Dameware Remote Support Reviews

John Fester | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Dameware Remote Support - Saving Time AND Money

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Dameware Remote Support daily in my company to remotely troubleshoot workstations and servers, support internal teammates and deploy new software, services, tasks or changes to our Active Directory. Dameware completely replaces Microsoft's solution for remote connections, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and is significantly better software. With the super-easy utility included in Dameware called "Mini-Remote Control", you never have to lookup host names or IP addresses again before connecting to the right system! Dameware keeps your entries for each workstation and server in a list in Dameware, so that you never find yourself asking what the computer name is or host name, before connecting. You simply select it from your list and connect. I save the name of the user [next] to each computer name, making this even easier for me. When "Bob" calls me needing an admin password to update a software, I open Dameware, select Bob from my list of computers and am connected in 2 seconds.
Read John Fester's full review
February 14, 2020

Dameware Remote Support - Super fast remote desktop support, like having someone over your shoulder!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Dameware Remote Support as remote desktop support. It is especially useful in connecting to PCs where remote desktop through Microsoft is not an option. If you have an IP address, you can access the desktop quickly and efficiently, and the user can watch you work.
December 30, 2019

A great tool for any IT support technician

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the only IT person for our clinic and support over 110 workstations across 4 separate locations within a 60-mile radius. I use Dameware Remote Support to allow me quick access to those workstations when I need to support the local user or repair an issue they are having. It's so quick and easy to use and makes my job much easier.
May 20, 2019

Dameware Remote Support for easy remote sessions!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use the Dameware Remote Support software within the IT department to provide assistance to our users from multiple headquarters locations. The software allows us to troubleshoot and resolve computer issues without having to physically be in front of our end users' computers, which increases our efficiency within the department.
Daniel Harmuth, PMP/MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2018

DameWare Remote Control Review - Nice Product

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I managed an IT support team that used DameWare to support users in over 25 medical clinics across many counties in California. With this tool, my techs were able to remote into users' PCs/laptops and solve issues quickly, and also install software when required. It is easy to use and has great tools included.
Read Daniel Harmuth, PMP/MBA's full review
Brett Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2015

DameWare is a must for IT professionals!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

DameWare gives me the ability to access any computer on my network right from my office. This is very advantageous for me because I have two offices I support with one being 50 miles from my regular location. With the built-in tools to manage desktops and work with administrative privileges when I need to, DameWare has become my go-to remote desktop application. I have nearly 100 end-user clients I support and the savings in time alone made the purchase of DameWare a great investment. With only two people supporting the IT aspect of our company we only purchased two licenses and we utilize it on a daily basis. The thing I like the most about DameWare is the ability to share the user's desktop and see what they are seeing which makes diagnosing issues substantially faster. I also quite like the simplicity of file transfers with DameWare, no guessing, no hunting, just drag and drop and you know right where your file is. I would recommend DameWare Mini Remote Control to anyone in the IT field.
Read Brett Davis's full review
Marc Cummings | TrustRadius Reviewer

Managed IT Services Dream

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our company chose to go with DameWare Remote Support for it's centralized management and feature set. We are in the business of managed IT services, and the majority of our support is executed remotely. Different clients of course have different security needs so we have found that the various connectivity options within DameWare have more than met the call.

It's currently utilized by every administrator in our company and recommended to every client that we support.
Read Marc Cummings's full review
Jeanne Moffat | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 17, 2015

Simplify your world with DRS!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As the sole IT person, I am on 24 hour call. I can use DameWare to remote in from home to solve IT issues. I also use DameWare Remote Support at work as it has multi-functionality and interacts with my Active Directory. I use it for "one stop shopping" for adding new employees and PCs to the network environment. I also do have contractors that can take calls for me during an absence and they can use DRS as well to remote in from their location.

I use it to access my Application Server for our EHR, as well as our Virtual WTS servers when a reboot is necessary after an update.
Read Jeanne Moffat's full review
Robert Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 10, 2015

Ease of multi-monitor remote system support with DameWare!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

DameWare Remote Support is utilized in a multi-hospital healthcare system for the purposes of providing end user support. Primarily used by the Information Systems department, the software has branched out to cover other specialty areas that require the ability to cover application support at facilities located 50 miles away within seconds of receiving an urgent support request. Physicians in the midst of providing patient care do not need the interruption that comes from a PC tech needing to personally sit down at a workstation to address an issue. They like the fact that remote access allows a subject matter expert to gain access to exactly what they are seeing on multiple monitor workstations and resolve their issues with minimal interruption.
Read Robert Long's full review
Louis Gephardt | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 31, 2015

