Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Screen sharing (53)10.0100%
- File transfer (50)10.0100%
- Remote management of servers & workstations (57)9.494%
- Over-the-Internet remote session (47)7.373%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS), and make your voice heard!
Dameware Mini Remote Control
Dameware Remote Support
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Dameware Remote Support is a systems administration tool that helps IT admins and support teams provide remote support to end-users. This tool enables users to initiate remote connections with multiple computers at the same time and provide support with the help of the built-in administration tools and utilities. Users can also remotely connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems—all from a single, central Dameware console. The vendor says the solution is trusted by over 70,000 organizations worldwide and that Dameware was the first remote support software to introduce Smart Card authentication for remote connectivity.With the help of a secure internet proxy, Dameware lets users connect to their end-users and customers across the globe—whether they are situated inside or outside their corporate network. The Dameware Mobile Gateway functionality lets IT pros provide on-call and after-hours support by launching remote sessions from iOS and Android devices.
Dameware Remote Support enables IT Pros to:
- Benefit from in-session chat, screenshot capture, and file transfer functionality
- Remotely troubleshoot and manage Windows servers and workstations with built-in system tools
- Remotely reboot systems, start/stop services & processes, copy/delete files, view and clear event logs
- Manage multiple Active Directory domains, users an groups, and remotely reset passwords
- Supported: Instant message
- Supported: Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
- Supported: Over-the-Internet remote session
- Supported: Remote management of servers & workstations
- Supported: Remote Active Directory® management
- Supported: Centralized management dashboard
- Supported: Multi-platform remote control
Visit https://www.dameware.com/resources/video to watch SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) video.
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- The Mini Remote control is easy
- Remote installation of client
- Connecting to computers on our domain
- File transfers to/from employee computer
- Connecting to PCs, as long as you have the DNS name or IP. The authentication type takes a minute to figure out, but everything aside from that is pretty self explanatory.
- Re-sizing window, though it could be improved further.
- Remote support, click, click, in.
- Services, click, load, start.
- Remote access to desktops for support.
- The AD display of devices
- Remote Server Connections
- I have loaded DameWare Mini Remote and have added the machines on my network so I can sit at my desk and problem shoot which is helpful in daily time management.
- My support people also have access to DameWare which makes it easier to assist the hospital in times of my absence
- I also allows me to logon concurrently with a client and see what they see when they are having issues
- The finding and listing of all Windows computers in the domain