DameWare Remote Support from Austin IT company SolarWinds is remote administration software for the remote control of desktops, laptops, and servers behind or outside the firewall, allowing registry editing, restart services, logging activity, account and password management, and more. The mobile app also provides access from a phone or tablet. DameWare Remote Support licensing is per technician, the number of end-user remote machines is irrelevant; one technician may receive a license for $349. Discounts are available for multiple license purchases. The DameWare Mini Remote Control is a lesser version of SolarWinds' Remote Support software, and can be licensed for $259 for one technician. SolarWinds also sells a patch manager under the DameWare brand, for managing and deploying patches from a single console.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/rR/Vl/5OTLG877U3X5.PNGDameWare Remote Control Review - Nice ProductI managed an IT support team that used DameWare to support users in over 25 medical clinics across many counties in California. With this tool, my techs were able to remote into users' PCs/laptops and solve issues quickly, and also install software when required. It is easy to use and has great tools included.,Remote into a user's PCs/laptop was easy. We were able to train temporary tech employees quickly. It did not require the user at the other end to perform any task, so the medical staff could focus on their duties and not be technical. The DameWare client was part of our O/S image, so no software was required for the users to install.,We did not find issues with DameWare. If it could interface with our help desk system (ManageEngine), that would be the only improvement.,8,Help desk techs are more efficient with their time, as they do not have to travel to user's desks/facilities. Users do not have to explain the issue over the phone, as the tech can see their screen. Improves customer satisfaction.,LANDesk IT Asset Management Suite, ManageEngine Desktop Central and TeamViewer,LANDesk Service Desk, ManageEngine Desktop Central, TeamViewerDameware Remote Support Review!Dameware is used by our whole IT department. I can't praise enough this software! It has saved me countless hours of work. Instead of driving to various different offices, I can simply remote into the user's computer, fix their problem and move on to the next one. Great remote software, very easy to use, and user-friendly.,Very affordable Great GUI Easy to use,It sometimes crashes at startup. Console could have a bit more options. There are times that it can be sluggish.,10,Easily support users & manage servers. Reduces IT staff on site. Reduces time to fix issues.,Bomgar, TeamViewer and LogMeIn,Remote Desktop Manager, Microsoft Office 365, Veeam Backup & ReplicationDameWare is for you.We use DameWare Remote Support to remotely support our cafes. It is used by our help desk team. It addresses the need for remote support.,It provides the necessary remote tools to allow you to interact with a machine transparently to the user needing support. It allows the client to continue working on their PC while you diagnose their issue using tools like, Remote Registry, File Shares, and Processes.,I would like to see snapshots of screens (updated at specific intervals) that I am not connected to through the mini remote control module as a way to keep tabs on users. I would like to see a troubleshooting recorder, similar to Windows 7's Problem Step Recorders with capabilities to email the recording to a specified email address or post to a support forum.,7,We see an increased employee efficiency from our remote locations as we can allow them to continue using their workstation while troubleshooting using remote tools,Radmin Remote Administrator,Symantec pcAnywhere,RealVNC,10DameWare Remote Control - support team's dream softwareOur IT team uses DameWare to connect to all of our employee computers for remote support (i.e. troubleshooting, software installation). We also use DameWare to connect to our Windows servers.,DameWare has been a very reliable solution for remote support for out team. With multiple authentication options, we are able to connect to computers that have been dropped from the domain. The secure file transfer in DameWare provides and quick and easy way to pass files to/from employee computers saving us time during support.,Connecting to last session is not always the last session. Saving your position in the Personal Host List would be helpful. I have a folder structure 3 levels deep and when I'm going through a list of computers it is frustrating to have to browse down through the same levels each time. When connecting to a host, an entry is saved in Saved Host List (even duplicates). I would be nice to have an option to save or not save like a quick connect option. DameWare Mobile has separate password than desktop and cannot be linked to Active Directory password like desktop.,10,We are a global company with centralized support. DameWare Remote Control has been crucial to good customer service from our IT team to our employees.,,8,2,Remote connection to servers. Remote connections to users.,When on a computer without DameWare, I was able to RDP to a server running DameWare and connect to my users computer.,10,Yes,Product Features,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Connecting to Windows 98 computers. You had to manually install the client.,10,10,Yes,When I had my Samsung specific crash issue, the development team and technicians were able to collect the appropriate log data from me to issue a beta fix for me to test is a very short time.,Remote installation of client Connecting to computers on our domain File transfers to/from employee computer,Managing the Saved Host List of duplicate entries.,No,10DameWare is a must for IT professionals!DameWare gives me the ability to access any computer on my network right from my office. This is very advantageous for me because I have two offices I support with one being 50 miles from my regular location. With the built-in tools to manage desktops and work with administrative privileges when I need to, DameWare has become my go-to remote desktop application. I have nearly 100 end-user clients I support and the savings in time alone made the purchase of DameWare a great investment. With only two people supporting the IT aspect of our company we only purchased two licenses and we utilize it on a daily basis. The thing I like the most about DameWare is the ability to share the user's desktop and see what they are seeing which makes diagnosing issues substantially faster. I also quite like the simplicity of file transfers with DameWare, no guessing, no hunting, just drag and drop and you know right where your file is. I would recommend DameWare Mini Remote Control to anyone in the IT field.,Desktop sharing is vital to me so I can see exactly what end users are experiencing and DameWare does this flawlessly. File transfers are so simple with DameWare it takes all of the guess work out transferring files so even beginners could use it with confidence. These are great tools that DameWare provides to strengthen my ability to get the job done right and get it done quickly.,Perhaps popup messages that guide a user to where they need to go when sharing a session with another remote user to allow them full access as well. When the toolbar gets minimized it can be difficult to get it restored.,10,DameWare has definitely increased my efficiency when it comes to resolving user issues. DameWare has given me the ability to provide better customer service to my end users because they don't have to wait for me to commute somewhere or bring their computers to me to resolve issues. DameWare has absolutely given us a great return on our investment in time savings alone.,none,49,2,Remote desktop sharing so I can install software for end users. Trouble shooting of end user issues while viewing their screen to let them show me what they are doing or trying to do. After hours remote software updates.,To move installation files from network repositories right to the client computer to execute faster installs. Sharing a session with another IT person in order to collaborate on reported issues. Sharing a session on a remote computer with higher level IT person in order to facilitate learning.,To deploy new programs and software as the need may arise when unexpected changes take place. Making last minute changes or tweaks to existing software when integrating new policies or management practices.,10
Windows, Linux, Mac
DameWare Remote Support

