January 29, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Cybersource is used to have a gateway connection to all of the credit card processing centers as well as PayPal processing. We also use a product from them called Decision Manager which is used to catch and stop orders that may be fraud from getting through without review.
- They have built the connections to multiple card providers so that a retailer does not need to build the code for each one separately.
- The decision manager product catches and stops a lot of fraud from getting through and causing a large number or chargebacks.
- They also connect to PayPal making it easy to add them to any website as a payment method.
- Sales or account management pushes all issues and questions to support it is hard to just get a quick answer from your rep. Support is good but also can take more time then your rep answering an email question.
- Support does not allow for scheduling a conference call so that you can get multiple parties on the phone at the same time to resolve an issue. You should be allowed, via the ticket system, to schedule a support person to dial into a call for support on an issue.
Read this authenticated review
It is the gold standard for e-commerce use. Others out there and can cost less, but CyberSource has been the leader for some time.