Dashlane in New York offers their flagship application for simplified login and password management, boasting an easy deployment for their business-class product.Dashlane to the rescue!My company uses Dashlane to store and manage hundreds of sensitive data points from passwords to credit card numbers. The Dashlane app is used by our top-level employees based upon their access needs. This application addresses the problems created when there is not a universal management solution for company passwords. These problems include low-strength passwords, lost passwords, and the sharing of passwords insecurely.,Dashlane does a great job of detecting the password creation process on new websites and prompting users to store the data on the app. This saves a lot of time and eliminates the need to remember to save passwords manually. Dashlane syncs well across devices. That password you created using your laptop is immediately available on your smartphone app without the need for double entry. The Dashlane application provides a variety of data save types beyond just passwords. You are able to save account information, payment methods, and personal data in a categorized way.,Dashlane can be frustrating to use on my Mac. There are often times where the app is open but simply will not display the dashboard. I am forced to close the app and relaunch it to gain access. Support has been unable to fix this for me. There are times where Dashlane tries to interact with a web form that it should not interact with. It feels like it is getting in the way and hindering the form completion rather than helping with efficiency. Better detection of form types would be a big improvement. Refining the way that Dashlane deals with replacement/updating passwords would be a welcome improvement. It is very easy to get duplicate entries into the system so that you have 2 or more logins to a website to choose from even though only one of them is current.,8,The ROI we've seen from Dashlane would certainly be measured in "time saved" and "frustration avoided." In the realm of lost or mishandled passwords and account information, it has served us well. While eliminating one set of problems, Dashlane has created its own frustrations through some of the behaviors we've encountered with it. There are some shortcomings that we simply haven't been able to overcome.,RoboForm and 1Password,9A personal password manager trying to make it in a business worldWe use Dashlane as a password manager for our employees in their professional and personal use. It is used company-wide and by all departments to ensure that users are following best internet safety practices such as abstaining from password re-use, implementing complex passwords, and (in cases where passwords must be shared) secure storage and sharing of passwords.,Security dashboard - Dashlane highlights any safety practices that are not being followed and recommends that users change passwords if they are not being safe. Dark web monitoring - Users are alerted if any of their credentials could possibly be compromised and ensures that they are informed enough to change or rectify the situation. Company spaces - Dashlane allows for a "personal" and "company" space that users may use to store their personal passwords separately from their work passwords. If their account is ever terminated, they are left with their personal passwords and given a 40-day trial to Dashlane Premium.,Admin capabilities - Admins cannot reset passwords or 2SV tokens for any users, so they are left to contact Dashlane support. Without adequate management, Dashlane is tough to support internally effectively. Reporting - Dashlane does not provide reports for when users export passwords, fail logins or do anything else to potentially compromise their accounts. The reporting right now simply shows when users are created and added/removed from sharing Groups, but even then, the reporting is broken. Chrome - Chromebook users cannot take advantage of Dashlane to any real degree. They cannot set up 2SV tokens or keys, nor are they given the same features (Security Dashboard, Sharing Centre, etc.) so the experience is hampered, which adversely affects adoption.,6,Dashlane has positively increased security at our company. Users are using a password manager now where they never had before, so a net gain in security was welcome. Dashlane has allowed us to work with more industries. Implementing a password manager was fundamental in being assessed by clients for our security stance. Dashlane does not scale. We increased our user count greatly over 2 years and Dashlane was not able to offer more management, thus affecting our ability to support those users.,TeamsID,7,LastPass for Business, G Suite, Zoho CRM PlusGreat for company-wide security concerns, and great when it works the way you want it toOur company is using Dashlane to keep company passwords and sensitive information protected and private. This allows us to share passwords for various programs that we all use or share a login for as well as getting notified if there's any type of breach or issue with a password that needs to be corrected.,Syncs to a mobile device - they have a mobile app so you can use this on your cell phone too Automatically signs you into your accounts - you can load a website and Dashlane automatically logs you in using stored/saved passwords. You only have to remember one password - the master password to Dashlane.,Chrome also saves passwords and this can conflict with Dashlane - both will load saved info. You have to manually remove saved passwords in Chrome, which is time consuming. Sometimes it doesn't log me in to certain websites or is really slow to eventually log me in Not sure that it's always syncing properly and doesn't always ask to store newly created passwords when it should,7,Greater level of security regarding passwords for the company, definitely a huge bonus Can be frustrating if you're just trying to quickly log into something and it hasn't stored the correct password or doesn't load for some reason Can be a painful setup process if you have to manually remove stored passwords from Chrome/other browsers,Snagit, BlueJeans, SnapEngageDashlane does the remembering for you.Dashlane has helped me track the logins and passwords for the many websites and network devices that I connect to on a daily basis. I have used other password keepers in the past, and this one is the best I have found so far. I am a huge fan of this program and would recommend it to others who need to remember many logins and passwords.,The auto-login on websites is very nice, and any websites that I have multiple accounts for will prompt me for which account I want to log in with. This is a