DameWare Remote Support Reviews

DameWare Remote Support
Top Rated Award
Filter 80 vetted DameWare Remote Support reviews and ratings
Daniel Harmuth, PMP/MBA profile photo
January 18, 2018

DameWare Remote Support: "DameWare Remote Control Review - Nice Product"

• Remote into a user's PCs/laptop was easy. We were able to train temporary tech employees quickly.
  • It did not require the user at the other end to perform any task, so the medical staff could focus on their duties and not be technical.
  • The DameWare client was part of our O/S image, so no software was required for the users to install.
  • We did not find issues with DameWare.
  • If it could interface with our help desk system (ManageEngine), that would be the only improvement.
It is well suited for distributed environments where the help desk is centralized and the users are at remote facilities. By using this software, the tech does not have to travel to the facilities except for issues that are hardware related and must be replaced.
Read Daniel Harmuth, PMP/MBA's full review
March 22, 2018

"Dameware Remote Support Review!"

• Very affordable
  • Great GUI
  • It sometimes crashes at startup.
  • Console could have a bit more options.
  • There are times that it can be sluggish.
Dameware is the best remote software on the market. We have 5 different domains at my company, Dameware has a nice authenticate option which allows you to effortlessly change credentials & domain to access different servers or clients. When asking users for their IP, they simply hover the mouse over the icon and a window pops up with the required information. If your company is currently looking into purchasing a remote software, do yourself a favor and buy Dameware. You won't regret it.
Jason Dunaway profile photo
September 06, 2016

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare is for you."

