https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3h/II/CIP6LHB0DHTN.PNGCurata has its pluses and great supportWe started using Curata as a way to curate content from across the web that would apply to our business and our product offerings. We were just beginning a content strategy and until we had our own library of content built out we wanted to at least offer something for our site visitors. We also wanted content that would entice prospective clients to our site. We no longer curate content and have mainly been using it as a way to post our press releases to our site.,Allows you to curate content and narrow your search parameters to pretty specific areas. It learns your selections and overtime serves up better and more relevant content. It works very well with WordPress, it integrates smoothly and allows you to share content on the fly with their Chrome plug-in. Curata's support is great, if you need them they will help out quickly to resolve your issues.,For me the product worked great for what I needed it for, I no longer needed it and was a few days past their renewal date (you have to cancel either 60 or 90 days before the end date of the contract) and they would not work with me. They took the stance of, "Too bad, so sad." They offered me their CMS along with their CCS for this last year, but we never fully used it and was turned off by the lack of customer service initially in this situation...especially after it was a matter of around 10 days or so that I was late. Having to keep reconnecting LinkedIn would throw me off at times. Sometimes the article I was trying to post to WordPress would get hung up and I would need to get a hold of support to help clear the system.,8,I would say neutral for us, but more so because of how we were using it and it being a stop-gap fix for us.,Marketo, Convirza, EverString, Hootsuite Pro, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesCurata: A Great All-Encompassing Content Curation SolutionWe are using Curata to curate content relevant to our target audience to supplement our original content production. We are using this content to feed our blog page (which we're transferring to our Curata microsite which is hosted for free with our subscription) where we post third party news and original content, our weekly and monthly newsletters, and our social channels. We're a very lean marketing and sales team and Curata streamlines the process of finding and sharing content for us across multiple channels.,Curata is great at curating in content that is relevant to our audience. It is easy to add many different sources to the feed from all around the web and we've really seen Curata "learn" what we see as the most relevant. The microsite we got as part of our Curata subscription is really fantastic. It's very customizable and we've been able to really craft it to suit our needs. There are so many different options available and our Curata rep has been really great with helping us cater each piece to our vision while making helpful suggestions along the way in terms of best practices. Plus, the word processor for publishing blog posts is so easy to use and I've had no issues with it so far unlike many other CMS platforms I've worked with. The Curata microsite is actually going to be replacing our current blog very soon - we love it that much! I've had a great experience with customer service from Curata. Our rep is responsive and helpful and really good about not just answering our concerns but also providing feedback on our processes and giving advice for how we can improve. Search capabilities within the curated content feed are fabulous. This is one area where I found other solutions to be lacking when we were going through the sales process, but Curata really succeeds here. It's extremely easy to find exactly what you're looking for in your content feed.,The analytics provided with Curata are not great, the metrics provided are very basic. You can set up a Google Analytics account for the microsite (which solves that issue), but reporting in terms of email and social could definitely improve. Social sharing of curated content could be improved. I'd love to see the ability to customize Linkedin posts, as well as share to Google+ among other things. Social is not a strong point for Curata, but that was conveyed to me by our sales representative from the beginning.,10,The efficiency of our marketing team has definitely improved. We are able to feed our content channels much better and more productively than we were before. The value we are able to offer our audience through our content channels like our newsletters and blog has greatly increased. We are able to provide better content in a nicer format and our subscribers have become more engaged as a result.,Rallyverse,10
Curata

Curata Reviews

Curata
Filter 5 vetted Curata reviews and ratings
Shane Adair profile photo
March 23, 2018

Review: "Curata has its pluses and great support"

• Allows you to curate content and narrow your search parameters to pretty specific areas.
  • It learns your selections and overtime serves up better and more relevant content.
  • It works very well with WordPress, it integrates smoothly and allows you to share content on the fly with their Chrome plug-in.
  • Curata's support is great, if you need them they will help out quickly to resolve your issues.
  • For me the product worked great for what I needed it for, I no longer needed it and was a few days past their renewal date (you have to cancel either 60 or 90 days before the end date of the contract) and they would not work with me. They took the stance of, "Too bad, so sad." They offered me their CMS along with their CCS for this last year, but we never fully used it and was turned off by the lack of customer service initially in this situation...especially after it was a matter of around 10 days or so that I was late.
  • Having to keep reconnecting LinkedIn would throw me off at times.
  • Sometimes the article I was trying to post to WordPress would get hung up and I would need to get a hold of support to help clear the system.
I liked Curata, but it depends on the use case of how it will be used as to how effective it is for someone. If you are trying to curate content it works great. Had I not been so put off by the issue mentioned earlier I would have given more effort to learn the CMS, so I am not sure how effective it really is.
Read Shane Adair's full review
Allison Davis profile photo
March 28, 2014

