crunchbase

Crunchbase Reviews

Crunchbase

Filter 15 vetted Crunchbase reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
June 21, 2019

Crunching the data on Crunchbase

• Up to date continuous reporting on market trends
  • UI is excellent
  • Customer care
  • Data quality can always improve
  • The more reports the better
  • Automating report building would be nice (may be possible, I have yet to find it)
I think Crunchbase is one of the best tools I have for understanding market space and changes in the industry. For example I work in medical, A&D and electronics - three massive industries. Understanding which are trending towards or away from my product is key to understand where to spend the most time day over day.
September 13, 2018

Crunchbase to Crunch time!

• Crunchbase does a great job at providing the most up to date information in regards to when a company recently received funding and approximately how much they got
  • When determining acquisition information, CrunchBase is extremely accurate and provides the necessary details required (i.e. the name of the transaction, name of the organization being acquired/who they are being acquired by etc.)
  • One of the coolest CrunchBase features is a list of trending profiles, based on page views - making it easier to see what companies might be worth prospecting as they are growing
  • I would like to see Crunchbase provide better packages for users who are not purchasing this for an entire department but on an individual user basis.
  • I wish there were certain features included in the free version (i.e. "my searches" and "my list")
As my position is Business Development Representative, Crunchbase is a great tool for finding net new accounts to prospects based on recent funding, company size, headcount, revenue, recent acquisitions, etc.
★ Kevin Thomas ★ profile photo
May 25, 2018

For occasional use when specific data is needed, Crunchbase is great

• Custom filters are a great way to follow companies, people or investors.
  • Companies that are acquired can be filtered by the company name and or the name of the acquiring firm.
  • There are many events by industry and geo and Crunchbase allows me to search by popular events that I follow.
  • Crunchbase also offers the ability to save searches and to keep a list of companies that you're watching.
  • Honestly I don't have any constructive suggestions. I love the product as is, I wish the "my searches" and "my list" features were included in the free version.
My use of the product is pretty basic, as I'm looking for specific information on startups or perhaps different events. And what I find on Crunchbase has been very helpful.
Read ★ Kevin Thomas ★'s full review

Crunchbase Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (3)
Identification of new leads (3)
List quality (3)
List upload/download (3)
Ideal customer targeting (3)
Load time/data access (2)
Contact information (3)
Company information (3)
Industry information (3)
Lead qualification process (2)
Smart lists and recommendations (2)
Salesforce integration (1)
Company/business profiles (1)
Alerts and reminders (2)
Data hygiene (1)
Automatic data refresh (1)
Tags (1)
Filters and segmentation (2)
9.6
Sales email templates (1)
Append emails to records (1)

About Crunchbase

Crunchbase is an online a database of information about public and private companies, including news and investment data. Users can view company profiles and contribute data for free, or pay to use advanced search and monitoring features (Crunchbase Pro) and/or data enrichment capabilities (Crunchbase Enterprise).

Crunchbase Technical Details