• It provides the necessary remote tools to allow you to interact with a machine transparently to the user needing support.
  • It allows the client to continue working on their PC while you diagnose their issue using tools like, Remote Registry, File Shares, and Processes.
  • I would like to see snapshots of screens (updated at specific intervals) that I am not connected to through the mini remote control module as a way to keep tabs on users.
  • I would like to see a troubleshooting recorder, similar to Windows 7's Problem Step Recorders with capabilities to email the recording to a specified email address or post to a support forum.
DameWare Remote Support works great for a support desk. I would make sure to ask:
What are some built-in support tools the product can provide?
Can this tool make it easy to capture a recording of an issue and get that issue recording to the support team?
Read Jason Dunaway's full review
Michael Chambers profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare Remote Control - support team's dream software"

• DameWare has been a very reliable solution for remote support for out team.
  • With multiple authentication options, we are able to connect to computers that have been dropped from the domain.
  • The secure file transfer in DameWare provides and quick and easy way to pass files to/from employee computers saving us time during support.
  • Connecting to last session is not always the last session.
  • Saving your position in the Personal Host List would be helpful. I have a folder structure 3 levels deep and when I'm going through a list of computers it is frustrating to have to browse down through the same levels each time.
  • When connecting to a host, an entry is saved in Saved Host List (even duplicates). I would be nice to have an option to save or not save like a quick connect option.
  • DameWare Mobile has separate password than desktop and cannot be linked to Active Directory password like desktop.
The only time I would consider a different option than DameWare would be if the computers did not have a centralized authentication such as Active Directory.
Read Michael Chambers's full review
Brett Davis profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare is a must for IT professionals!"

• Desktop sharing is vital to me so I can see exactly what end users are experiencing and DameWare does this flawlessly.
  • File transfers are so simple with DameWare it takes all of the guess work out transferring files so even beginners could use it with confidence.
  • These are great tools that DameWare provides to strengthen my ability to get the job done right and get it done quickly.
  • Perhaps popup messages that guide a user to where they need to go when sharing a session with another remote user to allow them full access as well.
  • When the toolbar gets minimized it can be difficult to get it restored.
The most important question to ask from my perspective is, "Do you need the ability to see exactly what the end user is seeing or experiencing in order to diagnose a problem?" This is very critical to getting things done in a timely manner especially in a time where end users seem to be much less proficient with the actual computer than they are at the individual tasks for which they are trained.
Read Brett Davis's full review
Marc Cummings profile photo
July 17, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Managed IT Services Dream"

Our company chose to go with DameWare Remote Support for it's centralized management and feature set. We are in the business of managed IT services, and the majority of our support is executed remotely. Different clients of course have different security needs so we have found that the various connectivity options within DameWare have more than met the call.

It's currently utilized by every administrator in our company and recommended to every client that we support.
  • First and foremost, the Mini Remote Control is a lifesaver. It offers a robust set of connectivity options and a snappy console to manage the machines while you're connected. You're able to connect to multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, and MAC). I find these to be a huge benefit especially when it comes to BYOD environments and remote users. As long as there's an internet connection, you can support them.
  • System monitoring and information is another feature that is done particularly well by DameWare Remote Support. You can get an in depth view of all services, scheduled tasks, event logs, and much more at the click of a button. This provides a huge benefit to systems administrators by allowing them to query any information necessary to address a problem or apply simple fixes without having to log into the box directly.
  • The export tool allows for quick and easy reports to be produced about various information that you select. Whether it's active directly overview or a software inventory for each machine, this proves to be a beneficial tool. Our company utilizes it for software queries and inventory purposes.
  • We have had issues with credentials saving for specific domains and/or machines. I would like to see a credential manager in place, especially given that my system administrators manage a portfolio of clients.
  • When connectivity is lost for a particular machine, whether it's a reboot or network connection failure the screen just goes blank. It would be nice to have an auto ping show so that you know when the machine is back online.
  • I'm sure it's in development, but it would be nice to have a cloud based console or implementation with various firewall vendors adding to their UTM software suite. It would be ideal to VPN to a firewall and authenticate a session with a DameWare client installed on that box.
I would definitely recommend the software to a colleague, as I already do now. I have found it suitable for most environments, even locally in an air gapped environment. Questions that I tend to ask center around the number of users, types of devices and clients, security preference, and network access. Deploying the client service to machines is as simple as a batch service install and they're up and ready to go.
Read Marc Cummings's full review
Jeanne Moffat profile photo
July 17, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Simplify your world with DRS!"

As the sole IT person, I am on 24 hour call. I can use DameWare to remote in from home to solve IT issues. I also use DameWare Remote Support at work as it has multi-functionality and interacts with my Active Directory. I use it for "one stop shopping" for adding new employees and PCs to the network environment. I also do have contractors that can take calls for me during an absence and they can use DRS as well to remote in from their location.

