Dashlane

Does it all and does it well!

July 28, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dashlane, and make your voice heard!

Free

Team

$5

per user/per month

What is Dashlane?

Dashlane in New York offers their flagship application for simplified login and password management, boasting an easy deployment for their business-class product.

Dashlane Technical Details

What is Dashlane?

What is Dashlane's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Dashlane?

The most common users of Dashlane are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Dashlane is used across our organization for the management of passwords. It has helped in securing important documents and personal logins. Using this software, we can share our security passwords with our other colleagues or team members. It helped in empowering our business and it is a very fast and reliable tool.
  • Dashlane has the capacity to store a large number of files.
  • Its mobile app works so fast and is convenient.
  • Dashlane's price is its major strength, as it is highly affordable.
  • Its login forms don’t respond the way they are expected to.
  • Its customer service is not supportive.
It is an amazing tool for everyone. Anyone can utilize it, as it is very easy to use this software, and one can use it to save all of their important passwords. It is a kind of software that can empower one’s business. One can add more identities to it for a single domain. The thing that is not good about it is that it has some bugs and its customer service is poor.
Yaco Lioi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Dashlane to collaborate with outside teams and client departments. It has helped in an incredible way letting us share passwords and sensitive information online. It's wonderful and super well crafted. We are now using multiple apps for this need, but Dashlane is still part of our recommendations.
  • Top notch design and clear UI
  • Fast setup
  • Encryption by default
  • Android and Windows app are not as polished as the iOS and Mac OS counterparts
  • The price can be better now that there is more competitors
  • Sometimes the support documentation is outdated because the software had been updated
Dashlane is really simple to use and it looks polished. We liked this product in certain projects where a better experience was needed. Dashlane has a nice feeling when using it, you feel like you're using trustable, good designed software, and I love when my clients and team members get to experience that. It makes us look more professional than other options.
Dashlane is one of the password management tools we offer to our employees. It allows employees to store sensitive information without needing to use their browser's "save password" feature which is not secure enough for our organization. It's also simple enough for employees to set up and start using by themselves.
  • IOS App is clean
  • Desktop app and browser plugin work well.
  • I think they should lower their pricing to reach more people.
I've used many of the top password management apps, and Dashlane is just as good (if not better) than the rest of them. Dashlane does a great job creating safe passwords, and it's nice to be able to use Dashlane on any of my devices. In addition to passwords, you can also store notes, payments, personal info, and IDs in the app.
Dashlane is used by all Engineers at my company. It operates both as our storage of credentials, as well as the way we share private login info to others. As we use many third parties as well as have a service based architecture, there are many different logins and software which requires access. Some of these can be shared by our internal team, and others have to be specified to only be partially shared with other vendors.
  • Password Generation
  • Customization
  • Organization Management
  • Access Management
  • Password Naming
  • Browser Integration
Well Suited:
  1. Organization Management: Dashlane has the ability to setup groups of people who can get access to items.
  2. Password Generation: This software makes good passwords that are secure.
  3. Low Tech-Literacy: For those in your organization that are not great at managing passwords, Dashlane makes it relatively easy.
Poorly Suited:
  1. Customization: Dashlane is not good at being able to control the way your passwords work or are generated.
  2. Browser Integration: Dashlane takes over so many field that it makes using a browser too difficult.
  3. Searching: When searching, it limits to certain fields and returns too many results, while excluding secure notes etc.
Tyler Oates, M.Ed | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have so many different platforms that we use on a daily basis and it would be impossible to keep all of our passwords straight. There are times where new accounts are made for us under platforms by the person that sets up our accounts and login credentials can easily be shared with us by the creator. It makes it super easy to organize passwords and share passwords when needed.
  • Organize passwords
  • Save login information
  • Easy to share info with other employees
  • Dashlane does exactly what we need it to do.
  • There aren't additional features that could improve it.
  • Great service
Dashlane is great for those that have multiple logins or passwords to keep straight among multiple platforms. It's such an easy way to grant access to accounts to other employees when needed! I don't know how we got by without Dashlane before! Would not recommend if you only have a few logins to remember for just yourself. Great for team settings.
We've had no issues with Dashlane. I can't speak to their customer service because I have not personally needed to contact them. I guess that speaks about their product if we've not had any issues to reach out about. Great for supporting data/information on multiple platforms that are shared among team members.
Muhamed (Muha) Causevic | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Dashlane independently from my organization. Since our work and personal lives often merge, I have had trouble remembering my passwords across my devices. I [use] Dashlane to store passwords to my personal logins, so that I can access my accounts across my various devices with ease. It has helped me with the hassle and security risk of writing them down in a journal.
  • Suggested complex passwords.
  • Shows you data on how many of your accounts are using the same password.
  • It sometimes saves duplicates of logins if something was 1 character off. I would ideally like to see it suggest to remove one of the logins or merge the accounts if the info is the same.
Dashlane is great for centralizing all of your accounts and keeping all the logins information in one location for anyone who easily misplaces this information or is forgetful. This also is its downfall as well because it is hard to trust any single source of centralization because if it were ever to be breached, it would be devastating.
I have not sought out support for this product in the past. However, the automated suggestions to improve my security have been great, therefore I believe that the level of support would be great if I were to contact their support team.
October 16, 2019

Dashlane to the rescue!

