Crunchbase Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Parker O'Very profile photo
We use Crunchbase as a data source for our account information in our CRM. We do not use the Enterprise version with a SFDC integration currently. I use Crunchbase to stay on top of major funding rounds for our key prospect accounts--this is a major buying signal that we track as part of our ABM strategy. We have also used add ons for Bombora, Builtwith, and Siftery.
  • Account-Based Data. Employee range, website, industry, company description, chief executives, latest news, etc. All for the given company you are researching.
  • Salesforce integration. I have not used it, but the functionality is supposed to be great. You can run data enrichment in your CRM with the Crunchbase data.
  • Funding, mergers, and acquisitions data. Crunchbase has relationships with thousands of VC firms throughout the world and followup with each very regularly to be able to serve up the latest data to their users.
  • Tech integrations. Integrations with tools like Bombora, Builtwith, Siftery, and others are really useful because you can use Crunchbase's company profile-based research method, and see the data from these tools specifically related to the given company.
  • Timely data. We also use Owler for company funding alerts. Since Owler scans the web for press releases from the set of companies you follow, it is often more "on time" when it comes to major funding rounds. Crunchbase usually catches up within the month.
  • There are data discrepancies sometimes between a company profile on Crunchbase vs that company's profile on LinkedIn. It could be that Crunchbase is more accurate, but we just don't know.
Crunchbase Pro is pretty inexpensive and offers so much great data. What's more, you could use it as your sole provider for account data in your CRM with the CRM integration and have very clean and accurate data with a reasonable margin of error. I also love that you can have saved searches, and get alerts on those search criteria each week. For example, I can have a weekly alert on major funding rounds from companies that meet the given search criteria.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
Lindsey Schultz profile photo
We use Crunchbase to find companies that have received funding that fit into our ideal customer profile to target for prospecting. I get the daily emails with funding and descriptions of companies and then look them up to make sure they would be a good company to go after. We can also find competitors and search for similar companies to target more ideal prospects.
  • Crunchbase provides profiles for many companies and what industries and keywords they fall under.
  • Crunchbase will show us who got funding and how much funding and what round of funding etc.
  • We can create saved searches of specific keywords to see if new companies meet the criteria.
  • It would be nice to have some of the data go directly into our CRM.
  • Some of the keywords are a little too broad and it would be nice to search by industry instead.
  • There is nothing else I can think of offhand!
Crunchbase is great to help find companies who have gotten funding and have money to scale and use for customer acquisition. I have found so many companies to go after from the daily emails and have gotten many meetings from going after them. It is very accurate information that we can always count on being reliable.
Read Lindsey Schultz's full review
Crunchbase is used in two primary ways: prospecting leads and understanding market spaces by analyzing trends in different verticals or industries. I primarily use it for the latter of these two options (Zoom mainly for prospecting). I work in many industries and understanding where to focus my time is crucial for productivity.
  • Up to date continuous reporting on market trends
  • UI is excellent
  • Customer care
  • Data quality can always improve
  • The more reports the better
  • Automating report building would be nice (may be possible, I have yet to find it)
I think Crunchbase is one of the best tools I have for understanding market space and changes in the industry. For example I work in medical, A&D and electronics - three massive industries. Understanding which are trending towards or away from my product is key to understand where to spend the most time day over day.
★ Kevin Thomas ★ profile photo
I work in our inside sales team and we focus on mostly startups and small firms. These companies are often involved in fundraising to get off the ground. Crunchbase is an excellent resource for news about recent funding activity. I also love that alerts will come not only to my email but to my mobile device.
  • Custom filters are a great way to follow companies, people or investors.
  • Companies that are acquired can be filtered by the company name and or the name of the acquiring firm.
  • There are many events by industry and geo and Crunchbase allows me to search by popular events that I follow.
  • Crunchbase also offers the ability to save searches and to keep a list of companies that you're watching.
  • Honestly I don't have any constructive suggestions. I love the product as is, I wish the "my searches" and "my list" features were included in the free version.
My use of the product is pretty basic, as I'm looking for specific information on startups or perhaps different events. And what I find on Crunchbase has been very helpful.
Read ★ Kevin Thomas ★'s full review
September 13, 2018

Crunchbase to Crunch time!

CrunchBase is currently being used by multiple Business Development Representatives across our Sales department. We use it to filter through and find net new accounts to a prospect based on various aspects of an organization.
  • Crunchbase does a great job at providing the most up to date information in regards to when a company recently received funding and approximately how much they got
  • When determining acquisition information, CrunchBase is extremely accurate and provides the necessary details required (i.e. the name of the transaction, name of the organization being acquired/who they are being acquired by etc.)
  • One of the coolest CrunchBase features is a list of trending profiles, based on page views - making it easier to see what companies might be worth prospecting as they are growing
  • I would like to see Crunchbase provide better packages for users who are not purchasing this for an entire department but on an individual user basis.
  • I wish there were certain features included in the free version (i.e. "my searches" and "my list")
As my position is Business Development Representative, Crunchbase is a great tool for finding net new accounts to prospects based on recent funding, company size, headcount, revenue, recent acquisitions, etc.

Crunchbase Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (5)
Identification of new leads (5)
List quality (5)
List upload/download (4)
Ideal customer targeting (5)
Load time/data access (3)
9.4
Contact information (3)
Company information (5)
Industry information (4)
Lead qualification process (2)
Smart lists and recommendations (3)
Salesforce integration (2)
Company/business profiles (2)
Alerts and reminders (3)
Data hygiene (2)
Automatic data refresh (1)
Tags (1)
Filters and segmentation (3)
9.4
Sales email templates (1)
Append emails to records (1)

About Crunchbase

Crunchbase is an online a database of information about public and private companies, including news and investment data. Users can view company profiles and contribute data for free, or pay to use advanced search and monitoring features (Crunchbase Pro) and/or data enrichment capabilities (Crunchbase Enterprise).

Crunchbase Technical Details