I use it to access my Application Server for our EHR, as well as our Virtual WTS servers when a reboot is necessary after an update.
  • Ease of installing service on a new machine.
  • Interactive with Windows Active Directory.
  • Ease of navigation throughout DameWare Remote Support and DRS Mini Remote
  • A static IP address has to be set on the machine before the service installs
Read Jeanne Moffat's full review
Robert Long profile photo
July 10, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Ease of multi-monitor remote system support with DameWare!"

DameWare Remote Support is utilized in a multi-hospital healthcare system for the purposes of providing end user support. Primarily used by the Information Systems department, the software has branched out to cover other specialty areas that require the ability to cover application support at facilities located 50 miles away within seconds of receiving an urgent support request. Physicians in the midst of providing patient care do not need the interruption that comes from a PC tech needing to personally sit down at a workstation to address an issue. They like the fact that remote access allows a subject matter expert to gain access to exactly what they are seeing on multiple monitor workstations and resolve their issues with minimal interruption.
  • Virtual display compatibility for multiple monitor workstation support
  • Upload and download of software patches in a shared folder with easy access
  • The ability to lock the end-user keyboard and mouse to prevent accidental confusion during critical operations
  • Import of workstation information from another management system to ease build and deployment of the software.
  • Occassional loss of control of downstream system due to unforeseen issues (network/bandwidth?) - possible QOS escalation within the application?
How extensive of a deployed workstation footprint are you trying to support? How savvy are your end-users? How comfortable are your support team members with remote access, and what level of training do they require to hit the learning curve at light speed? This has been an excellent support tool for access to mutliple 4-bank monitor workstations used for the interpretation of medical images across a large health system.
Read Robert Long's full review
Louis Gephardt profile photo
July 31, 2015

User Review: "What a Dame! DameWare Remote Support"

DameWare Remote Support is used primarily by me (one man department) to support teachers, staff, and students. With two co-located sites, DameWare Remote Support makes it easy assist clients, and manage servers. The integration with WebHelpDesk ensures that I don't have to repeat work to update tickets.
  • Remote Support: DameWare makes it easy to remotely manage servers, and assist clients with technical issues.
  • Easy Deployment: DameWare makes it very easy to customize an MSI installer for use with Active Directory and Group Policy in order to install the DameWare client on all workstations in our domain.
  • WebHelpDesk Integration: One click in WebHelpDesk will launch the DameWare Remote Support software and connect me with a client in need of assistance. When the session is done, the software allows me to update the ticket right from DameWare.
  • The only real area of weakness I see for DameWare is the difficulty in setting it up to help clients on other networks or across the Internet. Setting up the DameWare Server can be a bit cumbersome to a less advanced user and it does require some firewall configuration to make work. Compared to items like LogMeIn, join.me, or GoToAssist, this can be difficult for a one-man-shop to set up and maintain.
DameWare is very well suited for a managed environment where most/all of your clients are on the same network as the supporting technicians.
Read Louis Gephardt's full review
Dan Turner profile photo
July 30, 2015

DameWare Remote Support: "DameWare Mini Remote Control Review"

We use DameWare as part of our help desk offering. We have a few choices when it comes to offering remote support to our end users, this is the favorite of our help desk professionals. It's integration into the SolarWinds' tool set really enables quick, efficient support to our end users. Really a big fan of the product.
  • Ease of use. Really easy to get up and going.
  • From our end users stand point, there isn't anything that they need to do, no typing of codes, installing files etc. They call into support and we are able to remotely connect to help them.
  • We've run into some issues using this tool with shared desktops inside our Citrix environment. We use another tool for those support sessions
  • Cost, while not overly expensive it isn't free.
If the desktop environment is highly virtual be sure to test that all functions work. For remote users on laptops, this tool really works well.
Read Dan Turner's full review
James Mauck profile photo
July 28, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Your users will feel the love remotely!"