Jeremy Goldsborough | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Dashlane to store and manage hundreds of sensitive data points from passwords to credit card numbers. The Dashlane app is used by our top-level employees based upon their access needs. This application addresses the problems created when there is not a universal management solution for company passwords. These problems include low-strength passwords, lost passwords, and the sharing of passwords insecurely.
  • Dashlane does a great job of detecting the password creation process on new websites and prompting users to store the data on the app. This saves a lot of time and eliminates the need to remember to save passwords manually.
  • Dashlane syncs well across devices. That password you created using your laptop is immediately available on your smartphone app without the need for double entry.
  • The Dashlane application provides a variety of data save types beyond just passwords. You are able to save account information, payment methods, and personal data in a categorized way.
  • Dashlane can be frustrating to use on my Mac. There are often times where the app is open but simply will not display the dashboard. I am forced to close the app and relaunch it to gain access. Support has been unable to fix this for me.
  • There are times where Dashlane tries to interact with a web form that it should not interact with. It feels like it is getting in the way and hindering the form completion rather than helping with efficiency. Better detection of form types would be a big improvement.
  • Refining the way that Dashlane deals with replacement/updating passwords would be a welcome improvement. It is very easy to get duplicate entries into the system so that you have 2 or more logins to a website to choose from even though only one of them is current.
Dashlane is well suited for a company or individual who likes to stay organized and is willing to take the time to really make sure they are using the application as it is supposed to be used. It has a learning curve. In a scenario where a company just wants to start throwing passwords and logins into an app and expecting everything to run smoothly, Dashlane would not be a great fit.
The times I have contacted support, they have been very kind and responsive. While they have been unable to solve all of the issues I've encountered with their software, they have always been eager to put forth a reasonable effort to support us. In support, attitude goes a long way, and Dashlane has done a good job with that.
Tristan Dobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dashlane as a password manager for our employees in their professional and personal use. It is used company-wide and by all departments to ensure that users are following best internet safety practices such as abstaining from password re-use, implementing complex passwords, and (in cases where passwords must be shared) secure storage and sharing of passwords.
  • Security dashboard - Dashlane highlights any safety practices that are not being followed and recommends that users change passwords if they are not being safe.
  • Dark web monitoring - Users are alerted if any of their credentials could possibly be compromised and ensures that they are informed enough to change or rectify the situation.
  • Company spaces - Dashlane allows for a "personal" and "company" space that users may use to store their personal passwords separately from their work passwords. If their account is ever terminated, they are left with their personal passwords and given a 40-day trial to Dashlane Premium.
  • Admin capabilities - Admins cannot reset passwords or 2SV tokens for any users, so they are left to contact Dashlane support. Without adequate management, Dashlane is tough to support internally effectively.
  • Reporting - Dashlane does not provide reports for when users export passwords, fail logins or do anything else to potentially compromise their accounts. The reporting right now simply shows when users are created and added/removed from sharing Groups, but even then, the reporting is broken.
  • Chrome - Chromebook users cannot take advantage of Dashlane to any real degree. They cannot set up 2SV tokens or keys, nor are they given the same features (Security Dashboard, Sharing Centre, etc.) so the experience is hampered, which adversely affects adoption.
Dashlane is well suited for end-users who are looking to get themselves a password manager for personal use. They must be using Mac or Windows primarily and install the local client to access all of the features needed to work properly. It is relatively inexpensive for end-users as well.
Support for Dashlane is always helpful, but it is unfortunately completely necessary for admins to refer users to Dashlane support as well. Since users need to contact support in order to get a new 2SV token, the support Dashlane offers is definitely adequate. But our admins want to be able to help users with these problems and further shorten the timeline for resolution. Support, given the nature of the product, is also VERY thorough. Several types of identification and verification need to be presented in order to proceed with a request. Though this should not be necessary from a business standpoint.
Our company is using Dashlane to keep company passwords and sensitive information protected and private. This allows us to share passwords for various programs that we all use or share a login for as well as getting notified if there's any type of breach or issue with a password that needs to be corrected.
  • Syncs to a mobile device - they have a mobile app so you can use this on your cell phone too
  • Automatically signs you into your accounts - you can load a website and Dashlane automatically logs you in using stored/saved passwords.
  • You only have to remember one password - the master password to Dashlane.
  • Chrome also saves passwords and this can conflict with Dashlane - both will load saved info. You have to manually remove saved passwords in Chrome, which is time consuming.
  • Sometimes it doesn't log me in to certain websites or is really slow to eventually log me in
  • Not sure that it's always syncing properly and doesn't always ask to store newly created passwords when it should
This is a company requirement for me to use it, so it works but I don't really have a choice in the matter. It's great for sharing passwords between groups and automatically generating strong passwords. However, if you let Dashlane generate a password, you won't actually know what that password is unless you look it up later. I for one am old school and don't like the idea of not actually knowing what a password is for an account or having a written record of it somewhere - and there have been a few occasions where I'm glad I do if Dashlane is slow to respond/load or it's logged me out.
David Judice | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dashlane has helped me track the logins and passwords for the many websites and network devices that I connect to on a daily basis. I have used other password keepers in the past, and this one is the best I have found so far. I am a huge fan of this program and would recommend it to others who need to remember many logins and passwords.
  • The auto-login on websites is very nice, and any websites that I have multiple accounts for will prompt me for which account I want to log in with. This is a HUGE help since there are many sites I have multiple accounts on and connect to several times a day from each account. Very, very nice!
  • I love it that it shares my passwords between multiple devices that I have running Dashlane. It doesn't matter which device I am using, including my phone, Dashlane remembers my logins and passwords.
  • I haven't found any negatives that are large enough to report. Great product that I am very happy with.
Anyone that has many sites they log into regularly, or even not so regularly, Dashlane will remember those usernames and passwords and store that information securely for later use. No more remembering usernames and passwords for sites you may not visit very often, and any that you visit regularly can be logged into automatically.
Rachel Moenning | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dashlane is currently being used by our company to manage not only all our passwords but all of our clients' social passwords as well. It is too insecure to store passwords in a document or note, and it is also frustrating to have to open different documents every time you need to remember a password. With Dashlane, I can just keep the app open and have all the passwords in one place. Not only that, but I can share passwords to and from the other users in my company with ease, so we can all access it easily with one master password.
  • Stores sensitive information (passwords, payment info, etc.)
  • You can easily share passwords from Dashlane user to Dashlane user.
  • It can connect with your browser as an extension for ease of use.
  • The mobile app is well thought-out.
  • Sometimes the sharing function isn't as intuitive as it should be.
  • Sometimes the auto-fill function doesn't work when I visit websites. When it does work, it's fantastic, but when it doesn't, it's a little extra work.
If you have many applications or accounts with multiple passwords to keep track of, this is a great password manager that is clean, versatile on many devices, and great for a team environment. Even if you are an individual with too many passwords, it's still great. I think Premium/Professional Dashlane is needed only for a team, though.
I use Dashlane on a daily basis, it is a beautifully designed and very helpful password manager that is available on multiple devices. It helps to keep everyone using strong and secure passwords without having to remember them or take the risk of saving them in an un-secure place and it is made so easy by proceeding with the automatic login of all your accounts, even on really complex logins with 2-steps or more than 2 fields, like certain bank account website. It also quickly and easily identifies dangerously weak or reused passwords and will alert you if a security breach is recorded, keeping your organization safer than ever.
  • The Emergency Contact feature is quite nice since it allows you to set an emergency contact for your important accounts in case of an urgent and critical matter. It is useful at work as well as for personal accounts, simply set your emergency contact to one of your coworkers so they can temporarily access your account.
  • Dashlane offers one of the most polished interface that is out there, it is nice, sleek and easy to use. It's beautiful and simple interface makes it perfect to use for anyone who isn't too computer-friendly.
  • The Security Dashboard easily identifies dangerously weak or reused passwords that are stored in your password vault and quickly sees what accounts hackers may have compromised with a handy security score screen. Dashlane will alert you if a security breach is recorded.
  • Dashlane could improve their email support, as it is not the fastest or most efficient support at the moment.
  • Dashlane can be a little expensive if you wish to use features like syncing and web access to passwords.
I have to connect to a lot of different websites during the day and they all have to be secured with complicated and exhaustive passwords which are impossible for me to remember. Having Dashlane automatically generate complex passwords for me and create new entries in the software saves me a lot of time and headaches.
I am an end user of Dashlane, and absolutely love it. It has unburdened me from the need to write down and secure long complex passwords, credit card information, and logging on to the majority of sites I visit. The frosting on the cake is its ability to securely synchronize my sensitive data across devices: PC, iMac, iPhone, and iPad.