HUGE help since there are many sites I have multiple accounts on and connect to several times a day from each account. Very, very nice! I love it that it shares my passwords between multiple devices that I have running Dashlane. It doesn't matter which device I am using, including my phone, Dashlane remembers my logins and passwords.,I haven't found any negatives that are large enough to report. Great product that I am very happy with.,10,Nothing negative to say about Dashlane at all. Great product. Very good pricing for an individual user or a larger enterprise environment.,Does Everything I Need It ToDashlane is currently being used by our company to manage not only all our passwords but all of our clients' social passwords as well. It is too insecure to store passwords in a document or note, and it is also frustrating to have to open different documents every time you need to remember a password. With Dashlane, I can just keep the app open and have all the passwords in one place. Not only that, but I can share passwords to and from the other users in my company with ease, so we can all access it easily with one master password.,Stores sensitive information (passwords, payment info, etc.) You can easily share passwords from Dashlane user to Dashlane user. It can connect with your browser as an extension for ease of use. The mobile app is well thought-out.,Sometimes the sharing function isn't as intuitive as it should be. Sometimes the auto-fill function doesn't work when I visit websites. When it does work, it's fantastic, but when it doesn't, it's a little extra work.,7,Less time spent searching for passwords, scanning through old emails, scrolling through notes, etc.! More efficiency in managing social media accounts,Hootsuite Pro, Toggl, AsanaDashlane - beautiful and easy to use!I use Dashlane on a daily basis, it is a beautifully designed and very helpful password manager that is available on multiple devices. It helps to keep everyone using strong and secure passwords without having to remember them or take the risk of saving them in an un-secure place and it is made so easy by proceeding with the automatic login of all your accounts, even on really complex logins with 2-steps or more than 2 fields, like certain bank account website. It also quickly and easily identifies dangerously weak or reused passwords and will alert you if a security breach is recorded, keeping your organization safer than ever.,The Emergency Contact feature is quite nice since it allows you to set an emergency contact for your important accounts in case of an urgent and critical matter. It is useful at work as well as for personal accounts, simply set your emergency contact to one of your coworkers so they can temporarily access your account. Dashlane offers one of the most polished interface that is out there, it is nice, sleek and easy to use. It's beautiful and simple interface makes it perfect to use for anyone who isn't too computer-friendly. The Security Dashboard easily identifies dangerously weak or reused passwords that are stored in your password vault and quickly sees what accounts hackers may have compromised with a handy security score screen. Dashlane will alert you if a security breach is recorded.,Dashlane could improve their email support, as it is not the fastest or most efficient support at the moment. Dashlane can be a little expensive if you wish to use features like syncing and web access to passwords.,9,It saves time by generating automatic long complex password without having to write them down somewhere unsafe or having to remember them. It's great to use when you're on the road as well since it synchronizes with your smartphone; easy access wherever you are! It keeps everyone safer by making certain that passwords are not reused too often and alerts you when an account might be compromised.,,Remote Desktop Manager, Keeper, Duo SecurityFor password security try DashlaneDashlane is used to store passwords and hep with password sharing. It is also used to make using secure passwords easier.,Very secure with high encryption. The mobile app is very easy to use. Web plugin works well and is easy to use.,The web plug in is a bit aggressive. It should be easier to dismiss it if I don't want it to be involved with a particular sign-in. It's more expensive than its competitors.,9,Time saved is the biggest impact. It makes logging into frequently used sights faster and easier. Security is the next large impact as passwords are the weakest link in your environment.,,Snagit, MindManagerForget trying to remember passwords and card numbers. Store and use them automatically and securely.I am an end user of Dashlane, and absolutely love it. It has unburdened me from the need to write down and secure long complex passwords, credit card information, and logging on to the majority of sites I visit. The frosting on the cake is its ability to securely synchronize my sensitive data across devices: PC, iMac, iPhone, and iPad.,Dashlane securely synchronizes sensitive data across all of my computing devices. This feature alone is valuable. It has good tools too, like the password generator that lets me set how long and complex of a password I want to create, and then gives me the option to save it right then and there. Dashlane's ability to automatically log me in, or to pre-fill forms is why I bought it. It hasn't let me down. It has saved me a lot of time.,Dashlane touts its ability to automatically change and update passwords. In my experience, this is one of its few weak areas. It is only able to automatically do so on a small percentage of the sites I visit. Dashlane accounts are tied to one email address. You cannot update your email address, and that is a significant shortcoming. It can be annoying to have to type in a password to access Dashlane. Most of the time I can use a fingerprint on my phone or tablet, but not yet on computers.,10,I can only answer this subjectively. It has saved me HUGE amounts of time with logging on and filling forms ... huge amounts of time. The only negative I can come up with is the resistance from security people who are unfamiliar with it.,KeePass,Keynote Systems,Synchronizing secured information across multiple devices works very well and nearly invisibly. Automatic web form fill-in rarely enters incomplete or inaccurate data. Receipts can be kept for purchases made online when Dashlane is used to fill in the payment information.,A biometric fingerprint can be used on an iPhone, but not on an iPad. I'd be a bit happier if it worked n both. Using the automatic password changer only works for a few websites, I know you can't get them all, but Dashlane should be able to hit a higher percentage.,Yes,9
Dashlane