We use DameWare to remotely support all global end user computers. It is very inexpensive on a per end user basis, and very easy to deploy and [provides] great security. Fixing printer issues, drive/folder access, application support and upgrades are all easier when seeing it from the user's perspective. Our user base is accustomed to receiving hassle free support, especially while trouble shooting, and often ask IT to remote in to see their issue.
  • Easy for users to comprehend
  • Easy to deploy to Windows desktops for consistent end user experience
  • Good security options to offer end user privacy protection.
  • Add secure option to operate beyond corporate WAN, I.E. over the Internet like Citrix GoToAssist
DameWare Remote Support is best suited for a user base that is on corporate network. It's not easy to use (less appropriate) for remote and traveling users.
Read James Mauck's full review
Dwayne Lofton profile photo
July 27, 2015

Review: "Dameware Remote Support is the One-Man IT Department's Best Tool"

We recently downsized our IT staff and needed to have a way to support user requests while being able to maintain focus on core network operations.

DameWare Remote Support is used for all desktop support issues. It allows us to be able to take care of multiple user desktop issues at once.
  • Being able to address multiple support issues at once is critical for a small or one-person support staff.
  • The interface is easy to work with and logically laid out. There's a lot of functionality but it's easy to just jump in and use.
  • The included system tools give you pretty much everything you'll need to manage disks, check events, and run remote backups.
  • It does't automatically repair a user's desktop on it's own. Is that too much to ask? Honestly, I've been pretty happy with it.
Being able to have a chat feature and connecting to multiple desktops at once was critical for me. I use chat for non-critical issues and make a call for more in-depth issues while remoted in to the user's machine. Being able to have the users control their own screen and see what I'm doing is makes it superior to RDC.
Read Dwayne Lofton's full review
Justin Mauck profile photo
July 27, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare is Fantastic!"

Our IT Department has DameWare installed on all of our client PCs organizationally. Within IT, we can remotely connect to any device within our network, and routinely utilize the product to connect to clients to troubleshoot issues.
  • DameWare allows us to remotely connect to ANY device on our network
  • DameWare takes the guesswork out of troubleshooting issues - end-users routinely describe errors and system glitches incorrectly, so being able to remote into their device to see what they are actually experiencing is invaluable.
  • To connect to PCs, users must have administrative rights on the client PC. I totally understand the reasoning behind this, but our setup includes scenarios where we need to connect to clients on a separate domain. We can ultimately connect, but we do not have the ability to take control of the client's keyboard/mouse, even after a client has accepted our connection. This makes the troubleshooting process less effective.
If the users who will be using this product are domain admins, or have admin access to all client PCs, this product is fantastic and invaluable. It becomes less valuable if users don't have this access across the domain.
Read Justin Mauck's full review
Hiren Shah profile photo
July 22, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Best Remote Control Software"

DameWare provides an easy way to remote in to any user's PC or laptop and has a good response time without lag. It works very well.
  • Chat function.
  • Good refresh rate over the wan connection without lag.
  • Chat function does not stay on top [of screen] or blink so a user can see something is incoming.
I want see DameWare work like TeamViewer.
Read Hiren Shah's full review
Bill Dalton profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "You should be using DameWare. Enough said."

I currently use DameWare Remote Support to support my current PC base. I have about 100 PCs and a few on-site servers that I need to be able to diagnose and trouble shoot from anywhere I happen to be.
  • I can work on multiple PC's or servers at once and never have to walk the user though the necessary steps over the phone.
  • It integrates with my Active Directory domain, so I always have a current list of devices that it can connect to. And with the remote server, I can connect to any of them even from a phone.
  • For the price, I can't really think of anything that is left out. I would like a way to view what PC a user is logged into.
If you are not a Windows shop, DameWare Remote Support is not for you. It's not really needed for smaller networks either. You must have some technical knowledge to set this up properly, for if you are not comfortable with modifying things like firewall settings, you may want to shy away from this product.
Read Bill Dalton's full review
Don Niman profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Great Support Tool for any IT Department"

Our IT Department uses DameWare Remote Support to troubleshoot and fix issues both at our central office as well as all of our remote sites. The software allows us to view logs, hardware information, running processes, and services. We also have the very critical ability to remotely control computers so that we can screen share with our users. This allows our technicians to see what our users see and greatly helps with troubleshooting.
  • The ability to remotely control our desktops and provide UAC credentials is great!
  • Having the ability to look at logs, processes, and remote control all from one console saves a lot of time and resources.
  • Using the centralized server allows us to activate by user instead of per computer helps to save on cost.
  • You are unable to provide UAC credentials if you are using an Internet session
  • You can launch the remote control from the main console but it opens another application and forces you to login again to the Central Server.
DameWare Remote is perfect for a small or medium IT team to help support remote sites and cut down on local IT costs.
Read Don Niman's full review
Benjamin Doyle profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Dameware is a solid product, worth the price"

