Crunchbase Reviews

Vivian Okere | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 27, 2020

Crunchbase helps with financial information quickly prior to discovery.

Crunchbase is a part of my sales research methodology today. When wanting to understand the financials of any client/prospective client, I look to Crunchbase first to see the recency and frequency of funding rounds. Also, the ability to see a snapshot of their competitors through the Owler integration is killing two birds with one stone! It is easy to read through, and helps me to be more through prospecting.
  • Detailed view of funding rounds and its frequency.
  • Additive information on company's competitors, rank in the market, and more.
Well suited for sales professionals that are SDR/BDRs, account managers, account executives, customer success managers, and renewals. It is ideal for understanding quick financial intel to make better decisions when prospecting.

Not suited for people who need detailed financial information. Just high-level.
Read Vivian Okere's full review
Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2019

Crunchbase is an essential tool for our ABM strategy

We use Crunchbase as a data source for our account information in our CRM. We do not use the Enterprise version with a SFDC integration currently. I use Crunchbase to stay on top of major funding rounds for our key prospect accounts--this is a major buying signal that we track as part of our ABM strategy. We have also used add ons for Bombora, Builtwith, and Siftery.
  • Account-Based Data. Employee range, website, industry, company description, chief executives, latest news, etc. All for the given company you are researching.
  • Salesforce integration. I have not used it, but the functionality is supposed to be great. You can run data enrichment in your CRM with the Crunchbase data.
  • Funding, mergers, and acquisitions data. Crunchbase has relationships with thousands of VC firms throughout the world and followup with each very regularly to be able to serve up the latest data to their users.
  • Tech integrations. Integrations with tools like Bombora, Builtwith, Siftery, and others are really useful because you can use Crunchbase's company profile-based research method, and see the data from these tools specifically related to the given company.
  • Timely data. We also use Owler for company funding alerts. Since Owler scans the web for press releases from the set of companies you follow, it is often more "on time" when it comes to major funding rounds. Crunchbase usually catches up within the month.
  • There are data discrepancies sometimes between a company profile on Crunchbase vs that company's profile on LinkedIn. It could be that Crunchbase is more accurate, but we just don't know.
Crunchbase Pro is pretty inexpensive and offers so much great data. What's more, you could use it as your sole provider for account data in your CRM with the CRM integration and have very clean and accurate data with a reasonable margin of error. I also love that you can have saved searches, and get alerts on those search criteria each week. For example, I can have a weekly alert on major funding rounds from companies that meet the given search criteria.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
Lindsey Schultz | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Crunchbase is crunching it!

We use Crunchbase to find companies that have received funding that fit into our ideal customer profile to target for prospecting. I get the daily emails with funding and descriptions of companies and then look them up to make sure they would be a good company to go after. We can also find competitors and search for similar companies to target more ideal prospects.
  • Crunchbase provides profiles for many companies and what industries and keywords they fall under.
  • Crunchbase will show us who got funding and how much funding and what round of funding etc.
  • We can create saved searches of specific keywords to see if new companies meet the criteria.
  • It would be nice to have some of the data go directly into our CRM.
  • Some of the keywords are a little too broad and it would be nice to search by industry instead.
  • There is nothing else I can think of offhand!
Crunchbase is great to help find companies who have gotten funding and have money to scale and use for customer acquisition. I have found so many companies to go after from the daily emails and have gotten many meetings from going after them. It is very accurate information that we can always count on being reliable.
Read Lindsey Schultz's full review
January 22, 2020

Powerful source of information on new companies

Crunchbase is primarily used by the SDR team to prospect start-up companies who've recently grown in size or raise capital. It is our de facto source for funding/growth information and a great all-in-one for insights into harder to find, early stage companies. Would be very hard to prospect other startups without it.
  • Easily compiles all relevant company information on one page.
  • Useful links to other websites and platforms.
  • Some tempting information is locked behind the paid version.
  • Can have multiple pages for the same account.
Crunchbase is most helpful for prospecting startups. It is extremely valuable to have insight into the amount of capital raised, from where it came, when it came, and when the next round is expected. Also Crunchbase provides you with helpful and relevant links to other platforms like LinkedIn or the company website, making it a one-stop-shop, especially for early stage research.
January 09, 2020