Dashlane Reviews

Dashlane

Do you work for this company?

Filter 42 vetted Dashlane reviews and ratings

Jeremy Goldsborough profile photo
October 16, 2019

Dashlane to the rescue!

• Dashlane does a great job of detecting the password creation process on new websites and prompting users to store the data on the app. This saves a lot of time and eliminates the need to remember to save passwords manually.
  • Dashlane syncs well across devices. That password you created using your laptop is immediately available on your smartphone app without the need for double entry.
  • The Dashlane application provides a variety of data save types beyond just passwords. You are able to save account information, payment methods, and personal data in a categorized way.
  • Dashlane can be frustrating to use on my Mac. There are often times where the app is open but simply will not display the dashboard. I am forced to close the app and relaunch it to gain access. Support has been unable to fix this for me.
  • There are times where Dashlane tries to interact with a web form that it should not interact with. It feels like it is getting in the way and hindering the form completion rather than helping with efficiency. Better detection of form types would be a big improvement.
  • Refining the way that Dashlane deals with replacement/updating passwords would be a welcome improvement. It is very easy to get duplicate entries into the system so that you have 2 or more logins to a website to choose from even though only one of them is current.
Dashlane is well suited for a company or individual who likes to stay organized and is willing to take the time to really make sure they are using the application as it is supposed to be used. It has a learning curve. In a scenario where a company just wants to start throwing passwords and logins into an app and expecting everything to run smoothly, Dashlane would not be a great fit.
Read Jeremy Goldsborough's full review
Tristan Dobbs profile photo
  • Security dashboard - Dashlane highlights any safety practices that are not being followed and recommends that users change passwords if they are not being safe.
  • Dark web monitoring - Users are alerted if any of their credentials could possibly be compromised and ensures that they are informed enough to change or rectify the situation.
  • Company spaces - Dashlane allows for a "personal" and "company" space that users may use to store their personal passwords separately from their work passwords. If their account is ever terminated, they are left with their personal passwords and given a 40-day trial to Dashlane Premium.
  • Admin capabilities - Admins cannot reset passwords or 2SV tokens for any users, so they are left to contact Dashlane support. Without adequate management, Dashlane is tough to support internally effectively.
  • Reporting - Dashlane does not provide reports for when users export passwords, fail logins or do anything else to potentially compromise their accounts. The reporting right now simply shows when users are created and added/removed from sharing Groups, but even then, the reporting is broken.
  • Chrome - Chromebook users cannot take advantage of Dashlane to any real degree. They cannot set up 2SV tokens or keys, nor are they given the same features (Security Dashboard, Sharing Centre, etc.) so the experience is hampered, which adversely affects adoption.
Dashlane is well suited for end-users who are looking to get themselves a password manager for personal use. They must be using Mac or Windows primarily and install the local client to access all of the features needed to work properly. It is relatively inexpensive for end-users as well.
Read Tristan Dobbs's full review
  • Syncs to a mobile device - they have a mobile app so you can use this on your cell phone too
  • Automatically signs you into your accounts - you can load a website and Dashlane automatically logs you in using stored/saved passwords.
  • You only have to remember one password - the master password to Dashlane.
  • Chrome also saves passwords and this can conflict with Dashlane - both will load saved info. You have to manually remove saved passwords in Chrome, which is time consuming.
  • Sometimes it doesn't log me in to certain websites or is really slow to eventually log me in
  • Not sure that it's always syncing properly and doesn't always ask to store newly created passwords when it should
This is a company requirement for me to use it, so it works but I don't really have a choice in the matter. It's great for sharing passwords between groups and automatically generating strong passwords. However, if you let Dashlane generate a password, you won't actually know what that password is unless you look it up later. I for one am old school and don't like the idea of not actually knowing what a password is for an account or having a written record of it somewhere - and there have been a few occasions where I'm glad I do if Dashlane is slow to respond/load or it's logged me out.