It is being used by the test engineering department to remotely access test station PCs at manufacturing sites around the world. This helps keep travel to a minimum and allows for quicker response time for solving issues. Previously the group was using freeware for remote access and the lag and refresh rate was hot garbage. DameWare, despite having a terrible name, solved those issues.
  • Almost no screen refresh issues.
  • Simple file transfers
  • Connect to multiple computers at once
  • I disagree with the Solarwinds business model requiring pay for maintenance to get updates
  • Retrieving licenses from PCs no longer in use is a pain in the ass
DameWare Remote Support is very well suited for remote support of test station PCs. The key question during the selection process was what the security concerns might be. There is encryption available, but it does not work well with some of the old test station PCs that are running Windows XP. Not really a DameWare issue, more a Windows issue.
Read Benjamin Doyle's full review
Daniel Mantell profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Effective remote support for a reasonable cost for most environments"

DameWare Remote Support is used to remotely troubleshoot user PCs and to access non service based servers.
  • Quickly access user PCs.
  • Allow quick functionality of common needs (e.g. remote cursor, scaling, remove user input).
  • Allows multiple instances.
  • Authentication can be cumbersome, there should be an option to remember authentication time for any PC.
  • Should provide auto scaling for multiple instances (e.g. auto scale 4 windows to fit one monitor changing the destination resolution as necessary during session)
  • Link with AD computer list in a practical way.
DameWare Remote Support is a very good tool for in network remote support. It has capabilities for other scenarios, but I have not utilized these functions. For the price it is very good.
Read Daniel Mantell's full review
Caleb McKay profile photo
July 21, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Near perfect remote assistance tool with some caveats"

As the only IT person in the company, the ability to quickly connect to a user's PC and resolve issues saves an enormous amount of time. It is also invaluable in supporting remote users and when I need to work from home.
  • Installation requires no interaction from the end user
  • Installs quickly
  • Integrated security
  • Unable to connect to users not on local network (such as products like GoToAssist)
  • Entry screen for computer name is tedious and acts unexpectedly at times
If the majority of users are on the local network, DameWare Remote Support is hands down the way to go - both in ease of use and cost effectiveness. If you support a lot of remote users who are not on your local network then a product like GoToAssist would probably suit you better.
Read Caleb McKay's full review
Benjamin McCarthy profile photo
July 17, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare is still the best after many many years of use"

We use the DameWare to manage all servers without needing to be in the data center. Its also used to support desktops at all locations thus eliminating the need to physically go to each PC. The ability to access servers or workstations remotely saves time in not having to travel.
  • Simple install.
  • Manage computers remotely easily.
  • The reminders or service running out or version updates required needs to have the ability to turn them off.
  • Registering each install after rebuilding a pc and being required to go through the web site for a reinstall is a big pain.
DameWare Remote Support is well suited in any network with that has a combination of 10+ servers and workstations.
Read Benjamin McCarthy's full review
John Knierim profile photo
July 17, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "I mostly love DameWare!"

I use the product across the whole organization. The problem it solves is the ability to connect remotely to both PCs and Macs while the user is still logged in.
  • Can connect to many operating systems using different protocols
  • Uses a variety of authentication protocols
  • Easy to configure
  • The UI is a little clumsy
  • Having to launch a new window after ending the last session does not make sense to me
  • It has always been a real pain to login to their website for updates
Read John Knierim's full review
Troy Riegsecker profile photo
July 15, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Great Product! Must use and buy!"

