For marketing, we are using it for two things: sending …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Customer.io, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $150 per month
Customer.io is a customer engagement platform that enables marketers to build sophisticated automated messaging campaigns. With access to real-time behavioral data, users can create personalized and relevant messages to engage and retain customers. This includes sending email, push notifications, text messages, and more through a visual building experience. Built for scale, Customer.io boasts users among over 4,100 companies, sending over 8 billion messages per year.
Founded in 2012, Customer.io is a globally distributed, remote-first company.
- Supported: Data-driven segment builder
- Supported: Multichannel messaging
- Supported: Newsletters
- Supported: Transactional messages
- Supported: Android and iOS mobile SDK
- Supported: Ad audience sync
- Supported: Visual workflow builder
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Multivariate testing
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: API
- Supported: Webhooks
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Conversion tracking
- Supported: Multiple sending workspaces
- Supported: Role-based permissions
- Supported: Timezone sending
- Supported: Multi-language messages
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||73%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||2%|
- Lets you create email flows without knowing code.
- Easy to create nice looking newsletters.
- Can easily segment users as many ways as you want.
- Great customer support and documentation.
- Price is quite expensive for Premium or once you get into high volumes of contacts.
- Depending on how you'll use it, it may require some help from developers to set up.
- Despite the support being great, you have to email them, there's not chat feature.
- Customer Segmentation
- Email Campaigns
- Email Newsletters
- A/B Testing
- Sorting of Data
- Workflow building and management.
- Extremely flexible and integrates easily with other services.
- Solid email builder.
- Webhook makes it easy to send and receive data in event-driven contexts.
- Support for liquid makes highly detailed personalization possible in every message.
- Push notifications are very rudimentary. Everything has to be done by hand unless you're sending an extremely simple message.
- A bit too email centric.
- Lacks an ability to schedule messages on a daily, weekly, etc. basis.
- Ease of use, a good tool for non programmers, or not so tech savvy people.
- Great support, willing to help a lot, by chat, calls, or screen sharing.
- Fast updates, it's a newer tool, but they are coming with fixes and updates fast.
- Better visual automation builder, they are a little behind here.
- Automate reports, I would love to see this.
- Managing users, attributes and events. You are easily able to modify any user, based on their ID, and add or remove attributes, assign events to them. That makes it very easy to segment later and to assign them to several campaigns based on behavior. Just a warning: this integration isn't so easy (at least it wasn't for us).
- Creating workflows of campaigns is very easy. You can quickly create behavioral campaigns based on attributes, segments and add elements to the workflow. You can send an email, then wait, then send another, then exit the campaign if they converted, etc. The workflow is easy to configure and very powerful for automation.
- We don't use many email templates (we make them in MJML) but it's very easy to add senders, to change templates and in general to test designs.
- Deliverability works very well, at least for us. It sends emails pretty fast and without issues.
- Exporting is very quick and easy. Importing wasn't a feature until recently, but it works well too.
- Seeing activity it's also useful. In general, logs are awesome (be it of a customer, of activity on the site, email sends, etc.).
- We don't use environments, but it might be very useful for a bigger company.
- Data collection is a very weak part of Customer.io.
- You can't export data. You can't see it in any other way except the one they provide... definitely don't expect to rely only on their data because it's poor and can't be segmented.
- A/B testing could be better. You could use multivariate tests and you should be able to track which parts of the email you sent are most clicked, and so on.
- Onboarding isn't easy. Sending pageviews every time with the ID is very useful but not very easy to achieve, at least for a smaller company. Docs help but are extremely technical. I think it would be useful to have a friendlier or even an integration team for smaller/less technical teams.
- Integrating with other APIs for sending special content. For example, trying to send personalized emails to customers based on previous purchases isn't easy to achieve at all.
- Automatic email triggers
- HTML editor
- Mobile app
- Integrate with our existing tools
- Trigger emails based on events
- Automating our email drip campaigns
- Time based/triggered emails for new users signing up
- I may be missing it in the UI, but a place to see the list of emails who qualify for a certain email.
- One easy to view chart of all our automated/lifecycle emails to see what a given user would see over their customer journey. (This is really just a feature request/idea - the product itself is really awesome.)
- Drip emails
- Analytics and reporting
- Integrations and API access
- Reporting could be more customizable -- for example, seeing breakdowns of analytics by cohorts took a little bit of finagling