Crunch the Venture!

November 08, 2021
Crunchbase is the main source of startups, venture funds and other legal entities data & information. Its database covers almost all our …

• Company information (17)
    5.4
  • Advanced search (16)
    5.3
  • Identification of new leads (15)
    5.2
  • List quality (15)
    4.2

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Crunchbase, and make your voice heard!

Basic

$0

Crunchbase Starter

$29

per month, per user

Crunchbase Pro

$49

per month, per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://about.crunchbase.com/products/p…

Prospecting

5.8

Sales Intelligence Email Features

4.5

What is Crunchbase?

Crunchbase is a provider of private-company prospecting and research solutions. The vendor boasts that over 60 million users—including salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, and market researchers—use Crunchbase to prospect for new business opportunities, and that companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over 3 billion calls to their API each year.

Crunchbase Features

• Supported: Automatic data refresh
  • Supported: Tags
  • Supported: Filters and segmentation
  • Supported: Notes
  • Supported: Ability to append contact, lead, and account level data

Sales Intelligence Email Features Features

• Supported: Sales email templates
  • Supported: Gmail integration
  • Supported: Exchange integration

Crunchbase Competitors

Crunchbase Technical Details

ZoomInfo SalesOS, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and CB Insights are common alternatives for Crunchbase.

Reviewers rate Alerts and reminders highest, with a score of 6.8.

The most common users of Crunchbase are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Christian Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer
I wanted to find a database that would let me find early-stage tech startups in the UK for both me and my clients. Finding reliable data sources is tough as they usually rely on a company investing in both good tech to create the data and real humans to check it and add context. Often it is just one or the other, rarely both.
We use Crunchbase to find accurate information about prospective companies. In particular, we were interested in Crunchbase's tool to find funding information of startups from accelerators, incubators, and investors.
Crunchbase is being used primarily, although not exclusively, by the research division within my organization. When conducting diligence on companies, Crunchbase serves as a source of quality information on companies. Because of the wide breadth and unique data points Crunchbase offers, the software is a crucial provider of data that my organization is not able to find elsewhere.
Vivian Okere | TrustRadius Reviewer
Crunchbase is a part of my sales research methodology today. When wanting to understand the financials of any client/prospective client, I look to Crunchbase first to see the recency and frequency of funding rounds. Also, the ability to see a snapshot of their competitors through the Owler integration is killing two birds with one stone! It is easy to read through, and helps me to be more through prospecting.
Crunchbase is primarily used by the SDR team to prospect start-up companies who've recently grown in size or raise capital. It is our de facto source for funding/growth information and a great all-in-one for insights into harder to find, early stage companies. Would be very hard to prospect other startups without it.
Pretty much everyone on my product side of the sales organization uses Crunchbase to help with breaking into accounts and staying on top of news relevant to clients. It is helpful when sending cold emails or having initial convos to know where these companies stand on funding and competition in the market. Overall it just makes the sales reps seem more knowledgable when they come in already knowing details about the client's current stance in the market.
Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Crunchbase as a data source for our account information in our CRM. We do not use the Enterprise version with a SFDC integration currently. I use Crunchbase to stay on top of major funding rounds for our key prospect accounts--this is a major buying signal that we track as part of our ABM strategy. We have also used add ons for Bombora, Builtwith, and Siftery.
Lindsey Schultz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Crunchbase to find companies that have received funding that fit into our ideal customer profile to target for prospecting. I get the daily emails with funding and descriptions of companies and then look them up to make sure they would be a good company to go after. We can also find competitors and search for similar companies to target more ideal prospects.
Crunchbase is used in two primary ways: prospecting leads and understanding market spaces by analyzing trends in different verticals or industries. I primarily use it for the latter of these two options (Zoom mainly for prospecting). I work in many industries and understanding where to focus my time is crucial for productivity.
September 13, 2018

Crunchbase to Crunch time!

CrunchBase is currently being used by multiple Business Development Representatives across our Sales department. We use it to filter through and find net new accounts to a prospect based on various aspects of an organization.
★ Kevin Thomas ★ | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work in our inside sales team and we focus on mostly startups and small firms. These companies are often involved in fundraising to get off the ground. Crunchbase is an excellent resource for news about recent funding activity. I also love that alerts will come not only to my email but to my mobile device.