My IT Department uses DameWare to connect to all the computers in our company across the United States. The program allows us to take control of the computer and or server make necessary changes and even send commands to assist in fixing a problem for the end user.
  • Easy installation for the administrator and easy installation when deploying to the end user.
  • The interface is extremely easy to use. Even our beginner help desk person was able to pick up and use the software right away.
  • We have had not one issue being able to connect with someone and it uses little bandwith.
  • I think one improvement could be having a saved directory be able to organize it by lets say domain controllers, and site's frequent users.
I have given examples we use to connect to our end users. The product works 99.9% of the time.
Read Troy Riegsecker's full review
Jason Kirby profile photo
July 13, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "DameWare is great"

DameWare Remote Support is being used by our small IT department for troubleshooting across the division. We are able to do things remotely with our computers which allows us to save valuable time and money by not driving all over the division for simple troubleshooting. We compared this to several other products and this one gave us the most bang for the buck.
  • Remote support for troubleshooting desktop issues.
  • Active directory sync.
  • Mobile app is a great tool.
  • We thought the installation and setup was a little cumbersome but worth it in the end.
  • We would love to see more analysis features.
We think it can be used at any size school district, as it will give technicians a chance to quickly diagnose and address issues. If you are not setup with Active Directory it is not nearly as useful but I would also recommend they go to Active Directory. We are getting away from Macs as well but it seems to be more user friendly for PC environments.
Read Jason Kirby's full review
Yvette Miles profile photo
July 10, 2015

Review: "DameWare Remote Support is worth its weight in gold!"

The city of Lakewood has between 500-1000 employees in different physical locations. Before implementing DameWare Remote Support, help desk personnel were spending hours travelling to and from sites to fix problems or using Remote Desktop, which causes downtime for the user and doesn't always reflect an accurate assessment of the problem. The IT department has been trying to clean up Active Directory before merging domains. DameWare Remote Service has been invaluable in this process. DameWare has also been instrumental in developing an inventory of software.
  • Connecting to end users PC while they are experiencing the problem provides training opportunities as well as being a time-saving tool in resolving issues.
  • DameWare is remarkably easy to install and set up. The amount of information it provides with one or two clicks of the mouse is amazing.
  • DameWare provides access to all the troubleshooting tools, i.e. event viewer, Regedit.exe, properties without having to even connect.
  • The only problem reported has been the inability to utilize the export function in a meaningful way.
DameWare Remote Support is a must have for a help desk unit that supports users from various sites. It also supports Tier two/three help desk [units] by providing the information needed in a time saving way. There are cheaper products out there, but they in no way compare to DameWare Remote Support.
Read Yvette Miles's full review
Adam Stemper profile photo
July 10, 2015

DameWare Remote Support Review: "Great tool for our business IT support team."

We use DameWare Mini Remote Control to access computers all throughout the building when someone has a problem, needs software installed or needs an admin password entered. It was extremely easy to set up and connect to computers within our domain. The price and software functionality combination, is about the best I've seen.
  • Very quick and easy to remotely install the service.
  • Very nice remote support feature set.
  • Very quick and easy setup / initial configuration.
  • When connecting to different computers, we always have to change the type to Windows NT/Challenge Response. It defaults back to the other type when you click on a different computer. Wish it was sticky.
  • Can't set descriptions on computer names, in the computer name list.
DameWare is well suited for small / medium sized companies. I'm not certain how well this would work for very large companies... could be great, or maybe not.
Read Adam Stemper's full review

Screen sharing (49)
File transfer (46)
Instant message (34)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (10)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (31)
Over-the-Internet remote session (34)
9.5
Initiate remote control from mobile (22)
Remote management of servers & workstations (43)
Remote Active Directory® management (31)
Centralized management dashboard (28)
Session record (1)
Annotations (1)
Monitoring and Alerts (1)
Multi-platform remote control (20)
9.5

About DameWare Remote Support

DameWare Remote Support is a systems administration tool that lets IT admins and support teams provide remote support to end-users. This tool enables users to initiate remote connections with multiple computers at the same time and provide support with the help of the built-in administration tools and utilities. Users can also remotely connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems—all from a single, central DameWare console. The vendor says the solution is trusted by over 70,000 organizations worldwide and that DameWare was the first remote support software to introduce Smart Card authentication for remote connectivity.With the help of a secure internet proxy, DameWare lets users connect to thier end-users and customers across the globe—whether they are situated inside or outside their corporate network. The DameWare Mobile Gateway functionality lets IT pros provide on-call and after-hours support by launching remote sessions from iOS and Android devices.

DameWare Remote Support enables IT Pros to:

• Benefit from in-session chat, screenshot capture, and file transfer functionality
  • Remotely troubleshoot and manage Windows servers and workstations with built-in system tools
  • Remotely reboot systems, start/stop services & processes, copy/delete files, view and clear event logs
  • Manage multiple Active Directory domains, users an groups, and remotely reset passwords