Review: "Curata: A Great All-Encompassing Content Curation Solution"

• Curata is great at curating in content that is relevant to our audience. It is easy to add many different sources to the feed from all around the web and we've really seen Curata "learn" what we see as the most relevant.
  • The microsite we got as part of our Curata subscription is really fantastic. It's very customizable and we've been able to really craft it to suit our needs. There are so many different options available and our Curata rep has been really great with helping us cater each piece to our vision while making helpful suggestions along the way in terms of best practices. Plus, the word processor for publishing blog posts is so easy to use and I've had no issues with it so far unlike many other CMS platforms I've worked with. The Curata microsite is actually going to be replacing our current blog very soon - we love it that much!
  • I've had a great experience with customer service from Curata. Our rep is responsive and helpful and really good about not just answering our concerns but also providing feedback on our processes and giving advice for how we can improve.
  • Search capabilities within the curated content feed are fabulous. This is one area where I found other solutions to be lacking when we were going through the sales process, but Curata really succeeds here. It's extremely easy to find exactly what you're looking for in your content feed.
  • The analytics provided with Curata are not great, the metrics provided are very basic. You can set up a Google Analytics account for the microsite (which solves that issue), but reporting in terms of email and social could definitely improve.
  • Social sharing of curated content could be improved. I'd love to see the ability to customize Linkedin posts, as well as share to Google+ among other things. Social is not a strong point for Curata, but that was conveyed to me by our sales representative from the beginning.
Curata is great for marketing teams who need good material to supplement their original content creation, and it's fabulous is you have an extremely targeted audience.We're a very lean team, and Curata is a great asset for us to streamline our processes of feeding a variety of different channels. There are other solutions that are stronger in terms of social sharing capabilities, so if that is the main feature you are looking for I would suggest looking into Curata but also researching other solutions as well.
Read Allison Davis's full review

Content hub (1)
Content distribution (1)
Closed-loop tracking and reporting (1)
Content performance analytics (1)

About Curata

Curata's content marketing platform (Curata CMP) enables more efficient content creation with greater impact on pipeline. According to the vendor, this solution enables users to:

• Analyze marketing and sales pipeline impact: Instantly access content metrics such as leads generated/touched and sales opportunities generated/touched by gated, un-gated and off-site content.
  • Streamline content production: An easy to use editorial calendar to keep your team on the same page and incorporate data-driven insights into your strategy.
  • Integrate easily with existing processes and applications: <20 minutes to integrate with Google Analytics, marketing automation (e.g., Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot) and SF.com

Curata's content curation software (Curata CCS) enables marketers to find, organize, publish and promote content in <19 minutes a day to feed the content marketing beast. According to the vendor, this solution enables users to:

• Discover the best content with a self-learning search engine and relevancy indicator.
  • Easily organize and contextualize content.
  • Publish and promote content anytime and anywhere (integration with most marketing automation, CMS and social media)

Curata Features

Content Creation Features
Has featureIdeation
Has featureApproval workflows
Has featureContent collaboration
Has featureContent calendar
Does not have featureNetwork for content licensing/production
Does not have featurePayment/Resource management
Content Publishing Features
Has featureContent hub
Does not have featureForms / Gated content
Has featureEmbedded CTAs
Has featureContent distribution
Has featureContent promotion
Has featureContent automation
Content Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureAudience profiling and targeting
Has featureClosed-loop tracking and reporting
Has featureContent performance analytics
Has featureCampaign optimization dashboard
Has featureCompetitive analytics
Does not have featureContent production analytics
Has featurePage-level engagement analytics

Curata Screenshots

Curata Integrations

Curata Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Curata Software$699per Instance (no seat limits)

We have 2 solutions: - Curata CCS content curation software - Curata CMP content marketing platform (e.g., editorial calendar, analytics engine)

Curata Support Options