David Judice profile photo
  • The auto-login on websites is very nice, and any websites that I have multiple accounts for will prompt me for which account I want to log in with. This is a HUGE help since there are many sites I have multiple accounts on and connect to several times a day from each account. Very, very nice!
  • I love it that it shares my passwords between multiple devices that I have running Dashlane. It doesn't matter which device I am using, including my phone, Dashlane remembers my logins and passwords.
  • I haven't found any negatives that are large enough to report. Great product that I am very happy with.
Anyone that has many sites they log into regularly, or even not so regularly, Dashlane will remember those usernames and passwords and store that information securely for later use. No more remembering usernames and passwords for sites you may not visit very often, and any that you visit regularly can be logged into automatically.
Read David Judice's full review
Rachel Moenning profile photo
  • Stores sensitive information (passwords, payment info, etc.)
  • You can easily share passwords from Dashlane user to Dashlane user.
  • It can connect with your browser as an extension for ease of use.
  • The mobile app is well thought-out.
  • Sometimes the sharing function isn't as intuitive as it should be.
  • Sometimes the auto-fill function doesn't work when I visit websites. When it does work, it's fantastic, but when it doesn't, it's a little extra work.
If you have many applications or accounts with multiple passwords to keep track of, this is a great password manager that is clean, versatile on many devices, and great for a team environment. Even if you are an individual with too many passwords, it's still great. I think Premium/Professional Dashlane is needed only for a team, though.
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
  • The Emergency Contact feature is quite nice since it allows you to set an emergency contact for your important accounts in case of an urgent and critical matter. It is useful at work as well as for personal accounts, simply set your emergency contact to one of your coworkers so they can temporarily access your account.
  • Dashlane offers one of the most polished interface that is out there, it is nice, sleek and easy to use. It's beautiful and simple interface makes it perfect to use for anyone who isn't too computer-friendly.
  • The Security Dashboard easily identifies dangerously weak or reused passwords that are stored in your password vault and quickly sees what accounts hackers may have compromised with a handy security score screen. Dashlane will alert you if a security breach is recorded.
  • Dashlane could improve their email support, as it is not the fastest or most efficient support at the moment.
  • Dashlane can be a little expensive if you wish to use features like syncing and web access to passwords.
I have to connect to a lot of different websites during the day and they all have to be secured with complicated and exhaustive passwords which are impossible for me to remember. Having Dashlane automatically generate complex passwords for me and create new entries in the software saves me a lot of time and headaches.
Micah Jones profile photo
  • Very secure with high encryption.
  • The mobile app is very easy to use.
  • Web plugin works well and is easy to use.
  • The web plug in is a bit aggressive. It should be easier to dismiss it if I don't want it to be involved with a particular sign-in.
  • It's more expensive than its competitors.
It's well suited for password security enforcement and sharing. Less so for emulating SSO.
Read Micah Jones's full review

• Dashlane securely synchronizes sensitive data across all of my computing devices. This feature alone is valuable.
  • It has good tools too, like the password generator that lets me set how long and complex of a password I want to create, and then gives me the option to save it right then and there.
  • Dashlane's ability to automatically log me in, or to pre-fill forms is why I bought it. It hasn't let me down. It has saved me a lot of time.
  • Dashlane touts its ability to automatically change and update passwords. In my experience, this is one of its few weak areas. It is only able to automatically do so on a small percentage of the sites I visit.
  • Dashlane accounts are tied to one email address. You cannot update your email address, and that is a significant shortcoming.
  • It can be annoying to have to type in a password to access Dashlane. Most of the time I can use a fingerprint on my phone or tablet, but not yet on computers.
It is amazing at filling in online forms for me, for logging me into web sites, and keeping me aware of a weak or repeated password on my current list of over 100. It does not do well at updating credentials for most websites.

About Dashlane