What a Dame! DameWare Remote Support

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

DameWare Remote Support is used primarily by me (one man department) to support teachers, staff, and students. With two co-located sites, DameWare Remote Support makes it easy assist clients, and manage servers. The integration with WebHelpDesk ensures that I don't have to repeat work to update tickets.
Read Louis Gephardt's full review
Dan Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2015

DameWare Mini Remote Control Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use DameWare as part of our help desk offering. We have a few choices when it comes to offering remote support to our end users, this is the favorite of our help desk professionals. It's integration into the SolarWinds' tool set really enables quick, efficient support to our end users. Really a big fan of the product.
Read Dan Turner's full review
James Mauck | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 28, 2015

Your users will feel the love remotely!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use DameWare to remotely support all global end user computers. It is very inexpensive on a per end user basis, and very easy to deploy and [provides] great security. Fixing printer issues, drive/folder access, application support and upgrades are all easier when seeing it from the user's perspective. Our user base is accustomed to receiving hassle free support, especially while trouble shooting, and often ask IT to remote in to see their issue.
Read James Mauck's full review
Dwayne Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 27, 2015

Dameware Remote Support is the One-Man IT Department's Best Tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We recently downsized our IT staff and needed to have a way to support user requests while being able to maintain focus on core network operations.

DameWare Remote Support is used for all desktop support issues. It allows us to be able to take care of multiple user desktop issues at once.
Read Dwayne Lofton's full review
Justin Mauck | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 27, 2015

DameWare is Fantastic!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our IT Department has DameWare installed on all of our client PCs organizationally. Within IT, we can remotely connect to any device within our network, and routinely utilize the product to connect to clients to troubleshoot issues.
Read Justin Mauck's full review
Hiren Shah | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2015

Best Remote Control Software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

DameWare provides an easy way to remote in to any user's PC or laptop and has a good response time without lag. It works very well.
Read Hiren Shah's full review
Don Niman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Support Tool for any IT Department

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our IT Department uses DameWare Remote Support to troubleshoot and fix issues both at our central office as well as all of our remote sites. The software allows us to view logs, hardware information, running processes, and services. We also have the very critical ability to remotely control computers so that we can screen share with our users. This allows our technicians to see what our users see and greatly helps with troubleshooting.
Read Don Niman's full review
Benjamin Doyle | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 21, 2015

Dameware is a solid product, worth the price

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used by the test engineering department to remotely access test station PCs at manufacturing sites around the world. This helps keep travel to a minimum and allows for quicker response time for solving issues. Previously the group was using freeware for remote access and the lag and refresh rate was hot garbage. DameWare, despite having a terrible name, solved those issues.
Read Benjamin Doyle's full review
Benjamin McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 17, 2015

DameWare is still the best after many many years of use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use the DameWare to manage all servers without needing to be in the data center. Its also used to support desktops at all locations thus eliminating the need to physically go to each PC. The ability to access servers or workstations remotely saves time in not having to travel.
Read Benjamin McCarthy's full review
Troy Riegsecker | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 15, 2015

Great Product! Must use and buy!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My IT Department uses DameWare to connect to all the computers in our company across the United States. The program allows us to take control of the computer and or server make necessary changes and even send commands to assist in fixing a problem for the end user.
Read Troy Riegsecker's full review

Screen sharing (53)
File transfer (50)
Instant message (38)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (13)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (35)
9.2
Over-the-Internet remote session (38)
Initiate remote control from mobile (25)
Remote management of servers & workstations (47)
10.0
Remote Active Directory® management (35)
9.5
Centralized management dashboard (31)
Session record (5)
Annotations (4)
Monitoring and Alerts (5)
Multi-platform remote control (24)
9.7

About Dameware Remote Support

DameWare Remote Support is a systems administration tool that lets IT admins and support teams provide remote support to end-users. This tool enables users to initiate remote connections with multiple computers at the same time and provide support with the help of the built-in administration tools and utilities. Users can also remotely connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems—all from a single, central DameWare console. The vendor says the solution is trusted by over 70,000 organizations worldwide and that DameWare was the first remote support software to introduce Smart Card authentication for remote connectivity.With the help of a secure internet proxy, DameWare lets users connect to thier end-users and customers across the globe—whether they are situated inside or outside their corporate network. The DameWare Mobile Gateway functionality lets IT pros provide on-call and after-hours support by launching remote sessions from iOS and Android devices.

DameWare Remote Support enables IT Pros to:

• Benefit from in-session chat, screenshot capture, and file transfer functionality
  • Remotely troubleshoot and manage Windows servers and workstations with built-in system tools
  • Remotely reboot systems, start/stop services & processes, copy/delete files, view and clear event logs
  • Manage multiple Active Directory domains, users an groups, and remotely reset passwords