• Dashlane securely synchronizes sensitive data across all of my computing devices. This feature alone is valuable.
  • It has good tools too, like the password generator that lets me set how long and complex of a password I want to create, and then gives me the option to save it right then and there.
  • Dashlane's ability to automatically log me in, or to pre-fill forms is why I bought it. It hasn't let me down. It has saved me a lot of time.
  • Dashlane touts its ability to automatically change and update passwords. In my experience, this is one of its few weak areas. It is only able to automatically do so on a small percentage of the sites I visit.
  • Dashlane accounts are tied to one email address. You cannot update your email address, and that is a significant shortcoming.
  • It can be annoying to have to type in a password to access Dashlane. Most of the time I can use a fingerprint on my phone or tablet, but not yet on computers.
It is amazing at filling in online forms for me, for logging me into web sites, and keeping me aware of a weak or repeated password on my current list of over 100. It does not do well at updating credentials for most websites.
Micah Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dashlane is used to store passwords and hep with password sharing. It is also used to make using secure passwords easier.
  • Very secure with high encryption.
  • The mobile app is very easy to use.
  • Web plugin works well and is easy to use.
  • The web plug in is a bit aggressive. It should be easier to dismiss it if I don't want it to be involved with a particular sign-in.
  • It's more expensive than its competitors.
It's well suited for password security enforcement and sharing. Less so for emulating SSO.