Wonderful tool to assist in prospecting

Pretty much everyone on my product side of the sales organization uses Crunchbase to help with breaking into accounts and staying on top of news relevant to clients. It is helpful when sending cold emails or having initial convos to know where these companies stand on funding and competition in the market. Overall it just makes the sales reps seem more knowledgable when they come in already knowing details about the client's current stance in the market.
  • Funding news - Huge strength to know immediately when a funding round is available.
  • UX/UI super easy to navigate making it a simple tool to use for early sales reps.
  • Notifications - Something similar to TweetDeck would be nice, so that when news breaks it could be an immediate fact.
  • Honestly dont add too much because you don't want it to become more of a social tool with cluttered info, keep it straight to the point.
Any time you are speaking with a client, it is to your benefit to know more about their tech space as well as competitors. It just makes you seem more trustworthy and smart, so they are more likely to purchase your product.
August 18, 2019

Crunching the data on Crunchbase

Crunchbase is used in two primary ways: prospecting leads and understanding market spaces by analyzing trends in different verticals or industries. I primarily use it for the latter of these two options (Zoom mainly for prospecting). I work in many industries and understanding where to focus my time is crucial for productivity.
  • Up to date continuous reporting on market trends
  • UI is excellent
  • Customer care
  • Data quality can always improve
  • The more reports the better
  • Automating report building would be nice (may be possible, I have yet to find it)
I think Crunchbase is one of the best tools I have for understanding market space and changes in the industry. For example I work in medical, A&D and electronics - three massive industries. Understanding which are trending towards or away from my product is key to understand where to spend the most time day over day.
★ Kevin Thomas ★ | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2018

For occasional use when specific data is needed, Crunchbase is great

I work in our inside sales team and we focus on mostly startups and small firms. These companies are often involved in fundraising to get off the ground. Crunchbase is an excellent resource for news about recent funding activity. I also love that alerts will come not only to my email but to my mobile device.
  • Custom filters are a great way to follow companies, people or investors.
  • Companies that are acquired can be filtered by the company name and or the name of the acquiring firm.
  • There are many events by industry and geo and Crunchbase allows me to search by popular events that I follow.
  • Crunchbase also offers the ability to save searches and to keep a list of companies that you're watching.
  • Honestly I don't have any constructive suggestions. I love the product as is, I wish the "my searches" and "my list" features were included in the free version.
My use of the product is pretty basic, as I'm looking for specific information on startups or perhaps different events. And what I find on Crunchbase has been very helpful.
Read ★ Kevin Thomas ★'s full review
September 13, 2018

Crunchbase to Crunch time!

CrunchBase is currently being used by multiple Business Development Representatives across our Sales department. We use it to filter through and find net new accounts to a prospect based on various aspects of an organization.
  • Crunchbase does a great job at providing the most up to date information in regards to when a company recently received funding and approximately how much they got
  • When determining acquisition information, CrunchBase is extremely accurate and provides the necessary details required (i.e. the name of the transaction, name of the organization being acquired/who they are being acquired by etc.)
  • One of the coolest CrunchBase features is a list of trending profiles, based on page views - making it easier to see what companies might be worth prospecting as they are growing
  • I would like to see Crunchbase provide better packages for users who are not purchasing this for an entire department but on an individual user basis.
  • I wish there were certain features included in the free version (i.e. "my searches" and "my list")
As my position is Business Development Representative, Crunchbase is a great tool for finding net new accounts to prospects based on recent funding, company size, headcount, revenue, recent acquisitions, etc.

Crunchbase Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (7)
Identification of new leads (8)
List quality (7)
List upload/download (4)
Ideal customer targeting (7)
Load time/data access (6)
9.6
Contact information (5)
Company information (8)
Industry information (7)
Lead qualification process (4)
Smart lists and recommendations (6)
Salesforce integration (3)
Company/business profiles (5)
Alerts and reminders (4)
Data hygiene (4)
Automatic data refresh (1)
Tags (2)
Filters and segmentation (5)
Sales email templates (1)
Append emails to records (1)

About Crunchbase

Crunchbase is an online a database of information about public and private companies, including news and investment data. Users can view company profiles and contribute data for free, or pay to use advanced search and monitoring features (Crunchbase Pro) and/or data enrichment capabilities (Crunchbase Enterprise).

Crunchbase Technical Details